Options

New Content - Major PVP matchup change

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
So just after I restarted from a new content update, my PVP's that were all 53.12k or 69.12 are now what they were pre ver 3.0.

The good news is I can get some short battles back in. A lot of opportunities, but a lot of unchallenging lower powered bases, too.

The bad news is no more constant 10K payouts. It looks like with mostly actual human accounts to choose from, I'll be back to the 4K average, and during a tempting global event, more like 2K payouts.

This will help out the lower powered players considerably, but send me back to the slow upgrade process.

I can hear the conversation;
CFO :"Do you know how many diamonds your stupid error has given away to these greedy #%*!@& customers?"
Lead Programmer: "Just missed one line of code, I'm still trying to fix bugs from 4 months ago!"

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The algorythm for match selection has clearly changed with the update. Much more variety. It was boring, but I will miss the endless string of 10000+ Diamond hauls.
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I didn't get an update unless it was behind the scenes but did notice two longs that still payed out over 10k diamonds and one short that only paid out like 3k. Now to upgrade my base to level 9 or stay at 8 is the question. Was going to keep it lower with all the fight issues but if this is resolved I will keep upgrading.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I believe the content update was to make SHORT battles more attractive. I don't think it was the fix we asked for but a rollback to the way it was. That was the fastest and easiest fix for the MAX'd out DEFENSE issue, I suppose. We won't know for sure if it was a fix OR not unless they let us know ... but it is better to not have to skip so many battles.

At the Tier 10 Level, I'm not seeing any value in this over expensive defense and haven't upgraded at all. Someone steals a few diamonds, oh well, I'm not using them for much anyway until they fix this drone fiasco. :-) WHICH I can also live without.

Come to think about it, all I really want is a better heavy, which I haven't been able to upgrade for close to a month now, and go shoot something *** SMILES ***

Also has anyone started to notice a little "stutter" in the SHORT range battles? Maybe it's time for a better tablet.

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Also has anyone started to notice a little "stutter" in the SHORT range battles? Maybe it's time for a better tablet.

The current video requirements, particularly with two drones shooting, are pretty high. Both my brand new iPad and my Kindle are seizing up on a lot of these missions.
  • Options
    HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    I also saw some stutter during short missions, which I've never seen before.
  • Options
    I've also noticed the battery drain isn't as bad after the update, but it could be a coincidence, since I started tinkering around with the settings trying to squeeze some more "horse power" out of my Nexus.
  • Options
    If you mean battery stamina, ok. If you mean program speed please teach me! I'm nexus, too, and would love some graphics sppedup!
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    If you mean battery stamina, ok. If you mean program speed please teach me! I'm nexus, too, and would love some graphics sppedup!

Do you have root access? You'll need it to tweak the Nexus...
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Do you have root access? You'll need it to tweak the Nexus...
    Yes - if you want to, pm me or post here. Wouldn't mind draining the battery a bit to increase performance. There's times when I release the trigger on a juggernaut, and I wait a second or so to see the next frame and can't duck. Hasn't killed me yet, but close! Wish there was an off switch to the drone!
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Wish there was an off switch to the drone!

That would be nice to be able to enable and/or disable your support drone.

But I don't understand why you would disable it. I will never disable my support drone. You may have some bad experiences with it, but it had helped me numerous time during matches. I know that right now it is not powerful enough to take out anything. But it is good enough to show me where they are. It is good enough to keep them busy so I wouldn't get hit by a sniper. It is good enough to keep them busy long enough so I cold go under cover or shoot them.

The only thing I don't like and I don't understand is why Glu made them so powerful at 369K power level. It costs so much and takes so long to upgrade them to that level. But most important, with a maxed out drone at 369K, IT REALLY TAKES THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME. There's gotta be a better way and a reasonable way to protect our bases.