Options

Gut Check Time My Friends and Fellow Warriors

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Reality is starting to set in man ... we try to compete and keep pace with computer generated opponents who hit the battle field fully armed and armored and what do we have? ... defensive features that do not work or at best take forever and a fortune to construct. What's the point ???

I love gaming ... I really do and always have ... but this? I don't know what this is. It certainly isn't the gaming I am accustomed to. How can one enjoy a beautiful game like CKS, and make no mistake, at it's core is a true work of art and software engineering, but the joy meter has finally flat lined. This, whatever it is, has taken on a life of it's own and I see no point in playing against computer generated opponents that have, in less than a day, fully equipped TIER 11 Defenses and Drones.

In the very least these computer generated opponents with defenses that the players cannot hope to match let alone defeat, MUST be suspended There is a Global starting in just hours and this is a complete train wreck.

NO JOY !!!
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Reality is starting to set in man ... we try to compete and keep pace with computer generated opponents who hit the battle field fully armed and armored and what do we have? ... defensive features that do not work or at best take forever and a fortune to construct. What's the point ???

I love gaming ... I really do and always have ... but this? I don't know what this is. It certainly isn't the gaming I am accustomed to. How can one enjoy a beautiful game like CKS, and make no mistake, at it's core is a true work of art and software engineering, but the joy meter has finally flat lined. This, whatever it is, has taken on a life of it's own and I see no point in playing against computer generated opponents that have, in less than a day, fully equipped TIER 11 Defenses and Drones.

In the very least these computer generated opponents with defenses that the players cannot hope to match let alone defeat, MUST be suspended There is a Global starting in just hours and this is a complete train wreck.

NO JOY !!!

I feel the same as you do and that's exactly why I haven't spent a single cent on this game. I realized in December that this game was still in the Alpha stage and it's been 3 months since I came back, it's still in Alpha. This game is time consuming and fun when you have nothing better to do. I honestly believe that if you spend money on this game, you're either really rich or down right stupid. How can you give money to a game that consistently bends you over backwards and screws you?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Scorpion, you already know I share your frustrations. Everything that was wonderful about the game has been destroyed by Glu. The flawless video that made this a standout is now horrible. The attention to the game is near zero. The expense was tolerable when the game was good, but now it is not.

Two things keep me in this game: Number 1: The chat in the clans that I am in: Elites on IOS and Suddendeath on Amazon. The are great guys with amazing dedication and love for the game.

Number 2: You and a handful of others on this forum who care about the game and think about how to make it better. I look forward to every one of your posts and my enjoyment of the game would diminish if you moved on. Keep fighting the good fight! It is just a game, it is just a stupid game, but it is the love of the game that makes our species unique.

Besides, you will feel better once you have a real Heavy.
  • Options
    You know it's not the money, if it was I wouldn't be playing. Here's an example ... I thought (I have a post about this) the spook hiding under the catwalk was a game time glitch. I've seen this before in other games enemies getting stuck in the floor, for example. Recently I went up against a 96k/369k spook. I'm fighting like hell and looking for the kill shot and I keep noticing that 369k drone going up to the balcony, firing and coming back down. Twice I bait the dummy to take a shot at me and then move away once there's a missile lock. This always (before today) resulted in a clean kill shot at the spook, but not this time. I finally realized with 2 minutes remaining that the spook was never part of the battle, he had been hiding right under my feet (catwalk) all the time ... right from the beginning. Once it's kinda funny, twice it's getting to be an annoyance, during PvP with a 169 win streak in the balance ... well you get the idea.

Put another way, if I paid 80 bucks for an XBOX game and it was riddled with all of these bugs, it would be back in the store before the DVD cooled off.

