Is it possible to collect all parts for a full weapon thru league events ? Thanks

Scorpio11Scorpio11 Registered Users 16 Posts
Is it possible to collect all parts for a full weapon thru league events ? Thanks
Prev1

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Scorpio11 wrote: »

It is possible, but not easy. To get a fully crafted weapon, you must either get a 1st and 2 top 3s, or 2 1sts and a top 10. No more than 3 out of 30 can win and usually only 1 or 2 succeeed.

Remember Brad's motto: If you win a weapon, you have a weapon; if you win parts, you got nothin'.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    It is possible, but not easy. To get a fully crafted weapon, you must either get a 1st and 2 top 3s, or 2 1sts and a top 10. No more than 3 out of 30 can win and usually only 1 or 2 succeeed.

Remember Brad's motto: If you win a weapon, you have a weapon; if you win parts, you got nothin'.

Again, I disagree. If you qualified for silver you managed to get at least a few parts during the global. Then you just need to do the math for how many parts you need and make a strategy. My plan was top 250 for global, got it and won 20 parts. Now I just need 30 over the next 3 silver league events, which means just a top 10 finish the next 3 events. A fairly easy task, even if you are just using free energy.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Again, I disagree. If you qualified for silver you managed to get at least a few parts during the global. Then you just need to do the math for how many parts you need and make a strategy. My plan was top 250 for global, got it and won 20 parts. Now I just need 30 over the next 3 silver league events, which means just a top 10 finish the next 3 events. A fairly easy task, even if you are just using free energy.

What is your Global AP score to get #250? How much VP do you have to gain, on average, to get a top 10 in the next 3 League tournaments?
    iPhone 4, usually.

That assumes that they play for the same weapon, which they do not. My experience with Silver League is limited, but in Gold League, the have never played for the same weapon twice and they have never played for a weapon for which parts have been offered in a Global Event. And by the time that they offer it in the Silver League. it is no longer a great weapon.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'm in my 6th silver league now, every one has been to play for parts of the 2nd best weapon from the previous global event. Last week I was able to pick up the Mercury just from parts in the league with none earned from the global event.
    David T wrote: »
    What is your Global AP score to get #250? How much VP do you have to gain, on average, to get a top 10 in the next 3 League tournaments?

I think I was around 6k maybe? To be honest I don't know exatcly. I just watch my ranking after each match, I pay no attention to my score.

As for the VP for the leagues, it really depends on how zealous everyone else is. I have won in the past with 120, and other times (and more commonly) usually have to break 200 VP to win. I Placed 1st in the league that just ended so now I just need top 10 for this one or top 20 for next 2. I would say 100+ will get you into or close to top 10.

Something else that works for me is I work nights so I am awake when the tourny ends at 3am local time. Those last 2 or 3 hours is when people like to make their move (including me). I usually just try to stay in the ball park until the last few hours then just go nuts until I get where I want. Funny story, did that one time and the player who was in first saw it so they started playing too. So with about an hour to go we were both jamming away non stop until the end. I must have just clicked faster because in the last 15 min I was able to sneak ahead by 2 points (1 win). Was the most fun I have had with this game.
    That assumes that they play for the same weapon, which they do not. My experience with Silver League is limited, but in Gold League, the have never played for the same weapon twice and they have never played for a weapon for which parts have been offered in a Global Event. And by the time that they offer it in the Silver League. it is no longer a great weapon.

As Try_Again said we play for the parts of the second best from the global. So you get parts from the global then go to silver league you alrdy have a start on the peices needed. But you are right about gold league, that's why only 1 or 2 of those weapons get made. Which is why I was so angry after I got 9 hells built, the very next global was a heavy weapon and the silver league heavy was better than the gold league I just won.
    try_again wrote: »
    I'm in my 6th silver league now, every one has been to play for parts of the 2nd best weapon from the previous global event. Last week I was able to pick up the Mercury just from parts in the league with none earned from the global event.

