Out of control

Crazy4DaRiverCrazy4DaRiver Registered Users 7 Posts
Seeing you have decided to allow global chat, you REALLY need moderators.
Kids are bombing global. Cursing because they can so far. Paying members are leaving and you are becoming a joke over this game.
What is more important as a company? Keep kids that insult and curse at lv 1-5 or keeping adults with credit cards?
Noname <----player name

Comments

• fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts
    Seeing you have decided to allow global chat, you REALLY need moderators.
    Kids are bombing global. Cursing because they can so far. Paying members are leaving and you are becoming a joke over this game.
    What is more important as a company? Keep kids that insult and curse at lv 1-5 or keeping adults with credit cards?
    Noname <----player name

Glu don't care about either one dumb dumb.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Global chat, particularly on Amazon is just horrifying. It is vulgar, insulting and just plain stupid. Fortunately, my clan chat is smart, fun and positive.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Global chat, particularly on Amazon is just horrifying. It is vulgar, insulting and just plain stupid. Fortunately, my clan chat is smart, fun and positive.

This game is rated 17+ and up. Stop being so oversensitive.

I am not offended by the language on the chat, though I do find the use of four letter words to be less interesting than many who contribute regularly to the chatroom. I am sensitive to, and offending by, the vicious, ugly and degrading comments that have been made about women on the chat in the last few days.

It is not "oversensitive" to find offense in attacks against women.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I've never used the chat feature ... 'vicious' and 'degrading' ??? Come on Glu, surely you can bounce these idiots ...
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Sad day to see peoplw trying to silence free speech.

It's an even sadder day when people must use 'vicious' and 'degrading' comments to express themselves, don't you think?

Besides if you were to try to use vulgar language in this forum, it would instantly be edited out, so why not the game itself?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If they don't have time to fix the program, and remove spamers from this site, I doubt they will monitor the endless diarrhea that these children call communication. Whenever I open up the chat to see what my clan is discussing, it's obvious when I'm on the wrong tab. Just shake your head and move on.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    It's an even sadder day when people must use 'vicious' and 'degrading' comments to express themselves, don't you think?

Besides if you were to try to use vulgar language in this forum, it would instantly be edited out, so why not the game itself?

Not really, if you can't handle a little insult once in a while, you shouldn't be on the internet. Out of all the stupid problems we have to deal with, you go after the most insignificant one. The drones are lagging the game, certain players can't purchase weapons for in game cash, matching system is terribad. Yes, out of all those critical issues, we should stop a bunch of kids trying to act cool. Wow!
    Not really, if you can't handle a little insult once in a while, you shouldn't be on the internet. Out of all the stupid problems we have to deal with, you go after the most insignificant one. The drones are lagging the game, certain players can't purchase weapons for in game cash, matching system is terribad. Yes, out of all those critical issues, we should stop a bunch of kids trying to act cool. Wow!

Listen it's not me who was offended, started this thread or stated there was vicious and degrading comments made towards women. I simply stated that it was inappropriate and should be halted ... don't get your panties in such a bunch LOL

Let me describe the interchange that I accidental was witness to over the weekend and tell me if you think it is valid free speech:

A bunch of what I believe to be boys were making rude remarks about women and how they didn't belong on gaming forums. Someone replied that they were a girl and that they played the game. Someone asked how old she was and she said she was 13. Posters them bombarded her with a series of the most obscene and violent sexual remarks. Valid exercise of free speech? I don't think so. In fact I think it was hate speech in violation of both state and Federal law.

What people don't understand about the First Amendment is that it generally prohibits what is called "prior restraint" which is preventing anyone in advance from speaking. What it does not do is require me to listen to them. You notice, I have not advocated prior restaint, I have only advocated avoiding them entirely.

The First Amendment does not protect speech that suggests sexual violence towards children. Anywhere but on the internet, it would be prosecuted.
    Let me describe the interchange that I accidental was witness to over the weekend and tell me if you think it is valid free speech:

A bunch of what I believe to be boys were making rude remarks about women and how they didn't belong on gaming forums. Someone replied that they were a girl and that they played the game. Someone asked how old she was and she said she was 13. Posters them bombarded her with a series of the most obscene and violent sexual remarks. Valid exercise of free speech? I don't think so. In fact I think it was hate speech in violation of both state and Federal law.

You just said that the girl was 13. This game is rated 17+ and older. She shouldn't be playing in the first place. I betcha that so called "13" year old was a guy pretending to be a girl. Stop over reacting.
    You just said that the girl was 13. This game is rated 17+ and older. She shouldn't be playing in the first place. I betcha that so called "13" year old was a guy pretending to be a girl. Stop over reacting.

Do you really think everyone playing this game is 17?
    Do you really think everyone playing this game is 17?

Don't bother man, I once had a college professor who stated "extreme liberalism is a mental defect" ...
    ... now I know what she was referring to.
  • Crazy4DaRiverCrazy4DaRiver Registered Users 7 Posts

RECOMMENDED age range. (So I have heard but have yet to actually see) No proof of such.
    I have worked as a programmer, Developer, IT Admin, Data Base Admin and unpaid as a moderator that just played for large companies.
    The rules for mods were simple: you could not be in what here would be considered a "clan." You had to run solo so as not to help your "clan" by removing your toughest enemies. Two mods had to agree on a suspension that would last 30 days. If the acts continued, it was a BAN from that game.

Realistically the ones doing all the cussing and insults are just kids so a warning by a MOD or DEV is usually enough to stop it. Seeing no one regulates it kids do so all day long and people are leaving

Depends on what Country you play from. Free Speech is not everywhere but the www is.

What people don't understand about the First Amendment is that it generally prohibits what is called "prior restraint" which is preventing anyone in advance from speaking. What it does not do is require me to listen to them. You notice, I have not advocated prior restaint, I have only advocated avoiding them entirely.

The First Amendment does not protect speech that suggests sexual violence towards children. Anywhere but on the internet, it would be prosecuted.

I was in the room when this happened. I can verify this statement
    Obviously, those responding here are adults with a brain and a vocabulary.
    Lets jump on the freedom of speech bandwagon for a minute....Can you do that or get away with it at work? (Not unless you work for yourself at your own company with an employee force of one!)
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    The diatribe let's call it drivel on global chat is a real turn off pity as there's valid info pops up on occasion
    ( + )