Let's see how the Global PvP starts to play out ... besides I still want that HEAVY.
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    For me the way the game has changed since I started playing has taken most of the fun out of it. It's become a chore just to keep up. I'm not going to spend the real money needed to compete in a global event so I don't even seriously try anymore. I'm basically just playing the weekly events for the 50 gold a night. The automatic jump to level 100 cost me 50 gold too. Since I just play on my iPhone I can't stay logged in continuously and really can't accumulate the diamonds I need without them getting stolen. I'm basically stuck at the place in at. Guess the only real reason I still play at all is I did really enjoy it in the beginning and I've gotten pretty far along to just give up. I just keep hoping it'll get back more like it was. Challenging but still fun. Now it's gotten impossible with the defense levels and useless drones. I think all those parts are eating up the memory on my phone too. That's a glitch they need to fix like yesterday.
  • Options
    You know it's not the money, if it was I wouldn't be playing. Here's an example ... I thought (I have a post about this) the spook hiding under the catwalk was a game time glitch. I've seen this before in other games enemies getting stuck in the floor, for example. Recently I went up against a 96k/369k spook. I'm fighting like hell and looking for the kill shot and I keep noticing that 369k drone going up to the balcony, firing and coming back down. Twice I bait the dummy to take a shot at me and then move away once there's a missile lock. This always (before today) resulted in a clean kill shot at the spook, but not this time. I finally realized with 2 minutes remaining that the spook was never part of the battle, he had been hiding right under my feet (catwalk) all the time ... right from the beginning. Once it's kinda funny, twice it's getting to be an annoyance, during PvP with a 169 win streak in the balance ... well you get the idea.

Put another way, if I paid 80 bucks for an XBOX game and it was riddled with all of these bugs, it would be back in the store before the DVD cooled off.

Let's see how the Global PvP starts to play out ... besides I still want that HEAVY.

I always tell myself, why should I spend real life money on virtual guns if you can spend it on a real one? I'm pretty sure that the amount of money you wasted on this game could have bought you a real life gun.
  • Options
    Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    Well, dear SCORPION, until finally you realize !!! It was time they understood that Glu and his entourage, are doing the impossible, for, home again, get the game "uphill" and each sees more, let us surprised with such implausible details. We must understand that the path that is : take away more privileges and more obstacles get in the game No, if it can be the vision of Glu, what should be his idea of ​​a game that provides a good income, or has been misinformed, but a. hard, you want the game to become more additive to the force, imposing his judgment and his style
  • Options
    Chipp116 wrote: »
    Well, dear SCORPION, until finally you realize !!! It was time they understood that Glu and his entourage, are doing the impossible, for, home again, get the game "uphill" and each sees more, let us surprised with such implausible details. We must understand that the path that is : take away more privileges and more obstacles get in the game No, if it can be the vision of Glu, what should be his idea of ​​a game that provides a good income, or has been misinformed, but a. hard, you want the game to become more additive to the force, imposing his judgment and his style

I see there is a poet amongst us !!! Hear ... Hear ... I see Gentlemen speak here under great disadvantage ...

... OK enough

It's a poorly managed, poorly coded and poorly designed software development project and nothing more.

When it's working, which from what you're all telling me it never has; it should be a game you can enjoy regardless of the cost in time or money. That's a personal decision, the same decisions we make everyday spend $15 to see a movie, $40 to play a game, $100 to watch a prize fight, or bet $300 on a race horse, whatever.

It's entertainment ... I am not being entertained ... it really IS that simple !!!
  • Options
    I see there is a poet amongst us !!! Hear ... Hear ... I see Gentlemen speak here under great disadvantage ...

... OK enough

It's a poorly managed, poorly coded and poorly designed software development project and nothing more.

When it's working, which from what you're all telling me it never has; it should be a game you can enjoy regardless of the cost in time or money. That's a personal decision, the same decisions we make everyday spend $15 to see a movie, $40 to play a game, $100 to watch a prize fight, or bet $300 on a race horse, whatever.

It's entertainment ... I am not being entertained ... it really IS that simple !!!

I am with you. I have lost the joy of the game. The endless glitches, the cost, the brain dead repitition of the same predictable contests against predictable robots. Forget that its buggy, it has just gotten boring. After reading your post I decided that the time has come for me to move on. I am shutting down my play on the Amazon platform, and am only continuing to play on IOS to see if my attitude improves.

I feel better already.
  • Options
    I always tell myself, why should I spend real life money on virtual guns if you can spend it on a real one? I'm pretty sure that the amount of money you wasted on this game could have bought you a real life gun.