This is interesting information and it alters my tournament strategy. IF I have my heart set on the top weapon, I will play my little heart out, if the second gun works for me I will play for a top 90 spot and play Silver league the next week to pick up the remaining parts. It should be possible to do this with little or no outlay of cash. Given this pattern, it makes no sense to try for a top 30 finish, since you can complete the weapon for free in the Silver League.

If staying in the top 90 would take you above 8500 points, it is probably better to drop down a tier to the Top 250, rather than achieve Gold League status. Very strange!
    This is interesting information and it alters my tournament strategy. IF I have my heart set on the top weapon, I will play my little heart out, if the second gun works for me I will play for a top 90 spot and play Silver league the next week to pick up the remaining parts. It should be possible to do this with little or no outlay of cash. Given this pattern, it makes no sense to try for a top 30 finish, since you can complete the weapon for free in the Silver League.

Precisely!!
    Precisely!!

Thanks for the tip!
    @Captianmidnite - Since it takes about 10 hours/day of paying attention to the game every hour, winning 3/hour, without losing, to gain 3000 AP for free; I'm assuming you use about 800 gold for additional energy to get the 6000 AP for the 4 day Global Event and maybe 400+ gold x3 to get #1 for the League events? So it's better to just spend the 1200 gold in the League Events to get the 50 weapon parts versus spending 800 gold in the global event and another 800 gold in League play to gather the rest of the parts? 1200 gold versus 1600 gold, that makes sense.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts

If staying in the top 90 would take you above 8500 points, it is probably better to drop down a tier to the Top 250, rather than achieve Gold League status. Very strange!

Bradr, I was finished last weekend in 86 with only 5,600 AP then I went for Silver League and just only first day to hunt for the rest of parts of Eclipse Tesla. Very easy task than Gold League.
    But I think next week Gold League should be more fun with new Heavy Gun, Styx.
    Bradr, I was finished last weekend in 86 with only 5,600 AP then I went for Silver League and just only first day to hunt for the rest of parts of Eclipse Tesla. Very easy task than Gold League.
    But I think next week Gold League should be more fun with new Heavy Gun, Styx.

The Styx looks like a beast and I assume that they are lining up to use it next week in the Gold League. Competition is bound to be particularly heavy if they do. I hope that I stick to my word and avoid the competition, but the Styx is mighty tempting.

My theory is that they will save the Styx for another week. The Neptune was on the craft list for over a week before it was offered to the Gold League.
    @Captianmidnite - Since it takes about 10 hours/day of paying attention to the game every hour, winning 3/hour, without losing, to gain 3000 AP for free; I'm assuming you use about 800 gold for additional energy to get the 6000 AP for the 4 day Global Event and maybe 400+ gold x3 to get #1 for the League events? So it's better to just spend the 1200 gold in the League Events to get the 50 weapon parts versus spending 800 gold in the global event and another 800 gold in League play to gather the rest of the parts? 1200 gold versus 1600 gold, that makes sense.

Well to get this weapon I will have used 1200 gold through both global and silver. After a 250 finish, I won the first silver league so now I just need 10 more. I plan on just finishing 7-10 place spot for the parts I need, don't want to grab parts someone else can use. So the third league event I can just chill. I know it was 1200 because it was my whole pot. I used a majority of it for the global, maybe 8 or 10 full energy for the first silver league. I have used 3 or 4 this league, but just to stay close to where I need to be.

If you do well in the global it makes the league events a lot easier and cheaper. As I just stated and have before, a top 250 finish means you only need 30 more peices over the next 3 silver league events. Don't need to win any of them, just finish 7-10 place rank and you will complete your weapon. I try to win the first league event simply because I am a competitive person. So I am most definitely not spending 400+ gold each silver league event.

Edit: my numbers may be off on how much full energy I used and when, I don't really pay attention but the gold amount is accurate.
    The Styx looks like a beast and I assume that they are lining up to use it next week in the Gold League. Competition is bound to be particularly heavy if they do. I hope that I stick to my word and avoid the competition, but the Styx is mighty tempting.

