Options

need help please (Android)

ACE1963ACE1963 Registered Users 3 Posts
Need help with android issue. playing on LG V410, my game closes anytime I try to play campaign mode. The game closes on Kill club levels: Worst intentions (kill the target) & the kill club (kill the target) (making it impossible to reach the new level) both heavy gun & tesla missions. Also closes on heavy gun missions in Brazil, World on Fire & Russia. Game also closes on PVP matches, making it impossible to obtain a significant win streak. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'm always hesitant to suggest this. It works on Google Play and iOS versions - they have backup to the cloud. Amazon has the save data in another location than the program data. You may be able to delete the game. I think it asks you if you want to delete the data with the program, and you'd say no to that question.

Sounds risky, but may be your only choice?
  • Options
    Thanks, its worth a shot... At this point all I can do is play 1 PVP match, close the game, delete my cache, restart again... That's the only way to keep winning streak going... Very frustrating
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Report back your results. This could help others.
  • Options
    I did as you suggested, when the game reloaded I still had my cash and gold, weapons still at the same levels as before . The game shutting down problem still persists however. Not sure if its an android issue or perhaps its just an issue with my particular tablet. I'm thinking of junking this tablet and buying an ipad..... Thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate any help I can get with this.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I've heard that people are having problems when they upgrade from KK (4.4.4 last release) to Lollipop (5.0+). If this is your case AND you're ROOTED AND have a custom recovery installed, I can show you how to "downgrade" and keep your data.

If you're not rooted AND stuck with Android 5.0+ then you've still got a possible solution. You can still downgrade, but you'll loose all app data (i.e requires a factory reset). The good news is that if you've properly setup Google Play App Sync (backup and restore) you should get all your data back as long as you use the same Google account after the reset.

Let me know details ...

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Had some time between energy pits ... anyone contemplating a new Android device? First order of business should be getting root access to your device ... after all it is YOUR device and you should have full access to all of it's features. The reason I say NEW device is because rooting will perform a factory reset which consequently wipes your device of all data and on a new device this shouldn't be too painful.

Just a recommendation :-)
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    .... rooting will perform a factory reset which consequently wipes your device of all data

FYI.

Rooting does not perform a factory reset on your device. You can root your device and still have the factory OS that came with it. Rooting just give you root access.

You can then install a custom ROM/OS - which will then reset your device and wipes all data in the process.
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    FYI.

Rooting does not perform a factory reset on your device. You can root your device and still have the factory OS that came with it. Rooting just give you root access.

You can then install a custom ROM/OS - which will then reset your device and wipes all data in the process.

This is true, but unlocking the bootloader WILL erase everything. Unlike previous versions of Android, with Android 5.0+ the bootloader may need to be unlocked to gain root access as google has all but eliminated these exploits.

If you know a way to root and unlock 5.0 without wiping, please share. I may be a little behind on the "tricks", but to install a Custom Recovery (like TWRP) or ROM requires an unlocked bootloader, if I'm not mistaken.

I think we're both talking apples vs apples since the goal is to install a custom recovery. No matter how we get there, the end result is a wiped device right? *** SMILES ***

I also want to add, for anyone interested, that this is a one time deal. Once you're rooted, you can re-lock and unlock the bootloader whenever the need arises without loosing data (i.e. upgrading to a furure Android 6.0, for example).

SCORPION