Maintenance 6/16/2015

HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
Hello All!

Tonight there will be a maintenance that starts at 1 a.m PST/PDT. The expected downtime for this will be about 3 to 4 hours, however this time frame is subject to change.

This update will introduce some bug fixes, chief among them is the issue with the loading times when using the Drone Fusions system.

Unfortunately this will cut into the event times for the League Event Brackets.

Note: Further updates on this will be added to this post. This update is for iOS, Android to follow afterwards.

Update 6/16/15: Issue with Android update. Update is now scheduled for Thursday June 18th 2015
Prev134567

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    That is great news! (I hope) What time zone does the 1 a.m. maintenance refer to?
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    The main question is, will the players be awarded their parts when they log back in?
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    That is great news! (I hope) What time zone does the 1 a.m. maintenance refer to?

I changed the post to reflect this. The times are in PST/PDT.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    I changed the post to reflect this. The times are in PST/PDT.

If we're using PDT time, the tournament for Monday will end with us getting the full 24 hours and maintenance will cut into day 2, am I right?
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    Please, please: why the game crashes again and again? This did not happen before .... Arrange this problem; Again and again it locks; especially when it coincides so the Dron shoots ... It is frozen and the game itself and expels lose everything. Make you the most equitable fighting. We do not put them all in the same boat; do not forget that 2 Events that let users Andoid us without Tesla and Heavy Weapon ... and many more were discontinued mistakes .... but please fix this and you cease interruptions in the midst of battle !! !! Please !!!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I would say 1AM PDT (4AM EDT) would imply that DAY #1 is safe, but DAY #2 may be shortened or even lost. Whether this means a SHORT Event or a missing day is up in the air at this point (subject to change) and depends on how successful the rollout goes.

So prepare for the possibility of losing an event day !!! Fixed DRONE feature ... I had forgotten all about them thar DRONES

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    I am trying not to get my hopes up for this upgrade. My expectations are pretty low. When is the last time that an upgrade actually fixed more problems than it created?

On a positive note, I appreciate that HANDLES gave advance notice of the shutdown. The lack of notice has been a long standing complaint on this forum, and I appreciate the heads up. Thanks, HANDLES!
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    What? There's drones in this game?

Speaking of that, I'm somewhat amazed in my tier 4 game how many guys don't put a gun on their drone. My drone at a pitiful 506 power can take out the occasional opponent with several attacks. Scares me when I duck and all of a sudden the game is over - fortunately with the vault opening up. Come on, people, you got a free weapon, use it!

Maybe they don't like the interference the drones cause. Between the smoke screens, the early starts to alert a new field, and making everyone duck and move before a sniper shot, (and lets not mention the graphics degradation!) they can be a pia.

So far on the Galaxy S 8.4 (octa-core - kind of), no freezing yet. Wonder how it would match up with all 11 maps/weapons/drone parts loaded on top of dozens of updates and PVPs with Juggs, multiple rocket sources in a short all active at once? It is a gem of a screen - one of the highest density ones out there.

Handles, thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated for the news of fixes, too - fingers crossed.
    I am trying not to get my hopes up for this upgrade. My expectations are pretty low. When is the last time that an upgrade actually fixed more problems than it created?

On a positive note, I appreciate that HANDLES gave advance notice of the shutdown. The lack of notice has been a long standing complaint on this forum, and I appreciate the heads up. Thanks, HANDLES!

My "mentor" once told me "If you expect nothing, you can never be disappointed" ... of course he was a degenerate gambler ...
    ... sent you an email, missed you this AM.

This should make maxing out your drone a breeze now. The good thing is we only have to max it out once .... I HOPE !!! It's been sitting there at 9500 power for awhile now, I'm sure it's been killed a hundred times. I was hoping that it would die in battle and leave me alone ...
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts

Agree, thanks to Handles for the heads up. I just hope that they have tested the features and fixes this time... and it would be nice to know what other "features" that are supposed to be fixed with this release.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
    bys wrote: »
    Agree, thanks to Handles for the heads up. I just hope that they have tested the features and fixes this time... and it would be nice to know what other "features" that are supposed to be fixed with this release.

Scheduled League Event Day #2 did NOT kick off (it's roughly 40 minutes overdue). ... THIS WAS expected ,,, It is 20 minutes until the scheduled upgrade for IOS; with Android to follow soon thereafter.

Tick ... Tock ... Tick ... Tock ...
  • streetboy124streetboy124 Registered Users 69 Posts
    Will the pop events resume with the same prize parts?
    Will the pop events resume with the same prize parts?

