Matchmaking System and Bots

HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
In the previous matchmaking system, it was based on player VP. This lead to players being matched with low VP defenders that had very strong base defense, making almost impossible to win in some cases. While this sounds good for the defending player, it didn’t provide the best experience for all players involved in PvP.

This and other reasons lead us to change the matchmaking system.

What was changed?

• Players are now matched based on power of their weapons versus the defender’s base power.
  • If you purchase higher powered weapons then you will be matched with stronger enemy bases.
    • However, at the same time you will steal more diamonds.
    • If you purchase the best guns you will be matched with the top base as it is the latest in the game.

• We’ve added bot opponents.
    • First – when there are no real opponents, instead of giving an error and losing the diamonds, we match the player up with a bot instead.
    • Second – Players that have the highest powered weapons, but no live opponents with comparable base defense power, are now matched with our strongest possible opponent.

• Win Streaks effect the which matches you get
    • As you build a win streak with each win you will be matched with players with higher base defense power.
    • Upon failing to defeat a base, your win streak will reset and you will be matched with players based on your weapon power.
    • As your opponents become harder to beat you will receive more diamonds upon success. (The increase in diamond payout is due to the opponent being stronger, not win streak number)
Prev1

Comments

• duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    In the previous matchmaking system, it was based on player VP. This lead to players being matched with low VP defenders that had very strong base defense, making almost impossible to win in some cases. While this sounds good for the defending player, it didn’t provide the best experience for all players involved in PvP.

This and other reasons lead us to change the matchmaking system.

What was changed?

• Players are now matched based on power of their weapons versus the defender’s base power.
    • If you purchase higher powered weapons then you will be matched with stronger enemy bases.
      • However, at the same time you will steal more diamonds.
      • If you purchase the best guns you will be matched with the top base as it is the latest in the game.

[/LIST]
    [/LIST]

This is absolute rubbish.

I have a GARMR and a 1k defense power base. Even with my GARMR unequipped I face players that range from 900DP to 65k DP.

Not sure how you can tell people the system is like this as it clearly IS NOT THE CASE. The PvP match up has nothing to do with Attack or Defensive power.

The PvP match-up system in this game is garbage and nothing about it provides a better experience.

My PvP match up are either laughably impossible or laughably simple, there is no middle ground and frankly it sucks.

The GARMR is not a weapon someone in my tier should have access to.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
    Explain how this fits into your explanation of PvP? http://postimg.org/image/nrbo2nwdv/

Let me be clear, I'm not calling you a liar, but I am saying that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

If you want me to, I will galdy blow through diamonds to show you that even with a lower weapon equipped I get matched with 65k players. But GLU is going to have to pay me to waste diamonds to prove their screw-up beyond what I already have. 100 gold should suffice
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    That's very good; but why not give us the option to those who failed to complete secondary weapon, because you interrupted the competition, to compete for the remaining pieces, or at least to buy? That would leave you in good stead and compenzarian users by competitive interruption
    Are we just ignoring the fact that PvP is broken?

Seriously nothing to say about this?
    Although not what is the difference; because the game is hanging and humiliation is worse now because it hangs in the middle of the battle.
    then I wonder: How long we will have to endure these things? What this and other problems are not solved and once and for all?
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Maybe a better scenario is a match against a "perfectly" equal opponent as opposed to the strongest available, meaning if the game can determine what a player's relative strength or power is, then it should be able to "generate" an opponent of equal capability. Simply fight a mirror image of ourselves.

If my defense is 55k and my drone is 8k then my opponent should be closer to that, I think that should fix the problem permanently. The weapon's attack power SHOULD get you matched against the proper defense tier 9.5 weapon vs 10.0 defense, but a little more is required to generate the proper drone and defense power.

Then you can factor in win streaks and the like; the more successful you are the tougher the next opponent ... I can live with that.

