Handles : Serious BUG with Recent Base 11 update - Contract Killer: Sniper

cbfcbf Registered Users 7 Posts
Having serious issue with the new update "Base Level 11". After upgrading my Level 10 Base and then applying the 819.2K diamonds to open the Base 11 Level, I can't perform anymore upgrades because my Max Vault size is 819.2K and the minimum required to upgrade the Base Economy is 1.31Million and all the others require 1.51Million. My Base 11 says it is Juliette Tier 11.

Is this a known bug? When will it be fixed?

Others having this issue - Please post.

Comments

• gigmaestrogigmaestro Registered Users 9 Posts
    cbf wrote: »
    Having serious issue with the new update "Base Level 11". After upgrading my Level 10 Base and then applying the 819.2K diamonds to open the Base 11 Level, I can't perform anymore upgrades because my Max Vault size is 819.2K and the minimum required to upgrade the Base Economy is 1.31Million and all the others require 1.51Million. My Base 11 says it is Juliette Tier 11.

Is this a known bug? When will it be fixed?

Others having this issue - Please post.

Having same problem......or maybe Glu requires us to buy the Base Economy with gold and then carry on purchasing with diamonds when/if the vault is big enough. Clarification ASAP would be useful.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    gigmaestro wrote: »
    Having same problem......or maybe Glu requires us to buy the Base Economy with gold and then carry on purchasing with diamonds when/if the vault is big enough. Clarification ASAP would be useful.

I thought this might be the case as well so I fully upgraded my Level 11 Base Economy using Gold. This only increase my capacity to 833.1 K, not enough to use Diamonds as upgrades. My Diamond production did increase to 497.82 K per hour.
  • gigmaestrogigmaestro Registered Users 9 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I thought this might be the case as well so I fully upgraded my Level 11 Base Economy using Gold. This only increase my capacity to 833.1 K, not enough to use Diamonds as upgrades. My Diamond production did increase to 497.82 K per hour.

Hmmm. Vault capacity only increased by 14 after fully upgrading with gold. Definitely sounds like something has gone wrong here. ANY EXPLANATION GLU?
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    We are aware of the base issue and are currently working on a fix for it.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    It's bad enough that the programmers can't program. Even worse still, they can't count?

Handles, it seems you're trying to put out fires with thimbles filled with water, you've got a tough job! Is there any way you can find what bugs are being worked on with some kind of priority? You seem to be the only connection we have to what's going on, and you probably have other duties than monitoring constant gripes like mine.
  • hollaatmehollaatme Registered Users 7 Posts
    I just got a reply to my ticket and customer care did confirm that their DEV team is aware of this mess up. So.. fingers crossed!!
    I am sure that they will give it the same prompt attention that they gave to the Drone Weapoons upgrade glitch!
    try_again wrote: »
    It's bad enough that the programmers can't program. Even worse still, they can't count?

Handles, it seems you're trying to put out fires with thimbles filled with water, you've got a tough job! Is there any way you can find what bugs are being worked on with some kind of priority? You seem to be the only connection we have to what's going on, and you probably have other duties than monitoring constant gripes like mine.

Good idea, I can ask to see what their bug priority list is and what can be publicly shared.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Any word at all regarding the drone feature? It's been a full month now ... and for whatever it's worth, I hope they are working on another version, a service release if you will, there's just too much wrong to patch them individually ... just curious.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    Handles wrote: »
    Good idea, I can ask to see what their bug priority list is and what can be publicly shared.

Handles I just received the latest IOS "upgrade" which reduces the cost of Base Level 11 upgrades from 1.51 M to 944 K. This would seem like a bargain, except that my maxxed out Level 11 Base Economy Level has a capacity of only 833.1. Why can't they fix this?
  • HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    Not only that, but now the rate at which I've getting diamonds has slowed to a trickle. It says the rate should be 375k an hour, but it's more like 5k an hour.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Handles I just received the latest IOS "upgrade" which reduces the cost of Base Level 11 upgrades from 1.51 M to 944 K. This would seem like a bargain, except that my maxxed out Level 11 Base Economy Level has a capacity of only 833.1. Why can't they fix this?
    Halfassed wrote: »
    Not only that, but now the rate at which I've getting diamonds has slowed to a trickle. It says the rate should be 375k an hour, but it's more like 5k an hour.

