Options

Have a Drone Question ... Anyone?

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Talking about drones ... is there any benefit, one way or the other, to using "old" drones parts vs the "new" drones parts. I am accumulating the new ones at an alarming rate and each and every part is listed as opposed to 123 x part 1, 299 x part #2, etc. etc. etc. This is making it all but impossible to scroll through this ever lengthening list of parts. I am afraid if this continues it will "kill" my device. One more PvP Event and I may not even be able to access the feature as it now takes a couple of minutes to populate.

Thanks ...

SCORPION
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    sycopupysycopupy Registered Users 4 Posts
    The only benefit is how much XP each part gives. The more xp the less tedious the upgrade procedure. I'm having the same issue as you are when it comes to the list of parts. It's painful upgrading because the screen responds mind-numbingly slow. It's almost not worth the effort to do the upgrade.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Talking about drones ... is there any benefit, one way or the other, to using "old" drones parts vs the "new" drones parts.

Old drone parts can only be used to upgrade your support drone by fusing them. This will increase power level of your support drone.

New drone parts can not be used to increase the power of your support drone - in a way. New drone parts have their own power levels - which you can upgrade also.

Old drone parts can not be used to increase the power level of new drone parts.

Hope this helps....
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    No advantage has the same conversion rate as purchasing new parts. Earlier they had a better exchange rate, but not now. Classic GLU thinking: Offer a trade-in program and they value your trade-in as zero.

I can't even load up the upgrade screen in either IOS or Amazon, so I am giving up on the Drone project.
  • Options
    Thanks guys ... you have answered all my questions regarding drones; unfortunately drones appear to be a lengthy, tedious, time consuming proposition, yet it still boggles the mind that there are fully powered drones I'm up against. I thought maybe, just maybe I was missing something ..... not to mention the diamonds ... Good Grief !!!

SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    so I am giving up on the Drone project

I've said this about everything in the game, drone upgrades, base Juliet upgrade, and even weapon upgrades to some extent. When they release weapons that you don't keep for more than 4 weeks, why waste the diamonds?

I do like the economy upgrade and health upgrade, but each new base release makes it all seem futile. Upgrade-itis is starting to wear thin on me.
  • Options
    I mean the upgrade to 3.0 was only hours before PvP started on Android platform ... I have a far out idea, the only real players are the one's who post on the forum (lets do a head count) the rest are bots :-) All 50,000+ of 'em. Ha

This is all some sociological experiment conducted by the defense department ... just kidding, I do have a vivid imagination *** SMILES *** Don't be surprised if the MIB knocks on your door once you've hit the All-Time Leaders board top 20. heeheehee
  • Options
    I mean the upgrade to 3.0 was only hours before PvP started on Android platform ... I have a far out idea, the only real players are the one's who post on the forum (lets do a head count) the rest are bots :-) All 50,000+ of 'em. Ha

This is all some sociological experiment conducted by the defense department ... just kidding, I do have a vivid imagination *** SMILES *** Don't be surprised if the MIB knocks on your door once you've hit the All-Time Leaders board top 20. heeheehee

I just played one against a player called "Jormungandr", which is the name of the top prize Assault Weapon this weekend. Of course, 61.92 K short range, I forget the VP total, but clearly not a real player.
  • Options
    I've received basically two types of players the 69.12 short and 53.12 long. There are the occasional players I recognize with much lower payouts. GLU has figured out that the "can't find opponent" message was being issued so much that all the real players must be fully drained. They are nicely infusing the game with 10K payouts which is much improved from real players.

The player names are in the same prosaic award winning style of the mission descriptions that we enjoy so well. One stood out to me - SALMONKILLER. Sends chills down my spine.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I've received basically two types of players the 69.12 short and 53.12 long. There are the occasional players I recognize with much lower payouts. GLU has figured out that the "can't find opponent" message was being issued so much that all the real players must be fully drained. They are nicely infusing the game with 10K payouts which is much improved from real players.

The player names are in the same prosaic award winning style of the mission descriptions that we enjoy so well. One stood out to me - SALMONKILLER. Sends chills down my spine.