But to match you against the best defense possible is counter productive. Most will bypass that match, depleting diamonds in the process, slow down the game, spend less GOLD, etc. It sort of causes a cascade of events that ultimately results in frustration at not being able to advance as quickly as some would think is reasonable.

Equal and fair match ups is all anyone really wants.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    After all, what they want, Glu and its people, is to spend more money buying "Gold".
    But it would not make sense that all this was so imperfect. The sad and frustrating, it is that those who are always among the first, does not affect them at all. What it becomes evident, that all this favors a privileged few and destroys everything that can be fair. They forget that every business is profitable, while customers happy.
    And you can rest assured that we are far from happy, we are very angry ... bad business to be profitable.
    I kind of like facing down a tougher opponent but man those drones can be brutal
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    Explain how this fits into your explanation of PvP? http://postimg.org/image/nrbo2nwdv/

Let me be clear, I'm not calling you a liar, but I am saying that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

If you want me to, I will galdy blow through diamonds to show you that even with a lower weapon equipped I get matched with 65k players. But GLU is going to have to pay me to waste diamonds to prove their screw-up beyond what I already have. 100 gold should suffice

Confused here, are you upset that you overpowered that player?
    Also, please don't take this as I'm ignoring the issue. I am reporting your findings.
  • zzsniperzzsniper Registered Users 6 Posts
    Just fix it!
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    The system SUCKS! Over and over and over again, i get matched up with 69k defenses when my AP is only 46k, and Glu continuously ignores us about providing more weapons 2 buy with in-game cash so we can stand a chance against these defenses they continuously pit us against. The diamonds i have wasted trying 2 find decent matches is in the 10s of thousands and it is 2 months or so now and counting and still no weapons 2 buy...18.4M in cash and nothing 2 use it 4.
    Confused here, are you upset that you overpowered that player?

I am upset that I am overpowering this player. A pvp match like that lasts all of 15 seconds and its dull and boring.

But the reverse is also true, I am often over powered that badly in many battles. Like I said Im more than happy to show you the rest of the screen shots but glu is going to have to pay me to do their work for them.

Not to mention when I am pitted against a 65K player my diamond take is exactly the same as it is against a 5K player, its stupid man. Glu needs to own up that they flopped on this update and fix it.

But 6 days to address this, Im sorry if I accused you, but it seemed to me that it was being ignored.
    I am upset that I am overpowering this player. A pvp match like that lasts all of 15 seconds and its dull and boring.

But the reverse is also true, I am often over powered that badly in many battles. Like I said Im more than happy to show you the rest of the screen shots but glu is going to have to pay me to do their work for them.

Not to mention when I am pitted against a 65K player my diamond take is exactly the same as it is against a 5K player, its stupid man. Glu needs to own up that they flopped on this update and fix it.

But 6 days to address this, Im sorry if I accused you, but it seemed to me that it was being ignored.

I'm told that even though we have bots to match players against if their are not live opponents to find, there are cases where you will be given still be matched up with a live player even if they are lower powered than you.

It should still be giving you some one as close as it can to your weapon power, mind you it based off weapons owned not specifically the weapons you currently have equipped.
    I'm told that even though we have bots to match players against if their are not live opponents to find, there are cases where you will be given still be matched up with a live player even if they are lower powered than you.

It should still be giving you some one as close as it can to your weapon power, mind you it based off weapons owned not specifically the weapons you currently have equipped.

Yeah I understand that. But A it costs a lot of diamonds to find realistic matches And B worse still my Long range is only a 3K weapon, and I get matched with 65k players with it also. So its based off the highest weapon you own apparently. And it is not even possible for me to purchase a weapon, in game monies or real to balance this out.

Im happy I won the garmr. But honestly it stole all the excitement from the game. Literally all of it.

So your answer boils down to me wasting diamonds to make up for poor programming?It is next to impossible for me to find a balanced match without spending thousands and thousands of diamonds. This is no solution.

My best hopes lie in revenge matches, but with only 1 or 2 successful attacks against me a day even that is short lived.

