Options

What the hell

Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
Ok so i needed a new Tesla weapon so i purchased the next one up from what i currently had. The new weapon power supposedly started off at a higher level then my maxed out one however when i use it it only seems to tickle my opponents, what gives?????

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    Ok so i needed a new Tesla weapon so i purchased the next one up from what i currently had. The new weapon power supposedly started off at a higher level then my maxed out one however when i use it it only seems to tickle my opponents, what gives?????

Take a quick look at the damage rating of the max'd out OLD vs the virgin NEW. Your OLD weapon is probably capable of inflicting more damage .... currently, that is. The NEW can be upgraded much much more.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Old Tesla is a Nereid maxed out, charge damage is 11,400 vs new Eclipse with current power of 51.07k n charge damage of 16260. The alleged power just isn't there, i can easily kill stuff with Nereid that takes more time with Eclipse. Something just isn't right.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    Old Tesla is a Nereid maxed out, charge damage is 11,400 vs new Eclipse with current power of 51.07k n charge damage of 16260. The alleged power just isn't there, i can easily kill stuff with Nereid that takes more time with Eclipse. Something just isn't right.

I know. I know what you're saying. I noticed that also. The only time I noticed the difference was when I upgraded my Eclipse. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how it is....
  • Options
    Just to be clear, are we talking relative power of the two weapons in the same (current) release of CKS, which is now at 3.0 OR are we saying that the damage you were able to do in CKS 2.0 isn't there in 3.0? The reason I ask this is nothing that existed before the upgrade has the same overall power.

For example, I've had the same 9.5 rated weapons for about 3 weeks now and I can tell you enemies that once took a single shot now take 2-3. The head shot is still the most effective kill shot. In fact it's so out of balance that even the most seasoned vets avoid the SHORT range PvP matches if they can. Believe me these guys have some high powered weaponry.

I can tell you that Glu has been notified and the developers will be informed.

Keep this is mind, the upgrade was Thursday, the PvP started Friday and these guys went home for the weekend. It's a game for us, but a job to them. So they come in Monday morning and they've got some serious problems with the new release that need to be addressed, I am expecting that much. Does that excuse the upgrade problems, absolutely not, but they will need some time to sort things out and come up with a solution.

So ... like any customer paying for a service, the best advice I can give is to wait it out ... how long is anyone's guess, but if you are paying for a service that is not performing to your expectations, what do you do? I think you know the answer to that one.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    What happened to me was before the roll out of v3.0.

I used to have Charybdis, with its rating of X8.5. When maxed out, its weapon power was 39.36K.

Then I was able to obtain Eclipse, with its rating of X9.5. Its initial weapon power was more than a maxed out Charybdis. However, it seemed to be less effective than the maxed out Charybdis. Eclipse proved to be more effective after I upgraded it.

You were right also regarding the relative power of our weapons after the roll out of v3.0. It does seems like enemies that once took a single shot in v2.0 now take 2 or 3 shots in v3.0.
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Just to be clear, are we talking relative power of the two weapons in the same (current) release of CKS, which is now at 3.0 OR are we saying that the damage you were able to do in CKS 2.0 isn't there in 3.0? The reason I ask this is nothing that existed before the upgrade has the same overall power.

For example, I've had the same 9.5 rated weapons for about 3 weeks now and I can tell you enemies that once took a single shot now take 2-3. The head shot is still the most effective kill shot. In fact it's so out of balance that even the most seasoned vets avoid the SHORT range PvP matches if they can. Believe me these guys have some high powered weaponry.

I can tell you that Glu has been notified and the developers will be informed.

Keep this is mind, the upgrade was Thursday, the PvP started Friday and these guys went home for the weekend. It's a game for us, but a job to them. So they come in Monday morning and they've got some serious problems with the new release that need to be addressed, I am expecting that much. Does that excuse the upgrade problems, absolutely not, but they will need some time to sort things out and come up with a solution.

So ... like any customer paying for a service, the best advice I can give is to wait it out ... how long is anyone's guess, but if you are paying for a service that is not performing to your expectations, what do you do? I think you know the answer to that one.
    Wait until after you have scrolled forever through all the short missions and you finally find a long range mission and you click on it and BOOM SUPRISE you just entered a short mission instead.That happened to me about 2 or 3 times last weekend effectively ending my streaks.
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    Wait until after you have scrolled forever through all the short missions and you finally find a long range mission and you click on it and BOOM SUPRISE you just entered a short mission instead.That happened to me about 2 or 3 times last weekend effectively ending my streaks.

I've actually entered a SHORT range battle by reflex after stringing together victories. Almost like being in a trance ... time to take a break !!!

Winning using a 9.5 is extremely difficult and time consuming if it's possible at all. Best to surrender or commit suicide and move on. I had to use 5 medkits in one particularly nasty battle against a MAX'd out defense. If you find yourself caught in a cross fire between two Sentries, YOU'RE screwed, just call NO JOY and save yourself some valuable time in the process.

If you're inclined to fight, here are a few tips based on my experience.

KEEP MOVING - it takes a second or two for your enemies to figure out that you've moved AND when they stop firing (that's your window of opportunity).

NEVER take on Sentries or Juggernauts HEAD ON. Time your attack so that you have them in your sites when they stop firing.

EMPTY your clip OR fire your HEAVY in quick bursts, then duck back down ... draw their fire, wait for a pause then MOVE AGAIN.

It'll take some time, but at least it gives you a fighting chance.

The current middle weight champ has won 50 or so fights in a row by not getting hit.

** SMILES **

SCORPION