My theory is that they will save the Styx for another week. The Neptune was on the craft list for over a week before it was offered to the Gold League.

The Global Event has a pattern emerging - assault, heavy, tesla, sniper. I think that's the order. Obviously the Silver League has the same pattern. I've heard the Bronze league had a weapon according to someone, I've never seen one offered though, only drones. Is there a pattern in the Gold League that you've seen?

It sure would be nice to plan for these things, not that I'm really ready for the commitment of the gold event.
    Well to get this weapon I will have used 1200 gold through both global and silver.
    But what about the 50 gold milestones? It seems like if you intend to complete the 2nd tier Silver weapon, then it would make more sense to do the 2500 AP in Global, skip getting to 4K AP for the 50 gold milestone; unless you have the time to do it for free. And then spend no more than 1200 gold on energy to win the League tournaments, while getting rewarded 150 gold back for the three 50 gold milestones. That's 4 days casually playing Global and only 3 days winning League tournaments, while spending less net gold and you get your weekend back!; I like that tactic.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts

On android system (of google play, not amazon), I roughly need about 7k of global AP to be top 90 , depending on the prize of that week. The week of heavy or telsa brings about keen competition.

To be top 10 in the next 3 silver league event, I usually need about 110-130 VP. The first day of league event is usually more intense than the last day, maybe the reason is some players have completed the crafting.
    But what about the 50 gold milestones? It seems like if you intend to complete the 2nd tier Silver weapon, then it would make more sense to do the 2500 AP in Global, skip getting to 4K AP for the 50 gold milestone; unless you have the time to do it for free. And then spend no more than 1200 gold on energy to win the League tournaments, while getting rewarded 150 gold back for the three 50 gold milestones. That's 4 days casually playing Global and only 3 days winning League tournaments, while spending less net gold and you get your weekend back!; I like that tactic.

Great tactic! But the risk is that you never know whom you'll be confront in silver league.
    Sometimes those 30 players all act like lamb, and sometimes you are placed in a group of wolves, so winning a silver league event is not always a easy task. I've chased for top 3 in the last hour of a silver league event, the gap was 20 VP, despite I spent everything and quickly completed 35 matches(earned 70 VP) in one hour, the gap still remained 12 VP.
    My general tactic is to be top 90 in global(35 parts) , and be top 20 in next 3 silver league event(5 parts per day), if I have more free time during the weekend.
    Another tactic is to be top 250 in global(20 parts), and be top 10 in next 3 silver league evnet(10 parts per day), if I have less work during Mon to Wed.
    My tactic is very easy, try to stay in Top 90 then entering into Silver League. I play only first day to be in Top 3 in Silver League and craft the weapon. Don't care for the second and third day.
    My tactic is very easy, try to stay in Top 90 then entering into Silver League. I play only first day to be in Top 3 in Silver League and craft the weapon. Don't care for the second and third day.
    There are definitely a few 'easier' routes to competing for the Silver League weapons, but when you add in the 'how can I spend the least amount of gold' factory, it becomes a bit more tricky. IMO.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Dr.MeDr.Me Registered Users 19 Posts
    Disclaimer!! this is using the android app from the Amazon app store. There must be a big difference in the league totals depending on where the app is from?

I place in the top 90 in the Global Event. This gives me 35 parts. I usually need only the next days League Event to collect the other 15. I have received the second best weapon in all the events I have played in and have never spent gold on them. This only requires getting/staying in the game and using your free energy when it becomes available. I have NEVER amassed 4,000 AP in any event. I think I am usually around 2600.

If you do the math and you play every possible free energy you can get you can conceivable earn well over 9000 points. Who needs to sleep Thursday through Sunday anyway. If you only used 3 energies an hour for 8 hours a day over 4 days you still would amass 2400 AP. Can you tell I like math?

This is all assuming you don't lose. Spend a few diamond to find easy players as needed.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Dr.Me wrote: »
    Disclaimer!! this is using the android app from the Amazon app store. There must be a big difference in the league totals depending on where the app is from?