Yes ... when play resumes everything will be carried forward.
    When is the maintanence time end in Malaysian time?
    Currently the time is 4.15pm...
  • KidCruelKidCruel Registered Users 6 Posts
    YO HANDLES, will this "update" fix the issue with prizes not being awarded for watching ads? I, and others, have only been complaining about it for over 2 weeks with no response.
    The update was scheduled at announced 1 AM Pacific Time so on IOS that would be about 4 PM in ASIA I think; Android would be later on ... several hours later at least.

From what HANDLES has said it was to fix the broken DRONE feature. That's a pretty large upgrade, so I don't expect that any other fixes would be included ... Surprise Me LOL
  • bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The update was scheduled at announced 1 AM Pacific Time so on IOS that would be about 4 PM in ASIA I think; Android would be later on ... several hours later at least.

From what HANDLES has said it was to fix the broken DRONE feature. That's a pretty large upgrade, so I don't expect that any other fixes would be included ... Surprise Me LOL

Handles actually wrote that the drone thing was the big fix but it would also fix some other bugs.

Funny, but Handles never wrote how many old bugs that will be back and nothing on how many new bugs that are being added ;-)
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • YmiePJYmiePJ Registered Users 26 Posts
    When is the maintanence time end in Malaysian time?
    Currently the time is 4.15pm...

Its pass 7 pm in KL and server maintenance required several additional hours to complete.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Well I'm glad iOS is getting fixed but for android to follow? You guys might have to wait a lot longer to play in this pvp event today. I hope not but seems android always gets screwed
    That's why it was decent gesture to let us know what's going on BEFORE any Android users started investing time and gold. I suspect that GLU will get things running again by 12 Noon (PST) for a 12 hour event. If they miss that crucial window then Day #2 is lost. Again at least we knew about this ahead of time.

I sort of liked the 12 hour event ... but that's me and I play somewhat differently than most, or so I've been told **SMILES**
    YmiePJ wrote: »
    Its pass 7 pm in KL and server maintenance required several additional hours to complete.

So I take it IOS is Up and Running now?
  • Crafty42Crafty42 Registered Users 8 Posts

Negative. I wish that like other games, this was made in game. I was not aware of any server maintenance that was being done until I tried getting on this morning. That and a message that maintenance is going to last "several additional hours" tells me nothing about when to expect the game to be back online. Several hours from when? Guess I'm stuck checking back every chance I get.

Thanks for the information..hope the server update will go smoothly..

Nope still updating server
    bys wrote: »
    Handles actually wrote that the drone thing was the big fix but it would also fix some other bugs.

Funny, but Handles never wrote how many old bugs that will be back and nothing on how many new bugs that are being added ;-)

Now that's funny !!!
    This won't surprise anybody: The servers are still down on IOS. Amazon is still running, they will get the upgrade later in th day, but they did not start the second day of the Silver League. Maybe this is going to be yet another week where everybody gets screwed out of crafting a weapon.

I have 47 parts for the Guitar on IOS. Please, please, please give me one more League day!
  • NOTIMEFORPVPNOTIMEFORPVP Registered Users 15 Posts
    in addition to the drone part fusions I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked the matchmaking system a little bit as well as possibly fixing the load times I think that was mentioned earlier as well to.
    it would be pretty interesting to see full detailed patch notes like a lot of other games do. It's always nice to see the full extent of the work the developers do.
    This won't surprise anybody: The servers are still down on IOS. Amazon is still running, they will get the upgrade later in th day, but they did not start the second day of the Silver League. Maybe this is going to be yet another week where everybody gets screwed out of crafting a weapon.

I have 47 parts for the Guitar on IOS. Please, please, please give me one more League day!

That 47 parts is a strange one for you ... did you fall asleep yesterday? **SMILES** The good news is that if the IOS servers are down, then they're being upgraded. The bad news is what if they won't come back up?
    That 47 parts is a strange one for you ... did you fall asleep yesterday? **SMILES** The good news is that if the IOS servers are down, then they're being upgraded. The bad news is what if they won't come back up?

There was a 50 point gap to get to 3rd and the 16 part prize. I wasn't willing to pony up the gold so I got 12 for 5th. It is an Assault and I just can't see throwing a lot of money at it.

I am going to find your weapons thread and post my thoughts on weapons "deflation."
    I already have 36 parts weapon if The server not update yet will lost The weapon