Options

PVP Contests

xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
I can only assume that everyone else has experienced the insane difficulty of player match ups. I expend thousands upon thousands of diamonds with the end result being a loss for me in a PVP.

Comments

• Options
    OK ... I just expended another 10,000 Diamonds in an attempt to find a PVP Contestant that was more evenly matched. I ended up playing someone that had more defenses than what offenses I have to offer. Chalk up another huge loss on Diamonds !!!
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    I'm having the same thing happen. It seems to always put me against a maxed out short defense. Like you said, by the time I get a suitable match I'm either barely even or behind where I started in diamond total. Very rare to just get 3 matches that aren't ridiculously over my offensive power and now with another tier it's just gonna get worse.
  • Options
    caderaidercaderaider Registered Users 8 Posts
    xsgt1 wrote: »
    I can only assume that everyone else has experienced the insane difficulty of player match ups. I expend thousands upon thousands of diamonds with the end result being a loss for me in a PVP.
    Save some revenges that are more evenly matched, and when the diamonds start to climb use a revenge! Then the diamonds should start back at 125. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Are you always being matched up with a base defense that is much higher than your attack power or is this happening when you start increasing your win streak?
  • Options
    For me it doesn't make any difference whether I'm on a win streak or just coming off a loss. It really favors matching me up against a maxed out short defense. Sometimes I'll get 3 or 4 in a row trying to get a reasonable matchup.
  • Options
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    For me it doesn't make any difference whether I'm on a win streak or just coming off a loss. It really favors matching me up against a maxed out short defense. Sometimes I'll get 3 or 4 in a row trying to get a reasonable matchup.

What is your in game name and the device you play on? I'll send the info the dev team so then can look into this. Also a screen shot of you having no win streak but still being matched up against a stranger defense could help.
  • Options
    SANDLOCKSANDLOCK Registered Users 99 Posts
    Can u answer pm handles
  • Options
    In game ne is same as here. RMorr50912. I'm on an iPhone 5s. It won't let me post screenshots for some reason.
  • Options
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    In game ne is same as here. RMorr50912. I'm on an iPhone 5s. It won't let me post screenshots for some reason.

Interesting. Could you possibly use an image hosting site and provide the link to the image?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    Interesting. Could you possibly use an image hosting site and provide the link to the image?

This is a confirmed problem that has existed since the 3.0 upgrade and it only got worse since the TIER 11 update. The biggest problem as I see it, is the graphics lag and game freezes due to the concentration of textures on the SHORT game maps. Throw in the DRONE and it's almost impossible to play at times. The opponents don't have this handicap because of a simple reason, they're not using touch screen displays to take aim and fire ...

so the result is ...

(1) The player's health drains in "chunks" as the device drops frames i an attempt to keep up
    (2) The player's weapon isn't firing at the rate it's capable of because it's not responding to touch inputs
    (3) What few shots that actually get fired are shot at a target that has moved or ducked

Fixing the graphics issue will go a long way towards making the game more enjoyable and the SHORT battles more attractive.

All that aside, the matchmaking is also resulting in battles against max'd out defenses and that only magnifies the technical graphics issues.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    This is a confirmed problem that has existed since the 3.0 upgrade and it only got worse since the TIER 11 update. The biggest problem as I see it, is the graphics lag and game freezes due to the concentration of textures on the SHORT game maps. Throw in the DRONE and it's almost impossible to play at times. The opponents don't have this handicap because of a simple reason, they're not using touch screen displays to take aim and fire ...

so the result is ...

(1) The player's health drains in "chunks" as the device drops frames i an attempt to keep up
    (2) The player's weapon isn't firing at the rate it's capable of because it's not responding to touch inputs
    (3) What few shots that actually get fired are shot at a target that has moved or ducked

Fixing the graphics issue will go a long way towards making the game more enjoyable and the SHORT battles more attractive.

All that aside, the matchmaking is also resulting in battles against max'd out defenses and that only magnifies the technical graphics issues.

The freezing of the touch screen is an aspect of this that I hadn't isolated until you explained it. The computer is continuing to shoot at me, but my movement buttons are not working. I watch my health meter plummet as I bang on the "Duck" button and nothing happens.

Frustration Mounting...
  • Options
    No, it is not just during a win streak !!! Unfortunately those do not exist due to this issue. I just now expended another 10,000 Diamonds due to being matched up to unrealistic PVP players. There is no way I can win against a PVP match up who has an 11 or even sometimes even higher defense. I am fortunate to win a 10 defense !!! I enjoy playing, but this is rediculous !!! Why is this occurring ??? Most of the revenges are against players with extremely high defenses as well !!!
  • Options
    No, it is not just during a win streak !!! Unfortunately those do not exist due to this issue. I just now expended another 10,000 Diamonds due to being matched up to unrealistic PVP players. There is no way I can win against a PVP match up who has an 11 or even sometimes even higher defense. I am fortunate to win a 10 defense !!! I enjoy playing, but this is rediculous !!! Why is this occurring ??? Most of the revenges are against players with extremely high defenses as well !!!

For starters, I would need to know your weapons' RATING and CURRENT POWER (upgrade status) along with your BASE DEFENSE TIER and POWER (upgrade status). SHORT battles are giving everyone problems. Are you winning LONG battles?

We need details ... please :-)
  • Options
    As follows:

Weapons Rating: Primary
    Adam - 10.0 Power - 89.05k
    Fern is - 10.0. power - 77.31k

Base Defense Tier - 8 Power 20.96k

Short Battles - lol
    Long Battles - Sometimes winnable, but a hit and miss proposition. I attempt to win all of them, but I do fall short... lol
  • Options
    As follows:

Weapons Rating: Primary
    Adam - 10.0 Power - 89.05k
    Fern is - 10.0. power - 77.31k

Base Defense Tier - 8 Power 20.96k

Short Battles - lol
    Long Battles - Sometimes winnable, but a hit and miss proposition. I attempt to win all of them, but I do fall short... lol

Well for starters your health doesn't match your weapon power, so you really need to get up to TIER 10 ASAP
    You also do not have any secondary weapons; a good HEAVY or TESLA will help you win.

My guess, because you're TIER 8 is that the enemies are just blowing you away. Your weapons rating means that most of your opponents are going to be TIER 10 or better. Looking for another opponent will be expensive at TIER 8.

You purchased your weapons with in game cash? ... no matter, I'll be willing to bet that's when your problems started *** SMILES ***

Your FERN is way underpowered to fight short battles at level 10-11. What your up against is this ... either you can grab a TESLA for GOLD or try to upgrade your base to TIER 10. Using diamonds is going to be a slow process but it can be done if you're patient.
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining what needs to be accomplished. I had backed off of advancing my Tier protection. I have been concentrating on upgrading my Drone !!! Time to change my strategy !!! I do appreciate your input on my problem...
  • Options
    Thanks for explaining what needs to be accomplished. I had backed off of advancing my Tier protection. I have been concentrating on upgrading my Drone !!! Time to change my strategy !!! I do appreciate your input on my problem...

You are definitely welcome !!! I'm glad I could be of help AND STAY AWAY from those DRONES, for awhile at least.

Good Luck !!!
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Same issue here last campaign chucked diamonds in drone bin so pvp causing health to deplete I've 11.5 weapons & tier 8 base...good advice upgrade defence and weapons together days of tesla been a big hammer no longer a quick fix
    ( + )