I place in the top 90 in the Global Event. This gives me 35 parts. I usually need only the next days League Event to collect the other 15. I have received the second best weapon in all the events I have played in and have never spent gold on them. This only requires getting/staying in the game and using your free energy when it becomes available. I have NEVER amassed 4,000 AP in any event. I think I am usually around 2600.

If you do the math and you play every possible free energy you can get you can conceivable earn well over 9000 points. Who needs to sleep Thursday through Sunday anyway. If you only used 3 energies an hour for 8 hours a day over 4 days you still would amass 2400 AP. Can you tell I like math?

This is all assuming you don't lose. Spend a few diamond to find easy players as needed.

In the iOS group, playing/using the 3 energy an hour for 8 hours over 4 days during a Global Event is not enough to land you in the top 90. Depending on the prize, sometimes playing just all the free energy you get all through the Global Event - i.e. 24 hours for 4 days - is not enough to land you in the top 90. Assuming you don't lose, you would end up with 7110 AP.
    Dr.Me wrote: »

As an experiment I am playing on my iPad and on my Kindle this weekend. Right now on iOS, 10th place has 3785 points, on Amazon 10th place has 1660 points. 30th place on IOS has 2410 points, on Amazon 30th has 1232 points. I have been playing only free energy credits and have 1535 points on IOS which puts me in 222 place with 65 wins and no losses. On Amazon I have 893 credits (I am seriously undergunned on this platform and have lost 6 times and had to start over) and I am in 64th place. Amazon is way less competitive.
    As an experiment I am playing on my iPad and on my Kindle this weekend. Right now on iOS, 10th place has 3785 points, on Amazon 10th place has 1660 points. 30th place on IOS has 2410 points, on Amazon 30th has 1232 points. I have been playing only free energy credits and have 1535 points on IOS which puts me in 222 place with 65 wins and no losses. On Amazon I have 893 credits (I am seriously undergunned on this platform and have lost 6 times and had to start over) and I am in 64th place. Amazon is way less competitive.

On android system of Google play right now(63 hours left), 1st place has 10K, 10th has 5.1K, 30th has 3.3K.
    kuojunhon wrote: »
    On android system of Google play right now(63 hours left), 1st place has 10K, 10th has 5.1K, 30th has 3.3K.

I thought that the competition on the IOS platform was brutal, but Google looks worse.
    Good to see the AP score comparisons and it would be interesting to know the final tallies for all of the platforms.

Obviously players compete much more based on the type of weapons rewarded.

Based on a few pieces of info from the forum it seemed like the Android/iOS markets competing for a Tesla were in the 40K+ AP for #1, 12K+ AP for #30; Heavy 30K+/10K+; Assault 25K+/10K+; Sniper 20K+/8.5K+.

Thanks again for the numbers; it's always nice to see what 'the other platforms' are up to. Cheers!

PS: I still find the swearing filter of the forum hilariously finicky; "S c r a p s", as in "s****s of info.."
    iPhone 4, usually.
    So, the top 10 prize is the Trocar. If you go to the shop you can purchase the Scapel Elite for 480 gold. It has the exact same stats as the top prize in this weeks global event.
    So, the top 10 prize is the Trocar. If you go to the shop you can purchase the Scapel Elite for 480 gold. It has the exact same stats as the top prize in this weeks global event.

That's true, but I think players who play this weekend event would like to entering into Gold League for hunt The Styx next week than obtain Trocar, just my 2 cent.
    Ah ok, forgot about that
  • Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    That's true, but I think players who play this weekend event would like to entering into Gold League for hunt The Styx next week than obtain Trocar, just my 2 cent.

True but mark my words,next week will be a heavy gun that is for Silver league that will be rated higher than the Styx.
    Remember the heavy weapon a few weeks ago for gold league the hells gun?It was rated 9.0 so the Styx is rated
    10.0 after this week silver league will play for a 10.5 heavy.
    The silver league always plays for the secondary weapon offered in the global event the week before. It's never strayed from that rule.

But yes, these weapons are increasing in power at much too fast a rate.