Base Level Juliet Tier 11

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
I have one for you: I just upgraded to Level 11, Base Juliet. I now am looking at the usual matrix of boxes for upgrades. Level 1 Base Economy Level requires 1.31 M Diamonds for the upgrade. My vault hold 819.K max, which means that I cannot upgrade at all unless I pony up 245 Gold as the alternative. The price to upgrade the other base elements, player health, sentry and guard is 1.51 M Diamonds or 315 Gold, also unreachable with Gold.

My question is: How I a expected to upgrade when the price of the upgrade is larger than the size of my vault. Glu may have finally talked me into moving on.

Comments

• Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    It's an obvious glitch. Other players have been posting this issue all over the boards and in chat as well. Maybe an intentional one to see how many players will spend $$$ to upgrade their bases. With GLU who knows anything anymore......
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    It's an obvious glitch. Other players have been posting this issue all over the boards and in chat as well. Maybe an intentional one to see how many players will spend $$$ to upgrade their bases. With GLU who knows anything anymore......

It has to be a glitch, but the parade of "glitches" just goes on and on. I am so disgusted with their lack of commitment to this game.
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    i just discovered this as well... this is ****

it's almost as if GLU wants people to move on from their products :mad:
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    i just discovered this as well... this is ****

it's almost as if GLU wants people to move on from their products :mad:

They have talked me into it. I have loved this game, but I am so close to done with it.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If you gotta pay to play, guess what?

It's one thing to have a choice. It's entirely different when there's no choice.
  • saturnringsaturnring Registered Users 43 Posts
    maybe its not a mistake.. maybe GLU wants us to update base economy wid gold first, increase the production to reqd amounts and den upgrade the rest of it wid diamonds..
    Here is an update on Tier 11 upgrade. I used gold to increase Base Economy, hoping to increase Vault size enough to do the remaining upgrades with Diamonds. That cost about 600 Gold. My vault size increased onliy to 833.1 K, not enough to help. Now the good news: My Diamond production increased to a staggering 497.82 K per hour! My holding area only hold 68.8 K so I need to empty it every 8 minutes. My Vault fills completely in 1 hr and 40 minutes, so it will require my regular attention, and I can't use the Diamonds for Base upgrade, but my Drone upgrade program is flying.I should be able to upgrade the Drone at the rate of one Level per hour. this is clearly an error, but for once it is in the player's favor. Gotta go, Vault is full.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Here is an update on Tier 11 upgrade. I used gold to increase Base Economy, hoping to increase Vault size enough to do the remaining upgrades with Diamonds. That cost about 600 Gold. My vault size increased onliy to 833.1 K, not enough to help. Now the good news: My Diamond production increased to a staggering 497.82 K per hour! My holding area only hold 68.8 K so I need to empty it every 8 minutes. My Vault fills completely in 1 hr and 40 minutes, so it will require my regular attention, and I can't use the Diamonds for Base upgrade, but my Drone upgrade program is flying.I should be able to upgrade the Drone at the rate of one Level per hour. this is clearly an error, but for once it is in the player's favor. Gotta go, Vault is full.

So Bradr752 refresh my memory ... aside being able to collect and stash more diamonds in my vault, exactly WHY are we building these bases??? A valid and justifiable reason is escaping me at the moment LOL
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    So Bradr752 refresh my memory ... aside being able to collect and stash more diamonds in my vault, exactly WHY are we building these bases??? A valid and justifiable reason is escaping me at the moment LOL

You have to upgrade to Level 11 so that when they offer Level 12 you will be eligible to upgrade again. LOL

Scorpion I am getting 0.5 M diamonds an hour right now! huge glitch by GLU
    You have to upgrade to Level 11 so that when they offer Level 12 you will be eligible to upgrade again. LOL

Scorpion I am getting 0.5 M diamonds an hour right now! huge glitch by GLU

Oh hell ... that's it ... Guess what I just fought a LEVEL 92k DEFENSE (I think) ... took 2 medkits and it was a LONG battle.

Did you say 500,000 an hour? How the hell did you manage that ???
    Oh hell ... that's it ... Guess what I just fought a LEVEL 92k DEFENSE (I think) ... took 2 medkits and it was a LONG battle.

Level 11 with a drone are going to be a real headache. For now, I am hitting the Find New Opponent button but that will get less and less effective as everybody upgrades. Though, with upgrades only for gold maybe there won't be se many.
    Level 11 with a drone are going to be a real headache. For now, I am hitting the Find New Opponent button but that will get less and less effective as everybody upgrades. Though, with upgrades only for gold maybe there won't be se many.

Yes Sir ... plenty and plenty of MedKits is the only way to compete (seriously) now ... unless you're a 12yo girl LMAO

I'll start off with 100 medkits next Global and see how far that goes. My usual 1,000 BARS of GOLD is in play ... I WANT that HEAVY !!! and these League Events (3 Days) are wearing me out. I start my work week on Tuesdays so my goal has always been to wrap this up on Mondays, if I can.
    Yes Sir ... plenty and plenty of MedKits is the only way to compete (seriously) now ... unless you're a 12yo girl LMAO

I'll start off with 100 medkits next Global and see how far that goes. My usual 1,000 BARS of GOLD is in play ... I WANT that HEAVY !!! and These League Events (3 Days) is wearing me out. I start my work week on Tuesdays so my goal has always been to wrap this up on Mondays, if I can.

100 Medkits, thats 560 Gold. Glu will be so happy. I wish I had bought more when the were half price, I bought a bunch, but at the time I wasn't using that many, so i didn't stock up.
    100 Medkits, thats 560 Gold. Glu will be so happy. I wish I had bought more when the were half price, I bought a bunch, but at the time I wasn't using that many, so i didn't stock up.

