Options

Tough PVP and Fake Players

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Have noticed a trend. Just played 8 hours of PVP, and two things are apparent.

Every matchup is either more powerfull Tier 10 short range for typically 3 find targets (don't want to waste med kits here), then finally an equivalent maxed out Tier 9 long range battle.

Winning streak is 27, and seems like the Tier 10's are piling up on me. What's funny is all the names are new and being an Amazon player, I've seen most players more than once, so I can recognize new ones when I see them.

My bet is these are all GLU generated automated accounts. What's nice is they average 8-14K diamonds, so it's not bad to keep hitting the find target to pass up on players I might loose, or at least loose equipment in.

I was able to play a few rounds on the iPad, and my tier 4 base did find a couple equivalents to beat. But there are still unreasonable matchups to be found with unbeatable defenses, and resources for Tier 4 just can't keep up in these battles - no diamond reserves to ballance upgrades with finding multiple targets.

The Fake Accounts will help those complaining about always loosing diamonds, and high end players getting offered too many week oponents with small diamond reserves.

Now, let's see if this trend kills my winning streak... It's like the Tier 10 shorts are spawning!

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »

Every matchup is either more powerfull Tier 10 short range for typically 3 find targets (don't want to waste med kits here), then finally an equivalent maxed out Tier 9 long range battle.

Winning streak is 27, and seems like the Tier 10's are piling up on me. What's funny is all the names are new and being an Amazon player, I've seen most players more than once, so I can recognize new ones when I see them.

My bet is these are all GLU generated automated accounts. What's nice is they average 8-14K diamonds, so it's not bad to keep hitting the find target to pass up on players I might loose, or at least loose equipment in.

I was able to play a few rounds on the iPad, and my tier 4 base did find a couple equivalents to beat. But there are still unreasonable matchups to be found with unbeatable defenses, and resources for Tier 4 just can't keep up in these battles - no diamond reserves to ballance upgrades with finding multiple targets.

The Fake Accounts will help those complaining about always loosing diamonds, and high end players getting offered too many week oponents with small diamond reserves.

Now, let's see if this trend kills my winning streak... It's like the Tier 10 shorts are spawning!

You hit the mail right on the head. I was matched up against a fully upgraded Tier 10 Base with a powerful drone (I believe) and the player had "0" victory points ... Z-E-R-O ... Come on, how is a new player gonna upgrade a base (let alone Tier 10) without scoring a single victory? Where did he get all those diamonds? Is he some rich kid who downloaded a new game by chance and immediately purchased thousands of GOLD bars? Ha

Just beat another one with only 58 victories. I suppose we're supposed to be so occupied with staying alive to notice *** SMILES ***

I also experienced taking a single missile hit from a drone that drained my health from full to about 10% ... good thing I had my thumb on the MedKit icon ... JEEZ

Good Hunting ???

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Yes I have seen the same thing on iOS. Almost all of my matches are tier 10 and have to wait for long range as short range usually requires a med kit to make it through. I would think glu would want us to spend gold faster in pvp play but with these match ups it will take less gold as I really don't see players hitting the super high scores anymore. Could be wrong but time will tell.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I really don't see players hitting the super high scores anymore..

You could be wrong on this one.

In the iOS platform, the high score after day 1 in the Global Event which features an assault rifle - mind you it's not a tesla or a heavy weapon - was over 4000 AP.

Update:

After a day and 6 hours in the Global Event - the top 2 players in the leaderboard has over 7000 AP each.
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    You could be wrong on this one.

In the iOS platform, the high score after day 1 in the Global Event which features an assault rifle - mind you it's not a tesla or a heavy weapon - was over 4000 AP.

Update:

After a day and 6 hours in the Global Event - the top 2 players in the leaderboard has over 7000 AP each.

Yes ... on Google Android the leaders are where they usually are. Rank 30 is usually double my AP total and the top two Ranks are now closing in on 10,000. I swear, I don't know what these guys eat in the morning, but I want some.

I get the impression sometimes, that there is a grudge match going on between the top players and we're all just going along for a ride *** SMILES ***

I once chose a match against a 40,000+ victory points player just to see how I would stand up against him ... Gone In 20 Seconds ... I didn't stand a chance :-( Sort of humbling ...

SCORPION
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Average pvp take 10k diamonds much better than previous 1.1k
    ( + )
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    PVP should be a volunteered option if you have diamonds to sacrifice freely.
    But if your trying at lev 19 to get 1 weapon upgrade from 264 to 272, in Asia Region,
    and loose any gain to get 1900 necessary to get upgrade, then forced to do revenge,
    is just insane at this level.

Perhaps the worst option to get Friends. Strange agenda.
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Agree with the PVP opt in option. I like the game but not the PVP. How about it GLU? Can we get out?
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Dboss1000Dboss1000 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I cannot get a pvp match less than my weapon power of 46k. Many are higher. Something is really wrong with the new update and the supposed better pvp matches. The only way to play is to spend gold for extras. So I do not play. How about you?
  • Options
    I think it's tied to Base level vs Base level. I have a 46.08K base and every base I was offered is either a 69.12 base short with drone or not, or a 49.9 long with no drone. Now, it's slowly crept up to more 69.12 targets, and then a 53k long target.

