How is Short or Long assigned to Defender?

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
I'm starting to see a repetition of some people being assigned a short defense, and some a long one.

Obviously the short defense is more difficult to defeat, so that would be desirable to have your defense always appear.

I wonder if it's a case of that person paid for his base by gold instead of diamonds? I'm noticing mainly 46080 base power players- some always appear with a short defense, some always long. It doesn't seem random, like I'd expect.

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I had always assumed that the assignment was random, and once you are assigned there is no way to change. Short defenses are harder to defeat for sure. I am assume that I am assigned a long defense, since I lose every defense even though I have a Base power of 46080 armed with Leviathon Drones, power 2000.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Bradr what did you mean by this I am assume that I am assigned a long defense, since I lose every defense even though I have a Base power of 46080 armed with Leviathon Drones, power 2000. not sure I understand the part of you lose every defense??
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Bradr what did you mean by this I am assume that I am assigned a long defense, since I lose every defense even though I have a Base power of 46080 armed with Leviathon Drones, power 2000. not sure I understand the part of you lose every defense??

When I look at the Battlelog (under the Social Tab) it shows whether I have won or lost defenses while I have been offline. I have not had a successful defense in the last two weeks.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    When I look at the Battlelog (under the Social Tab) it shows whether I have won or lost defenses while I have been offline. I have not had a successful defense in the last two weeks.

I rarely do either. It's because the weapons are so powerful now.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I rarely do either. It's because the weapons are so powerful now.

This is true, except even an 88192 heavy takes more time exposed to the defender and more difficult to win the battle, hence, not as likely to attack. I'm speaking for myself with the caveat that I haven't increased my personal health in tier 9 yet. I will not attack a short in the global event, but maybe the league tournament if I can safely reach 100 AP in time.

Just trying to figure out why a person seen repeatedly always appears the same short or long defense? Order of upgrade, pay by gold or diamonds, or it's decided by chance and stays that way permanently?
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Registered Users 52 Posts
    The skills of Players climbing the ranks are so
    Y evolving an stepping up to tougher challenges you big dogs offer from a defence stand point.
  • legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    I'm starting to see a repetition of some people being assigned a short defense, and some a long one.

Obviously the short defense is more difficult to defeat, so that would be desirable to have your defense always appear.

I wonder if it's a case of that person paid for his base by gold instead of diamonds? I'm noticing mainly 46080 base power players- some always appear with a short defense, some always long. It doesn't seem random, like I'd expect.

defender of base use both short & long primary weapons , he will replace them during defense according to the location of the attacker , i assume that the power of primary weapon of the defender is based on the player owned primary weapons, but i cannot confirm
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Yes, I've noticed that peculiarity of the lead base defender switching from assault to sniper. And if it's a maxed out base or the defender has a top end sniper weapon, you have to be very careful if you're low on energy to be exposed to a that sniper shot that can instantly put an end to the battle. That crack and subsequent echo can send chills down my back.

I've concluded my original question will remain just conjecture since I'll never know what my defense will end up after completing base upgrades. But, it does seem with practically no offensive losses, it's a long attack base, like bradr752 speculates.
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Yes, I've noticed that peculiarity of the lead base defender switching from assault to sniper. And if it's a maxed out base or the defender has a top end sniper weapon, you have to be very careful if you're low on energy to be exposed to a that sniper shot that can instantly put an end to the battle. That crack and subsequent echo can send chills down my back.

I've noticed and experienced those critical shots from sniper weapon recently. Before 2 or 3 weeks ago, I wouldn't care about the defender's sniper weapon, because it only cost me a little health point(maybe 5-10% at most, I have max-out HP). But recently I could be shot from sniper weapon and lost 30-40% HP.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    The sniper rifle just won in global event trepan at start of event had max weapon power of 58880 but now is max 52480 so Dev team appear to have addressed this issue
    ( + )