why don't y'all do something about all the foul or can you not control your own game

about sick and tired of people calling me ***** and telling me to go to hell and a lot of other obscene gestures what are you going to do about it this is the third time I have tried to contact someone about this problem seems to me like you don't care or you can stop at 1 contact me back I have try to get a response but that hasn't happened either
Dirttracker 64

Comments

• NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I believe you're talking about the messages other players leave you after a successful attack. Or should we say a failed defense on your part.

You should go through the forum/thread. This issue have been brought up before and it had been answered.

Anyway, go to settings and turn off the bragging option. Then restart your app/game. Nobody should be able to leave any messages to you after a successful attack. On the other hand, you won't be able to leave any messages to anyone either.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    about sick and tired of people calling me ***** and telling me to go to hell and a lot of other obscene gestures what are you going to do about it this is the third time I have tried to contact someone about this problem seems to me like you don't care or you can stop at 1 contact me back I have try to get a response but that hasn't happened either
    I agree, i am tired of the vulgarity from people as well, esp when kids play this too. There is no need 4 it. if the person that left the post that this has been brought up b4, knows Glus response, if they did respond, i wud love 2 hear it.
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Registered Users 52 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    I agree, i am tired of the vulgarity from people as well, esp when kids play this too. There is no need 4 it. if the person that left the post that this has been brought up b4, knows Glus response, if they did respond, i wud love 2 hear it.

They could add a trigger type of censor which stars out rude words like c*nt or c**t since it's worked on plenty of other games.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts

Whilst there is no other explanation for profanity, other that a lack of creativity, try to remember it's just a game and like prime time television, you don't have to let your kids play it. One might argue that letting young children play a game named "Contract Killer" might be far more damaging than the language left after a lost base defense.

The competitors don't know you and you don't know them so please don't take it personally (even though the possibility does exist that it could be someone you know that you were competing against ** SMILES **).

You always have a final solution ... if the game or it's participants are really offending you, then don't play ...

... Simple.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I just turn off bragging -- I think that they can still leave a message (and I still get the screen for me to leave a message when I win a PvP), but any messages aren't displayed on my social > battle log screen, so I'm not bothered by whatever somebody posts.

I've seen in other posts that GLU specifically wants "in your face", at least as taunting as the default, "Thanks for the diamonds, sucker" to generate more attack/revenge PvP activity. Allowing you to turn off the bragging setting is probably as much as they'll ever do to address this issue.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I just turn off bragging.
    Exactly.
    I've seen in other posts that GLU specifically wants "in your face", at least as taunting as the default, "Thanks for the diamonds, sucker" to generate more attack/revenge PvP activity. Allowing you to turn off the bragging setting is probably as much as they'll ever do to address this issue.
    I think that if we knew the cumulative diamond net gain we had against individual players, it would spark that "in your face" competitive button; if I just took 14,500 diamonds from someone, but my cumulative score showed -30,546, I would probably search through my social log to see if I could at least break even. Obviously the data would have to be stored somewhere for this to happen and might not be worth adding the feature.; obviously Glu has bigger priorities to focus on, like making sure the game doesn't crash.
    iPhone 4, usually.