Options

Thanks GLU

ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
I'm so glad I spent so much time & gold this past weekend trying get the Bastet rifle all to have it foiled by the new update. While I appreciate the heads up on version 3.0 (see sticky) I would've appreciated it more last Thursday when the tournament started. I had my usual plan in place: finish in the top 500 for the global event, then finish in top 10 in the silver leagues. All was going well till today as there is no silver league. I would've loved to know I had one less day to use. Instead I have 43 parts of a gun I'll never complete. At this point I'm not sure if the frustration is from the lack of communication or the lack of sleep. But this is the second time I've been burned by game changes (server maintenance got me last time) and will no longer be trying as hard to do anything with this game. My time and energy are much better spent elsewhere.

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I think I heard of it on Sunday - saw a quick flash of the notice while I was clearing all of them, then read bits and pieces of it on the forum.

I ended up getting up at 2:45am Tuesday morning (still on the Monday silver league), and in 5th place. Needed 15 parts to complete the weapon. I surprised the guy in 3rd place making a quick move with gold (very unusual to have to do that on Amazon App). He started to respond, but it was too late for him.

In my case, I could have taken the 12 parts, and still completed it on Tuesday. There were only 2 of us in that event - but not knowing when the update, and any complications, I wanted to be safe.
  • Options
    legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    I'm so glad I spent so much time & gold this past weekend trying get the Bastet rifle all to have it foiled by the new update. While I appreciate the heads up on version 3.0 (see sticky) I would've appreciated it more last Thursday when the tournament started. I had my usual plan in place: finish in the top 500 for the global event, then finish in top 10 in the silver leagues. All was going well till today as there is no silver league. I would've loved to know I had one less day to use. Instead I have 43 parts of a gun I'll never complete. At this point I'm not sure if the frustration is from the lack of communication or the lack of sleep. But this is the second time I've been burned by game changes (server maintenance got me last time) and will no longer be trying as hard to do anything with this game. My time and energy are much better spent elsewhere.

GLU continue the frustration, i don 't know why they did not inform us they silver league will not be complete , they said there will be update , but they did not say any thing about changing the silver league plan , this is very inconvenient way to deal with players
  • Options
    FoxofFoxof Registered Users 50 Posts
    legend_a wrote: »
    GLU continue the frustration, i don 't know why they did not inform us they silver league will not be complete , they said there will be update , but they did not say any thing about changing the silver league plan , this is very inconvenient way to deal with players
    Noted, they will send you the new version with a lot of missions.
  • Options
    legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    Foxof wrote: »
    Noted, they will send you the new version with a lot of missions.

the problem is not that i will miss the silver league , the problem is that i did not complete the heavy gun parts because i did not know the league will be one day shorter
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    legend_a wrote: »

I know a heads up would have been nice whether or not silver league tournaments will continue after the update. But before we start sounding off, we should wait until the update is over. There still could be another silver league after the update.
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    I did played only in Bronze League so there is not much trouble for us, but I knew problem with Silver League who would like to craft Bastet. But I also would like to know, does one day shorter has any trouble to Gold League player who hunt for Cachalot Tesla? If it's only two day for Gold League, it will be only one player who can win the Tesla or may be not.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I did played only in Bronze League so there is not much trouble for us, but I knew problem with Silver League who would like to craft Bastet. But I also would like to know, does one day shorter has any trouble to Gold League player who hunt for Cachalot Tesla? If it's only two day for Gold League, it will be only one player who can win the Tesla or may be not.

Gold League play requires three days to craft a weapon, since you start with zero parts. In fact, there are only two ways to craft a weapon in Gold League play: Place first one day (20 parts) and top three the other two days (16 parts each day for a total of 32 parts) for a total of 52 parts, or Place First two days (20 parts each day) and top 10 the third day (10 parts), for a total of 50 point. In a two day tournament the max one could receive would be 40 parts, if you are first both days. Those guys are hosed this week!
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Bradr, you should update now, I would like to join clan with you guy. BTW, drone is getting more cool.

Sorry to hear no one win Gold weapon this week.
  • Options
    mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    yeah - i as well had crafted 40/50 parts for the bronze league - spent quite a bit of gold to come in 1st the 2nd day - about 240 -- and now - no 3rd day???? this is like the other time when the servers went down about 30 mins before the end of the tournament. Why do they pick days when there's the small tournaments? you need to do server maintenance between the small tournament and large events. This is annoying??? so no one gets a 3rd day on the tournament??
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »

I had 45 parts going into, what I thought was, the 3rd Silver League Event (that never was) ... just when you think you have a handle on the rules, maintenance cycles, bugs, glitches, missing diamonds, etc.

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    The last time Glu updated their servers, we still had the league tournaments after it. I could be wrong, but I think we did. I don't know why we are not having it today.

Handles, what gives?? How are we going to complete/craft our weapons now??
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    Why isn't there an option to purchase the remaining parts of the weapons we've collected with gold or diamonds? This seems to be an easy fix. My guess is Glu wants to offer the weapons in the future for their "sale price" of what is essentially a full price. Thanks Glu
  • Options
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    Why isn't there an option to purchase the remaining parts of the weapons we've collected with gold or diamonds? This seems to be an easy fix. My guess is Glu wants to offer the weapons in the future for their "sale price" of what is essentially a full price. Thanks Glu

One reason I could think of why Glu doesn't sell weapon's parts is because:

* People will play sparingly on the Global Event and then even not play at all at any of the league events because they know that they could get the remaining parts in the store.

In a way it is good. This makes the game a little competitive. (I think)