Well ..... it's like spending $75 to see a Beyonce concert; you don't expect to go home with her (maybe YOU do). It's entertainment and there is no intrinsic value in entertainment.

I'm NO LONGER being entertained ... simple !!!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am with you. I have lost the joy of the game. The endless glitches, the cost, the brain dead repitition of the same predictable contests against predictable robots. Forget that its buggy, it has just gotten boring. After reading your post I decided that the time has come for me to move on. I am shutting down my play on the Amazon platform, and am only continuing to play on IOS to see if my attitude improves.

I feel better already.

Glad you're feeling better LOL I grabbed the SETH. So now I'll compete for the 11.5 HEAVY with no GOLD; trying to squeeze a little entertainment and fun out of this Rembrandt masterpiece.

You know, the horrible graphics alone is reason enough to stop playing. CKS 2 was as smooth as silk, this release is like trying to ice skate on concrete.

On a side note, MERCS are now taking cover under desks and firing LMAO I had to follow the muzzle flash to find and take out the little bugger.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    A final comment and I'm going to let this sit for awhile. I'm going to cruise through the current PvP cycle without spending any GOLD, win my weapon as usual and see how GLU responds to the plethora of problems with release 3.0.

Contrary to popular speculation, this release was not designed to "screw" their customers, for Glu has heavily invested in the version 3.0 product; probably more than we realize. Someone once posted a graphic of revenues derived from CKS 2.0 and, if I'm not mistaken, it was in the neighborhood of 4-5 million dollars. Any profits that were realized were undoubtedly reinvested in the development of CKS 3.0 ... i would be surprised to learn that they're breaking even on this one.

So ... as with any failed software release you have only two possible courses of action (1) you fix the problems before it's too late (2) you essentially "gut" the current release, determine and retain that which is working then retrofit it into CKS 2.0 and release it as CKS 3.01.

It's time to go into "damage control" mode OR kill the project entirely, Mr. CEO.

That which does NOT work: first determine if it's a feature your customers want OR need and promises a reasonable ROI. If it's NOT then trash it. If it IS then redesign it better and get it right. Now this all assumes that someone is actually managing this project, knows what they're doing and hasn't been promoted beyond their level of competence.

But again ... I will NOT hold my breath.
  • Options
    The horrifying glitches and bug aside, there are two things that are driving me away from the game. The first is the video issue which you mention. The second is the repetitive nature of the PVP play. There are only 3 short scenarios and really just 2 variations on a single long scenario. I have done them and done them. It has gotten tedious. The drones add a challenge, but they don't add interest to the scenario. And drone degrade the video beyond hope.

Neither version 3.0 or the latest campaigns offer anything new in terms of actual play scenarios. They create a new region and populate it with the same old scenery.
  • Options
    The horrifying glitches and bug aside, there are two things that are driving me away from the game. The first is the video issue which you mention. The second is the repetitive nature of the PVP play. There are only 3 short scenarios and really just 2 variations on a single long scenario. I have done them and done them. It has gotten tedious. The drones add a challenge, but they don't add interest to the scenario. And drone degrade the video beyond hope.

Neither version 3.0 or the latest campaigns offer anything new in terms of actual play scenarios. They create a new region and populate it with the same old scenery.

I agree ... they would be better served to concentrate on NEW game maps and scenarios rather than create NEW features (many flawed) but basically a new twist on old ideas. It's as if they're stuck on a hamster treadmill. It is really sad that a beautiful, visual experience, is ruined by resource hungry special effects that are of no interest to anybody. Sort of like watching a great movie with no audio. LOL
  • Options
    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post

If pvp match up weapon strength based where's incentive to go for next best thing? I'm upgrading base as health level requires med kits to win pvp
    Well ... There you have it ... without the incentive to move forward, then the premise for playing the game is non-existent. So the obvious is now the inevitable. The GLU FACTORY in all of their infinite wisdom has effectively "bitten off" the hands that feed them.

It really is bizarre !!! In what universe does getting a better weapon make it harder to WIN? It may not have been their intention, however, it is the result when software bugs, degrading graphics and defense tiers converge. The "misguided" notion that someone with a 2.0 weapon should be able to compete in PvP is driven by greed, pure and simple.

