Options

PVP League vs Prize issue.

StinkypantsStinkypants Registered Users 5 Posts
Last global event was for the Medusa, I really could have used that gun, so I fought hard in the event to insure I won the 35 parts. I ended up in the gold league for the 1st time. Found out the the gold league meant that you just lost the 35 parts, cause now in the league event you have to battle for a different weapon and have even a less of a chance to win. So the entire event I ended up with zero new upgraded weapons.

Anyone else have to deal with this or feel this is as stupid as I do, please feel free to express your thoughts on this thread.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I think the easy solution to remedy this would be to split the Global Event into multiple groups, rather than the 3 (iOS, Google and Android) we have now. The Amazon group is fine as is; if you're in the 8500AP range, you're probably in the top 10. Google and iOS are the overcrowded groups where this has created the problem you've been delt from overcrowding.

It would be a simple equivalence of what it is now with the Leagues where you have 30 players max per league - have some number set up (1/3 of what it is now?) per iOS Global in 3 groups.

Now if only GLU could take a simple idea and implement it, future reamings like yours could be avoided.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The Silver League always plays for parts for the second place Global Weapon. Gold always plays for a new weapon, and the competition is brutal as you have undoubtedly discovered.
  • Options
    Brutal is for sure.
  • Options
    The other frustrating part is that customer service won't get back to me on my complaint.
  • Options
    wellwhatwellwhat Registered Users 5 Posts
    I agree with Stinkypants. at least give ppl a choice: compete for the 1st place weapon of global event in the gold league or to join the silver league with their 2nd place weapon parts.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Last global event was for the Medusa, I really could have used that gun, so I fought hard in the event to insure I won the 35 parts. I ended up in the gold league for the 1st time. Found out the the gold league meant that you just lost the 35 parts, cause now in the league event you have to battle for a different weapon and have even a less of a chance to win. So the entire event I ended up with zero new upgraded weapons.

Anyone else have to deal with this or feel this is as stupid as I do, please feel free to express your thoughts on this thread.

Thank you

The only significant difference between GOLD and SILVER leagues is the amount of GOLD players are willing to spend. GOLD requires 8,500 AP to qualify and all the top players are there as well including the TOP 50 with AP totals ranging from 10,000 to 50,000. SILVER requires just 2,500 AP or roughly 100 victories, comparable to a League Event but you've got 4 DAYS to reach that total !!! I described it as "if I played any slower I'd be comatose" and yet I made the SILVER LEAGUE with 10 parts to boot.

GOLD League players are high rollers that play for keeps and will spend whatever it takes to break the competition. My primary goal is to compete in GOLD LEAGUE ... one day AND when the game itself isn't so buggy.

Your ONLY mistake, as I see it, was the depth of your pockets. Making the GOLD League was only an admission fee ... To WIN ... well you get the idea *** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    On a side note BRADR752, I've tried just about everything I can think of to defeat the max'd out drone using the MEDUSA without using MedKits and it's frustrating as hell. The graphics slowdowns are impossible to deal with and when you can't duck you get a mouthful of rockets.

So I can ONLY take on the TIER 11 DEFENSES with NO DRONES at this point. That is also a stretch since I'm at TIER 10 right now, so it's back to upgrading my BASE. At least I've got some time to do it ...

NO JOY
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The only significant difference between GOLD and SILVER leagues is the amount of GOLD players are willing to spend. GOLD requires 8,500 AP to qualify and all the top players are there as well including the TOP 50 with AP totals ranging from 10,000 to 50,000. SILVER requires just 2,500 AP or roughly 100 victories, comparable to a League Event but you've got 4 DAYS to reach that total !!! I described it as "if I played any slower I'd be comatose" and yet I made the SILVER LEAGUE with 10 parts to boot.

GOLD League players are high rollers that play for keeps and will spend whatever it takes to break the competition. My primary goal is to compete in GOLD LEAGUE ... one day AND when the game itself isn't so buggy.

Your ONLY mistake, as I see it, was the depth of your pockets. Making the GOLD League was only an admission fee ... To WIN ... well you get the idea *** SMILES ***

I agree getting to gold was my mistake. I had no idea that you'd waste the parts you acquired during the global event, simply because I didn't know that gold league battled for a different weapon from the one in the global event. I feel that, that is not the smartest setup , as now I am down another chance for a heavy gun, plus had no chance in hell in winning the gold gun = no upgraded weapon for yours truly after I tried so hard to get the 35 parts to insure me the Medusa after the league event was over.

