Options

PVP opponents

Mathais1022Mathais1022 Registered Users 6 Posts
I began playing before the version 3 update and was fairly successful at the PVP battles. But not playing it since this new update I have always been paired with a player with a higher defense points than myself. I mean every single time. It is now impossible with even 50k strength weapons to defeat a single enemy with using grenades, health packs, or rocket launchers.

How is the pairing determined?

Comments

• Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Match making has recently been updated to improve the challenge of PvP but also make matches fair. Also your win streak now effects your match making.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I think it's great I haven't been matched against lower powered players as in the past! But now with a lot more base 10 players in short attacks offered, I still do some skipping. The payoff seems to be much improved as well. Time will tell if this holds true.
  • Options
    Mathais1022Mathais1022 Registered Users 6 Posts
    The pool of random to choose from should in all players and then shrink based on win streak. If PVP isn't worth playing because you will almost always lose then why would anyone try it
  • Options
    Hem1Hem1 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Been playing for a few weeks and it's gotten worse. I just spent 6 energy going after 6k to 10k opponents and I'm less than 2k. Pvp. I'll quit this if it continues. It's fun otherwise.
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    I wish it was possible to see video of revenge taking back their diamonds,
    while I was sleeping. To see just how my guy wimped out.
    Granted, started this game a couple days ago.
    So virtually only protection is T shirt.
    Now I need to trade piles of cash for handful of diamonds.
  • Options
    How many thought PVP search was finding diamonds, vs costing diamonds as in example.
    Probably not a smart move picking a match given, that's 4 times your power.
    Now I ran out of diamonds, LOOKING for a match, lol FFS.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5450/17824285086_f14228108a_z_d.jpg
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I began playing before the version 3 update and was fairly successful at the PVP battles. But not playing it since this new update I have always been paired with a player with a higher defense points than myself. I mean every single time. It is now impossible with even 50k strength weapons to defeat a single enemy with using grenades, health packs, or rocket launchers.

How is the pairing determined?

The simplest answer I can give is this regard is rather lengthy, so bear with me a bit. In previous PvP matches your opponent had a color coding that enabled you at a glance to determine your odds at winning the match.

GREEN meant you had superior weapon strength,
    WHITE (I believe) meant you were evenly matched,
    RED meant your opponents defensive strength was superior to your attack strength,

This worked fairly well since the higher rated defenses were usually owned by people who had been playing longer than you had and consequently had the time to build the defense. They usually paid off better, if you could win that is, for essentially the same reason, as they had more diamonds to offer. It was your choice to go up against the stronger player.

The downside or "flaw", if you will, is that if you could secure a vastly superior weapon early on, say with a 9.5 rating, you could easily win most every match by simply bullying your way through PvP, and the more matches the better. This turned the PvP Event into a horse race with those who had the GOLD to play (rather pay) more ... WON more ... simple. I once described this scenario as an 800 lb. Gorilla blasting away at rabbits ... purely OFFENSIVE in nature.

This became boring real quick. So how do you keep your best players and best paying customers coming back? CHALLENGE them ... pure and simple.

The fix? Even the playing field by matching like rated (experienced) players against each other. How do you ensure that there will always be an evenly matched player available, you ask? Create one when there isn't one available *** SMILES *** The brainchild of a talented developer no doubt. KUDOS

NOW you must FIGHT !!!

If we can somehow balance out the SHORT range matches so that your chances of winning are equal to LONG range, then we've got the "perfect" scenario. Bypassing these matches is costly in time and currency and NO JOY.

This is the task I pass on to the developers. Take a closer look at the SHORT range scenario and determine why it's so hard to win. My observation is because it's in close quarters (where you're simultaneously attacked by multiple enemies) and can only shoot at one target at a time. LONG range, "sniper" like scenarios will be easier because the battle takes place from a distance and under cover. SHORT range battles have always taken longer to complete ... it's the nature of the beast, I suppose.

Suggestion: I have only one, the experienced and highest rated players are the REAL experts. They've done things in the game that the developers could never have anticipated and this latest release appears to be a "knee ****" reaction to their success. So ... ask them how to fix it. You might be surprised by their insights.