I'm wondering if the upcoming League Events are going to be plagued by this NEW system of match ups? If true, this illusion of competition would take on a whole new meaning !!! The brackets are supposed to be based on rankings achieved in Global PvP (Assassination Points) not Base Defense Tiers, Drone Power Levels, Victory Points or any other algorithmic variables ... Let the PEOPLE Play !!!

I'll accept the ghost battles in Global PvP as a pre-requisite to competing against fellow humans for prizes in the League Events.

SCORPION
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I just played one against a player called "Jormungandr", which is the name of the top prize Assault Weapon this weekend. Of course, 61.92 K short range, I forget the VP total, but clearly not a real player.

To be fair Jormungandr a figure from Norse mythology. Specifically the "World Serpent" or "Midgard Serpant", one of the children of Loki. In mythology during the events of Ragnarok Thor battles and defeats Jormungandr but dies from it's venom after walking nine paces.

So its not like the name is unheard of or even new. Also I believe it's the name of an anime/manga.
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    To be fair Jormungandr a figure from Norse mythology. Specifically the "World Serpent" or "Midgard Serpant", one of the children of Loki. In mythology during the events of Ragnarok Thor battles and defeats Jormungandr but dies from it's venom after walking nine paces.

So its not like the name is unheard of or even new. Also I believe it's the name of an anime/manga.

Point well taken! I am just glad to see the "No Opponent Found" messages disappear. Opponents can call themselves whatever they choose, so long as they are available.
  • Options

Handles, please do not take this out of context, labels or names are not the point and could have been mistaken due to the pace of the game. What some players are complaining about is the misconception that they would somehow be competing against REAL people. I stopped short of informing them that it has most likely always been that way ... the real problem is that these spooks are fully armed to the teeth (max'd out defenses and drones) and are next to impossible to beat given the current inventory of weapons. Now a stronger weapon isn't the answer either (I've taken these drones out with a tesla blast). But what's needed is a defense against their attacks (i.e. a missile shield that drains like player health maybe). Additionally, it is impossible to construct drones of our own regardless of how many diamonds we've earned or GOLD we're willing to spend. The feature is, for lack of a better term, BROKEN.

Now I have noted that there is a drone feature called PLAYER HEALTH or SHIELD something or other, but the problem remains, how can we protect ourselves if we cannot build an adequate defense? After all it's called a support drone right?

SCORPION
  • Options
    earlybird7earlybird7 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am having apriblem out gitting the new drones. What do the numbers in this statement relate to on the screens "your weapon power cannot be greater than your drone"
  • Options
    Handles, please do not take this out of context, labels or names are not the point and could have been mistaken due to the pace of the game. What some players are complaining about is the misconception that they would somehow be competing against REAL people. I stopped short of informing them that it has most likely always been that way ... the real problem is that these spooks are fully armed to the teeth (max'd out defenses and drones) and are next to impossible to beat given the current inventory of weapons. Now a stronger weapon isn't the answer either (I've taken these drones out with a tesla blast). But what's needed is a defense against their attacks (i.e. a missile shield that drains like player health maybe). Additionally, it is impossible to construct drones of our own regardless of how many diamonds we've earned or GOLD we're willing to spend. The feature is, for lack of a better term, BROKEN.

Now I have noted that there is a drone feature called PLAYER HEALTH or SHIELD something or other, but the problem remains, how can we protect ourselves if we cannot build an adequate defense? After all it's called a support drone right?

SCORPION

Actually the label/name was the point in the post I responded to. Player assumed it was a "bot" because of the name but there is nothing about that name that say's it's a bot. Also I'm unaware of any actual bots in game so likely the players you are up against have just upgraded to be at max for base and drone.

The Drone companion isn't meant to start off strong for end/late game players. The Drone is unlocked at the end of the North American campaign, so it's actually designed to be helpful starting there and allows players to upgrade it as they progress through the game.

@earlybird7, The Drone body needs to be upgraded to support higher power level equipment. Th is means you cannot have a weapon on the Drone that has a higher power level than the Drone itself. All you need to do is upgrade the Drone first.
  • Options
    earlybird7 wrote: »
    I am having apriblem out gitting the new drones. What do the numbers in this statement relate to on the screens "your weapon power cannot be greater than your drone"

I'm not sure what you're referring to, probably because the feature is inaccessible. But here's the problem, the new drones parts which have all kinds of nice features like shields, health etc. cannot be accessed because the list of parts cannot be listed and most devices tend to freeze or appear to be frozen, in the very least the game cannot be played and must be exited.

