Options

How do Clans work??

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
It looks like being part of a successful clan can can earn some extra gun parts, but other than that, I really don't know much. I'm not a chatty sort, so if it involves a lot of texting or coordinated group battles, I'm not sure that I'm interested.

What are the responsibilities/commitments involved with joining a clan?

Comments

• Options
    Really, no replies?? I see that several folks have viewed the thread. People are creating Clans and I've received a couple invitations, so why can't anybody can tell me what the duty of being a clan member is?
  • Options
    Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    Really, no replies?? I see that several folks have viewed the thread. People are creating Clans and I've received a couple invitations, so why can't anybody can tell me what the duty of being a clan member is?

I wonder too, all members in Clan will get a part equip their drone when the clan win award?
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    All I can guess is, you join the highest ranking clan you can. If it stays high ranking, you'll get some drone parts as well as however high your VP score does in the global event. There's separate prize categories for global and clan events.

Looks like you can join other clans anytime that aren't full, and you meat the qualifications.

No idea if these are pre made up names/qualification criteria, or some player creates?
  • Options
    I'll update this with what I've discovered in the past couple days about how Clans work.

The primary expectation of a clan member is that they fight PvP matches. As an individual, you gain Victory and Assassin points by fighting PvP battles, and it appears that the points each Clan member gains are also gained by the Clan. I don't know if a Clan's points are adjusted when someone leaves, I suspect not, but don't know. Bottom line, if you're winning PvP matches then you're an asset to your clan, and if not, you're a liability because you're filling a slot that could hold an asset.

I doubt that most Clans will be managed as cut-throat as that, but some could be. The Clan I'm in removed at least one member who hadn't fought any PvP battles in almost 2 days after having joined. That's kinda like being absent from a job on your first day. I felt bad for him, but if he's not interested in doing what the Clan needs, then he can play campaigns to his heart's content without taking up a slot. I know that he was disappointed at having been booted because I saw him asking for an invite from another Clan, and I'm unsure whether he even understood what he needed to be doing to be a productive member. I'm posting this in large part so that he and others will understand what's expected.

Campaigns still work like they did in version 2, and at least as far as I know, Clans are nothing more than another layer added to the PvP side of the game.
  • Options
    halabicohalabico Registered Users 14 Posts
    I'll update this with what I've discovered in the past couple days about how Clans work.

The primary expectation of a clan member is that they fight PvP matches. As an individual, you gain Victory and Assassin points by fighting PvP battles, and it appears that the points each Clan member gains are also gained by the Clan. I don't know if a Clan's points are adjusted when someone leaves, I suspect not, but don't know. Bottom line, if you're winning PvP matches then you're an asset to your clan, and if not, you're a liability because you're filling a slot that could hold an asset.

I doubt that most Clans will be managed as cut-throat as that, but some could be. The Clan I'm in removed at least one member who hadn't fought any PvP battles in almost 2 days after having joined. That's kinda like being absent from a job on your first day. I felt bad for him, but if he's not interested in doing what the Clan needs, then he can play campaigns to his heart's content without taking up a slot. I know that he was disappointed at having been booted because I saw him asking for an invite from another Clan, and I'm unsure whether he even understood what he needed to be doing to be a productive member. I'm posting this in large part so that he and others will understand what's expected.

Campaigns still work like they did in version 2, and at least as far as I know, Clans are nothing more than another layer adder to the PvP side of the game.

Thats true, thats why till now i did not join any clan while i already got 3560 vp in global event. If i am gonna join a clan it should be in the top 30 so that we got a chance for next week

All new clans have no chance since most of player did not join a clan till now are new player
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I'm not sure, but I don't care for the prizes and I have enough PvPs to spend diamonds on .....
    ..... now if I get ambushed by a clan, I might pay attention *** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    My prediction for prizes in the clan groups are more modules that we already have way too many clogging up our fuze list.

Even if it was large tier 9 vials which may help a bit, (I've got almost 400 mantas waiting), we'll still have to pay the diamonds to fuze them. Guess what - no deal here whatsoever!

I've come to understand the reasoning for clans, GLU must have consulted human behaviorists/psycologists. I've had to ask myself why am I trying so hard to get an assault weapon? I know I'll be able to make up the parts for it in league play, so why am I pushing myself harder than I normally would?

The answer is that I want to help my team members. We have an active chat area that acts with maturity and mutual support. And in a way, we're trying to impress each other with our skills.

When I think about it like this, it just ticks me off all the more what diabolical minds GLU has to pick our pockets.

Am I just paranoid? Or have I become so demented with this game and its greedy influence.