Options

HELP - lost all my data/profile (Android)

markywbamarkywba Registered Users 20 Posts
Yesterday I had to factory reset my Nexus 7 (Android) due to a bad update - prior to the reset I copied across the cks file to my PC and then did the reset. I then downloaded the game app and then proceeded to overwrite the files with my previously saved data from my PC.
After restarting I have been unable to get back my profile - I have lost all my weapons, base upgrades, missions, drones, etc, etc.
I really don't want to start over again - I had level 9 bases, level 9/9.5 weapons and over 9000 VP's

Any ideas???

HANDLES - can this be restored from the main server? If so, then my username is MARKYWBA

Comments

• Options
    saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    delete the game and do a fresh install from the same place u installed before. dont try to copy paste old files. u ll get all the progress.
    its actually impossible to lose all the progress and start afresh. i tried some time back but failed..!!
  • Options
    saturnring wrote: »
    delete the game and do a fresh install from the same place u installed before. dont try to copy paste old files. u ll get all the progress.
    its actually impossible to lose all the progress and start afresh. i tried some time back but failed..!!

Thanks but I must have done something quirky because it hasn't picked up my profile
    I factory reset my tablet which deleted all my apps and associated files (hence the reason why I copied my file over to the PC beforehand in case I lost my cks data)
    I installed CKS from Google Play and started the game - it went straight into level 1 with all the tabs 'padlocked' until I completed some missions - at this stage I am unable to verify what my username is our how to bring my original one back.
    It did link through to my google play account but didn't pick up my profile.
    I did exactly the same thing with CSR Racing and that picked up my profile and progress immediately from the server.

Not sure what I did wrong??!!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'd try deleting the file you copied and the program. Let Google restore the data when you install it again. I'd guess it might take a while to sync.
  • Options
    saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    are you sure you installed from the same place again mark? or maybe the first time you installed through amazon playstore and now reinstalling it from google playstore? cos thats the only way we get a fresh game. this topic has been touched in the previous posts too
  • Options
    BowbenderBowbender Registered Users 13 Posts
    Delete folder called wallet then reinstall from where you orig. Installed.
  • Options
    no joy - any further suggestions?