Glu, your game sucks

VasqiVasqi Registered Users 21 Posts
So, as if it isn't bad enough that my 9.0 heavy (fully upgraded) couldn't kill a fly, now I noticed that you've downgraded the clip size on my 9.0 Sniper Scalple rifle (fully upgraded) from 9 shots to 3.

I know, I know, you figgured, who the hell will notice? Anyone eith a tesla never touches their sniper rifle anyway? ... Except to defend their base. That's why my 9.0 base is $50,000 lighter in the pocket when I log back on. And when I check the history to find out who exactly is knocking me over like a house of cards, it's a bunch of players with 5 and 6 star bases.

I know, I know, that's because you are passing out over powered weapons to anyone who can rais their hands fast enough. But then how do you explain the downgrading if all of my maxed out weapons?

Well, except for the tesla. The 8.5 tesla (fully upgraded) knocks down a 9.0 base so easily, you have time to do it between sips on your morning coffee. Which brings me to my next question, what the hell do we need an upgraded tesla for anyway (re: the one we are currently competing for)?

This game has gotten so gay, it doesn't matter how big and bad your base is or your guns are, any ******* can knock you down. We are going through all of this effort for nothing (and the game was akready lame), but the second we logg off, 3,000 1 star players walk accross our defences as if they're not even there.

My vault generates something like 4,200 diamonds an hour, but after 9 hours logged off, I log on (takes an eterinty to log on or go to campaigns, btw) to find only a couple hundred in my vault. This is because I've been rapped and pillaged by some of the weakest players in the game!

So, what's the point?
Do we have to stay logged on 24/7 to build up any kind of revenue now?
Do I really need to devote this device completely to this one gay *** game?

Holy ****! This game is lame!

Comments

• Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    I agreed...my suggest to Glu that they should stop issue out more power weapons and start issue more power drones for defense to balance defense vs offense. They can easily create drones and use them as rewards in global tournament or leagues and they still able to earn money as a result of weapons awarded in those tournaments. This will keep the game more interest and players can save diamonds with effort to build the Defense.
    Just a thought...knowing that Glue might not care.
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Registered Users 52 Posts
    So you assume nobody with the right skills can't takeout players double or higher than themselfs? Hate to bust your ***** waldo, but you can beat players with slit higher defence bases than yours if you are cleaver enough.

I've beaten defence bases 3 times above my defence and attack level. So you being beaten by lower players shows there's plenty of skilled players climbing the ranks below you. Accept your always find players who can stratiedically defeat you in a battle. It's called the evolution of skillfulled players.
  • Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    True that anyone from a few tiers down can and will raid your base while logged out.The guns evolve faster than the bases.Always remember it after all is just a game,play it for the fun of it.I use gold for bases and only use the diamonds for guns when a new one comes along.
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    All this , besides , there are players who have hacked the game , it is impossible for the top 30 , reaching scores as exaggerated. Like they have much money to buy gold.
    For those who play cleanly and we spend our money to buy 100 gold, or 200 , we spend it in vain ; because we are always doomed to compete in the Silver League . We are not even able to reach a position 90 .
    It's really descepcionante
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    I've finished into the top 90 before, but it's insane. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the constantly top 30 people are actually several people playing the same account.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I kind of disagree. The game doesn't suck, per say. It's in the borderline of okay and pretty good. I know that there are issues that need to be worked on. But I believe the game still has potentials.

It is hard to finish into the top 90 - let alone top 30. It is possible, but it will come with a price.

The easy way is to buy some gold and then use the gold to buy energy.

If you don't want to spend your money and/or you don't have the money to spend, then there's another way. The other way is to play the 3 energy/hour that you are given. That might get you to finish within the top 90 or close to it. You might have to spend some of the gold that you get during Gold Events and League Tournaments to buy some energy so you can get over that hump and finish better than 90. But this will come with a price. By playing every single hour during Global Events and League Tournaments, your "social life" might/will suffer.

If you don't want to spend any money and just play for free, don't expect to have the best of everything.

