Global Event: Jun 11 2015

13Next

Comments

• amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Gradually over the course of the weekend the IOS leaderboard is beginning to fill up with the usual names. Seven members of the Elites clan now at the top. The clan called Russia is killer strong as well.

I am still struggling in 48th place.

There's a clan named RUSSIA on Google Android as well; 4 or 5 are in TOP 30 ... interesting. You've hit the GREAT WALL my man ... the only way to breach it is to start spending GOLD if you want that TOP 30 spot ... but it's still early. when I see the LEADERS BOARD changing, I always keep in mind that those former "leaders" lie somewhere between RANK #30 and me. That's what make breaking through so expensive.

My goals are much less ... I've crept into RANK #230. I'll decide in the morning if I want to go for a TOP 90 finish.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I feel no temptation this Global, but next week's Tesla will be a real test of my resolve. I have a 10.5 Narwhal at 157 K that is beginning to show its age.
    I feel no temptation this Global, but next week's Tesla will be a real test of my resolve. I have a 10.5 Narwhal at 157 K that is beginning to show its age.

This is true ... I have the NARWAHL as well ... but I'm not to keen on getting a LONG range 11.5 since I've almost got my TIER 10 upgrade completed (only guard level and stats left). I suspect that if I move to 11.5 LONG RANGE weapon, the LONG battles will start to resemble the SHORT battles. Opponents will get tougher and the graphics will get really ugly ... quite a dilemma to be in thanks to GLU ..... LOL

I am also looking to pick up a better tablet. The Nexus 7 is a couple of years old and showing it's age as well. Again ... Thanks GLU.

I'll continue to cruise and upgrade BASE TIER to 11. By the time I'm finished it'll be time for a 12.5 HEAVY and a new campaign. I really hope they delay an upgrade and fix this mess. The thought of fighting a TIER 12 defense given the current state of the graphics will force me to find a new battlefield. LMAO

It's actually becoming an eye sore !!!

*** SMILES ***
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    If pvp match up weapon strength based where's incentive to go for next best thing? I'm upgrading base as health level requires med kits to win pvp
    ( + )
    If pvp match up weapon strength based where's incentive to go for next best thing? I'm upgrading base as health level requires med kits to win pvp

There you have it ... without the incentive to move forward, then the premise for playing the game is non-existent. So the obvious is now the inevitable. The GLU FACTORY in all of their infinite wisdom has effectively "bitten off" the hands that feed them.

It really is bizarre !!! In what universe does getting a better weapon make it harder to WIN? It may not have been their intention, however, it is the result when software bugs, degrading graphics and defense tiers converge. The "misguided" notion that someone with a 2.0 weapon should be able to compete in PvP is driven by greed, pure and simple.

GLU has exactly until the next upgrade release to demonstrate that they are, in fact, working towards resolving these issues.

If they release yet another round of this buggy software, they might as well shut it down because nobody will be playing ...

... at least I won't be playing !!!

*** SMILES ***
    Realtime update:

RANK #1: 30,399 AP (PCHELA)
    RANK #30: 11,959 AP (NITIN)
    RANK #237: 3,608 AP (SCORPION)

Google Android
    Amazon we have
    ranger #1 16143 ap

doc #30 3371ap

I'm roughly middle with 4604 ap
    ( + )
    Amazon we have
    ranger #1 16143 ap

doc #30 3371ap

I'm roughly middle with 4604 ap

So what rank does 4,604 AP get you? I dunno what "middle" means since I have no point of reference LOL I'm guessing somewhere around RANK #90?
    Between the two been going between 13th/14th position
    ( + )
    Between the two been going between 13th/14th position

Ok ... that's great to be able to finish in TOP 30 and not have to compete in GOLD League !!!
    ROUGHLY 12 HOURS REMAINING IN GLOBAL PVP (GOOGLE ANDROID):

RANK #1: 30,339 AP (PCHELA) ... has shut down the engines.
    RANK #30: 12,850 AP (JAY) ... NITIN has dropped the ball.
    RANK #237: 3,858 AP (SCORPION) ... No change. Current win streak: 112.
    Top dozen can end up in gold league so far top 3 arevin gold
    ranger #1 16518 ap
    #15 4475 ap
    #30 3810 ap
    amazon global event
    ( + )
    ROUGHLY 9 HOURS REMAINING IN GLOBAL PVP (GOOGLE ANDROID):

RANK #1: 30,339 AP (PCHELA) ... has shut down the engines. Engines are now stone cold.
    RANK #2: 24,912 AP (WAQAS) ... on the move.
    RANK #30: 12,929 AP (MANUEL007) ... JAY has moved up to RANK #27: 13,429 AP.
    RANK #228: 4,058 AP (SCORPION) ... Last win streak was stopped by in-game crash: 128; back to 000.

8 HOURS REMAINING:

RANK #203: 4,194 AP (SCORPION) ... Current win streak: 009 (no harm done);

Interesting how previous win streak ended on 1st battle following milestone GOLD; noted/tracking.
    IOS: #1: 30929
    #2: 21996
    #10: 15567
    #30: 9010
    #40 Me with 8000, will use only free energy to stay below 8500, out of Gold League

Amazon: #1 16883
    #10: 6206
    #14 Me with 5429, looking for Top 30 finish
    #30: 4060
    IOS: #1: 30929
    #2: 21996
    #10: 15567
    #30: 9010
    #40 Me with 8000, will use only free energy to stay below 8500, out of Gold League

Amazon: #1 16883
    #10: 6206
    #14 Me with 5429, looking for Top 30 finish
    #30: 4060

I've been meaning to ask you if it was true that there are no drones on Amazon version? Somebody mentioned this ...
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to ask you if it was true that there are no drones on Amazon version? Somebody mentioned this ...

