Options

Can't compete!

DrewcDrewc Registered Users 6 Posts
Ok so I was into this game but due to either recent updates to a weapon and / or winning a heavy weapon, it has now made my game impossible to compete in the PVP matches. I have an assault rifle of 69 g's, a sniper rifle of 72 g's and a recently won heavy weapon that's at 222 g's. My base defense is at 18 g's which is have zero idea if it even matters except to collect more diamonds. So here's the big ole problem -

I can not compete at all in PVP events due to ALL I ever face now is base defenses at 92 g's and I can barely last 30 seconds even using my heavy weapon. I "roll" and "roll" trying to get better opponents which takes on average of 10 attempts, then the diamond reward for victory doesn't eve come close to recovering the lost diamonds that I had to spend to get a victory. I started last night at having over 100,000 in diamond reserve and at this very moment I'm under 500. It's not even enough to play a PVP event cause I "rolled" a few times trying to find an a opponent I can face.

I have spent some pretty decent money on this game which obviously was dumb and at this time. I'm going to pull out of the game and not compete. It's also kind of a bummer because my clan seems to be very active and loves the game and I have to tell them I'm out.

Hopefully the programmers can "fix" this type of issue before more players leave the events. It's the finest part of the game.

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Drewc wrote: »
    Ok so I was into this game but due to either recent updates to a weapon and / or winning a heavy weapon, it has now made my game impossible to compete in the PVP matches. I have an assault rifle of 69 g's, a sniper rifle of 72 g's and a recently won heavy weapon that's at 222 g's. My base defense is at 18 g's which is have zero idea if it even matters except to collect more diamonds. So here's the big ole problem -

I can not compete at all in PVP events due to ALL I ever face now is base defenses at 92 g's and I can barely last 30 seconds even using my heavy weapon. I "roll" and "roll" trying to get better opponents which takes on average of 10 attempts, then the diamond reward for victory doesn't eve come close to recovering the lost diamonds that I had to spend to get a victory. I started last night at having over 100,000 in diamond reserve and at this very moment I'm under 500. It's not even enough to play a PVP event cause I "rolled" a few times trying to find an a opponent I can face.

I have spent some pretty decent money on this game which obviously was dumb and at this time. I'm going to pull out of the game and not compete. It's also kind of a bummer because my clan seems to be very active and loves the game and I have to tell them I'm out.

Hopefully the programmers can "fix" this type of issue before more players leave the events. It's the finest part of the game.

Sorry to hear that, if you want to continue on with this game, you should upgrade your base with gold and finish it off to be competitive.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts

It is not just you. Everybody is frustrated by the endless stream of 92 K defenses. I am fully upgraded, with a 51 K Drone, Base Level 11, with top end weapons, including a 240 K Heavy and I am having trouble. No fun!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    It is not just you. Everybody is frustrated by the endless stream of 92 K defenses. I am fully upgraded, with a 51 K Drone, Base Level 11, with top end weapons, including a 240 K Heavy and I am having trouble. No fun!

Ironically, those with TIER 3 and weapons rated no higher than 3.0 (no secondary weapons at all) are doing just fine. They're winning and having a ball too. No max'd out defenses, no max'd out drones, no excessive weapon fire to screw up the graphics ... almost makes you wanna start all over from scratch LOL

The arms race the veteran players are locked in right now is a result from playing 2.0 under a different set of rules (i.e. get a better weapon). After the upgrade to 3.0 it was too late for us, we were already on our way to "sniper oblivion".

The new guys? Well ... bugs aside, they'll be fine as long as they don't get ahead of themselves, so to speak.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Oh absolutely - The worst thing I did was win that **** Medusa heavy weapon! It totally ruined my game. I was kicking butt just fine without it and now... I can't compete unless I just blow through diamonds on attempts to get a decent opponent. The clan event coming up is going to be a joke.
  • Options
    Oh absolutely - The worst thing I did was win that **** Medusa heavy weapon! It totally ruined my game. I was kicking butt just fine without it and now... I can't compete unless I just blow through diamonds on attempts to get a decent opponent. The clan event coming up is going to be a joke.

Welcome to the GLU FACTORY my friend ... now you must fully equip everything and grab a high rated TESLA to start winning again ... you've just crossed over into The Twilight Zone.

The arms race for you begins very soon ...

You could also just start over before it's too late, but a wise man once said ... It's NEVER Too Late.

Now I'm an Advanced Member? Maybe I should keep my mouth shut !!! LMAO
  • Options

Just because you own a weapon doesn't mean you have to use it. You can downgrade to a lower power rating weapon that you already own and "fool" the algorithm since it is apparently based on the power of the weapons that you have equipped, not the maximum power weapon that you own. Scorpion is right (as always), it is probably more fun at the bottom of the power scale right now
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Just because you own a weapon doesn't mean you have to use it. You can downgrade to a lower power rating weapon that you already own and "fool" the algorithm since it is apparently based on the power of the weapons that you have equipped, not the maximum power weapon that you own. Scorpion is right (as always), it is probably more fun at the bottom of the power scale right now
    Wow good idea if this will work! Best idea yet in my opinion, just hope it will work. Going to give it a try.