I know roughly $20 just on medkits ... I've been stock piling them here and there; I've got about 40 now AND it's cutting into my match GOLD reserve of 1,000. I have noticed that I don't need as much for matches since the harder the battles get, the fewer players there are to contend with ...

... we shall see *** SMILES *** but that HEAVY is the key to my future; without one I have no future.

The real key is to stay alive long enough for the kill shot ... keeping that win streak alive.
    I know roughly $20 just on medkits ... I've been stock piling them here and there; I've got about 40 now AND it's cutting into my match GOLD reserve of 1,000. I have noticed that I don't need as much for matches since the harder the battles get, the fewer players there are to contend with ...

... we shall see *** SMILES *** but that HEAVY is the key to my future; without one I have no future.

The real key is to stay alive long enough for the kill shot ... keeping that win streak alive.

You have paid your dues. IF there is justice in this world, you will have your Heavy early Monday morning early.
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but, how is it possible to see such high level "players" that clean me out of diamonds who have low level guns and no secondary such as a tesla or a heavy. They seem to have ultra high points too. I wonder if this is a tactic for better or easier match-ups.
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but, how is it possible to see such high level "players" that clean me out of diamonds who have low level guns and no secondary such as a tesla or a heavy. They seem to have ultra high points too. I wonder if this is a tactic for better or easier match-ups.

Well if you have limited weaponry, you'll never face a max'd out defense or drone, that much is for sure. The playing field is absolutely EVEN now so players with LOW powered weapons have the same chance at winning as those with HIGH powered weapons. I've been "dogged" by two such players in last League Event cycle and was defeated by a guy/girl with 3.0 SNIPER and ASSAULT and no heavy weapons at all. To be frank, I could have "squashed" the threat at any time by simply spending GOLD, but that wasn't my goal AND that is what Glu wants us to do.

Hope this answers your question ... at least partly. I should note that this was in Silver League Event.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts

Bradr752, I guess you getting 497.82K (diamonds) per hour scared Glu. They figured they were on the losing end and were able to work on a fix in about a day.

However, there were many issues that we have brought up in the past and yet to see a resolution. Reason: We are on the losing end.
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    Bradr752, I guess you getting 497.82K (diamonds) per hour scared Glu. They figured they were on the losing end and were able to work on a fix in about a day.

However, there were many issues that we have brought up in the past and yet to see a resolution. Reason: We are on the losing end.

amazing how fast they work to fix issues that **** them over... but couldn't care less about any of the other issues
    Noobie wrote: »

An update on my current situation: I am Level 11 with Base Economy maxxed with Gold purchases. Cost: 2500 Gold.

The screen says I am receiving 497.82 K per hour, but I am only receiving 9.45 per hour. It says my collector holds 68.8 K, which is the same as level 10. It says that my vault holds 833.1 and a level 1 upgrade costs 942.08 K. (It used to say 1.31 M, but they "fixed" it. In short, I still can't upgrade anything without Gold. FUBAR!
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    amazing how fast they work to fix issues that **** them over... but couldn't care less about any of the other issues

If it's any consolation at all .. I've been closely monitoring PvP Events for several weeks now, ever since the CKS 3.0 update and I can assure you that event play is decreasing, AP totals are falling and GOLD spending has taken a nose dive. Even the leaders aren't playing as much and many have quit altogether. GLU has taken one of the most popular games on the net and effectively destroyed it in less than a month. Customer care was terribly slow, now it's non existent ... no confirmation that they even received my ticket ... they are out to lunch. The constant stream of content updates tells me they don't have a friggin clue what's wrong or how to fix it. They had a money machine that anyone in the business would envy. Greed caught up to them finally ... now the product is teetering on disaster. What a disappointment ... if you want that new weapon, now is the time to grab it; the problem is soon there won't be anything to shoot at or compete with but an endless procession of computer generated spooks.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    An update on my current situation: I am Level 11 with Base Economy maxxed with Gold purchases. Cost: 2500 Gold.

The screen says I am receiving 497.82 K per hour, but I am only receiving 9.45 per hour. It says my collector holds 68.8 K, which is the same as level 10. It says that my vault holds 833.1 and a level 1 upgrade costs 942.08 K. (It used to say 1.31 M, but they "fixed" it. In short, I still can't upgrade anything without Gold. FUBAR!

You might want to manually restart your app. That's what I heard from other clan members....

I Thought I Lost U ... I've noticed the level of play, even on Day 1 seems off, AP is down for the leaders; they appear to be cruising like us. Everyone is stuck in the mud I guess.
    I Thought I Lost U ... I've noticed the level of play, even on Day 1 seems off, AP is down for the leaders; they appear to be cruising like us. Everyone is stuck in the mud I guess.

Lots of frustration out there. As you can see, Glu has screwed me, on other platforms they have fixed this, but not for me. This is the last straw for me. I am done with the game. I can't upgrade my base without paying gold and I won't do that.

I am very unhappy, and a game shouldn't make you unhappy.

Thanks for asking, anyway!
    Lots of frustration out there. As you can see, Glu has screwed me, on other platforms they have fixed this, but not for me. This is the last straw for me. I am done with the game. I can't upgrade my base without paying gold and I won't do that.

I am very unhappy, and a game shouldn't make you unhappy.

Thanks for asking, anyway!

I totally understand man ... I'm gonna leave U a PM later on.
  • HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    Oh well, the diamonds were good while we were getting them.