GLU has exactly until the next upgrade release to demonstrate that they are, in fact, working towards resolving these issues.

If they release yet another round of this buggy software, they might as well shut it down because nobody will be playing ...

... at least I won't be playing !!!

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    You are preaching to the choir on a Sunday morning!
  • Options
    You are preaching to the choir on a Sunday morning!

Of course ... what else is there to do on a Sunday? LOL Gotta remind these GLUTONS every week or so that we're STILL ****ED OFF.
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts

I feel better already.

I hear you bradr.To me this was a fun game before the bugs and glitches.I now realize that no matter what it will always be an uphill climb so maybe my vacation this past week really helped me out.I will be stopping the
    Merry go round of rinse and repeat with the upcoming 11.5 Tesla war.
    I will continue to play but will not be seeking newer better bases,guns in the future.I will probably roll to 100 Mon-Wed for the 50 gold and save it to finish my base 11 upgrades and just have fun playing for a change.
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Merc316 wrote: »
    I will continue to play but will not be seeking newer better bases,guns in the future.I will probably roll to 100 Mon-Wed for the 50 gold and save it to finish my base 11 upgrades and just have fun playing for a change.

This has been my philosophy for awhile now, just play for gold or when I'm bored. The inevitable "resynchronization" that kills win streaks, the ridiculous amount of diamonds needed for upgrades, and all the other bugs are too difficult to overcome without getting super frustrated. Plus the "reward" of fighting against unbeatable defenses when you win new weapons that take forever to upgrade (I only play free) Now if I can just figure out what's going on with how the bronze league prizes get decided...
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I'm questioning bothering with next tesla global as pvp will be that much harder to win
    ( + )
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I'm questioning bothering with next tesla global as pvp will be that much harder to win

Base 11 is very close to my max difficulty level. New tesla will help with that, but when Base 12 comes out with near impossible to win short mission, and no significant increase in diamond payouts, it will be time for me to get off this merry-go-round.

Tier 11 upgrades are out of the question without paying money, and that makes it no fun for me. Wife and Grandkids deserve my money, not a spiraling out of control game with so many pifalls, bugs and poor program management.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Base 11 is very close to my max difficulty level. New tesla will help with that, but when Base 12 comes out with near impossible to win short mission, and no significant increase in diamond payouts, it will be time for me to get off this merry-go-round.

Tier 11 upgrades are out of the question without paying money, and that makes it no fun for me. Wife and Grandkids deserve my money, not a spiraling out of control game with so many pifalls, bugs and poor program management.

You should have realized that the moment you logged on.
  • Options

Absolutely agree with you ... at present LONG battles are winnable using 10.5 TESLA with a TIER 10 DEFENSE, why upset the apple cart and bring on another headache. The same logic goes for SNIPERS. The next attractive Global "might" be the HEAVIES, but if the TIER 12s come out, what's the point?

Playing for free is the only sane option ... KUDOS ANGELS ... not playing at all is becoming more attractive by the week LOL
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Absolutely agree with you ... at present LONG battles are winnable using 10.5 TESLA with a TIER 10 DEFENSE, why upset the apple cart and bring on another headache. The same logic goes for SNIPERS. The next attractive Global "might" be the HEAVIES, but if the TIER 12s come out, what's the point?

Playing for free is the only sane option ... KUDOS ANGELS ... not playing at all is becoming more attractive by the week LOL

I agree also. I am currently a Tier 10 Base (58.88K). Economy and player health is maxed, sniper and guard have not been upgraded. I have a maxed 9.5 ECLIPSE (78.72K) and I am routinely matched against Tier 10 Bases (53.1K-55.36K). Generally, all are wins without having to use a medkit. So far, my base upgrades and my drone upgrade do not seem to impact the level of Tier 10 Base that I draw.

For short range battles, I have 10.5 BASTET Heavy (123.39K). If I draw a Tier 11 Base, it is almost a guaranteed loss. My BASTET has the first three upgrade levels completed. It,will be interesting to see what difference additional up grades make.

However, if I start being matched against Tier 12 defense, I, too, think that I will be forced to stop playing. I have already stopped buying gold, which has cut my playing time in half.