Options

HANDLES: Another In Game Glitch Discovered

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
QUESTION: What's Missing In This Picture?

touchscreen_control_failure.png

This obviously is a SHORT battle; the type of scenarios that we have avoided many times in the past. This has occurred to me on on least 5 occasions starting yesterday and once this morning during the Global PvP Event.

(1) It starts off with me on the LEFT (here I'm pictured on the RIGHT or in the CENTER).

(2) I proceed to take out the 2 SENTRIES (machine gun and rocket launcher); then move RIGHT.

(3) As I prepare to attack the JUGGERNAUT, this is where the situation nose dives.

ANSWER:

NONE of the touchscreen controls are functional and THAT is when I realized the LEFT<<->>RIGHT ARROWS are also MISSING. I cannot duck, move, attack ,,, I am left with only one option FORFEIT which the game conveniently DOES allow me to do.

So HANDLES add this to the ever growing list of bugs. I should also note that there WERE several CONTENT UPDATES yesterday and could be related. Until just recently I have avoided SHORT battles, consequently, I cannot confirm 100% that this glitch is a NEW bug or an existing issue that I never noticed before now.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, there is yet another reason to avoid SHORT battles ... if the DRONES don't get you, you might be forced to surrender.
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    This game has more problems than the government!
  • Options
    Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts

Lol...;);)
  • Options

I saw a cartoon in the newspaper this morning ...

"SO WE CAN'T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA ANYMORE? ... NO PROBLEM, WE'LL JUST BUY IT FROM THE CHINESE"

Talk about BROKEN? It doesn't get much worse than that !!!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I saw a cartoon in the newspaper this morning ...

"SO WE CAN'T COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA ANYMORE? ... NO PROBLEM, WE'LL JUST BUY IT FROM THE CHINESE"

Talk about BROKEN? It doesn't get much worse than that !!!

Scorpion, I just had the exact same glitch. Midway through a short contest on my iPad, my controls disappeared I could not move. MY 51 K drone saved the day. He cleaned house on everybody and killed my opponent. I win while totally paralyzed. I take back all of the bad things I have said about drones.

BTW you get get screen capture shots. In the pressure of play I never think to do it.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Scorpion, I just had the exact same glitch. Midway through a short contest on my iPad, my controls disappeared I could not move. MY 51 K drone saved the day. He cleaned house on everybody and killed my opponent. I win while totally paralyzed. I take back all of the bad things I have said about drones.

BTW you get get screen capture shots. In the pressure of play I never think to do it.

The drone took out the entire army? Will wonders ever cease *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    This has happened to me twice. The only thing you can do is pause/resume or pause/forfeit. You want to scream at all the other buttons if they could just listen. Again, this was V2.0, so looks like these glitches are back.

More than likely this will be considered an amusing glitch, and put in the cylindrical filing cabinet on the floor to be picked up by the cleaning crew.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    This has happened to me twice. The only thing you can do is pause/resume or pause/forfeit. You want to scream at all the other buttons if they could just listen. Again, this was V2.0, so looks like these glitches are back.

More than likely this will be considered an amusing glitch, and put in the cylindrical filing cabinet on the floor to be picked up by the cleaning crew.

You're absolutely right !!! Bugs don't get fixed and mysteriously come back LMAO They were never fixed at all and in a strange way it makes me feel better because since I know all of these issues will be "recycled" (in more ways than one) I can now accept them as part of the game and move on.

I only ask one thing ... FIX THE **** GRAPHICS !!!
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    I only hope that the glitch to purchase energy credits for in-game cash comes back too :)
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    twoloszyn wrote: »
    I only hope that the glitch to purchase energy credits for in-game cash comes back too :)

Lmao the dev team See No Evil,Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil get to work right away if a glitch benefits the player.
    Otherwise they sit and twiddle their thumbs in their best Alfred E Newman what me worry attitude.
  • Options
    28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    Merc316 wrote: »
    Lmao the dev team See No Evil,Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil get to work right away if a glitch benefits the player.
    Otherwise they sit and twiddle their thumbs in their best Alfred E Newman what me worry attitude.

no kidding... look how fast they fixed the glitch that was awarding players close to 500K diamonds per hour
  • Options
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    no kidding... look how fast they fixed the glitch that was awarding players close to 500K diamonds per hour

About the 500K/hour glitch .. do you know if the players got to keep their diamonds?

