Options

Clan Questions

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
So, what's the benefit to being an officer in a clan?

I've seen a button to "kick" a member, is this to lower them on the listing, or eject them from the group?

And, what kind of actions can the Clan Leader perform?

Wish there was a way to see each players AP points just during the current event, in other words reset the AP to zero at the beginning of each tournament. But not effect they're cumulative AP.

Are there any players moving between clans?

Comments

• Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    So, what's the benefit to being an officer in a clan?

I've seen a button to "kick" a member, is this to lower them on the listing, or eject them from the group?

And, what kind of actions can the Clan Leader perform?

Wish there was a way to see each players AP points just during the current event, in other words reset the AP to zero at the beginning of each tournament. But not effect they're cumulative AP.

Are there any players moving between clans?

Better questions should be:

* What is the purpose of having a clan?
    * What are the benefits of having a clan?
    * What are the benefits of being a clan member?

I mean, we have a couple of clan events so far in which prizes were/are drone parts. The prizes are the same drone parts that we have won through our PvP matches anyway. The prizes are the same drone parts that we can't even use unless we max out our support drone.

So what's the point?
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Clan add an element of camaraderie in a game where pvp dominated i like the clan addition just not the bugs that shipped with the update also
    ( + )
  • Options
    Clan add an element of camaraderie in a game where pvp dominated i like the clan addition just not the bugs that shipped with the update also but I take your point weapons would be better incentive over drone parts we can't fuse as an incentive to play global clan events
    ( + )
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Clan add an element of camaraderie in a game where pvp dominated i like the clan addition just not the bugs that shipped with the update also but I take your point weapons would be better incentive over drone parts we can't fuse as an incentive to play global clan events

I would agree with you but without the option to chose targets there is no bonus to camaraderie. Clan Chat is no more personal than Global.

Perhaps if they added in clan wars. But as it stands now there is absolutely nothing to gain from clans, and like the drone is was a poorly thought out addition to the game.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    duckmeat wrote: »
    I would agree with you but without the option to chose targets there is no bonus to camaraderie. Clan Chat is no more personal than Global.

Perhaps if they added in clan wars. But as it stands now there is absolutely nothing to gain from clans, and like the drone is was a poorly thought out addition to the game.

I totally agree ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Clan wars would be very welcome addition
    ( + )
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Clan wars would be very welcome addition

absolutely it would.

When I first saw the clan update I was excited but then when I saw drone parts I wanted to slit my wrists.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things