PVP player matching request (revisited) - Again.

David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
Originally posted on 12/22/2014

HANDLES - Algorithm for PVP player matching request (revisited).

Currently it seems like we are matched up in PVP by our "Victory Points" total versus our attacking/defense stats.

2880 defenses are becoming more common and those players usually only play the game for PVP Tournaments. Monday-Wed PVP match ups are inundated with the 2880 defense players.

Example of what I just tried in PVP:
125 diamonds (2880 defense), 250 (2880), 375 (2280), 500 (2880), 620 (895) for a whopping 91 diamond reward. So you spend 1870 diamonds for a chance to win diamonds from someone that has a 1440 defense or less. I realize this is only one example, but this is a very typical example of what happens consistently.

Suggestion: Whatever the Victory Points are, we shouldn't be matched up with a player that has more than 150% defense to our attacking power. The majority of players use additional equipment to beat a defense with the same attacking power they have.

I see GLU is trying different pricing strategies for their games, but most people's first impression of GLU starts off with the free version. Just something to think about.
iPhone 4, usually.

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Will a real live version of Player versus Player (PVP) become available?
    Originally posted on 3/15/2015

After competing in a single PVP tournament and achieving 4000AP (minimum of 164 matches) to receive 50 gold, you get the majority of available variety of defenses. In other words, there isn’t any new game content to play.

The variety of options in playing the game is what players are most interested in and the way we play offers the most possible variety, not a programmed set of variables. So is there a way for us to actually compete against each other in real time, that isn’t predetermined?

I want to play against other player decisions versus figuring out how to memorize the most efficient way to beat the computer.

If you agree, please reply to this thread or use the "Rate This Thread" option (Right of the thread title.)

Thank you.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • VianeViane Registered Users 2 Posts
    I second it!
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I'm all for it.

I wish Glu would come up with a way to make this happen. It would be great!
  • legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Will a real live version of Player versus Player (PVP) become available?
    Originally posted on 3/15/2015

After competing in a single PVP tournament and achieving 4000AP (minimum of 164 matches) to receive 50 gold, you get the majority of available variety of defenses. In other words, there isn’t any new game content to play.

The variety of options in playing the game is what players are most interested in and the way we play offers the most possible variety, not a programmed set of variables. So is there a way for us to actually compete against each other in real time, that isn’t predetermined?

I want to play against other player decisions versus figuring out how to memorize the most efficient way to beat the computer.

If you agree, please reply to this thread or use the "Rate This Thread" option (Right of the thread title.)

Thank you.

i like the idea , if GLU thinks not applicable, may be they can take part of it like allowing customization to our base ,like choosing our defense strategy, no of soldiers in 1st floor \ no of soldiers in second floor,no of soldiers vs no sentry, dense weapon, allow extra equipment for defense like rockets or grenades , location of drones , allowing taking some diamonds from attacker since we killed him during defense (depending on his amount of diamonds in production or in vault) ,
    things like this might make defense more live & different from player to another
  • saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    i like the idea of real person online pvp
    but logically GLU will not do it cos it means they have to write the entire software code afresh..almost like making a new game and attaching to this.. they wud probably prefer starting a new game
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    First, you'd have to be pretty well matched up between attack power and player health.

The playing field would probably be 4 to 6 positions with left/right and forward/retreat movement per player.

Whoever moves first, would be very vulnerable to being hit since you can't shoot and move simultaneously.

Teslas would be quite unfair in play, heavies may be ok.

I think the first point would be the most difficult to overcome since the current poorly matched PVPs can require quite a few find opponent clicks before one is found. I assume both players click a find online opponent button, and then wait for matchup?

I'm sure all these points could be addressed with the current game style.

A question for non-Amazon guys, does the social item with the "Game Center" (recalling from memory) where you send a friend request have some kind of retaliation method? Since the list starts with the number 1 player, I tested a friend request to #3 bradr752 to test - on iOS. I have a guest account and of very low ranking, and to find someone in my range, I'd have to hit the next button for several hours to page down to that level. Can't find any description of this third tab in the Social area.