Amazon has Drones (more's the pity) and is otherwise identical to IOS. The differences are much less competition, no sales tax on purchase, 5% game credit on all purchases, but no freebies.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Amazon has Drones (more's the pity) and is otherwise identical to IOS. The differences are much less competition, no sales tax on purchase, 5% game credit on all purchases, but no freebies.

Sounds better than ios.
    Sounds better than ios.

I am having a lot more fun on Amazon. More laid back atmosphere. Possible to win weapons without Gold outlays. Same glitchy Glu game but much less expense.

The credit for Gold purchases which are called Amazon Coins are good toward future Gold purchases, so it more than makes up for the Gold for ads on IOS.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I am having a lot more fun on Amazon. More laid back atmosphere. Possible to win weapons without Gold outlays. Same glitchy Glu game but much less expense.

The credit for Gold purchases which are called Amazon Coins are good toward future Gold purchases, so it more than makes up for the Gold for ads on IOS.

Tell me more about the credit for gold purchases, I'm intrigued.
    Tell me more about the credit for gold purchases, I'm intrigued.

Amazon has a program where they issue "Amazon coins" for every dollar you use to purchase Kindle Apps or games, you earn Amazon coins. I believe the coins are for 5% of the purchase price. You can then use that for future app or game purchases. When you click on the Buy Gold button in CKS it tells you how many coins you have and asks you if you want to buy the Gold with cash or coins. You can also buy coins on Amazon. Works pretty slick.

Also, people who have complained to Amazon about Glu's various screw ups have been given Coins as compensation for their loss. One of the members of my Clan was just given 200 coins for one of the recent foul ups when he complained to Amazon. Hopefully, Amazon is getting reimbursed by Glu.
    Amazon has a program where they issue "Amazon coins" for every dollar you use to purchase Kindle Apps or games, you earn Amazon coins. I believe the coins are for 5% of the purchase price. You can then use that for future app or game purchases. When you click on the Buy Gold button in CKS it tells you how many coins you have and asks you if you want to buy the Gold with cash or coins. You can also buy coins on Amazon. Works pretty slick.

Also, people who have complained to Amazon about Glu's various screw ups have been given Coins as compensation for their loss. One of the members of my Clan was just given 200 coins for one of the recent foul ups when he complained to Amazon. Hopefully, Amazon is getting reimbursed by Glu.

Amazon has ALWAYS looked out for their customers. No questions asked, quick responses, customer always leaves satisfied. I was often curious how Amazon and Glu got along. They're definitely at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to customer care !!!

RANKED #214 in GLOBAL and didn't spend 1 BAR of GOLD; used about 30 MedKits though, I suppose that was inevitable.

Playing for 2-3 Place in the League Event Day #1. Got a guy in my bracket that really wants those 20 PARTS. Sprinted to 66 VP 90 minutes into competition so I just settled into 2nd place and watched him run. I know the type, have seen them plenty of times before; nothing will stop them once they've decided they want to WIN ... kind of reminds me of you.

*** SMILES ***

BUT .. if he gets lazy on the lead, slips or makes a mistake ... I'll track him down and kick him in the butt as I stride past him LOL
    Sounds better than ios.

Did you get your parts this week?
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I have 35 parts for both my Tier 10 account, and my just upgraded to Tier 4 account. I will have the Tier 10 weapon today or tomorrow. The Tier 4 account only has 4 people in it, but I may try to just keep the parts and not craft it. I'll back up that game and then see if crafting it destroys any possibility of future PVP - (more than likely). At 488 attack, anything over 800, and I'm pretty much toast on that match up. Just lucked out and got Silver League on the last two PVPs of the evening - 2535 points (88 place).

Tier 10, had 3532 points (38 place). Never did upgrade the Gamr AR <sp>. No gold, only 2 med packs, and short play on Thursday and Friday - Amazon is very forgiving. But, I suspect when Tier 12 comes out, all bets and myself will bow out.
    Playing for 2-3 Place in the League Event Day #1. Got a guy in my bracket that really wants those 20 PARTS. Sprinted to 66 VP 90 minutes into competition so I just settled into 2nd place and watched him run. I know the type, have seen them plenty of times before; nothing will stop them once they've decided they want to WIN.

This guy made a mistake letting me catch him. So I took back the lead AND now it's cat and mouse to see who blinks first LOL I'll give him just enough line to wear himself out, then I'll slowly start reeling him back in. Mua-Ha-Ha
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    This guy made a mistake letting me catch him. So I took back the lead AND now it's cat and mouse to see who blinks first LOL I'll give him just enough line to wear himself out, then I'll slowly start reeling him back in. Mua-Ha-Ha

Wicked!!

LMAO
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    Global Event: June 11, 2015

How could anyone (Yoshi2278 of Clan Leciel) accumulate 5091 AP in less than 8 minutes into the Global Event?

5091 - 85 = 5006
    5006 / 25 = 200.24
    200 + 7 = 207
    207 / 8 = 25.875 matches a minute

Is this even possible? How could anyone play 25 matches every minute?

I believe my calculations were correct. But if I miscalculated it in any way, please tell me....

P.S.

I took a screenshot of the leaderboard. I wanted to post it here, but unfortunately I don't quite know how to do it. If somebody can show me how and I will be more than happy to post it....

This player was not cheating. They seem to have been affected by an unexpected game glitch/bug. We had watched them over a period of time and their growth quickly returned to normal.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    This player was not cheating. They seem to have been affected by an unexpected game glitch/bug. We had watched them over a period of time and their growth quickly returned to normal.

Handles,

As you can see in my post, I never accused this player of cheating. It was just odd - to say the least - for anyone to come up with those numbers in a very short time. It only needed an explanation - to which you have provided. Thanks....