Next update...!!!

Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts
I suggest if possible that battle in every pvp-tournament
Is fair and will be (base to base)not(base vs weapon)
Its unfair to those can't afford to full upgrade thier
Tier to maximum like those 92k,
I hope these may help...

Alpha vs alpha
Bravo vs bravo
Charlie vs charlie
Delta vs delta
Hotel vs hotel
India vs india
Juliet vs juliet

Comments

• straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Some clear common sense this would make pvp less taxing
    ( + )
  • Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Stork007 wrote: »
    I suggest if possible that battle in every pvp-tournament
    Is fair and will be (base to base)not(base vs weapon)
    Its unfair to those can't afford to full upgrade thier
    Tier to maximum like those 92k,
    I hope these may help...

Alpha vs alpha
    Bravo vs bravo
    Charlie vs charlie
    Delta vs delta
    Hotel vs hotel
    India vs india
    Juliet vs juliet

So you think that would be a very fair solution?One problem with that....Those with say a level 6 or 7 base could get say the latest 11.5 Tesla or Heavy and blast the snot out of their competition...hence having an easier path to pvp competition.Those of us that do have the Juliet base and are still upgrading it like myself work very hard for our victories and yes spend a lot of money.
    I think the weapon to base solution is best.You don't want the harder competition?Stay out of the updated weapons wars.Sorry but thats my two cents worth.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    ABSOLUTELY AGREE ... in the very least it will restore the incentive to move forward. Below is a reply to STRAIGHTSHOOTERS post in another thread:

There you have it ... without the incentive to move forward, then the premise for playing the game is non-existent. So the obvious is now the inevitable. The GLU FACTORY in all of their infinite wisdom has effectively "bitten off" the hands that feed them.

It really is bizarre !!! In what universe does getting a better weapon make it harder to WIN? It may not have been their intention, however, it is the result when software bugs, degrading graphics and defense tiers converge. The "misguided" notion that someone with a 2.0 weapon should be able to compete in PvP is driven by greed, pure and simple.

GLU has exactly until the next upgrade release to demonstrate that they are, in fact, working towards resolving these issues.

If they release yet another round of this buggy software, they might as well shut it down because nobody will be playing ...

... at least I won't be playing !!!

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    MERC316 STATED: So you think that would be a very fair solution?One problem with that....Those with say a level 6 or 7 base could get say the latest 11.5 Tesla or Heavy and blast the snot out of their competition...hence having an easier path to pvp competition.Those of us that do have the Juliet base and are still upgrading it like myself work very hard for our victories and yes spend a lot of money.
    I think the weapon to base solution is best.You don't want the harder competition?Stay out of the updated weapons wars.Sorry but thats my two cents worth.
    Actually that's the way it was in CLS 2.0, if you remember, but the incentive to upgrade your BASE was there as well. You could also add a stiffer penalty for having a weak defense. Maybe something like +1 AP for a defensive WIN and -1 AP for a defensive LOSS.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    It seems to me that the simple solution is to alter the ratings so that a 92 K short is the same difficulty as a 92 L and that a 92 K weapon is a fair match for both of them. Everybody is looking for a change in the matching algorithm, when all of the difficulties stem from the faulty defense and weapons rating system. Right now, my Walrus Tesla at 176 K is an easy match against a 92 K Long defense, but my 314 K Medusa Heavy, struggles against a 92 K Short. I can''t imagine using a 92 K Heavy against a 92 K Short defense. To me the solution is simply fix the ratings so that a weapon of a given strength is a fair match against a defense of the equivalent strength, long or short, What am I missing?

An alternative scheme, which would not require revaluing weapons and/or bases, would be to use a ratio in the matching. Match up Long bases against Teslas 1.5 times the base value and Short bases against weapons 3 times the base value. The matchups would much fairer at that point.
    Another possible solution would be to give you an 11.5 WEAPON out of the box, so it can be actually "upgrade" it to get you WINS instead of upgrading it to be bare bones effective.

Are we ready to start a thread on weapons power ratings?

The solution is quite simple drop all weapons ratings down one notch ... that will fix it.
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Another possible solution would be to give you an 11.5 WEAPON out of the box, so it can be actually "upgraded" to get you WINS instead of upgrading it to be bare bones effective.

Are we ready to start a thread on weapons power ratings?

Good Idea! The discussion is getting a little fragmented.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Good Idea! The discussion is getting a little fragmented.

OK I'll start one soon ...
    bradr752 wrote: »
    good idea! The discussion is getting a little fragmented.

weapons power ratings thread has been started.