NEW PLAYERS: Things to know about the commitment this game requires.

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Contract Killer: Sniper more accurately described as "Kill, Steal, & Destroy!"

#1 - Do I need a dedicated device and be signed on to the game 24/7?
Yes, if you don't use gold constantly.

#2 - Can I keep up with the game for free?
Yes, but you will spend over 100 hours a week focusing on progressing in the game the most efficient way and without making mistakes.

Time & Real World Money - Obviously purchasing gold game currency, with real world money, is a bit of a gamble because you don't really 'own' anything with it and collecting game cash/diamonds takes a lot more of your time. This game takes a lot of time and using gold reduces the time, which creates the very strange dynamic of paying real money to play the game faster/easier, therefore less time playing, and most importantly, when you want to play. I understand the importance of getting to play the game when you want, without losing your progress, and wanting the opportunity to play all of the game content, but everyone knows in-game cash/diamonds doesn't get you there.

Without using gold, you have to choose between trying to keep up with the game and being competitive in PVP (Player versus Player) or waiting to earn gold so you can play the game (campaign sections) in the programmed natural flow of progression.

For access to all of the game content and/or to simply keep up, you have to earn or buy gold. If you want to play for free and sleep 8 hours a day, you will have to pay attention to this game every moment you're awake. Only using gold earned by playing PVP is a far stretch from reasonable expectations for players. 4000 AP (Assassin Points) for the Global Event's reward of 50 gold means you're paying hourly attention to the game for 13.5 hours a day for 4 days in a row, while winning 3 times every hour and not losing a match. 100 VP (Victory Points) for the League Event's reward of 50 gold, in free-play terms, is almost 17 hours a day.105 hours paying hourly attention to the game per week; that's about 62% of your total time in a week.

Unless there is a constant supply of new players, this game essentially stops due to the lack of variety.

Reminders for people already playing:

7110 AP is the highest possible score you can attain in a Global Event without using additional energy.

Silver League (2500 AP) will take roughly 33 hours of your attention in a 4 day span.
iPhone 4, usually.
Prev1

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Superb post! Thanks for your contributions to this forum.

BTW, I only managed to get 5185 free points last weekend. It would be interesting to see how close to 7110 someone could get and still have a life.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Bradr did you make the top 90? Nice score for free!! Also agree great post David!
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Superb post! Thanks for your contributions to this forum.

BTW, I only managed to get 5185 free points last weekend. It would be interesting to see how close to 7110 someone could get and still have a life.

+1

As to having a life playing at least once every hour, 24 hours/day for 4 days without a loss, sounds dangerous to your health, both physically and mentally. Also, not good if you get noticed at work doing this, or trying to have an active relationship.

I do enjoy the adrenalin rush PVP's can give you, but the constant demand for playing by diamonds is a bit much to say the least.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    This is a great post, David. Hopefully new players will see and read this before jumping in - so do speak. That way they know what they're getting into.
    try_again wrote: »
    As to having a life playing at least once every hour, 24 hours/day for 4 days without a loss, sounds dangerous to your health, both physically and mentally. Also, not good if you get noticed at work doing this, or trying to have an active relationship.

I do enjoy the adrenalin rush PVP's can give you, but the constant demand for playing by diamonds is a bit much to say the least.

That's why other players opt to use "real" money to buy gold and use the use to buy weapons and also to update their weapons/bases.

However, not everybody is on the same situation. Not everyone has the luxury of having the extra money to spend.

Like myself, my "petty cash" has a zero balance for a long, long time.
    Bradr did you make the top 90? Nice score for free!! Also agree great post David!

I actually spent some gold as well, I wanted to see what it would cost to get into the Gold League if you used as much free energy as you could. I finish with a total score of 8560, and I spent 850 in Gold ( I received a 50 Gold Mileage credit. (I actually used up 32 Medkits as part of that total.) This meant that I actually spent about $40 to qualify for the Gold League. I don't think I can do that for much less.

