Global PvP Rank #42 (Scorpion) and I Still Have a Life

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
This week I have some numbers I wanted to share with 57 minutes left in the Global PVP Event:

--> My Rank - #42
--> AP - 7,004
--> GOLD Spent - about 1,000 bars
--> Rank 30's AP Total - 9,024
--> Rank #1's AP Total - 17,835

Clearly earning enough APs to at least make the GOLD League is an important milestone to even think about Top 30 Prizes.

How anyone could collect 20,000 APs in a single event is a real mystery to me as I cannot even fathom playing for twice the amount if time I played this week. Admittedly I took some time out to bet American Pharoah in the Kentucky Derby and later watched a championship fight on PPV, but spending every waking moment playing a video game is definitely above my pay grade ** SMILES **

Good Hunting !!!

Scorpion

Platform: Google Nexus 7 (Android)
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Thank you for posting the numbers. It looks like you still spent 40+ hours of paying attention to the game, but I'm glad you were able to fit in a winning bet, a few hours of boxing, and a normal amount of sleep.

480 gold = 1 day worth of energy, so that 1000 gold you spent gave you more than 2 days worth of additional energy, which helps a lot with a 4 day deadline.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Thank you for posting the numbers. It looks like you still spent 40+ hours of paying attention to the game, but I'm glad you were able to fit in a winning bet, a few hours of boxing, and a normal amount of sleep.

480 gold = 8 hours worth of energy, so that 1000 gold you spent gave you about 17 hours worth of additional energy, which helps a lot with a 96 hour deadline.

I believe 480 gold = 24 hours of energy. So 1000 gold = 50 hours worth of additional energy.
  • David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    I believe 480 gold = 24 hours of energy. So 1000 gold = 50 hours worth of additional energy.

You're right, whoops, divided by 3 one too many times. :)
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    David T wrote: »

480 gold = 1 day worth of energy, so that 1000 gold you spent gave you more than 2 days worth of additional energy, which helps a lot with a 4 day deadline.

Yes ... your assessment sounds about right since that is what I had to spend to stay in contention. I spent about the same last week and came in #89. I did notice that as you close in on the leaders, they tend to get bunched together and to move up in rank 1 slot usually means passing 10 players ... faster then they can advance, that is. No time to pick and choose your opponent ... just play the 1st one up and fight like hell.

So given my current time constraints, it would be extremely difficult for me to get into the Gold League ... maybe I'll give it an all out attempt as soon as there's something really cool to win. ** SMILES **

Anyways...

Good Hunting !!!

Scorpion

Oh BTW ... it would be really nice if there was a meter telling you how many rounds you fired. Then I could get a better idea what it took to dispatch an enemy (I tend to spend too much time on a target ... every second counts over the long haul). I am learning ...
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    ... maybe I'll give it an all out attempt as soon as there's something really cool to win. ** ...

And how do your predict what will be offered before it starts? By looking at what's new in the Craft area?
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    And how do your predict what will be offered before it starts? By looking at what's new in the Craft area?

Yes ... potential prizes are listed as soon as it starts. I'm on the East coast so the PVP kicks off at 3 AM and usually miss the first few hours.

I am always playing catch up ** SMILES **