Options

Opponent Ducks Under Catwalk?

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
The strangest thing I've seen yet. After eliminating all enemies except the spook and his drone, I found myself in a battle with only the drone (or so I thought).

After taking out the drone, I was taking fire from directly below the "catwalk" ... I know because my drone was going nuts shooting straight down !!!

Unfortunately, I could not get a clear shot and the clock expired ... Huh?
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    The strangest thing I've seen yet. After eliminating all enemies except the spook and his drone, I found myself in a battle with only the drone (or so I thought).

After taking out the drone, I was taking fire from directly below the "catwalk" ... I know because my drone was going nuts shooting straight down !!!

Unfortunately, I could not get a clear shot and the clock expired ... Huh?

Same thing happened to me last week. I even fired a rocket, hoping to blast the little bugger loose. No use, lost the match.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me last week. I even fired a rocket, hoping to blast the little bugger loose. No use, lost the match.

So now on top of everything else with these max'd out drones and defenses, the little bugger can call NO JOY when you move in for the kill and hide until the clock expires?

Man this is getting better by the moment LMAO BTW mine was that SHORT that uses the LONG game map so all I had at my disposal were knives and grenades ... JEEZ
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    You have to hand to Glu, whatever their other shortcomings, they do have a sense of humor!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    You have to hand to Glu, whatever their other shortcomings, they do have a sense of humor!

True ... you're not gonna believe this one !!!! I just got another CONTENT UPDATE and when it restarted my entire League Event AP was reset to ZERO and I'm in a completely different bracket. If I really needed those weapons parts I'd be ready to disembowel someone LMAO

I sure hope this doesn't happen again .... Good Grief

Then after one battle, my AP came back but I'm still in a different bracket ??? Weird.
  • Options
    True ... you're not gonna believe this one !!!! I just got another CONTENT UPDATE and when it restarted my entire League Event AP was reset to ZERO and I'm in a completely different bracket. If I really needed those weapons parts I'd be ready to disembowel someone LMAO

I sure hope this doesn't happen again .... Good Grief

Then after one battle, my AP came back but I'm still in a different bracket ??? Weird.

Just got a break from work and wanted to check on League progress and guess what ...

Another Content Update which resulted in me being placed in another BRACKET again ... JEEZ LOUISE ... AP were restored after taking on a battle (just like before). The only difference is this bracket has only 8 players with AP; six others are "N/A". What the hell?

The number of players is climbing ... I now think it's the algorithm re-shuffling the brackets to even things out a bit; I'm definitely not playing the way I typically do AND "it" has figured this out most likely. Interesting indeed ...

UPDATE: "it" just placed someone else in my bracket ABOVE my RANKING !!! Now THIS IS A PROBLEM.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    You have been flagged a trouble maker, and will hence be troubled. GLU's got your name and number.

Like you said, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    You have been flagged a trouble maker, and will hence be troubled. GLU's got your name and number.

Like you said, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

LMAO .... most likely true
  • Options
    So now on top of everything else with these max'd out drones and defenses, the little bugger can call NO JOY when you move in for the kill and hide until the clock expires?

Man this is getting better by the moment LMAO BTW mine was that SHORT that uses the LONG game map so all I had at my disposal were knives and grenades ... JEEZ

I thought this was behind me ... I just had my WIN streak halted due to spook hiding under my feet (catwalk) where I couldn't shoot him LMAO That doesn't bother me as much as the graphics have gotten so bad after my latest upgrades, that I am quickly loosing interest in the game ... again !!!
  • Options
    YagershotsYagershots Registered Users 7 Posts
    I thought this was behind me ... I just had my WIN streak halted due to spook hiding under my feet (catwalk) where I couldn't shoot him LMAO That doesn't bother me as much as the graphics have gotten so bad after my latest upgrades, that I am quickly loosing interest in the game ... again !!!

Just happen to me too. Sad stuff that is happening to this game.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I've had opponent jump over balcony whilst drone takes the stairs almost rolereversal weird thinking it's supposed to be the other way around!
    ( + )
  • Options
    I've had opponent jump over balcony whilst drone takes the stairs almost rolereversal weird thinking it's supposed to be the other way around!

