Options

Diamond theft

2urtle2urtle Registered Users 4 Posts
I have been playing for quite some months and never had my base attacked mainly due (I thought) to the fact that I don't play the PVP stuff.
I remember whilst loading a game one of the tips read something like "collect your diamonds regularly to stop them from being stolen"
But strangely enough it is the diamonds I have collected that have been stolen.

Since the last update I have had my stash stolen and have not played the game again. I was quite happy slowly building up my stash to upgrade whatever was required to continue in the main game.
My only consolation is the lower my stash gets the less people are getting and when it get to zero I hope one unimaginative person (people who can't come up with a witty comment) will beat my base and receive f all.

I will probably uninstall the game once I get to zero anyway.

If I must put up with diamond theft. I think none collected diamonds should be stolen as the tip suggests.

Comments

• Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Hear, hear! I also don't really like the PVP but have recently engaged in response to many attacks on my base. Other than leaving my pad on 24/7, I'd like an opt out button.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    The tip was misleading. What happens is when you put diamonds into your vault you loss a lower percentage of them then the diamonds that are not in your vault.
  • Options
    BowbenderBowbender Registered Users 13 Posts
    I also was forced into pvp with the upgrade. Heard there are no guns for cash too??Going
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Bowbender wrote: »
    I also was forced into pvp with the upgrade. Heard there are no guns for cash too??Going

There are guns for cash just not very many. I think with each campaign you complete a cash gun is offered for it. However I dont know this to be true entirely just true for the missions I have finished.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    duckmeatduckmeat Registered Users 79 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    The tip was misleading. What happens is when you put diamonds into your vault you loss a lower percentage of them then the diamonds that are not in your vault.

Lol "the tip is misleading" its not misleading is false completely. There is no way to justify or equate the tip to "you lose a lower percentage" it states very clearly and boldly that collecting them is equal to preventing their theft.

I understand your job is to placate players, but please do not patronize us. We are not stupid.
    A simple mind is entertained by simple things
  • Options
    My vault is now empty and I will check back at some point to see if people are still able to steal none existent diamonds...
    I have 7400 sitting uncollected and strangely enough they appear to be "safe".

I agree with RaylinaD an opt out button should be available to those of us who do not want to play PVP.

I also don't see the point in attacking other bases as are we all fighting for the same people ridding the world of "bad guys". Only to steal from each other. Where's the camaraderie.

speak for yourself duckmeat... I'm stupid lol.

on a final note how do I remove my account from the game? Is it as simple as uninstalling it or do I need to do something else?
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    2urtle wrote: »
    My vault is now empty and I will check back at some point to see if people are still able to steal none existent diamonds...
    I have 7400 sitting uncollected and strangely enough they appear to be "safe".

I agree with RaylinaD an opt out button should be available to those of us who do not want to play PVP.

I also don't see the point in attacking other bases as are we all fighting for the same people ridding the world of "bad guys". Only to steal from each other. Where's the camaraderie.

speak for yourself duckmeat... I'm stupid lol.

on a final note how do I remove my account from the game? Is it as simple as uninstalling it or do I need to do something else?

I don't think it is a good idea to have an opt-out button for those who do not want to play PvP.

Diamonds or gold are needed to upgrade our bases. Diamonds (and in-game cash) or gold are needed to upgrade our weapons. As you can see, diamonds are needed in either case. Diamonds are free and the only way to earn them are through PvP matches. It won't be fair if you can just play PvP matches to earn enough diamonds for upgrade and then just opt out of it.

Unless you have money to burn to buy gold, then PvP matches are needed as you can see.....
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    I don't think it is a good idea to have an opt-out button for those who do not want to play PvP.

Diamonds or gold are needed to upgrade our bases. Diamonds (and in-game cash) or gold are needed to upgrade our weapons. As you can see, diamonds are needed in either case. Diamonds are free and the only way to earn them are through PvP matches. It won't be fair if you can just play PvP matches to earn enough diamonds for upgrade and then just opt out of it.

Unless you have money to burn to buy gold, then PvP matches are needed as you can see.....

PVP matches are only with players who are off-line at the moment, opt-out wouldn't change that at all. Opt-out would allow players who need the parts to get them instead of having them syphoned off by players who already have the weapon and don't need the parts.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    That makes sense, and would make League events much better for all.
  • Options
    The opt-out would create more opportunities for weapons completion. Consider this weekends League competition: I am currently in 11th place on the Amazon platform, intending to finish in the top 90, but outside the top 10, playing only free energy credits. That will also qualify me for the Silver League, which will play for Eve parts, which I will, hopefully, already own. Since I will continue to play free energy credits (I am in desperate need of a Base upgrade), I will force those who need the parts to complete their weapon to spend money to get the placing to get the missing parts. Doesn't seem fair. Since I won't need the parts, I would like to opt-out and continue to play without depriving somebody else of the weapon that they worked all weekend to get.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Yeah opt out would be nice, but let us NOT forget that the entire game is built around PvP, so your gaming experience suffer's as a result. Periodic breaks from PvP, without the threat of losing your diamonds, would be great but ...

