Options

Increasing diamonds spent to find target in PVP match

ThianrenThianren Registered Users 77 Posts
I recently found that the diamonds required to find target is increasing from initially 25 to currently 125. Does anyone know why the required diamonds increased and how to keep it low?

Comments

• Options
    ForbiddonForbiddon Registered Users 1 Posts
    Thianren wrote: »
    I recently found that the diamonds required to find target is increasing from initially 25 to currently 125. Does anyone know why the required diamonds increased and how to keep it low?

Mine start at 85 then 135 250 so now as I'm always 150-250 below opponents strength can't build diamonds up now so game is not worth playing now as I don't spend money on these games but did really enjoy this til I got prices out:(
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Looks like you have a better deal. Mine starts at 125 and then goes to 250. Next one goes to 375 and then 500 and then 625 and so on. I don't know what group (Android, iOS, etc.) you're playing on, but that might be the difference.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Here are a few questions, and maybe the answers, for you:
    Where did you download the game from?
    When did you start playing?
    What campaign level are you up to?
    What is your base defense rating, most powerful short/long range weapons ratings, and current AP score?

The answers are in there somewhere.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I recall first playing that the find target was 25 diamonds, and gradually increased to 125 Amazon download. I started a new game on an iPad, and now at Level 20, it's still at 25, just started Russia and only play about 4 hours in the afternoon. I noticed also, that on the iPad, it's much more difficult to get a player in my same attack rating 400, 1/3 completed tier 2 base. Most are 100 or more base points ahead of me. I believe this is due to so many more PVPs happening with the new 7 day a week tournaments going on.

Also noticed how easy it was to quickly get to the number 1 position in the bronze league - most everyone was 8 AP or lower! I guess I can't blame them with such poor prizes, I'm just trying to build up diamonds.
  • Options
    It would make the most sense if the amount of diamonds for PVP matching was based on your base's diamond production, but my guess is that it's attached to your VP score, like the player matching.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    Here are a few questions, and maybe the answers, for you:
    Where did you download the game from?
    When did you start playing?
    What campaign level are you up to?
    What is your base defense rating, most powerful short/long range weapons ratings, and current AP score?

The answers are in there somewhere.

My platform is iOS
    I started playing this game since March 2015 (last month)
    My present campaign is still in Russia, I prefer not to proceed but upgrading the base and weapons…
    My defense rating is 4 stars (1145) and my most powerful weapon is 3 stars (Viper)
    My current VP score is 450
  • Options
    My platform is iOS
    I started playing this game since March 2015 (last month)
    My present campaign is still in Russia, I prefer not to proceed but upgrading the base and weapons…
    My defense rating is 4 stars (1145) and my most powerful weapon is 3 stars (Viper)
    My current VP score is 450

I think it has to do with your VP score. Would you say that you've been paying 125 diamonds per match for the last 25 matches? Did the amount of diamonds per PVP match increase after you reached a 400 VP score?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I think it has to do with your VP score. Would you say that you've been paying 125 diamonds per match for the last 25 matches? Did the amount of diamonds per PVP match increase after you reached a 400 VP score?

You mentioned it right David! Now I begin to regret of getting a high VP score…

I pursue the Grenade prize during Bronze league rather than Leviathan, I think it's more useful…
  • Options
    I'm at 240 VP in my iOS game, and it's 55 diamonds to start a PVP and goes up quickly from there. A little while ago, I was matched with a guy over 4000 base power. I just did a round where the first two selections where over double my attack points, the third was triple, then the 4th was a winnable 525 base power against my 468 attack (either weapon). So, it was 55, 110, 165, 220 which is 550 diamonds - I won 520, so lost again. This is very typical unless I find an equal in the first couple selections.