I've observed this parts populating time go from 2 minutes, to 5, to 10 to who knows by now because I am not that patient ** SMILES ** This started after only one day of PvP and progressively got worse. Another PvP may kill the game entirely as performance has taken a huge hit as well. I'm not privy to the code, so I am guessing based on my observations, but they're educated guesses because I know how software behaves. My guess is that it's related to drone parts being listed or maintained individually as opposed to being grouped together.

Now every time you win a PvP match you collect like 3-4 drone parts, multiply that by 6,000-20,000 or even 30,000 (and that's just one event). It could easily escape detection on a server, but this data must be cached locally on our devices and NOW you get the picture, I hope :-)

SCORPION
  • Options
    Actually the label/name was the point in the post I responded to. Player assumed it was a "bot" because of the name but there is nothing about that name that say's it's a bot. Also I'm unaware of any actual bots in game so likely the players you are up against have just upgraded to be at max for base and drone.

The Drone companion isn't meant to start off strong for end/late game players. The Drone is unlocked at the end of the North American campaign, so it's actually designed to be helpful starting there and allows players to upgrade it as they progress through the game.

@earlybird7, The Drone body needs to be upgraded to support higher power level equipment. Th is means you cannot have a weapon on the Drone that has a higher power level than the Drone itself. All you need to do is upgrade the Drone first.

Ok let's not dance around this, I accept that they are present unless you can explain how someone competes in a League Event with only 7 victory points, has a TIER 10 Base DEFENSE and a MAX'd out DRONE ... the problem is that the drone feature for us menial folk is broken, we cannot craft drones because the feature itself is all but inaccessible AND has caused performance / stability problems as well.

Additionally, please refer to my response to earlybird7 above, I intended that for you ... my bad :-(
  • Options
    Ok let's not dance around this, I accept that they are present unless you can explain how someone competes in a League Event with only 7 victory points, has a TIER 10 Base DEFENSE and a MAX'd out DRONE ... the problem is that the drone feature for us menial folk is broken, we cannot craft drones because the feature itself is all but inaccessible AND has caused performance / stability problems as well.

Ah yes, while I am not having this issue with not being able to access the feature (mostly because I have literally no parts in my inventory anymore) I will be bringing this to the attention of the dev team.
  • Options
    Ah yes, while I am not having this issue with not being able to access the feature (mostly because I have literally no parts in my inventory anymore) I will be bringing this to the attention of the dev team.

Now you've got it ... Thanks Man
  • Options

Handles, I am most assuredly positive 95% of the PVP attacks I now play are program generated. I have only two scenarios for selections. 69.12k short attacks with 12-14K diamonds, and 53.12k long range attacks with 8-10K diamonds. Typically, the short attacks include defense drones in various power, the long attacks have no drones. I played about 227 missions, I could list some of the names that I attack, but regardless, the dev team has not informed you of this 3.0 change.

When a very rare selection of a player of non 69.12 or 53.12 base strength, and much lower diamond payouts that were predominate in 2.0, these are actual players (and many I recognize the names to), not bot/ghosts or as I refer to them as computer generated.

I have a maxed out tier 9 base. I'm not planning now to upgrade to tier 10 at the thought of only 69.12k short attacks being offered - I wouldn't make headway in that environment. And this change has cured the problem of "opponent not found" errors, and much better and stable payout than previously, so it has good points.

As to the Drone, regardless of when you upgrade the question is how many diamonds does it take to get it to hold x7.0 items? I don't think it makes a hill of beans if you do it over several campaigns, or all at once from a finished The Unchosen. You remind me of a car salesman - "well, if we make the monthly payment this much with a 10 year loan, you can afford this car." The upper level players will make the one time investment if it's reasonable. And as legend_a and someone else calculated, it's not!
  • Options
    legend_alegend_a Registered Users 63 Posts

Guess what handles , brader plays on IOS &AMAZON, but i find same same player name on google play also :), and guess what also when u check the profile of the player u get the famous (secret agent) message " PLAYER INFO UNAVAILABLE" .
    so i think if we started listing the names of players with same message will find same name on all platforms :) , what a coincidence !!!!!