... what would players have to steal while they are competing? Stealing the spook's diamonds is a Glu

"Zero Sum Gain", so to speak. LOL
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    For me, this subject is just idle speculation. In the long list of things that Glu needs to fix, opt-out option is at the very bottom. While being attacked while off-line is frustrating to many, it is built into the fabric of the game and it is very hard to see that changing. On the other hand, clunky video, no drone weapons upgrades, aborted tournaments, impossible weapons completion, etc. could and should be fixed.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    For me, this subject is just idle speculation. In the long list of things that Glu needs to fix, opt-out option is at the very bottom. While being attacked while off-line is frustrating to many, it is built into the fabric of the game and it is very hard to see that changing. On the other hand, clunky video, no drone weapons upgrades, aborted tournaments, impossible weapons completion, etc. could and should be fixed.

What a concept ... software that actually worked the way it was intended? Kinda reminds me of Microsoft Windows ...
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    bradr752, I'd assume you mean you'd still like the milestones of league play - (some diamonds but 50 gold if you play the whole day), and just opt out of the prize.
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    Hear, hear! I also don't really like the PVP but have recently engaged in response to many attacks on my base. Other than leaving my pad on 24/7, I'd like an opt out button.
    The opt-out would create more opportunities for weapons completion. Consider this weekends League competition: I am currently in 11th place on the Amazon platform, intending to finish in the top 90, but outside the top 10, playing only free energy credits. That will also qualify me for the Silver League, which will play for Eve parts, which I will, hopefully, already own. Since I will continue to play free energy credits (I am in desperate need of a Base upgrade), I will force those who need the parts to complete their weapon to spend money to get the placing to get the missing parts. Doesn't seem fair. Since I won't need the parts, I would like to opt-out and continue to play without depriving somebody else of the weapon that they worked all weekend to get.

Bradr752,

What you're saying and what RaylinaD was saying were completely different things. RaylinaD doesn't want anything to do with PvP matches. The only reason she got involved with PvP matches was in response to the attacks on her base. What RaylinaD doesn't realize is that you need diamonds to upgrade your base and weapons - unless RaylinaD has some money that she doesn't mind parting ways with to buy gold for the upgrades...
  • Options
    BTW I installed the Amazon version on my nephew's tablet and he's having a helluva lot more fun than I am currently. I'm waiting for the inevitable "Uncle I Need Some Money" LMAO

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Bradr752,

What you're saying and what RaylinaD was saying were completely different things. RaylinaD doesn't want anything to do with PvP matches. The only reason she got involved with PvP matches was in response to the attacks on her base. What RaylinaD doesn't realize is that you need diamonds to upgrade your base and weapons - unless RaylinaD has some money that she doesn't mind parting ways with to buy gold for the upgrades...

You are right, of course. Once you start PVP, you are subject to attack. On the other hand, if you are no longer participating in PVP, why do you care if you diamonds are being stolen, you are doing Campaigns for game $. When a new campaign opens up you do get bonus Diamonds, but you will use those quite quickly to purchase weapons, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Options
    You are right, of course. Once you start PVP, you are subject to attack. On the other hand, if you are no longer participating in PVP, why do you care if you diamonds are being stolen, you are doing Campaigns for game $. When a new campaign opens up you do get bonus Diamonds, but you will use those quite quickly to purchase weapons, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I think it's the idea that something is being stolen and there's nothing they can do (rather willing to do) to stop it.
  • Options

Diamonds are free and the only way to earn them are through PvP matches. It won't be fair if you can just play PvP matches to earn enough diamonds for upgrade and then just opt out of it.

It's is funny how you think stealing from someone else is earning...

But the the opt out would be for those of us who have never playered a PVP match (apart from the one you have to take part in as an instructional process), and never want to play.

I have played the game up to level 77 my base is at tier6 (producing 1,240 diamonds/hr) I have 2.99M cash and 175 gold.without playing a PVP game or entering the league competition (as that appears to be the same thing).
    Therefore stealing is not the only way to progress without spending your own earned cash. Unless you go and steal someone elses cash that's the same as earning isn't it? lol.

I also have not paid any amount of real currency to continue the game I have what the game creators of today probably detest.... Patients. Plus not being competitive or having to be 1st probably helps.

the strangest thing has happened without collecting any diamonds my empty vault now has 358 diamonds in it I have been robbed of 1889 diamonds. I still have 7400 uncollected sitting there.

still no reply on how to remove myself from the game though.
  • Options

But the the opt out would be for those of us who have never playered a PVP match (apart from the one you have to take part in as an instructional process), and never want to play.

I have played the game up to level 77 my base is at tier6 (producing 1,240 diamonds/hr) I have 2.99M cash and 175 gold.without playing a PVP game or entering the league competition (as that appears to be the same thing).
    Therefore stealing is not the only way to progress without spending your own earned cash. Unless you go and steal someone elses cash that's the same as earning isn't it? lol.