Try closing your app and restarting it again. It worked for me.
    Eventually the problem got fixed, but it typical Glu fashion. The program suddenly closed when I reopened it my Vault had increased, but I was credited with a loss and my streak came to an end.
    After the reboot, every opponent is a 92 K defense, my reward for complaining to Glu. They have the same names and profiles as before but they are 92K. The 92 K short contests are very tough. I used 4 Medkits on one.
    Eventually the problem got fixed, but it typical Glu fashion. The program suddenly closed when I reopened it my Vault had increased, but I was credited with a loss and my streak came to an end.
    After the reboot, every opponent is a 92 K defense, my reward for complaining to Glu. They have the same names and profiles as before but they are 92K. The 92 K short contests are very tough. I used 4 Medkits on one.

Welcome back ... yeah I took a couple of the 92ks w/wo drone and they're BRUTAL. The medkits didn't help much because in my case I ran out of time as I moved in for the kill shot. Had that little bugger in my sights too !!! LOL MY BAD I took too long to advance, I should have used some grenades.

Maybe if I had that 11.5 HEAVY I might have scored that victory .... the most important Global for me yet and somehow I'm sitting at RANK #215 without spending any GOLD on matches. A signal that the veterans are NOT playing as much ... KUDOS

BTW I recognized one if the TOP 30 as a spook. Only one, but that's bad enough since it's now possible to be robbed of a prize by a phantom ... I could be mistaken, but I don't think so. I'll never make the TOP 30 anyway *** SMILES *** The expense is way over my head.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Welcome back ... yeah I took a couple of the 92ks w/wo drone and they're BRUTAL. The medkits didn't help much because in my case I ran out of time as I moved in for the kill shot. Had that little bugger in my sights too !!! LOL MY BAD I took too long to advance, I should have used some grenades.

Maybe if I had that 11.5 HEAVY I might have scored that victory .... the most important Global for me yet and somehow I'm sitting at RANK #215 without spending any GOLD on matches. A signal that the veterans are NOT playing as much ... KUDOS

BTW I recognized one if the TOP 30 as a spook. Only one, but that's bad enough since it's now possible to be robbed of a prize by a phantom ... I could be mistaken, but I don't think so. I'll never make the TOP 30 anyway *** SMILES *** The expense is way over my head.

A top 250 finish will allow you to craft the Medusa pretty easily in the Silver next week. A Top 500 finish leaves you with a lot of work next week. My plan, such as I have one, is a Top 90 finish and then kick back in the Silver League next week and try to improve my attitude about this game.

I am 2 free gold units short of being able to get 20 more Medkits, and I am going to need them.

BTW, my Drone is now at 41.2 K, Level 89 and is actually getting to be a little bit useful. Of course, I don't blame him, since I can't upgrade his weapons.
    A top 250 finish will allow you to craft the Medusa pretty easily in the Silver next week. A Top 500 finish leaves you with a lot of work next week. My plan, such as I have one, is a Top 90 finish and then kick back in the Silver League next week and try to improve my attitude about this game.

I am 2 free gold units short of being able to get 20 more Medkits, and I am going to need them.

BTW, my Drone is now at 41.2 K, Level 89 and is actually getting to be a little bit useful. Of course, I don't blame him, since I can't upgrade his weapons.

Improving your attitude about the game is like being in love with someone you can't stand ... if you've gotta work to hard at it then ...

*** SMILES ***
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Improving your attitude about the game is like being in love with someone you can't stand ... if you've gotta work to hard at it then ...

*** SMILES ***

Good simile. I have two problems I need to address: First all of the negative energy that is going into being ****ed off about Glu's screwups. The second is the tedium of endless boring repitive missions. The first is like being with a woman you hate, the second is like being with a woman you find totally uninteresting. Hmmm!
    Glu had apparently "fixed" this issue, they did a content update, destroying my winning streak, of course, raising my Vault to 1.3M. Just now, they did another Restart and content update, destroying my winning streak and taking my Vault back down to 833 K, once again below the 942 K required to upgrade Tier 11 Base elements. Go figure!
    Glu had apparently "fixed" this issue, they did a content update, destroying my winning streak, of course, raising my Vault to 1.3M. Just now, they did another Restart and content update, destroying my winning streak and taking my Vault back down to 833 K, once again below the 942 K required to upgrade Tier 11 Base elements. Go figure!