Thanks for the idea
  • Options
    Yeah that is a good idea. Now no problem with primary weapons but I only have the one secondary so I might still be outta luck!
  • Options

Nope ... been there ... tried that ... doesn't work ... the system "knows" you have a stronger weapon and factors that into the algorithm whether you use it or not. The Glu sticks !!!
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Nope ... been there ... tried that ... doesn't work ... the system "knows" you have a stronger weapon and factors that into the algorithm whether you use it or not. The Glu sticks !!!

I hate that! Is today the day you craft your Medusa?
  • Options
    I hate that! Is today the day you craft your Medusa?

YEP (actually tomorrow, need 10 parts today) ... finally I have a decent weapon for SHORTS.
  • Options
    YEP (actually tomorrow, need 10 parts today) ... finally I have a decent weapon for SHORTS.

Don't judge the Medusa right out of the box, give it a couple of bumps, then take it for a spin
  • Options
    Don't judge the Medusa right out of the box, give it a couple of bumps, then take it for a spin

I have the MEDUSA just about ready for tomorrow's Global PvP Event; sitting at 4 columns upgraded or 80% equipped.

Took it for a dry run just now and took on a 92K SHORT (no drone) and won handily using only 1 MedKit at the end. Hopefully that last 20 % will take me close enough so I take out that drone. NOW ... if Glu would fix the **** graphics, then we're back in business.

After playing catch up for a month now (LOST BASTET Week, still stings I'm afraid) I feel like I can finally take on most battles LONG or SHORT and have a reasonable expectation of winning. Now we must get ahead of the curve and grab. that 12.0 HEAVY before TIER 12 DEFENSES are common place.

THE CURE for the drone ... like I said hopefully that last 20 % upgrade will do the trick ... I'll let you know what happens, probably sometime late afternoon I should be ready.
  • Options
    I have the MEDUSA just about ready for tomorrow's Global PvP Event; sitting at 4 columns upgraded or 80% equipped.

Took it for a dry run just now and took on a 92K SHORT (no drone) and won handily using only 1 MedKit at the end. Hopefully that last 20 % will take me close enough so I take out that drone. NOW ... if Glu would fix the **** graphics, then we're back in business.

After playing catch up for a month now (LOST BASTET Week, still stings I'm afraid) I feel like I can finally take on most battles LONG or SHORT and have a reasonable expectation of winning. Now we must get ahead of the curve and grab. that 12.0 HEAVY before TIER 12 DEFENSES are common place.

THE CURE for the drone ... like I said hopefully that last 20 % upgrade will do the trick ... I'll let you know what happens, probably sometime late afternoon I should be ready.

Quick upgrade. i am still working my way through level 3 on both platforms. One Medkit on 92 Short defenses is the best I can do. Took on a 92 K with a 30 K drone with 2 Medkits. Video breakup still maddening but I have got a Drone strategy that works: Duck down, wait for drone to stop shooting, line him up, pop up and blast him. Get the Drone ASAP to stablize the video, then go about cleaning up.

You have to take out the "video killers", the Drone and the Juggernaut very quickly, that is why Heavy firepower is so important.
  • Options
    Quick upgrade. i am still working my way through level 3 on both platforms. One Medkit on 92 Short defenses is the best I can do. Took on a 92 K with a 30 K drone with 2 Medkits. Video breakup still maddening but I have got a Drone strategy that works: Duck down, wait for drone to stop shooting, line him up, pop up and blast him. Get the Drone ASAP to stablize the video, then go about cleaning up.

Yeah I slept early, couldn't sleep and was up early this morning (soon after league event ended) playing those TRIAL campaigns (TESLA and HEAVY) since I leave for work in just over 3 hours. I also had some GOLD left over from last event. I suppose I need to start closing contracts as well. But first things first !!!

*** SMILES ***

Funny thing about the drone, if we could just "disable" him on the offensive side, we could smooth out the graphics; pretty much like killing the enemy drone for the same reasons. It appears with the combination of BOTH drones there's just too much going on. Let US decide if we want to drag the bugger into battle LOL

I'd bench the bum for the duration ...

UPDATE: that really tough SHORT battle (you know the one) took 2 MedKits. :-)
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts

Scorpion, don't feel bad about missing out on the Bastet. I got it a couple weeks ago and have it almost completely upgraded but it's still 50/50 to win against 92K defense bots. Gun is totally obsolete. And yes I know how to play effectively.
    It's funny, it was invincible against tier 10 defenses but struggles against tier 11. Like I lost less than a 1/4 health versus 10 but win with less than 1/4 health against 11. Seems like there should be a middle ground??
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    Scorpion, don't feel bad about missing out on the Bastet. I got it a couple weeks ago and have it almost completely upgraded but it's still 50/50 to win against 92K defense bots. Gun is totally obsolete. And yes I know how to play effectively.
    It's funny, it was invincible against tier 10 defenses but struggles against tier 11. Like I lost less than a 1/4 health versus 10 but win with less than 1/4 health against 11. Seems like there should be a middle ground??

Scorpion got the Seth which has the same rating as the Bastet. Probably in 2 weeks, you'll be able to buy one that's the same as the Medusa for gold, too. Wash, rinse, repeat - the Glu motto.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    scorpion got the seth which has the same rating as the bastet. Probably in 2 weeks, you'll be able to buy one that's the same as the medusa for gold, too. Wash, rinse, repeat - the glu motto.

yep .... Lmao