Options

Bought big guns - PVP no longer viable?

StriderDoomStriderDoom Registered Users 3 Posts
I spent gold on huge guns and now my attack power is way out of sync with my health, so I can't pvp for diamonds. Switching to worse weapons doesn't change my attack power so I'm still match maked with people out of my league. Any ideas or am I screwed to wait for base-generated diamonds ?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah punishing us for spending $$ seems really silly. Hopoefully Glu addresses this soon or offers a refund or something.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I spent gold on huge guns and now my attack power is way out of sync with my health, so I can't pvp for diamonds. Switching to worse weapons doesn't change my attack power so I'm still match maked with people out of my league. Any ideas or am I screwed to wait for base-generated diamonds ?

I think the problem is the type of weapon, whether it is a primary and whether you have another secondary in the same class. I always recommend players complete their missions BEFORE they attempt PvP. Enough of that here are a few explanations, if it's of any help :-)

SNIPER and ASSAULT are considered PRIMARY weapons
    TESLA and HEAVY are SECONDARY.

Your health is based on DEFENSE TIER. Each time you complete a campaign, usually you're winning enough to gradually upgrade your base defense, i.e. TIER 1, TIER 2 ... TIER 11. There are some upgrades in your base defense that directly affect your health. It's not stated anywhere, I know, but your weapon power should be as close as possible to your defense power. If your primary weapon is rated at 10, then you should have a defense tier at 9,10,11.

When someone STEALS your diamonds repeatedly, it's not because they are skillful killers or have vastly superior weaponry, it's a signal that your DEFENSE is weak.

Once you own the weapon, the system takes that into consideration for matchups whether you're actually using it or not. Essentially you told the "system" I am ready for better, meaner opponents ... bring it on ... OK but what if you get hit? That's why you're seeing the warning.

All is not lost however and the weapon will come into play ... later.

Tell me exactly what your weapon inventory is so I can give the best advice I can.

Glu will tell you ALL SALES ARE FINAL ... translation don't buy anything unless you know what you're doing ... it sucks, I know believe me AND I know what you were thinking based on your PvP experience, you said I need a better weapon and I'll WIN even more. That IS true, but only partially ... you neglected to consider DEFENSE ... costly mistake but WE SHALL OVERCOME ...

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    arwaarwa Registered Users 17 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I think the problem is the type of weapon
    *** SMILES ***

can u chk my post plz ?
  • Options
    arwa wrote: »
    can u chk my post plz ?

For you: A 10.5 SNIPER and a 6.0 ASSAULT ...

Do you have any SECONDARY weapons? If so what are they?
    What is your BASE DEFENSE TIER LEVEL?
    What level are you at in campaign missions ... I get the impression your in early stages maybe at level 40, 50 or 60?
  • Options
    arwaarwa Registered Users 17 Posts
    For you: A 10.5 SNIPER and a 6.0 ASSAULT ...

Do you have any SECONDARY weapons? If so what are they?
    What is your BASE DEFENSE TIER LEVEL?
    What level are you at in campaign missions ... I get the impression your in early stages maybe at level 40, 50 or 60?

no
    tier 5 2220
    =
    why the game show the long range as weak and offer to the short range combat the hardest player and to the long range combat low level ?
  • Options
    arwa wrote: »
    no
    tier 5 2220
    =
    why the game show the long range as weak and offer to the short range combat the hardest player and to the long range combat low level ?

I'll try to keep it simple since your relatively new to the game.

First off, you did something that few players do. You grabbed a current weapon and you're only half way through the campaigns. The good news is you will never need another SNIPER rifle ... ever.

(1) You're getting that LONG battle warming because your BASE DEFENSE is inadequate. This has two downsides players will rob you blind of diamonds easily and secondly if you go up against a TIER 9 or 10 defense, it's gonna hurt because your health is at level 6.

(2) That opponent you were matched against is a computer generated phantom (I call them spooks). When the gaming engine cannot find an evenly matched opponent it generates the highest rated, maximum level opponent possible. With your defense you won't stand a chance, as you already have seen. FIND NEXT usually finds a better opponent for you and sometimes it takes several tries. For you, it simply cannot find an opponent that matches given your weapons and defense level.

So how do you fix it? The only option for you at this point is to complete enough campaigns to level up to 80-90 and construct a BASE TIER (fully upgraded) 8-9. I would say play up to THE UNCHOSEN and stop. Then start upgrading your weapons.

I recommend you pick up a good TESLA and HEAVY when you can ... these are the weapons of choice for winning PvP.

A final note. You will need a better ASSAULT weapon to finish enough campaigns to give PvP a try so I would pick one up for IN GAME cash. Check the store for specials, one will pop up for ya. Look for a 10 or better so you won't need to buy one again. It's too late for the SNIPER, but SNIPERS and ASSAULTS can be obtained for free if you have enough cash.
  • Options
    I'll try to keep it simple since your relatively new to the game.

First off, you did something that few players do. You grabbed a current weapon and you're only half way through the campaigns. The good news is you will never need another SNIPER rifle ... ever.

(1) You're getting that LONG battle warming because your BASE DEFENSE is inadequate. This has two downsides players will rob you blind of diamonds easily and secondly if you go up against a TIER 9 or 10 defense, it's gonna hurt because your health is at level 6.

(2) That opponent you were matched against is a computer generated phantom (I call them spooks). When the gaming engine cannot find an evenly matched opponent it generates the highest rated, maximum level opponent possible. With your defense you won't stand a chance, as you already have seen. FIND NEXT usually finds a better opponent for you and sometimes it takes several tries. For you, it simply cannot find an opponent that matches given your weapons and defense level.

So how do you fix it? The only option for you at this point is to complete enough campaigns to level up to 80-90 and construct a BASE TIER (fully upgraded) 8-9. I would say play up to THE UNCHOSEN and stop. Then start upgrading your weapons.

I recommend you pick up a good TESLA and HEAVY when you can ... these are the weapons of choice for winning PvP.

A final note. You will need a better ASSAULT weapon to finish enough campaigns to give PvP a try so I would pick one up for IN GAME cash. Check the store for specials, one will pop up for ya. Look for a 10 or better so you won't need to buy one again. It's too late for the SNIPER, but SNIPERS and ASSAULTS can be obtained for free if you have enough cash.

Unless I'm mistaken you don't get diamonds from campaign; so how am I supposed to level up base tier (which costs diamonds) by advancing in the campaign?
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Heavy trials and tesla trials award diamonds in campaign
    ( + )
  • Options
    Used to be a tapped out tesla was king now your base defence plays a part in pvp wish I'd got the memo on that one...
    ( + )
  • Options
    Used to be a tapped out tesla was king now your base defence plays a part in pvp wish I'd got the memo on that one...

Yes this is true ... Like an 800 lb. Gorilla Blasting Away At Rabbits ... the good old days long gone now ... LOL ... but be honest, if you had a max'd out 10,5 TESLA on CKS 2.0 you would be crying from boredom about now *** SMILES ***

BUT a 10.5 does come close against 11.0 defense ... you just have to take that head shot; no more "broad side of a barn type kills".
  • Options
    It does keep the challenge going that's very true
    ( + )