Since the Gold League competition is really tough (I have never managed to craft a weapon in the Gold League.) it is not worth the effort and expense to qualify, and I don't intend to repeat the experiment. As I have posted elsewhere, I am done with the League competitions until Glu offers a second chance to complete weapon, and will only work at the Global Events if it is a weapon that I really need/want. On those occasions, I will do my best to be in the Top 30 (or the top 10). The rest of the time, it is all about not spending Gold.

I don't see any point in accumulating parts to weapons that can never be completed. As I have said several times on this forum: If you win a weapon, you have a weapon; if you win parts you got nothin'.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite Registered Users 42 Posts
    I actually spent some gold as well, I wanted to see what it would cost to get into the Gold League if you used as much free energy as you could. I finish with a total score of 8560, and I spent 850 in Gold ( I received a 50 Gold Mileage credit. (I actually used up 32 Medkits as part of that total.) This meant that I actually spent about $40 to qualify for the Gold League. I don't think I can do that for much less.

Since the Gold League competition is really tough (I have never managed to craft a weapon in the Gold League.) it is not worth the effort and expense to qualify, and I don't intend to repeat the experiment. As I have posted elsewhere, I am done with the League competitions until Glu offers a second chance to complete weapon, and will only work at the Global Events if it is a weapon that I really need/want. On those occasions, I will do my best to be in the Top 30 (or the top 10). The rest of the time, it is all about not spending Gold.

I don't see any point in accumulating parts to weapons that can never be completed. As I have said several times on this forum: If you win a weapon, you have a weapon; if you win parts you got nothin'.

I disagree, anytime I have gotten parts I have been able to finish it. Even the gold league I got into. I think what bugs me the most is that a new weapon has about a 4 week life until an upgrade is available. Doesn't mean the new weapon is a necessity, but it means it is alrdy out dated.

I play for primary weapons of it is a huge upgrade for the purpose of not having to buy one each time new content is released. If I don't care about the weapons on the weekend I don't care what league I get into.

Brad, what's your in game name?
    I disagree, anytime I have gotten parts I have been able to finish it. Even the gold league I got into. I think what bugs me the most is that a new weapon has about a 4 week life until an upgrade is available. Doesn't mean the new weapon is a necessity, but it means it is alrdy out dated.

I play for primary weapons of it is a huge upgrade for the purpose of not having to buy one each time new content is released. If I don't care about the weapons on the weekend I don't care what league I get into.

Brad, what's your in game name?

Game name: Bradr752 Playing ios, currently ranked 3rd All-Time, 44297 VP. What platform do you play on?
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Great post David.

Bradr I saw you play in Gold League many times as we play on iOS but I wonder too which platform whereas Captain play, as he can craft Gold weapon quite easily than us in iOS platform.
    I play on iOS. iPad. And nothing about that gold weapon I crafted was easy. It wore me out actually. And Brad, very nice. I'm a measly 602 lol.

Yeah gold league is a serious time commitment I'm not willing to make again any time soon.

I'll settle for the second best weapons from silver league and just be a minor league star haha.
    Oops, and excellent post David!!
    Game name: Bradr752 Playing ios, currently ranked 3rd All-Time, 44297 VP. What platform do you play on?

That's quite prestigious! Top player on Amazon version is 24410 VP - about half your score.
    That's quite prestigious! Top player on Amazon version is 24410 VP - about half your score.

Top player on IOS is Patrickroillot with 59421 points. When is competing nobody can stay with him, even playing full time 24/7.

One of the things that has been noted previously in the forum is how much harder the competition is on IOS. In the future, when I express my opinion about tournament tactics, I will try to state that I am on IOS, since my opinion about tournament play may not have any application on the Android platform.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    This is Scorpion and I recently Ranked #89 in the Global PVP. It took a good part of my weekend. I think I could of ranked higher, but I had to eat, sleep and pay attention to my nephew who was really getting annoyed at me ** smiles **.