I never activate my Leviathans and hope to be attacked so I can find a fair retaliation. This is not the way I had to do it before 2.0 update on my Android. I'm exactly 3 months on that game, with 6400 VP, 2 8.5 long weapons, and 2 9.5 short weapons selected. Started Tier 9 and finished Kill Club. It's not the download, it's the AP method of PVP selection, and the big hump to upgrade the Viper and Kraken.

edit; Ok after dropping from 2600 to below 1000 after a couple more try's I have a new strategy - if the 2nd opponent selection is not under 600, fight and loose anyway. Just lost two battles (one against 1400 ap). Better to risk 110 diamonds and except defeat, than pay more.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    So, it was 55, 110, 165, 220 which is 550 diamonds - I won 520, so lost again. This is very typical unless I find an equal in the first couple selections.
    This seems to be typical throughout the game if you rely on collecting diamonds, and the frequency of 'negative net gain' increases when a new weapons come out (weekly); when a new tier comes out you can usually gain more diamonds by signing on to the game, but not playing PVP; just to collect your diamond production fund.

PVP started as something to keep our attention while we waited for more campaign sections; meanwhile PVP became the money maker, not the campaign sections.

Players like variety, that's what we like to play and that's what we pay for. It's no surprise that games like Candy Crush are super-popular because they constantly add variety of game functions while being connected through FB; not because there are hundreds of levels.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    And now, the diamonds price to find target in PVP match is decreasing, from previously 190 now is 125, can anyone here could explain?
  • Options
    And now, the diamonds price to find target in PVP match is decreasing, from previously 190 now is 125, can anyone here could explain?

I have never had to pay more than 125 diamonds for the 1st PVP match up. What device are you playing on and what was your VP score?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I have never had to pay more than 125 diamonds for the 1st PVP match up. What device are you playing on and what was your VP score?

I use iOS and my current VP score is 566 :D
  • Options
    On iOS, just reached level 25, and my initial price for PVP has gone from 55 to 85. Wonder at what level it turns to 125?

I think this was on track with the Android version.
  • Options
    I use iOS and my current VP score is 566 :D
    After you have won or lost a PVP battle it should cost you 125 diamonds. If you don't press "Attack" within 30 seconds you will miss the chance to attack for 125 diamonds; the next time you press "Find Target" it will cost you more than 125 diamonds. If you press "Find New Target" it will cost more than 125 diamonds as well. If you keep pressing "Find New Target" or continue to not press "attack" before 30 seconds, you will realize you can pay up to 1240 diamonds for your next match.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    On iOS, just reached level 25, and my initial price for PVP has gone from 55 to 85. Wonder at what level it turns to 125?

I think this was on track with the Android version.

Have you reached 400 VP? That is when Thianren's increased to 125 diamonds per match.; which makes sense because levels are tied to the Campaign sections, VP is tied to PVP, and weapons tie those two sections of the game together.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Wife is reading a book on the iPad right now so can't check, but I'd guess my VP is below 60.
  • Options
    Wife is reading a book on the iPad right now so can't check, but I'd guess my VP is below 60.

So it sounds like you have another 170 matches to go before the 125 diamond requirement. I'm not sure where you are in your diamond collection goals, but I was wondering if you 'can' still pay up to 1240 diamonds for the next match if you continue to press "Find Next Target", as I just did; what's a 1000 diamonds?, right?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    It's all relative. On the iOS, if the 55 diamonds didn't hand me an opponent below 150% of my attack power, I had to take the next higher 110 pick win or loose (and usually loose).
    On the Android, no problem to risk 1240 diamonds if I get a 6 to 12K return from an opponent. Filling up each spot on a tier 9 base takes 2 to 3 days. Maybe 4 if its up at 512K level!
  • Options
    Filling up each spot on a tier 9 base takes 2 to 3 days. Maybe 4 if its up at 512K level!
    Yeah, tier 9 on iOS is about a 2 month work-like project, if you're trying to play for free. I feel lucky to get more than 120K of diamonds in a day. 7.4 MILLION diamonds! That's a bit more than Dr. Evil demanded.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Just call me cheap ******* - $0 profit for Glu. But has worked so far. Now with the daily events, and being able to get up to 200 free gold a week, I can put some of that into base upgrades.

I was able to check the iPad, and I surprisingly had 246VP - really didn't feel like that many to me with all the losses I've taken.
    So, it must have been 240VP when the clock ticked off for the 85 diamond minimum find target beginning. Shame you don't loose a point for losses in VP, but then I'd guess one could end up with negative VP rating.