The game is not perfect. It does have issues that needs to be worked on. It does have potentials.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    I kind of disagree. The game doesn't suck, per say. It's in the borderline of okay and pretty good. I know that there are issues that need to be worked on. But I believe the game still has potentials.

It is hard to finish into the top 90 - let alone top 30. It is possible, but it will come with a price.

The easy way is to buy some gold and then use the gold to buy energy.

If you don't want to spend your money and/or you don't have the money to spend, then there's another way. The other way is to play the 3 energy/hour that you are given. That might get you to finish within the top 90 or close to it. You might have to spend some of the gold that you get during Gold Events and League Tournaments to buy some energy so you can get over that hump and finish better than 90. But this will come with a price. By playing every single hour during Global Events and League Tournaments, your "social life" might/will suffer.

If you don't want to spend any money and just play for free, don't expect to have the best of everything.

The game is not perfect. It does have issues that needs to be worked on. It does have potentials.

David T has calculated that the most one could receive in a weekend event is 7110 points. I recently spent a weekend seeing what I could do while still getting some sleep. I managed over 4000 points, enough to put me in the Silver league and giving me the 50 Gold milestone award. I had a piece of luck, since Silver played for the Trebuchet Sniper rifle which I had previously received parts for in Gold League competition. I was able to craft it without any expense. In short, no expense, except lost sleep, for the two tournaments.

This weekend I am endeavoring to see how cheaply I can qualify for the Gold League. I am currently ranked 41st on IOS at 8385 point, with a net outlay of less than 750 Gold ( $29.99). This should get me into the Gold League, unless I fall asleep. This game is not that expensive, when played at a moderate level.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    This weekend I am endeavoring to see how cheaply I can qualify for the Gold League. I am currently ranked 41st on IOS at 8385 point, with a net outlay of less than 750 Gold ( $29.99). This should get me into the Gold League.

bradr752, if the Global Event ends right now, you both qualified for Gold League Tournament (AT 8385) and Silver League Tournament (ranked 41st). Would you have a choice on which tournament you would join or can you join both Gold and Silver League Tournaments?
    Noobie wrote: »
    bradr752, if the Global Event ends right now, you both qualified for Gold League Tournament (AT 8385) and Silver League Tournament (ranked 41st). Would you have a choice on which tournament you would join or can you join both Gold and Silver League Tournaments?

No, you are automatically entered into the highest level tournament for which you qualify.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    Brad, have we ever fought in game?
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    No, you are automatically entered into the highest level tournament for which you qualify.

But the problem if you are not in top 30 but your AP is over 8,500 then you might not get Second Tesla and when you enter Gold League for next Heavy gun, so no chance to find parts of this Eclipse anymore.

So this weekend I try to play just within Top 90 and not to get score over 8,500 to avoid enter to Gold league anymore.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Scalpel and Scorcher - Initially I was surprised to see 9.0 weapons offered for in-game cash after completing Kill Zone, because I'm used to them making us earn 9.0 cash weapons after they release 10.0, and it did not surprise me when the stats were changed back to a 'in-game cash version' of the weapons. It does suck for those of you that used gold to upgrade them. Do you think if you knew the clip sizes were only going to be 3 and 45, you wouldn't have upgraded them or at least only used diamonds/cash?

Time & Money - Obviously purchasing gold is a bit of a gamble because you don't really 'own' anything with it and collecting cash/diamonds takes a lot more of your time. This game takes a lot of time and using gold reduces the time, which creates the very strange dynamic of paying real money to play the game less, faster, and most importantly, when you want to play. I understand the importance of getting to play the game when you want without losing your progress and wanting the opportunity to play all of the game content, but everyone knows cash/diamonds doesn't get you there.

Without using gold, you have to choose between trying to keep up with the game and being competitive in PVP or waiting to earn gold so you can play the game in the programmed natural flow of progression.

Unless there is a constant supply of new lower powered players, this game essentially stops due to the lack of variety in PVP bases.