Even finishing #89 required two $19.99 GOLD purchases, winning the 1st Silver League Event, and then cruising for a 2nd place finish in the second Silver League Event. I am now basically poking my head in and out of the 3rd Silver League Event when I get some free time.

I really wanted that new 9.5 Tesla, I guess ... anyways, my next question is what to do once you've attained the highest rated weapons and have completed all open contracts. The only remaining contracts are in the last downloaded, I believe it's called "Kill Zone" ... then what?

Does GOLD league offer any new challenges OR is the only things left to look forward are endless, meaningless, tiring Global PVP Events and a spot on the All-time Leaders Board?

It would be great to see some sort of Leaders Arena-type freestyle event when we all compete against each other for some ultimate reward, but I don't think the present game design can handle something like that.

Good Hunting,

Scorpio
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The only remaining contracts are in the last downloaded, I believe it's called "Kill Zone" ... then what?

Does GOLD league offer any new challenges OR is the only things left to look forward are endless, meaningless, tiring Global PVP Events and a spot on the All-time Leaders Board?

It would be great to see some sort of Leaders Arena-type freestyle event when we all compete against each other for some ultimate reward, but I don't think the present game design can handle something like that.

Good Hunting,

Scorpio
    Kill Zone is the last campaign section, currently, and I think you've already seen all of the variety this game offers. I will say that blowing people off of a cliff is a fun idea, although I wish some of the angles we could see would show them falling down the cliff, or at least hit some of the construction site beams underneath them when falling. Contorted twitching dead soldiers with crates exploding around them is pretty fun though.

I have a theory that is better to not get highest on the All-time leaderboard, if you want to make PVP easier, because the first variable we get matched up with is by our VP scores.

I like the PVP 'play off' tournament idea that you would have to buy in to, like a poker tournament; Where Glu offers a standard prize, but players could raise the pay outs by buying into it.

Happy Hunting...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I have a theory that is better to not get highest on the All-time leaderboard, if you want to make PVP easier, because the first variable we get matched up with is by our VP scores..

I'm not sure if having a lower VP's makes PvP easier. I have been paired up with players with several times more VP's than I do. I have tried looking/finding other opponents and their VP's vary.

Besides playing for a victory, we are also playing for diamonds so we could upgrade our weapons and bases. Instead of hitting "Find New Target" as an only option after the initial "Find Target", how about initially getting 3 or so choices and we could pick which player we want to play against?

Also, how about losing as much diamonds in a failed attack?

I like the PVP 'play off' tournament idea that you would have to buy in to, like a poker tournament; Where Glu offers a standard prize, but players could raise the pay outs by buying into it..

It would be nice if we could play against another player instead of base defense. It would be nice if we, as players, could play more roles in defending our bases.

It's going to be an actual "Player vs Player" match. It means both players have to be online. It would be like... Player A would request for a match with Player B. Then Player B will have the option to whether or not accept the challenge.

I could see it now. I'll wait for him/her to work his/her butt off - going through my base defense and all. But then out of nowhere I'll appear and take him/her out.

LOL....
  • legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    Top player on IOS is Patrickroillot with 59421 points. When is competing nobody can stay with him, even playing full time 24/7.

One of the things that has been noted previously in the forum is how much harder the competition is on IOS. In the future, when I express my opinion about tournament tactics, I will try to state that I am on IOS, since my opinion about tournament play may not have any application on the Android platform.

there are 3 platforms not 2, IOS ,android google play& android amazon
    the competition in android google play is very similar to IOS with 1st player in all time VP points above 50,000 & all time leader board top 6 players above 40,000 & top 20 above 29,000
    the easier one is AMAZON platform but the game is not available in all markets , i tried to install the game from AMAZON app store but couldn't find it
    This is Scorpion and I recently Ranked #89 in the Global PVP. It took a good part of my weekend. I think I could of ranked higher, but I had to eat, sleep and pay attention to my nephew who was really getting annoyed at me ** smiles **.