Next time you get a NETWORK ERROR or CONTENT UPDATE or anything that has that RESTART button on it for that matter, try this ...

Instead of tapping RESTART, exit the game and close the app; on ANDROID all I need do is SWIPE and tap the HOME icon. I'm sure something similar is available on IOS.

Obviously the RESTART process is causing the problem (bug OR intentional, we'll never know). What we do know is that the problem occurs immediately following a PvP battle victory, so here's my theory:

Immediately exiting and closing the app may, upon starting it up again, return your PvP stats to where they were prior to the last battle. What has always bothered me was why you had to CLAIM your AP following a victory? That just didn't make sense on the surface. But after giving it some thought (I can't help myself, that;s what I do) it makes sense that the bug lies in the OLD restart function that isn't synchronizing your device stats back to the server so when the restart occurs your WIN streak gets reset to zero.

If my theory is correct, then you will loose your last battle and diamonds BUT you should retain your AP and WIN streak, which is the most important stat to you. It's only a theory but in the wonderful world of Glu, it makes perfect sense.

REMEMBER do not tap RESTART and the game app MUST be closed. Along the same lines, if you did not actually close the app then the restart popup should still be there. Do whatever you need to but the game must launch as if it was the first time you launched the app.

I think it would also be prudent to exit the game periodically especially following an expensive and time consuming activity like a base upgrade. Same logic as above, a preventive restart, if you will.

*** SMILES ***
    I will give your trick a try. Thanks.
    I will give your trick a try. Thanks.

Again, if my theory is correct, it should work if you LOOSE that battle and a RESTART is requested. It should erase the defeat as well leaving your win streak intact.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I don't think this works. I recall once I had to turn down the volume playing a PVP, and I hit the power button instead.

This just turns off display and doesn't close the app, so I quickly brought the app back up, but having to reconnect the internet link with the game, I lost the battle and the winning streak.

It's unusual the way our handle logins when first loading the game, then, logs in again to a server after configs are loaded. just yesterday I was on a unprotected public network, it logged me in, but then had a 101000 network error at that point. Then it logs in probably to that same second server for PVP to select opponent, then again to record win/loss. Any breaking of that specific handshack means a loss of both VP and AP.
    try_again wrote: »
    I don't think this works. I recall once I had to turn down the volume playing a PVP, and I hit the power button instead.

This just turns off display and doesn't close the app, so I quickly brought the app back up, but having to reconnect the internet link with the game, I lost the battle and the winning streak.

It's unusual the way our handle logins when first loading the game, then, logs in again to a server after configs are loaded. just yesterday I was on a unprotected public network, it logged me in, but then had a 101000 network error at that point. Then it logs in probably to that same second server for PVP to select opponent, then again to record win/loss. Any breaking of that specific handshack means a loss of both VP and AP.

That's EXACTLY my point ... you MUST close the app. Next time you see a restart try it, what do you have to lose?

There are two different systems in play, authentication and gaming engine and there is where I believe the problem lies. See the only way to force a SYNC is to exit and LOGIN. Their restart (intentional or otherwise) obviously isn't doing this.
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Handles wrote: »

Did you find any bugs that was being worked on?
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    No priorities and definitely NOTHING can be publicly shared ...
  • Jimid12366Jimid12366 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I've been sending messages to GLU on the drone weapons system upgrade problem since the day v.3 came out nearly a month ago. Had actual responses from multiple sources, who says they are "aware of the issue" ....no s***? How could you NOT be aware of the issue. Now fix it!!
    bys wrote: »
    Did you find any bugs that was being worked on?

Sorry I was not provided with info to share. This issue as well as the drone parts issue are being worked on but I do not have an ETA on when the fixes will be patched.