I see that Noobie is offering a "so you're saying there's a chance" perspective, but to get access to all of the game content, you have to earn or buy gold. Only using gold earned by playing PVP is a far stretch from reasonable expectations for players. In playing for free-play terms, 4000 AP for the 50 gold milestone means you're paying hourly attention to the game for 13.5 hours a day for 4 days, while winning 3 times per hour and not losing a match. 100 VP for the League 50 gold milestone, in free-play terms, is almost 17 hours a day. 105 hours paying hourly attention to the game per week; that's about 62% of your total time in a week. If you sleep 8 hours a day, you will have to pay attention to this game every moment you're awake and win 3 times hourly, to gain 200 gold/week. Eat/shower/work? in-between playing.

#1 - Do I need a dedicated device and be signed on to the game 24/7?
    Yes, if you intend to use diamonds to progress.

#2 - Can I keep up with the game for free?
    Yes, if #1 applies and you spend about 60% of your month focusing on progressing in the game the most efficient way, without making mistakes.

7110 AP is the highest possible score you can attain in a Global Event without using additional energy.
    50 gold reward (4000 AP in Global or 100 VP in League) is extremely time consuming to achieve for free.
    Silver League (2500 AP) will take roughly 33 hours of your attention in a 4 day span.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    I understand that this game is not perfect as some say ; but it should be close to perfection , because it is not a free game after all.
    Here is charged to progress.
    Anyway , I made reference to many players , those who come to accumulate scores exaggerated in PVP events , I do not think the luxury of spending hundreds of € buy gold to replenish your energy den .
    Here are a trap !!!
    Another thing : The sniper rifle sacrificially gave him their full potential , it is now no longer has a 6 shots , moving to having only three .
    What's going on ???
    And finally , I want to make clear , that almost everyone who plays this game assiduously , has left his money in it. For I myself have spent money on buying gold and the result is null. But not for mismanagement of it, but because there are players who I have hacked the game and make you lose what you get with sacrifice .
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Scalpel and Scorcher - Initially I was surprised to see 9.0 weapons offered for in-game cash after completing Kill Zone, because I'm used to them making us earn 9.0 cash weapons after they release 10.0, and it did not surprise me when the stats were changed back to a 'in-game cash version' of the weapons. It does suck for those of you that used gold to upgrade them. Do you think if you knew the clip sizes were only going to be 3 and 45, you wouldn't have upgraded them or at least only used diamonds/cash?

Time & Money - Obviously purchasing gold is a bit of a gamble because you don't really 'own' anything with it and collecting cash/diamonds takes a lot more of your time. This game takes a lot of time and using gold reduces the time, which creates the very strange dynamic of paying real money to play the game less, faster, and most importantly, when you want to play. I understand the importance of getting to play the game when you want without losing your progress and wanting the opportunity to play all of the game content, but everyone knows cash/diamonds doesn't get you there.

Without using gold, you have to choose between trying to keep up with the game and being competitive in PVP or waiting to earn gold so you can play the game in the programmed natural flow of progression.

Unless there is a constant supply of new lower powered players, this game essentially stops due to the lack of variety in PVP bases.

I see that Noobie is offering a "so you're saying there's a chance" perspective, but to get access to all of the game content, you have to earn or buy gold. Only using gold earned by playing PVP is a far stretch from reasonable expectations for players. In playing for free-play terms, 4000 AP for the 50 gold milestone means you're paying hourly attention to the game for 13.5 hours a day for 4 days, while winning 3 times per hour and not losing a match. 100 VP for the League 50 gold milestone, in free-play terms, is almost 17 hours a day. 105 hours paying hourly attention to the game per week; that's about 62% of your total time in a week. If you sleep 8 hours a day, you will have to pay attention to this game every moment you're awake and win 3 times hourly, to gain 200 gold/week. Eat/shower/work? in-between playing.

#1 - Do I need a dedicated device and be signed on to the game 24/7?
    Yes, if you intend to use diamonds to progress.

#2 - Can I keep up with the game for free?
    Yes, if #1 applies and you spend about 60% of your month focusing on progressing in the game the most efficient way, without making mistakes.

7110 AP is the highest possible score you can attain in a Global Event without using additional energy.
    50 gold reward (4000 AP in Global or 100 VP in League) is extremely time consuming to achieve for free.
    Silver League (2500 AP) will take roughly 33 hours of your attention in a 4 day span.