Even finishing #89 required two $19.99 GOLD purchases, winning the 1st Silver League Event, and then cruising for a 2nd place finish in the second Silver League Event. I am now basically poking my head in and out of the 3rd Silver League Event when I get some free time.

I really wanted that new 9.5 Tesla, I guess ... anyways, my next question is what to do once you've attained the highest rated weapons and have completed all open contracts. The only remaining contracts are in the last downloaded, I believe it's called "Kill Zone" ... then what?

Good Hunting,

Scorpio

Scorpio, i like your suggestion.
    GLU admin promised new update soon ,which might have new campaign& new cycle of new weapons in global events heavy/assault/Tesla/sniper and most probably new tier base update 10
    how many AP points achieved to get rank #89 & on which platform?
    I rarely remember the actual AP points but I believe it was somewhere between 5,500 and 6,000. I have been using a Google Nexus 7 running Android. I want to move to a better gaming tablet, but from what I've read so far indicates I may "lose" something if I do.

I've noticed that Achievements are saved on Google Play, but I'm not sure about weapons. Does anyone know if restoring the game from a Nandroid backup will get everything back?

Thanks,

Scorpion
    I've actually blown enemies off a high rise construction site with my assault rifle. I have to admit ... it was cool looking at him take flight !!!
    legend_a wrote: »
    Scorpio, i like your suggestion.
    GLU admin promised new update soon ,which might have new campaign& new cycle of new weapons in global events heavy/assault/Tesla/sniper and most probably new tier base update 10
    how many AP points achieved to get rank #89 & on which platform?

I gave an estimate in another previous post. BTW is there anyway to check out previous PVP results?
    I gave an estimate in another previous post. BTW is there anyway to check out previous PVP results?

only battle log(for all your attacks\defenses) in last 2 weeks is available under social tab but no log for your global event results
    BTW is there anyway to check out previous PVP results?
    Not through the game, but you could always post the results on the forum to reference. I'm sure others would appreciate that and they might actually help to keep it up to date if you started it.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    I rarely remember the actual AP points but I believe it was somewhere between 5,500 and 6,000. I have been using a Google Nexus 7 running Android. I want to move to a better gaming tablet, but from what I've read so far indicates I may "lose" something if I do.

I've noticed that Achievements are saved on Google Play, but I'm not sure about weapons. Does anyone know if restoring the game from a Nandroid backup will get everything back?

Thanks,

Scorpion

This week I have some numbers I wanted to share with 57 minutes left in the Global PVP Event:

--> My Rank - #42
    --> AP - 7,004
    --> GOLD Spent - about 1,000 bars
    --> Rank 30's AP Total - 9,024
    --> Rank #1's AP Total - 17,835

Clearly earning enough APs to at least make the GOLD League is an important milestone to even think about Top 30 Prizes.

How anyone could collect 20,000 APs in a single event is a real mystery to me as I cannot even fathom playing for twice the amount if time I played this week. Admittedly I took some time out to bet American Pharoah in the Kentucky Derby and later watched a championship fight on PPV, but spending every waking moment playing a video game is definitely above my pay grade ** SMILES **

Good Hunting !!!

Scorpion

Thanks,

Scorpion

Here is my update on my playing both the Amazon and IOS platforms on the Global Event last weekend:

IOS: Top score was 14225, Number 10 was 12617, Number 30 had 9180 points. I played only free energy and finished with 4860 points, 198 win streak, finished 183rd which netted me 20 parts for the Trepan.

Amazon: Top Score: 9465, Number 10: 5560, Number 30: 4485 points. I finished with 5190 points in 16th place, which won me the Trepan Sniper Rifle. I was forced to spend some Gold in this one, since I was seriously undergunned at the beginning and had to upgrade.

