Options

Let's talk about clans...

NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
With the new clan pvp event coming (probably :-) ) in 16hrs, I thought I should get your feedback regarding the clans system and event.
I have a decent clan named EURO (nr10 in all-time leaderboard so far). There is a bunch of people staying loyal to the clan no matter what, fighting as much as they like, going after the weapon prizes and the clan's improvement. We are cool, not stressed up.
At the end of the day:
A) you cannot compete with the Russians, the Elites, the Pat Clan! (Patrick Poillot's clan, too bad I can't speak French. Patrick, I'm sorry! LOL) and
B) even if you win one of the top-5 spots, what would someone do with an overpowered drone accessory when at the same time you try to get rid of the ones you have already!

AND THEN, you have the wanderers, the adventurers, the fortune hunters, the opportunists, the ones who will leave the clan when they find an opening at the above mentioned clans. I really cannot understand those guys. I actually feel sorry for them but anyway.

For the end, a couple of quick questions:
1) Wouldn't it be far more entertaining for you guys if the awards were not drones accessories but weapons of free upgrades?
2) Aren't you sick and tired of playing the same old missions and bases and pvp's?

Thanks
You will go where you look at...

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I am a member of the Elites and I know that we and Clan Russia are an irritant to everybody. That being said, I find my clan to be the best part of the game. The chat is fun and informative. They bring energy to the game.

The Clan prize structure is useless and I think that is a good thing. If you raise the value of the win, you will simply increase the the pressure on game play. Right now, clan leadership is essentially for the bragging rights, and that is a good thing.

Yup, the missions are really getting boring. I am having more fun after the upgrade, since I now get a wider variety of opponents. It would be nice to see something new.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Clans a good addition rehashed campaign was very lazy I'd like to see incentive for clan members to join global clan events with weapons offered exclusively in clan wins as drone parts are not an incentive to join in clan events we need some clan vs clan tournaments in an arena
    ( + )
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    We shlould extens the prize strucute to top 10. Why the hell is it top 7? Makes no **** sense.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    How many clans are there? Kindle has top twenty listing but there's a lot more clans than 20 as clan names come up in global chat I don't recognise
    ( + )
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am a member of the Elites and I know that we and Clan Russia are an irritant to everybody. That being said, I find my clan to be the best part of the game. The chat is fun and informative. They bring energy to the game.

The Clan prize structure is useless and I think that is a good thing. If you raise the value of the win, you will simply increase the the pressure on game play. Right now, clan leadership is essentially for the bragging rights, and that is a good thing.

Yup, the missions are really getting boring. I am having more fun after the upgrade, since I now get a wider variety of opponents. It would be nice to see something new.

You know what I'm really jealous of all you said?
    "The chat is fun and informative. They bring energy to the game."
    In our clan (me being the clan leader is out of essence), my teammates lay low and don't talk too much. On one side it's my fault that I don't inspire them to talk. On the other side I think that it has to do with my impression that not all people in my clan can see my comments and I can't see theirs. For example in global chat, I can only see some Greek 10 year olds bragging and bullying each other. I've never seen a comment from you, Patrick, AUSAUSA, amsoft, oldman etc
    Have you noticed that?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    You know what I'm really jealous of all you said?
    "The chat is fun and informative. They bring energy to the game."
    In our clan (me being the clan leader is out of essence), my teammates lay low and don't talk too much. On one side it's my fault that I don't inspire them to talk. On the other side I think that it has to do with my impression that not all people in my clan can see my comments and I can't see theirs. For example in global chat, I can only see some Greek 10 year olds bragging and bullying each other. I've never seen a comment from you, Patrick, AUSAUSA, amsoft, oldman etc
    Have you noticed that?

I will be honest, I never tune in to Global chat. At best it is insipid, at worst, offensive bordering on criminal. Avoid it like the plague. Many other serious players do the same. AUSAUSA is in my clan and doesn't say much there either. OLDMAN is an active contributor to the Elites Clan Chat. They also have an active Groupme chat as well. Great folks. My advice is check out the most highly ranked clans that you can get into and see if you like their style. It adds a lot to the game.
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I was in the "Patrick clan" and all he was interested in was how many points you could score. That was all he ever talked about. It was very boring and since I didn't spend an ungodly amount of money I found myself booted like many others. I played quite a bit and did help out the clan but it was all business. Am not taking it that seriously and want to have fun in a clan but not be pressured to spend hundreds of bucks to win some worthless prize. Anyway will find another clan that I can have fun in.
  • Options
    I was in the "Patrick clan" and all he was interested in was how many points you could score. That was all he ever talked about. It was very boring and since I didn't spend an ungodly amount of money I found myself booted like many others. I played quite a bit and did help out the clan but it was all business. Am not taking it that seriously and want to have fun in a clan but not be pressured to spend hundreds of bucks to win some worthless prize. Anyway will find another clan that I can have fun in.

Smokinjoe44 is your game name too?
    I would really love to have a decent interlocutor in our clan.
    Unless you've allready found a new one
  • Options
    BBMMATTBBMMATT Registered Users 6 Posts

Hello. I followed your posts and I agree with you two. I have a clan that I am building. We are getting better each week. I am really trying to get people that play and enjoy playing. I just added three really good players this last week. The more active players...the better we will get...the more fun we have...the more conversations that occur. I enjoy this game more so than any other game I've played. Sounds like you enjoy it as well. Who knows what Glu will do for the future. They have reinvented the game twice right when it became too redundant. And each time my enjoyment was renewed. If you want a clan like mine then please don't hesitate to request. I just switched it to invite for the last couple spots. Not sure if that is the best way to do it, but... Our clan is called BADMOFOES. We keep it pg, try to have fun and compete. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks 1BADMOFOE
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts

Sorry that you left. Just wanted to let you know that in the chat Patrick said that he didn't know what happened. He hadn't kicked out those 10 that all of the sudden left his clan.
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    BBMMATT wrote: »
    Hello. I followed your posts and I agree with you two. I have a clan that I am building. We are getting better each week. I am really trying to get people that play and enjoy playing. I just added three really good players this last week. The more active players...the better we will get...the more fun we have...the more conversations that occur. I enjoy this game more so than any other game I've played. Sounds like you enjoy it as well. Who knows what Glu will do for the future. They have reinvented the game twice right when it became too redundant. And each time my enjoyment was renewed. If you want a clan like mine then please don't hesitate to request. I just switched it to invite for the last couple spots. Not sure if that is the best way to do it, but... Our clan is called BADMOFOES. We keep it pg, try to have fun and compete. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks 1BADMOFOE

Hey BBMMATT
    How did the event roll for the Badmofoes?