Sorry I'm rambling, hope I am getting point across. To me it's not a great set up, never again will I go for the gold league :)
  • Options
    I agree getting to gold was my mistake. I had no idea that you'd waste the parts you acquired during the global event, simply because I didn't know that gold league battled for a different weapon from the one in the global event. I feel that, that is not the smartest setup , as now I am down another chance for a heavy gun, plus had no chance in hell in winning the gold gun = no upgraded weapon for yours truly after I tried so hard to get the 35 parts to insure me the Medusa after the league event was over.

Sorry I'm rambling, hope I am getting point across. To me it's not a great set up, never again will I go for the gold league :)

I feel your pain ... I frequently reach 7,000 AP and force myself to slow down for that very reason, I cannot afford the GOLD League. But on the other hand, GOLD Prizes are infinitely better. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they weren't battling for 13.0 weapons (at least 12.5s) and other stuff as well. But it does sting to put in all that effort, over the course of 4 days, and come away with nothing at all.

I know the feeling all to well, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    On a side note BRADR752, I've tried just about everything I can think of to defeat the max'd out drone using the MEDUSA without using MedKits and it's frustrating as hell. The graphics slowdowns are impossible to deal with and when you can't duck you get a mouthful of rockets.

So I can ONLY take on the TIER 11 DEFENSES with NO DRONES at this point. That is also a stretch since I'm at TIER 10 right now, so it's back to upgrading my BASE. At least I've got some time to do it ...

NO JOY

I am using a Medkit most of the time on Short defenses even without the drone. Avoiding Drones for the most part. It is easy to hit the button and move to the next opponent.

In competition, I intend to revert mostly to Long defenses. The Medusa is not enough gun to blast through Short defenses fast.

BTW Glu had a real fun glitch on Amazon this afternoon. About 2 pm MST, they started the Global Event playing for 11.5 Assaults. There was no notice, but I was on, so I played. I was in first place when they shut it back down. I bet they don't roll my points into the real event tomorrow.

Anyway, we know what the Global will be: 275 K assault rifles.
  • Options
    TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
    I think Stinkypants major point was he was not aware that the gold league played for a different weapon. It should have been stated in the rules not hidden somewhere in the hundreds of threads. Also, since U are awarded 35 parts to a weapon GLU obviously knows U have no chance to compete for is IMO a deceptive business practice that seems prevelant in this game. It would be interesting, although expensive, to have a class action lawsuit against GLU for this and other deceptive practices.
  • Options
    TBK wrote: »
    I think Stinkypants major point was he was not aware that the gold league played for a different weapon. It should have been stated in the rules not hidden somewhere in the hundreds of threads. Also, since U are awarded 35 parts to a weapon GLU obviously knows U have no chance to compete for is IMO a deceptive business practice that seems prevelant in this game. It would be interesting, although expensive, to have a class action lawsuit against GLU for this and other deceptive practices.

I agree totally ... there are really no published game play rules or instructions other than that published by the forum members AND at times that "learning curve" can cost you dearly. I always recommend that new players NOT jump into PvP straight away, but I do understand the attraction.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I agree totally ... there are really no published game play rules or instructions other than that published by the forum members AND at times that "learning curve" can cost you dearly. I always recommend that new players NOT jump into PvP straight away, but I do understand the attraction.

We need to totally make a new post about gameplay basics. We still don't know what type of base we have!
  • Options
    What about having the top 30 people that already have won a weapon, battle out for a separate exclusive weapon and have everyone else keep battling for weapon parts......that kinda makes sense. Plus keep the milestone rewards as they are. Dang, that might just be an idea, lol.
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    I think the main point of this thread has been stated: give players a choice to complete their weapon or try to earn a new weapon altogether. I still think it's absolutely ridiculous to offer parts for weapons that can never be completed if 50 aren't earned. Give players the option to purchase the remaining parts for a gold equivalent based on the current tier level and type of gun. At least TRY to satisfy customers rather than ****ing everyone off and leaving everyone in the dark for your own profit motive.