Options

Drone weapon parts?

bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
Is there anyone that could explain the drone weapon parts for me?

As an example:
I have 100+ of this 51K power machine gun. Why do I need more than one?
Only one could be equipped?

2mo8j2w.png
===============
One BITE at a time!

Comments

• Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    bys wrote: »
    Is there anyone that could explain the drone weapon parts for me?

As an example:
    I have 100+ of this 51K power machine gun. Why do I need more than one?
    Only one could be equipped?

2mo8j2w.png

Ok here is what I have discovered.You can use those extra parts to upgrade your drone weapons.
    There are actually two different upgrades to these drones.
    First the main body drone that uses those little vials that we get for milestones then the drone weapons that we put on our drone.
    So upgrading the weapons themselves will eventually eat up all those untold hundreds of extra weapons parts.
  • Options
    Merc316 wrote: »
    Ok here is what I have discovered.You can use those extra parts to upgrade your drone weapons.
    There are actually two different upgrades to these drones.
    First the main body drone that uses those little vials that we get for milestones then the drone weapons that we put on our drone.
    So upgrading the weapons themselves will eventually eat up all those untold hundreds of extra weapons parts.

So when clicking upgrade on the machine gun and then fuse you see the same parts as when you click on change on the machine gun?? I don't get it to add up.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    So when clicking upgrade on the machine gun and then fuse you see the same parts as when you click on change on the machine gun?? I don't get it to add up.

As I view yuu screenshot it looks like you are not on IOS and don't have the software update. The old version of the software didn't allow upgrades. Don't try it will lock up your machine.

Once you have the software update, the upgrade screen will allow you to use parts to upgrade your weapon, but only to the power level of your drown. It is still confusing, but at least it is possible. After the software upgrade, let's take another look at how it works.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    As I view yuu screenshot it looks like you are not on IOS and don't have the software update. The old version of the software didn't allow upgrades. Don't try it will lock up your machine.

Once you have the software update, the upgrade screen will allow you to use parts to upgrade your weapon, but only to the power level of your drown. It is still confusing, but at least it is possible. After the software upgrade, let's take another look at how it works.

I am on iOS and have the latest update. I just cut off the top part of the printscreen.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    The part will fuse to a drone of 51k or more power pushing blue arrow bottom left gets lower powered parts for the drone
    ( + )
  • Options
    The part will fuse to a drone of 51k or more power pushing blue arrow bottom left gets lower powered parts for the drone

The new upgrade allows you to swipe left to get to lower value parts. Much faster.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The new upgrade allows you to swipe left to get to lower value parts. Much faster.

Yes at least it works to get into the drone weapons now but I still don't get it.

The screnshot is from when I clicked "change" under machine gun. Why do I need to see 100+ of the same machine gun when I want to change machine gun?
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    Yes at least it works to get into the drone weapons now but I still don't get it.

The screnshot is from when I clicked "change" under machine gun. Why do I need to see 100+ of the same machine gun when I want to change machine gun?

It doesn't make any sense to have all those icons. You may remember the old Drones. They showed a single icon with a number inset into it that showed the number of them that you owned. That same solution should work here, but they haven't done it. I am just grateful that you can actually scroll through them now. They haven't come up with an elegant solution, but it is a solution. As always with Glu, don't try to understand what they have done, just figure out a way to work with it.