Glu needs to own up to the fact that their update sucked and fix it
    Yeah I understand that. But A it costs a lot of diamonds to find realistic matches And B worse still my Long range is only a 3K weapon, and I get matched with 65k players with it also. So its based off the highest weapon you own apparently. And it is not even possible for me to purchase a weapon, in game monies or real to balance this out.

Im happy I won the garmr. But honestly it stole all the excitement from the game. Literally all of it.

So your answer boils down to me wasting diamonds to make up for poor programming?It is next to impossible for me to find a balanced match without spending thousands and thousands of diamonds. This is no solution.

My best hopes lie in revenge matches, but with only 1 or 2 successful attacks against me a day even that is short lived.

Glu needs to own up to the fact that their update sucked and fix it

The suggestion to find a better way then having players spend large amounts of diamonds to research for opponents that aren't under powered has been made to the dev team.
    The suggestion to find a better way then having players spend large amounts of diamonds to research for opponents that aren't under powered has been made to the dev team.

Well I hope something comes out of it.

It would solve most of my issues. Maybe not the way I would like, but Im open to anything different than what we have now.
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    There is a system in place that it matches you against.

I got a new weapon last week and noticed that all the opponents went up quite a bit regardless of weapon type. I then did a few upgrades to base, and the same thing all opponents went up again.

It seems like you are paired with opponents based on:
    all weapons + base power
  • MedlinMedlin Registered Users 1 Posts
    I regret spending money to get win the pvp event weapons. I'm a new player so I had to spend tons of money to to catch up (embarrassed to say how much, it's a ton). Now with all my powerful weapons I get nothing but max defense base matches with only tier 7 base which means pretty well one shot and in dead. I would be ok with going back down to lesser weapons but that's clearly not the case since it doesn't matter weapon you have equipped, only the ones you own.there is no point in spending money or earning 10.5 star weapons. My base is 10-14k (can't remember) and I can spend 80k on finding new opponents and rarely find a suitable match. They are all 60k+. Before I could keep looking for new opponents and find 20k defense bases which is still quite a bit higher than mine and do ok. Not anymore so... Please please at least let my equip my **** weapons and find something within that range so I can find something close to my health level.
  • JedilebaJedileba Registered Users 6 Posts
    I see no rhyme or reason to who I'm matched against. It's all over the place.

Honestly, I really don't care about base power. The drone can be too powerful and I'll skip those, but otherwise I just want the loot. Give me 69k bases all day, long or short range, as long as the payout is over 10k. But the drone power needs to match my own I think. I'm sitting at 14.1 right now and I will pass on drones powered at 30k or higher.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

For Star Wars jewelry, go to Goddardjewelry.com
  • fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts
    It is nothing more than both glu and other players cheating! There is no is no way a higher level loses to a lower level or that anyone can be 365k power drones! Who do you think you are fooling glu? At the very least you can put a stop to other players.cheating the system. Or is it really glu? Evidence speaks for itself.
  • RiamrvRiamrv Registered Users 2 Posts
    Recently I won a gun from collecting parts in global event and silver league but now I cannot get any decent opponent. I have to refresh many times to get an opponent whom I can beat costing me 5k+ diamonds in just 1 battle which gives near 1 k diamonds mac. Most of times I get opponent with 10-11star defense rating whose drone alone has 30k- idk how much more power while my attack rating is 3 star and attack power is near 525, which is ridiculous, no way of winning for me and no way of earning extra diamond from pvp battles so I don't have any other options then to wait for my base diamonds for upgrade and if I do upgrade I am unable to use up 3 attempts at PvP battle because I don't have enough diamonds to get a winnable match. Totally messed up with my game. I was trying out this game and after about a week of playing I'm very disappointed because of PvP matches.
  • RiamrvRiamrv Registered Users 2 Posts
    And I forgot to add my drone power is 800 and i' m only lvl 26 so go figure how I can beat opponents with 30k+ drones
  • BrendisBrendis Registered Users 4 Posts
    Riamrv wrote: »
    And I forgot to add my drone power is 800 and i' m only lvl 26 so go figure how I can beat opponents with 30k+ drones