BRADR752, or anyone else, what's is the cost breakdown and did they fix that VAULT problem not being large enough for the upgrades?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    About the 500K/hour glitch .. do you know if the players got to keep their diamonds?

BRADR752, or anyone else, what's is the cost breakdown and did they fix that VAULT problem not being large enough for the upgrades?

Vault program has been fixed. My IOS platform has fully upgraded Level 11 economy, has a Vault size of 1.31 M and collects Diamonds at the rate of 9460 per hour to a Diamond Cache of 110.1 K. Glad it is fixed, but I miss the days of 975 K of Diamond production per hour.
  • Options
    Vault program has been fixed. My IOS platform has fully upgraded Level 11 economy, has a Vault size of 1.31 M and collects Diamonds at the rate of 9460 per hour to a Diamond Cache of 110.1 K. Glad it is fixed, but I miss the days of 975 K of Diamond production per hour.

LOL ... I'm getting there, slowly but surely !!!

I think I remember you saying something about GOLD only upgrades? Is that still the case?
  • Options
    The disappearing controls glitch happened again on the IOS platform. Ended 150 game streak.
  • Options
    The disappearing controls glitch happened again on the IOS platform. Ended 150 game streak.

The next time a glitch helps the players, keep it a secret. Jeez, the players need an edge once and a while.
  • Options
    The next time a glitch helps the players, keep it a secret. Jeez, the players need an edge once and a while.

I am with you on that. Sadly, I don't think any from Glu even bothers to read forum posts, so it probably doesn't matter.
  • Options
    I am with you on that. Sadly, I don't think any from Glu even bothers to read forum posts, so it probably doesn't matter.

I haven't seen Handles comment in a long time. I betcha he's in his basement slaving away at the computer while trying to fix the glitches. I believe in you, Handles! You can do it!
  • Options

I know about one of these glitches, and yes I'm not telling! I know it's helped many others, too.

Glu is good for two things;

1. Not fixing the worst of the bugs (frame freezing, content update in PVP, level up no gold, trap openings in PVP, ...)

2. Fixing bugs that help. (paying for gold with in-game cash, collecting huge amount of diamonds, low gold cost to upgrade base, ...)
  • Options
    Game glitches and software bugs aside, presenting obstacles, challenges, achievements and rewards for a "job well done" are as fundamental to psychology as waking in the morning and heading straight for the rest room, so I have a somewhat more LIBERAL view of our game experiences.

All complaints (legitimate or otherwise) considered, we always adapt to adversity and find a way to WIN ... it's our nature as competitors. Hell, we wouldn't be competitors if we could LOSE and LAUGH and then walk away. When we face a NO WIN scenario, such as your weapons failing to fire or the battle field floor opening beneath you, we feel "cheated" because we can no longer compete for a "victory" and since the concept of "draw" has no meaning for us, we go down in DEFEAT, sometimes with guns ablaze.

With that being said, any bug or glitch that affects your wallet directly, is completely unacceptable; if these can be substantiated and documented, then we can present a case to GLU and expect a response in the form of compensation for our losses. If none is forth coming, then we all know the FINAL solution.

Software bugs are technical in nature; I accept that they exist and will probably NEVER be fixed ... I simply move on.

I remember the hoopla that resulted when someone used the term "spook" for the first time. What? Huh? Are You Kidding Me? What the Hell? ... well guess what?

I've said absolutely nothing that we all don't already know. Personally I would rather see us discuss battle tactics, weapons power and defense upgrades, but more importantly lets try to document game glitches in a formal way; for starters, screen shots and a brief narrative describing the circumstances that resulted in the breakdown of game play. In the very least it could help US avoid them going forward.

For example, the take away from the subject of this thread should be ... Don't Move RIGHT when presented with this battle scenario. Your FIRST "move" should be FORWARD.

If you just need a sounding board to BLOW OFF SOME STEAM, that's cool ... I do it all the time !!!

