iOS Global Event participants 53897 with 3 days left; How many in your platform?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
It's been a while since I put this game down on a Wednesday/Thursday, but 23 hours after the iOS Global Event started, with 3AP, my rank is #53897.

110 AP and my rank is #11633.

So, 24 hours into the tournament:
#1 has made it into the Gold League with a whopping 11010 AP.
#2-#29 have made it into the Silver League.
#30-#11633(maybe up to #11700) have made it into the Bronze League.

I doubt anyone that will read this hasn't started the Global Event, but if you play on Android and haven't started the Event yet, what is your rank after your first win?

UPDATE: After Day 2
Top 5 is above the 10,000 AP mark, with the top 8 into the Gold League, and the bottom of the top 30 is hovering around 5,000 AP.
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    David T,

I'm just curious why you're not playing on this week's Global Event. Is it because you already have a much stronger, more powerful weapon and you have already upgraded your base to the max? Or is this some kind of a "protest"?
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    David T,

I'm just curious why you're not playing on this week's Global Event. Is it because you already have a much stronger weapon and you have already upgraded your base to the max? Or is this some kind of a "protest"?

As tempting as the "Sunburn 9.5" (a.k.a. to me, the 'Sunburner') is, I have some other things to do in real life.; Not as if I would have tried to compete for a Tesla anyway, so it's just good timing.

Unfortunately I do not have a good Tesla so I'm going to need to collect that 1300 gold for the Sunburn 9.0 pretty fast to keep up and/or compete for a weapon in Global.

I'm only about half way through upgrading the tier 9 base, so another 3-3.5 million diamonds should do it.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • ThianrenThianren Registered Users 77 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    As tempting as the "Sunburn 9.5" (a.k.a. to me, the 'Sunburner') is, I have some other things to do in real life.; Not as if I would have tried to compete for a Tesla anyway, so it's just good timing.

Unfortunately I do not have a good Tesla so I'm going to need to collect that 1300 gold for the Sunburn 9.0 pretty fast to keep up and/or compete for a weapon in Global.

I'm only about half way through upgrading the tier 9 base, so another 3-3.5 million diamonds should do it.

David, is there any other way to collect the 1300 golds aside from buying it with real money? I mean, we only got 5 golds as a reward after leveling up, but the max level we could obtain is only at 80. The free gold offers is only by watching video and not everyday is available…sometimes I think it's impossible to get that amount of golds…
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Thianren wrote: »
    David, is there any other way to collect the 1300 golds aside from buying it with real money? I mean, we only got 5 golds as a reward after leveling up, but the max level we could obtain is only at 80. The free gold offers is only by watching video and not everyday is available…sometimes I think it's impossible to get that amount of golds…

Watching videos for 1 gold at a time seems to be the only consistent way. I currently have the issue of the button looking active, but nothing happens when I press it, oh well, maybe tomorrow.

And one small correction, I just got a game update which switched the name of the Sunburn 9.5 to the Eclipse. Fast work Glu.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • GVilleJacketGVilleJacket Registered Users 30 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I doubt anyone that will read this hasn't started the Global Event, but if you play on Android and haven't started the Event yet, what is your rank after your first win?

Just to make everyone jealous of the Amazon players, I just played my first match and am now ranked 2674.

I am not playing this weekend because my Nadir is better than the Zenith, and like you real life is calling. I will stay at my 3 Assassin points until Sunday night and then move to over 100 for the bronze league and see where that leaves me. By the way, the very first weekend that they started league events, I did not play the global event at all. I was still placed in a Bronze event and played all 3 days by myself earning some leviathan drones.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    That is so awesome for those on Amazon! I really might a cheap tablet with android on it now. Just thinking of the bucks I could have saved thus far. Just wondering if the game is any different from Amazon or if the game play is still the same? Not worried about videos for gold or equipment.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'll repeat myself about Amazon vs Google Play/iOS. I'm in a couple casual weeks on iOS, and it is the same game play. Same campaigns, same PVP - except now with everyone engaging 7 days a week, and the V2.0 AP match up system, upgrading my 3.0 weapons is very very slow. Back in 1.0 on Amazon, it moved much faster, and the match ups were much more even.

The big difference between the 2 is that Amazon does not offer a watch for free gold button, just the other fill out forms kind of advertisers, so, very little gold there. Also there are no offers for free equipment, energy, or double payouts. That said, I have 2 8.5 weapons and 2 9.5 weapons. The Venus is still my weakest attack even though it's 9.5. Usually takes a med kit to defeat a short attack. Will take me quite some time to finish the tier 9 base, I'm sure they'll release the next version before then.

Only spent a few days with the Google Play DL - it has the missing features of Amazon, but in between on PVP event size.

I'd bet GLU will change this positive difference if they maintain their present direction.

As to how many people on the Amazon Global event, I entered it at 3:00am Thursday and was rated 1st place, so, no way to know after a day how many are in it? I also entered the iOS event today, and it was about 54000.