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    I like the fact in this new version, that they have dummy accts that 4 the most part, offer 12k+ diamonds each time and i like that i dont get matched against players whose bases r no match 4 my attack power...BUT, what i ABHOR, is that i am spending thousands of diamonds at a time searching for a PVP battle that i can win. I am constantly getting matched up with base powers of 69k (my attack power is 46k) with massive drone power. I am litterally having 2 hit "find new target" 5-10x until i get a match i can win. I just recently spent 9k diamonds searching 4 a new target bc everyne b4 that was a 69k base, which requires 2 many accessories 2 win. The only matches i get paired up with now r either base defenses of 46k power or 69k, there is basically nothing else...really getting frustrating, esp when they havent offered an upgraded sniper or assault weapon 2 purchase with in-game cash, in about a month and a half now, mayb 2.
  • Options
    Now i am really getting ticked off...just spent probably 20k diamonds trying 2 find a PVP match i cud win...just about every single one i get now is 69k base power with significant drone power...this is ridiculous and is getting old fast. U SUCK GLU! EITHER OFFER NEW WEAPONS 2 PURCHASE WITH IN-GAME CASH SO I HAVE HALF A CHANCE OF COMPETING AGAINST THESE 69K POWER DEFENSES, OR FIX IT!!!!!!
  • Options
    That tactic of taking diamonds for search,
    ended it for me as soon as I realized what was happening.
    Absolute ridiculous.
  • Options
    I am now spending more on finding a PVP match i can win, than what i actually win, even when the reward is 12.6k diamonds. Its like i take a step forward only 2 take 3 steps back...i am moving backwards instead of forwards. i just lost another 20k diamonds or so looking 4 a decent match (with decent diamond rewards) to win. If this continues, i am done with this stinkin game!!!
  • Options
    zzsniperzzsniper Registered Users 6 Posts
    It is absolute insane that I lost more than 2500 diamonds in finding a PVP player that matches my strength.

Screenshot: http://tinyurl.com/pmdoa9n
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    During the global event matchups weren't too bad. Usually I could find an opponent on the 3rd try. But several times I had to spin the roulette wheel 9 times and pay 5K diamonds for a 10K payout. All the opponents were rated more difficult than my base.

Now with no league event, it was a lot poorer payouts. Many real players with rediculuosuly low payouts were offered between an occasional bot of 69.12k power short attack that would cost me in med packs to defeat. Only with non-bots did I see lower power bases, but also with low payouts.

The only real think that is wrong for me is the over numbering of 69.12k bot short attacks offered. Would be nice to see a 69.12k bot long attack once in a while! They don't exist.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I am reporting your findings to the team about the matchmaking system. However keep in mind the higher your win streak the stronger the opponent you get matched up against.
  • Options
    zzsniperzzsniper Registered Users 6 Posts
    What a bunch of , Glu can surely read that we are not happy with this way of finding an equal opponent .Fix it Glu, ASAP !!!!

screenshot:
    http://tinyurl.com/nowu6kn
    http://tinyurl.com/pvzmf4b

• Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    zzsniper wrote: »
    What a bunch of , Glu can surely read that we are not happy with this way of finding an equal opponent .Fix it Glu, ASAP !!!!

screenshot:
    http://tinyurl.com/nowu6kn
    http://tinyurl.com/pvzmf4b

Break your win streak Zzsniper
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    I have to agree with what everyone is saying. Seems 60-70% of the time it tries to match me up with a maxed out base short attack. It's not worth it to me in the cost of consumables to take this match. Sometimes I end up with less diamonds after winning 3 matches than when I started. It's pretty ridiculous. Also when are they gonna do something about the insane number of drone parts locking up our platforms? I'm going up against more powerful drones with no way to upgrade my weapons.
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    I have to agree with what everyone is saying. Seems 60-70% of the time it tries to match me up with a maxed out base short attack. It's not worth it to me in the cost of consumables to take this match. Sometimes I end up with less diamonds after winning 3 matches than when I started. It's pretty ridiculous. Also when are they gonna do something about the insane number of drone parts locking up our platforms? I'm going up against more powerful drones with no way to upgrade my weapons.

Yeah same here. I get more short range matchups by a huge margin
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    I don't know why it really overpowers the short range defenses. My heavy is rated over 2x the power of the 69k defense and I can't usually win straight up without med kits and/or grenades. Long range my Tesla rated barely over the maxed out defense has a much better shot at winning.
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    I don't know why it really overpowers the short range defenses. My heavy is rated over 2x the power of the 69k defense and I can't usually win straight up without med kits and/or grenades. Long range my Tesla rated barely over the maxed out defense has a much better shot at winning.

You might want to look at your strategy over. You have to play smart. You might have to duck under cover to avoid being hit - especially from a sniper. A hit from a sniper will take a lot from your "health". On the other hand, what used to be a shot or two to take down an opponent will now take three or four shots - as the defenses increases. You can not stay in the open and shoot an opponent until you take him down. You might have to take a couple of shots, duck under cover and then take another shot when situation permits. There's a reason why we are given 5 minutes. You do not get any additional AP or additional diamonds by finishing the match in half the time.