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Just happened in my newest game on Samsung 8.4 (very nice device). Took on a guy twice my power (444 to 800 something), was about to take him down 1/4 health remaining - maybe a sniper shot, don't know, but ended with me standing, shield aurora glowing and shaking my head! Very funny, made me chuckle and scratch my head.

What I've noticed in global is after 12 wins, only double to quintuple base matchups come up, so it's better to take a knee than continue a win streak.

On the Nexus, payouts are improving, but battles have to happen more quickly than they used to. If two juggernauts end up on screen at once, graphics are toast and a med kit is needed asap. Shoot 2 or 3 guys on first blast if possible, take out both turrets and first jugg while standing, then duck to find target and wait to take him out.
  • Options
    Froze on a long PVP duck position, only button that worked was pause. I'd have a perfect run if it weren't for these GLU fly traps. Only consolation is it's an assault up for grabs.
  • Options
    Froze on a long PVP duck position, only button that worked was pause. I'd have a perfect run if it weren't for these GLU fly traps. Only consolation is it's an assault up for grabs.

So it was a LONG eh? If it happens again, try to capture the screen. It will help us avoid the scenario going forward. JEEZ this just keeps getting better and better. SMH
  • Options
    Yes it was a long attack. The picture unfortunately just like yours wouldn't prove to GLU it happened - how can you show in a screen shot the buttons don't respond? Suspended the PVP, and brought it back full screen, time started clicking down again, tried pausing and coming back, but no response. Also did not have the Left button showing, I was on the right side. But maybe that last fact would prove a problem?

And if in these situations GLU would give us 40 Gold to get back into our 25 point stride, it would be worth the trouble.
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    I just had a similar glitch.. zoom button was not there.. ended up firing my heavy all over the place.
  • Options
    Yes it was a long attack. The picture unfortunately just like yours wouldn't prove to GLU it happened - how can you show in a screen shot the buttons don't respond? Suspended the PVP, and brought it back full screen, time started clicking down again, tried pausing and coming back, but no response. Also did not have the Left button showing, I was on the right side. But maybe that last fact would prove a problem?

And if in these situations GLU would give us 40 Gold to get back into our 25 point stride, it would be worth the trouble.

GLU has given me 500 GOLD for my troubles. It took over a week, but I had an air tight case and they couldn't deny what happened. So GLU will make reparations provided you can demonstrate a financial loss due to no fault of your own. As I'm writing this I'm trying to remember the exact circumstances, but it did have something to do with Global PvP (it was awhile ago).

Simply complaining about it will get you nothing.
  • Options
    Good stuff to know!
    Do you remember if you submitted a ticket through the game interface, and if you included a pic maybe of the problem?

For instance your pic at the top shows no movement arrows. If you submitted this, do you think they'd give you the 40 gold you would need to return your winning streak in a Global? Maybe that's a bit far for only 40 gold. From some of these other threads, you'd think customer service was non-existent. I had luck the only time I contacted them when I thought I lost my account/stats/weapons, they responded with a fix in a couple days.
  • Options

If you look closely, the ARROWS are missing. This proves that I was unable to move ... CHECK and MATE LOL

Ooops I see you already figured out that one LOL
  • Options
    Good stuff to know!
    Do you remember if you submitted a ticket through the game interface, and if you included a pic maybe of the problem?

For instance your pic at the top shows no movement arrows. If you submitted this, do you think they'd give you the 40 gold you would need to return your winning streak in a Global? Maybe that's a bit far for only 40 gold. From some of these other threads, you'd think customer service was non-existent. I had luck the only time I contacted them when I thought I lost my account/stats/weapons, they responded with a fix in a couple days.

I remember now ... mine was related to not being able complete my weapon because they cancelled the event. I submitted a ticket as well as the receipt for the GOLD I had purchased prior to the Global and a screenshot showing I actually did spend the GOLD on the Global/League Event in question and that I would most likely have won the 5 parts needed to complete the weapon. I really wanted the weapon but they said they couldn't do that and gave me 500 GOLD for my troubles.

I think it was more of why chase away a paying customer for $20 ... LOL

Trying to get the 40 GOLD back for a lost win streak would be a stretch, I would think.

*** SMILES ***