Options

Phantoms, Ghosts and Drones You Say?

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
These "phantom" players have probably been an integral part of the game from it's earlier releases but what makes the latest incarnation of CKS so disappointing are the number of max'd out drones. Adding to the frustration is that they are now more OFFENSIVE in nature and all but impossible to detect until you're fired upon. A max'd out drone can take you out with a single missile, at the very beginning and knowing where they might appear is of little use, since he comes out firing at times.

The drone's size and color of white only adds to the difficulty. Change it to black for starters so we can at least see the little buggers before it's too late. The old drones were way too easy since they just sat there hovering waiting for you to attack and most of these could be taken out with the first shot ... a balance somewhere in between might be welcomed.

One of my first opponents in league tournament has only 7 victory points, so it's fairly obvious he didn't compete in Global PvP LMAO ... but that's not the real problem. These players have max'd out defenses AND drones and all you can do is skip the battle and find a more suitable opponent thus depleting your hard earned diamonds in the process.

So if the only way to win the battle is not to fight at all, it sort of defeats the purpose don't ya think ... duh. Eventually most, if not all, will have max'd out defenses and max'd out drones and that's the end of the road for CKS. For the newer players, you really missed out on a great game for the end is in sight, I'm sorry to say.

SCORPION
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    In fight of a lifetime with three other stubborn as hell players *** SMILES *** next player (No. 5) is almost 100 points behind and you guessed it, FIND NEXT is starting to see it's end also. I eventually had to fight 3 consecutive SHORT range battles because I was spending too many diamonds and loosing too much time skipping fights.

Trying to keep up with these three monsters but they are wearing me out :-)

SCORPION
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    Glad its not just me getting fed up with this..!

I have only been playing this for a few weeks, and to start with it is a good game and gets quite addictive.

I slowly noticed that the better weapons and base i had, the better my opponents got, but more powerful than i could get.

I managed to get into the silver league this week, and after maxing out my weapons 5760 each I can't progress with out buying anything with real money, i decided to buy a tesler to help in the league.

suprise suprise, the first 4 or 5 competitors are all short range, and all 20 - 69k bases (every single time). the only way i can win anything is by revenging against players that have beaten me with a low base power.

I kind of understand that many people will get bored with games on their phones and eventually give up so there will be a lot of players with really low base power probably upto level 10, and very few real players level 60+ but why the hell do they have to make it so hard to beat these tough fake accounts.

I don't have much gold left, and wish i had read these forums before I did purchase any. I won't be purchasing anything else from glu but will instead use this game to kill the time when i'm on the toilet. So if you do see me beat you you know where i've been!
  • Options
    As if to add insult to injury, the one issue that I feared the most about using drones has come to pass. It is now impossible to access the feature because every part ever won is listed individually instead of grouping like parts together.

So not only do you have the prospect of facing powerful drones in battle, you cannot construct a drone of your own using the new drones parts. I had to shut down the game and restart because after 10 minutes, I couldn't wait any longer.

Global PvP and League Events are a 7 day affair now. For me, I cannot afford this time consuming feature.

That brings me full circle to the final solution ... eliminate drones entirely. If this is not remedied immediately, then the painful truth shall hit us all like a ton of bricks. You cannot win and you'll go broke trying to stay alive.

It's painful to admit and even more painful to hear, I know ...

Please don't shoot the messenger ...

SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft, you as right on. I am running CKS on both IOS and Amazon platforms and as I played the Global event over the weekend the weapons menu got more and more cumbersome. The scroll function did not work at all. The menu got slower and slower and eventually just quit. I cannot access weapons upgrades on either platform now, the game just freezes and I have to reboot the tablets to get it to start again.

To add insult to injury, the milestone prizes for the Gold League this week are, you guessed it, the Manta drone. Totally useless! Is anybody at Glu paying any attention?

As I have posted earlier: I will not devote a single Diamond to Drone development!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    So the gold league offers a typically bronze league prize that to use you need to fuse into your base drone??? Unbelievable.

Was this on both platforms? I want to pay sometime to go to the gold league, but if this happened to me, I'd probably quit.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The Gold League is playing for the Charon Heavy weapon (10.5, Max Damage 191.74K Wow!) The offer the Drone as a Milestone prize at 25, 50 and 100 points earned. The gun is really worth the effort, but the milestone awards are useless.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    So the gold league offers a typically bronze league prize that to use you need to fuse into your base drone??? Unbelievable.

Was this on both platforms? I want to pay sometime to go to the gold league, but if this happened to me, I'd probably quit.

Nothing different on the Silver League. The milestone prizes are the same thing - Manta and some diamonds.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Ah - misunderstood. Interpreted it was the prize, not milestone. PM sent