Options

Global Event Ranking

halabicohalabico Registered Users 14 Posts
Is there any chance to change the leaderboard to something useful, i do not need to see top 30. if you change it to see the 15 above me and 15 below me so i can decide how to proceed with the event.

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Would be good to know the VP for #10, 30, 90, 250, 1000, 1900 - the break off points for prizes, too.
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Would be good to know the VP for #10, 30, 90, 250, 1000, 1900 - the break off points for prizes, too.

Couldn't agree more!
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    halabico wrote: »
    Is there any chance to change the leaderboard to something useful, i do not need to see top 30. if you change it to see the 15 above me and 15 below me so i can decide how to proceed with the event.

I completely agree.

There was a time where I really wanted to rank 90 or better. I kept on playing, but my rank didn't improve very much. I ended up using quite a bit of gold/energy for no reason - not to mention the time spent.

There was a thread that I started asking whether or not it was possible to have better control of the Social/Battle Log. All we really need in that list are the defenses that we lost so we can plan our revenge(s). The rest of the list we don't really need. I don't remember Handles and/or anyone from Glu replied at all. I don't remember the last time Handles and/or anyone from Glu replied to any of the thread.

I'm still hoping that Glu would come to their senses and address most if not all of the issues we are having. This is their job. This is their business and we are their customers. Without customers then they won't have any business to run. Then they will be out of job.

I have downloaded their latest game, but I haven't played it yet. I'm waiting to see whether or not their "Customer Service" improves at all.

It's kind of sad. I like the game and I believe it still has a lot of potential.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    15 places above and below your placement; prize tier AP scores, organized social logs... I agree sounds great, but how does that make it more difficult for us to progress through the game and add incentive for us to spend more gold?...asks Glu.

Noobie already described the reason why Glu won't tell us prize milestone rankings, which is an example of the same formula that Glu uses with everything, "the less the players know, the harder they will try to find out".
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    15 places above and below your placement; prize tier AP scores, organized social logs... I agree sounds great, but how does that make it more difficult for us to progress through the game and add incentive for us to spend more gold?...asks Glu.

Noobie already described the reason why Glu won't tell us prize milestone rankings, which is an example of the same formula that Glu uses with everything, "the less the players know, the harder they will try to find out".

While I totally agree with you, I don't think that it has to be this way. Part of our job as consumers of the games is to convince Glu that they will will make more money if they have a happier consumer. I haven't figured out how to do that, but it is important that we figure out a way for "the light to come on at Glu."

GLUU went public March of 2007 at $11.50. Today the stock closed at $5.40. The stock has lost 54% of its value over eight years, in spite of developing several of the best, most popular, games out there. Moreover, the games are costly to play, which should mean the Glu is making a lot of money, yet they do not. Of course, you and I know why they have lost over half of their value: the don't care about the consumer of their product. They report earnings next week, and I will bet they haven't made money.

Think about a great consumer products company: My favorite example is Apple. People are proud to tell you they paid $399 to $10,000 for a new Apple watch, and Apple will make them feel great and important because they own that watch. I am embarrased and ashamed of the money I gave to Glu this past month, because they have gone out of their way to show me that they regard me as stupid and insignificant. They leave me with boxes of parts and no way create a weapon, they arbitrarily reduce the value of weapons that I already have, they respond to my inquiries two weeks late and then do nothing to fix the problems. They clearly do not respond to the concerns of this forum, and they provide no information about what they are planning. They clearly do not care about their consumer.

I hope we can get Glu to see the broader picture. They will be more successful and we will feel better about our contributions to the game when they do, but I don't expect to see that transformation right away. It could be worse, I could be a Glu stockholder.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    try_again wrote: »

For me, it's nice to see who the top 30 during each Global Event. That way we know who the heavy hitters are.

I'm just hoping that they would just add - like you said - the break off points for prizes, i.e. #90, #250, #1000, #1900, etc.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    While I totally agree with you, I don't think that it has to be this way. Part of our job as consumers of the games is to convince Glu that they will will make more money if they have a happier consumer. I haven't figured out how to do that, but it is important that we figure out a way for "the light to come on at Glu."

GLUU went public March of 2007 at $11.50. Today the stock closed at $5.40. The stock has lost 54% of its value over eight years, in spite of developing several of the best, most popular, games out there. Moreover, the games are costly to play, which should mean the Glu is making a lot of money, yet they do not. Of course, you and I know why they have lost over half of their value: the don't care about the consumer of their product. They report earnings next week, and I will bet they haven't made money.

Think about a great consumer products company: My favorite example is Apple. People are proud to tell you they paid $399 to $10,000 for a new Apple watch, and Apple will make them feel great and important because they own that watch. I am embarrased and ashamed of the money I gave to Glu this past month, because they have gone out of their way to show me that they regard me as stupid and insignificant. They leave me with boxes of parts and no way create a weapon, they arbitrarily reduce the value of weapons that I already have, they respond to my inquiries two weeks late and then do nothing to fix the problems. They clearly do not respond to the concerns of this forum, and they provide no information about what they are planning. They clearly do not care about their consumer.

I hope we can get Glu to see the broader picture. They will be more successful and we will feel better about our contributions to the game when they do, but I don't expect to see that transformation right away. It could be worse, I could be a Glu stockholder.

Compelling post! Let's hope someone of power takes notice.
  • Options
    CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    I agree, a scoreboard that is actually useful would be nice. Who cares about the top 30, it's the same people all the time anyway.