Am I connected to the game server? How do I know?

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
A significant change I've noticed is that the game stopped giving us disconnect errors, while visually it seems like we are still signed on and connected to the game server. Until you try to connect to a game function that requires you to be connected to the server; then you will see that the game function either doesn't work or the game auto-restarts, IF you were not connected to the server. It's tough to say how long of an internet hiccup the GLU server can handle before it 'hangs up' on you.

That means that once you're matched up to an opponent your local device isn't dependent on being connected to the game server (or internet) to finish the match, but you won't receive the safe reward if you lost your server connection. That could explain why people are still getting attacked while supposedly signed on or attacking another player and the auto-restarts when you're supposed to collect your rewards at the end of the match. That also includes trying to collect rewards for watching videos. The only exception I've found is explaining why the directional arrows disappear occasionally which doesn't seem to be a possible 'connectivity issue'.

HANDLES, can you confirm if this is correct? And if it is, do you know the maximum amount of time we can lose our internet connection before we are required to restart the game?
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    A month later, and it looks like people are still having this issue. Not that this didn't happen before March, but that was the last time I asked the question.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    A significant change I've noticed is that the game stopped giving us disconnect errors, while visually it seems like we are still signed on and connected to the game server. Until you try to connect to a game function that requires you to be connected to the server; then you will see that the game function either doesn't work or the game auto-restarts, IF you were not connected to the server. It's tough to say how long of an internet hiccup the GLU server can handle before it 'hangs up' on you.

That means that once you're matched up to an opponent your local device isn't dependent on being connected to the game server (or internet) to finish the match, but you won't receive the safe reward if you lost your server connection. That could explain why people are still getting attacked while supposedly signed on or attacking another player and the auto-restarts when you're supposed to collect your rewards at the end of the match. That also includes trying to collect rewards for watching videos. The only exception I've found is explaining why the directional arrows disappear occasionally which doesn't seem to be a possible 'connectivity issue'.

HANDLES, can you confirm if this is correct? And if it is, do you know the maximum amount of time we can lose our internet connection before we are required to restart the game?

I can confirm that if you are attacked while you are "online" it is because you had lost connectivity to the game server which allowed your to turn up on the PvP matching system.

I do not know the maximum amount of time of lost connection that is allowed before a game start is required.