This one post should be made a sticky!

I am trying to follow point #2, got started late this month with tier 9 base, so we may see tier 10 base released sooner than I complete 9. If tier 10 does get released, then point #2 will be near impossible. Also an increasing problem is #1 - the more people trying to protect their diamond supply, the fewer available players to attack and they will have much lower available diamond supply because of this imbalance. Then also, the supply of new players will be shut out from being able to compete with the onslaught.

Could the purpose of this game be to make greedier, sleep deprived, and more bitter game players?
    But the problem if you are not in top 30 but your AP is over 8,500 then you might not get Second Tesla and when you enter Gold League for next Heavy gun, so no chance to find parts of this Eclipse anymore.

So this weekend I try to play just within Top 90 and not to get score over 8,500 to avoid enter to Gold league anymore.

Your point is a great one! I was doing the Gold League thing just as an exercise since I didn't need a Tesla upgrade. BTW, the Gold League is playing for the Neptune Heavy weapon, 9.5, Max damage 95872. Nice gun, but I won't be contesting this one, I already have 25 parts to the Limbo, which is an identically rated gun, with no prospect for completing it. What is the Silver League working on?

My current plan is to never put money into League play and to only commit gold and time to the Weekend events, when it is a weapon I really want/need. I hope this leaves me committed to serious PVP play one weekend per month. We will see how that works out.
    Brad, have we ever fought in game?

Your name has come up a couple of times. As the sayi, Thanks for the diamonds!
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Your name has come up a couple of times. As the sayi, Thanks for the diamonds!

Silver League pattern is always hunt for parts of second grade weapon from Global weekend. So this week we hunt for parts of Eclipse Tesla. As I said before if you are in Top 90 or 250, and qualify for Silver League (4,000 AP), then it's better choice than Gold League who always has only DG, Patrick or AUSAUSA can craft the Gold Weapon.

I wonder you never succeed in hunt for Gold Tesla, why don't you try to stay in Silver league for parts of Eclipse? Or do you already have Sunburn?
    Neptune will never compare to Limbo as Fire rate of Limbo is far better!
    Silver League pattern is always hunt for parts of second grade weapon from Global weekend. So this week we hunt for parts of Eclipse Tesla. As I said before if you are in Top 90 or 250, and qualify for Silver League (4,000 AP), then it's better choice than Gold League who always has only DG, Patrick or AUSAUSA can craft the Gold Weapon.

I wonder you never succeed in hunt for Gold Tesla, why don't you try to stay in Silver league for parts of Eclipse?
    Or do you already have Sunburn?

I do have the Sunburn from an earlier Event. It is a great gun, and as you probably know, Teslas don't need to be the latest generation to be effective. If you have the latest Assault or Heavy gun and reasonable powered Tesla, you are state of the art IMHO. They call this game CK Sniper, but the Sniper rifle is useless in PVP.

You have provided me with a really useful piece of information. If the Silver League always plays for the Second Level gun (11-30) from the Global Event, then the strategy has to be play for the Top 10 if you must have that top gun, or settle for the top 90 (35 points) and qualify for Silver League play, then complete the weapon (top 20, 5 points per day) for free in the Silver League the next week. Perfect!
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    If you have the latest Assault or Heavy gun and reasonable powered Tesla, you are state of the art IMHO.
    Agreed.
    They call this game CK Sniper, but the Sniper rifle is useless in PVP.
    Technically, the 'Sniper Rifles' in this game would be considered long range semi-autos and the only game challenges that are 'Sniper' worthy are the campaign sections with an objective of killing a single target. Technicalities....we're all a version of "The Terminator" in this game with our "phase plasma rifle in 40 watt range", no helmets, and pretty close to 'the machines' invincibility.

"Kill, Steal, & Destroy!"
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Yeah, we're very lucky GLU doesn't come up with a Tesla turret, or Tesla juggernaut!
    Wouldn't that be great? We might finally be able to protect our hard earned diamonds.

Unless then again if they come up with much powerful weapons. Endless vicious cycle....