I also have not paid any amount of real currency to continue the game I have what the game creators of today probably detest.... Patients. Plus not being competitive or having to be 1st probably helps.

the strangest thing has happened without collecting any diamonds my empty vault now has 358 diamonds in it I have been robbed of 1889 diamonds. I still have 7400 uncollected sitting there.

First of all, in real life, I do not think stealing anything from someone is funny. Not in a bit.

Second of all, why don't you grasp the reality that this is just a game. THIS IS JUST A GAME !! And this is how the game is set up. The game is now centered through PvP matches!! Once you're able to grasp that, then maybe, just maybe, you might be okay.

Diamonds are needed to upgrade your bases and weapons. In case you didn't know, Tier 10 Base Juliette takes almost 11M of diamonds to fully upgrade it. A heavy weapon such as a Bastet, which has a power rating of X10.5, takes about 3.5M of diamonds to fully upgrade it. A tesla such as a Narwhal has the same power rating of a Bastet takes the same amount of diamonds to fully upgrade it. Assault rifle such as Garmr and sniper rifle such as Eve, both of which have power rating of X10.5, take over 500K of diamonds and about 5M of in-game cash. Don't get me started with upgrading your support drone.

Where do you think you would get all those diamonds for upgrades? Your base will not produce enough diamonds fast enough as you need them.

Now there is a way how you can protect your diamonds. You can leave your device on all the time so nobody can attack you. Supposedly, nobody should be able to attack you while you're online. There have been complaints where players have been attacked while they were online. But a lot of things come into play when that happens - such as your connection, Glu's servers, etc.. Everybody's situation is different.

You also mentioned that you have not paid a single cent since you started playing this. So WHAT'S THE PROBLEM THEN??

Now say the following: THIS IS JUST A GAME !! THIS IS JUST A GAME !!

You just might be okay.....
  • Options

So you really want to remove yourself from the game?

How did you get yourself in the game anyway in the first place? You downloaded and installed the app, right? Then just uninstall it.

Want another option? Stop playing the game!!
  • Options

Well since the entire game is built around PvP, and as you stated you do not care to compete, you're only option therefor would be to not play the game at all, agreed?

You earn CASH by closing contracts, people can steal your diamonds ...

... like it or not, those are the rules.

BTW ... you can always seek revenge LOL
  • Options
    First of all, in real life, I do not think stealing anything from someone is funny. Not in a bit.

Second of all, why don't you grasp the reality that this is just a game. THIS IS JUST A GAME !! And this is how the game is set up. The game is now centered through PvP matches!! Once you're able to grasp that, then maybe, just maybe, you might be okay.

Diamonds are needed to upgrade your bases and weapons. In case you didn't know, Tier 10 Base Juliette takes almost 11M of diamonds to fully upgrade it. A heavy weapon such as a Bastet, which has a power rating of X10.5, takes about 3.5M of diamonds to fully upgrade it. A tesla such as a Narwhal has the same power rating of a Bastet takes the same amount of diamonds to fully upgrade it. Assault rifle such as Garmr and sniper rifle such as Eve, both of which have power rating of X10.5, take over 500K of diamonds and about 5M of in-game cash. Don't get me started with upgrading your support drone.

Where do you think you would get all those diamonds for upgrades? Your base will not produce enough diamonds fast enough as you need them.

Now there is a way how you can protect your diamonds. You can leave your device on all the time so nobody can attack you. Supposedly, nobody should be able to attack you while you're online. There have been complaints where players have been attacked while they were online. But a lot of things come into play when that happens - such as your connection, Glu's servers, etc.. Everybody's situation is different.

You also mentioned that you have not paid a single cent since you started playing this. So WHAT'S THE PROBLEM THEN??

Now say the following: THIS IS JUST A GAME !! THIS IS JUST A GAME !!

You just might be okay.....

ooh that touched a spot ... just so you know LOL does NOT mean lots of love. I was joking.
    nice long rant though.. I read every word with a smile on my face cause you got wound up over A GAME.

I believe if I was to unistall the game and later reinstall it all my previous funds etc would still be there. So therefore not removed from the game.

If you had read my original post and inwardly digested it I have stopped playing the game.
  • Options
    ooh that touched a spot ... just so you know LOL does NOT mean lots of love. I was joking.
    nice long rant though.. I read every word with a smile on my face cause you got wound up over A GAME.

I believe if I was to unistall the game and later reinstall it all my previous funds etc would still be there. So therefore not removed from the game.

If you had read my original post and inwardly digested it I have stopped playing the game.

It's not a rant. Just stating the truth and the facts.

Anyway, why would you reinstall the game again? It would be the same ^@*&%$ game that you didn't like in the first place. Then you really have a ^@*&%$ problem.

Since you won't be playing the game anymore, stop trolling the forum!!

And by the way, I forgot to say ..... LOL