Yeah, after upgrades it's impossible to beat your opponent... Only money rules this game and the fair players, as always in the end of all...
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Wish I'd read this earlier my weapons mean I'm getting topped out bases but my defense level means there's no way to win without topping up health
    Medlin wrote: »
    I regret spending money to get win the pvp event weapons. I'm a new player so I had to spend tons of money to to catch up (embarrassed to say how much, it's a ton). Now with all my powerful weapons I get nothing but max defense base matches with only tier 7 base which means pretty well one shot and in dead. I would be ok with going back down to lesser weapons but that's clearly not the case since it doesn't matter weapon you have equipped, only the ones you own.there is no point in spending money or earning 10.5 star weapons. My base is 10-14k (can't remember) and I can spend 80k on finding new opponents and rarely find a suitable match. They are all 60k+. Before I could keep looking for new opponents and find 20k defense bases which is still quite a bit higher than mine and do ok. Not anymore so... Please please at least let my equip my **** weapons and find something within that range so I can find something close to my health level.
    ( + )
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Medlin wrote: »

Yeah, it is kind of too late to go back now and you are right to the fact that you are going to be matched based on what ****nal you have and not on the one you are using.

Others may have different, but my suggestion to you is this. Get good secondary weapons. If you already have a Tesla, then get a heavy weapon. And visa versa. The fully upgrade your weapons as soon as you can. This will help you in future PvP matches as it will make them easier to win. Going against better base defenses usually means better diamond payouts - although not all the time. This will make upgrading weapons and bases easier and faster.

In upgrading you base, start with Base Economy Level or Player Health Level. Base Economy Level will increase your vault limit and also your diamond production. Player Health Level doesn't need explanation. Finish with Guard Level and Sentry Gun Level.

In playing PvP matches, play smart. You have 5 minutes to finish each PvP match. Don't be in a hurry. Finishing in less time doesn't award you more diamonds. Learn from your mistakes during PvP matches.

I hope this helps you in any way possible.
  • fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts
    Wow...Glu is now admitting to bait and switch tactics and cheating! They know for a fact, most if not all the bots are impossible to beat without upgrading to ridiculously high weapon, which get you even higher bots. Don't know about everyone else....but I am going to file complaints with every payment processing company I can. Maybe that will stop or at least slow down this ridiculous system of "forcing" players to spend real money on a FREE game. The evidence is clear. Thanks, glu for confirming that you build in cheating to your systems.
  • concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I think that the big problem with the Matchmaking System is that the lower the ratio of the weapon level to the Base level, the more of a problem that we are facing. Gold players that are able to continually upgrade their weapons don't face the same problem.

For example, lets look at the top player, PatrickPoillot, He has a Rockfall Tesla weapon (353.28K) and a Garuda Elite Heavy (352.77K). When Patrick is facing a level 11 Base (77.44 - 91.16K), Patrick is 3.5 - 4 times stronger than the base being attack.

Looking at my situation, I have an Eclipse Tesla weapon (78.72K) and a Bastet Heavy (123.39K). When I am facing a level 11 Base (77.44 - 91.16K), I am 1.01 - 1.35 times stronger than the base being attack. There is our matchmaking problem.

If GLU wanted a fair matchmaking system (stop laughing), using the same ratios, then I should be facing 19.68K - 30.84K. Granted facing these low levels are ridiculously easy, changing the ratio so that we are a maximum of twice as strong as the base that we are facing will go a long way. With a 2x ratio, I would be facing 50-60K level 10 Bases, which I would at least have a a good chance of defeating.
    The funny thing is before they tweaked things I was up for a challenge just I hadn't anticipated having to factor in med kits to s****e through
    ( + )
    S r a p e isn't a bad word just means completing pvp by the skin of my teeth
    ( + )