As you can see Amazon is way less competiive. there are only 6 players in my Silver League competion and everybody should be able to complete the Trepan, as opposed to 30 players in IOS.
    Here is my update on my playing both the Amazon and IOS platforms on the Global Event last weekend:

IOS: Top score was 14225, Number 10 was 12617, Number 30 had 9180 points. I played only free energy and finished with 4860 points, 198 win streak, finished 183rd which netted me 20 parts for the Trepan.

Amazon: Top Score: 9465, Number 10: 5560, Number 30: 4485 points. I finished with 5190 points in 16th place, which won me the Trepan Sniper Rifle. I was forced to spend some Gold in this one, since I was seriously undergunned at the beginning and had to upgrade.

As you can see Amazon is way less competiive. there are only 6 players in my Silver League competion and everybody should be able to complete the Trepan, as opposed to 30 players in IOS.

What I find interesting is that Glu hosts these PvP matches. I would have thought that the competition would truly be "Global" regardless of the player's platform ... Hmmm ... Scorpion

Thank you for the numbers and please, Get Some Sleep! I know 4680 AP for free is a lesson in sleep deprivation tolerance; over 16 hours of hourly play per day! Whew! You are a trooper.
    iPhone 4, usually.
    Just to prove how easy Amazon version is, I got 6 hours sleep each night, and even hanging up the game last night 6 hours before it was over and I was in in 7th place, I still finished the event and won the Trocar. Not one gold bar spent, just play once an hour for 5 minutes, and done.

I really expected the west coast to cruise past me and send me out of the top 10 (they had done that each night of the event except last one). Plus I had no desire to spend a dime on a sniper knowing in 4 weeks there will be a 10x sniper to tempt everyone.

Now I have a full compliment of 9.5x weapons including two heavies and a tesla. Back at work now, so won't be able to continue this easy winning streak.
    Thank you for the numbers and please, Get Some Sleep! I know 4680 AP for free is a lesson in sleep deprivation tolerance; over 16 hours staying awake per day! Whew! You are a trooper.

Yeah, I have got to get a life. Anybody know whether or not the Gold League is playing for the Styx?
    Just to prove how easy Amazon version is, I got 6 hours sleep each night, and even hanging up the game last night 6 hours before it was over and I was in in 7th place, I still finished the event and won the Trocar. Not one gold bar spent, just play once an hour for 5 minutes, and done.

I really expected the west coast to cruise past me and send me out of the top 10 (they had done that each night of the event except last one). Plus I had no desire to spend a dime on a sniper knowing in 4 weeks there will be a 10x sniper to tempt everyone.

Now I have a full compliment of 9.5x weapons including two heavies and a tesla. Back at work now, so won't be able to continue this easy winning streak.

I've definitely noted some of the number crunching (much appreciated ... thx) some players have posted ... so my understanding is pretty basic from what I've observed. Global PvP lasts for 4 days (96 hours) and this is the first obstacle to overcome. Let's use some shortcuts, for example 96 x 3 x 25 = 7,200 APs therefore it's impossible to achieve GOLD league without buying GOLD. Anyone who has is either cheating or invented a time machine. BTW they don't call it the GOLD League for nothing :-)

Next obstacle, how do we break through the 96 hour barrier without dropping dead from exhaustion or malnutrition or alienating our friends and family? Again ... we must buy GOLD (or better put buy more matches per hour). The key here is to strike a balance between time and expense.

It's important to first get a top rated heavy and tesla. This all but guarantees you won't lose many matches, although I'll decide to use nothing but my sniper or assault just for fun and challenge but you better have a good weapon !!!

Why do we fight?

Because it's human nature and it's FUN to win a fight ... but that fight must be a challenge to be gratifying or what's the point right? If it's too easy you're left asking yourself *** am I doing here?

That's my two cents, or rather 1,000 bars of GOLD ** SMILES **

Again ...

Good Hunting,

Scorpion

PS I'm still hoping, against all odds, that true PvP Arena style events are forthcoming ... now that's what I'd call a challenge.
    Yeah, I have got to get a life. Anybody know whether or not the Gold League is playing for the Styx?

I was wondering the same thing