I'm getting the feeling these are GENERATED opponents based on my win streak! The difficulty is slowly jacked up until you finally get taken out - but then, stays at that elevated rate. Haven't seen anything lower than 51K!

At least payout is so much better now - which also proves with no more "opponent not found" errors, that these targets are FAKE. I still see occasional lower payouts from actual players, so, stealing is still going on obviously. But nothing below my base power.
  • Options
    Definitely related to Base Level. I've seen nothing but Tier 10s and all rated at or above my Base Level. I agree with the payout also, it takes some of the sting out of having to "Find Next", something I rarely did BEFORE the upgrade.

Anyway ... start of Day #3 and I've secured my customary Silver League placement, with a match ending Sniper rifle shot right between the eyes. There may be hope for me yet !!!

*** SMILES ***

Good Hunting !!!

SCORPION
  • Options
    legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts
    try_again wrote: »

i agree about fake players issue , i see it as a good thing, that GLU did to give more equivalent opponents with good amount of diamonds , but the problem is some of them have max drone 369 K i can not believe they are real players with such low VP points and max the drone , if they are really fake , then why Glu put unrealistic players like this? , we have to skip them ofciurse as they can kill any player with one missile
  • Options
    legend_a wrote: »
    i agree about fake players issue , i see it as a good thing, that GLU did to give more equivalent opponents with good amount of diamonds , but the problem is some of them have max drone 369 K i can not believe they are real players with such low VP points and max the drone , if they are really fake , then why Glu put unrealistic players like this? , we have to skip them ofciurse as they can kill any player with one missile

Talking about drones ... is there any benefit, one way or the other, to using "old" drones parts vs the "new" drones parts. I am accumulating the new ones at an alarming rate and each and every part is listed as opposed to 123 x part 1, 299 x part #2, etc. etc. etc. This is making it all but impossible to scroll through this ever lengthening list of parts. I am afraid if this continues it will "kill" my device. One more PvP Event and I may not even be able to access the feature as it now takes a couple of minutes to populate.

Anyone else having this issue?

Good Hunting !!!

SCORPION
  • Options
    Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    To me, all this, what that tells me is that the direction of this business, has yielded to the pressure of those who have hacked game.
    Of course I realized players are the same and neither floor of a defense than me at 30 000 points. They are committing many injustices with customers ... because no matter how little they pay ; We are the ones who keep this business afloat.
    Giving the face and answer once !!!
  • Options
    Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    And above all , do not conform to bug you with these things ; steal the points accumulated by blocking the attack , having to restart the game.
    This is incredible , has already happened to me 3 times today.
    All this is very disappointing. Until when will this be ???
  • Options
    Well Glu is publicly traded over the counter and are beholden to their share holders. Maybe I'll buy a stake in Glu and get some satisfaction. *** SMILES *** The "hackers" may not be who you think ... Hmmm
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Well Glu is publicly traded over the counter and are beholden to their share holders. Maybe I'll buy a stake in Glu and get some satisfaction. *** SMILES *** The "hackers" may not be who you think ... Hmmm

Glu is traded on the Nasdaq (symbol GLUU) and has been doing quite well. They are finally earning a ton of money and the stock has jumped. It is still well below it's IPO price though. I don't own it, but maybe I should buy some to recoup some of the money I am giving them.
  • Options
    ddd33ddd33 Registered Users 35 Posts
    So it looks like its not just me having to pass on multiple challenges just to get someone who doesn't have a maxed out 69k base and some crazy drone. I took the advice given by the game and upgraded my base as I played so I have a 50k tier 10 base but 46k weapons so winning challenge is worse than when you first start and have to cherry pick the easiest targets. Only easy battles now are from revenge challenges. Don't mind a challenge but 10 unbeatable bases in a row is no fun either. Spend almost as many diamonds finding challenge than I win. Seems like Glu is trying to force people to use gold to upgrade and amount of diamonds to upgrade such small increments for drones is ridiculous.
  • Options
    ddd33 wrote: »
    So it looks like its not just me having to pass on multiple challenges just to get someone who doesn't have a maxed out 69k base and some crazy drone. I took the advice given by the game and upgraded my base as I played so I have a 50k tier 10 base but 46k weapons so winning challenge is worse than when you first start and have to cherry pick the easiest targets. Only easy battles now are from revenge challenges. Don't mind a challenge but 10 unbeatable bases in a row is no fun either. Spend almost as many diamonds finding challenge than I win. Seems like Glu is trying to force people to use gold to upgrade and amount of diamonds to upgrade such small increments for drones is ridiculous.

This message came at an opportune time - I was thinking of jumping to base 10 today. But if I loose my occasional 53.12K long range "easy" opponents. Usually these show up after 3 to 6 69.12K short range offers I pass up. It's amazing how regular these two opponent powers (with many names) are occurring.

So if I make the jump, then no more offerings below 69.12K short? What are some other base 10 players being matched up against? Maybe I've found my skill limit.

Please top players, give me your perspective!