Yep ... it appears these buggers can take any path to get to the battle field when they feel threatened. Be proud ... you've struck FEAR in your adversary. LOL
  • Options
    First game of the day with 101 win streak, and can't find final target. Have my eyes not woken up yet? I cleared the field, and finally notice my bird dog drone pointing straight down firing! Don't see the guy's name tag, not sure if he's stuck or what! Guess I should have taken a screen shot so others no what to look for - lousy way to start the day!

Couldn't believe this thread was possible, but then, no glitch is impossible with GLU, LOL!
  • Options
    I like your explanation better and there was me thinking it's a glitch!
    ( + )
  • Options
    If it's a short would grenades work as they seem to home in?
    ( + )
  • Options
    This is on the upper rear cat walk on a long mission. Bradr752 said above, that he tried a rocket with no luck. Trying to target the spook by where the drone bullets are going doesn't seem to work - I tried about 4 full tesla loads with no results. I think the drone's range of fire was blocked too, seeing as Bradr752 has a 51K drone that could have done the job.

Chalk up another land mind to GLU!
  • Options
    I'm no longer bothering with rockets in longs there ineffective against 11star base shame these bugs ruin the gameplay
    ( + )
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Can you provide screen shots of this issue happening?
  • Options
    Handles wrote: »
    Can you provide screen shots of this issue happening?

That may be a tough one for most, but being that I'm playing for weapons upgrade diamonds, I'll burn a battle to see if I can capture a good shot.
  • Options
    I'm no longer bothering with rockets in longs there ineffective against 11star base shame these bugs ruin the gameplay

rocket_exhibit1.png

rocket_exhibit2.png

rocket_exhibit3.png

First a few caveats:

As fate would have it, I was matched with the same exact scenario 3 times in a row, so this was the best I could do for you ... I'll keep trying though. I also moved my sights to capture a clear shot, then centered on the MERC in the middle to fire the rocket when he popped his head up.

The MERC that took the DIRECT hit, had most of his HEALTH drained, but survived.
    The SPECIAL FORCES guy on the LEFT/FRONT was not fazed at all.
    The SPECIAL FORCES guy on the RIGHT/REAR lost a little less than 1/2 his health

If these were JUGGS or SENTRIES I could understand the results. But these are just infantry folk; certainly a MERC should bot be able to take a direct hit from a rocket.

I'll try to capture other images to aid in resolving some of the issues.
  • Options
    Thankyou my experience has been exactly the same but I'm all out of rockets and not buying more just to prove they're as much use as a chocolate tea pot
    ( + )
  • Options
    Thankyou my experience has been exactly the same but I'm all out of rockets and not buying more just to prove they're as much use as a chocolate tea pot

NP I had a few rockets to burn anyway and stopped using them some time back ... if they can be of some use then it's worth it.

I should also mention that I won all three battles because I am in desperate need of diamonds. Aside from the one rocket it also cost me a medkit ... still a small price to pay **SMILES**
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    I should have specified that I mean the issue that this thread was originally created for. Any chance you have screen shots of the opponent being under the catwalk where you can't shoot them?

As for the rocket/grenade damage, this is a known issue and is being worked on currently. Normally when you reach a new region the damages of these consumables are supposed to increase.
  • Options
    I should have specified that I mean the issue that this thread was originally created for. Any chance you have screen shots of the opponent being under the catwalk where you can't shoot them?

As for the rocket/grenade damage, this is a known issue and is being worked on currently. Normally when you reach a new region the damages of these consumables are supposed to increase.

Here you Go ...

catwalk.png

This was posted by another player, but essentially the same exact thing happened to me. The enemy has taken cover under the catwalk and it's impossible to get at him. The drone sees him and is firing straight down ... problem is he's too weak to do any damage. Grenades and knives are useless as well ... there's nothing available to throw at ... you know that little blue bullseye.
  • Options
    Put seek and destroy option on drone to developers handles would make for a good option many would appreciate
    ( + )
  • Options
    freddagofreddago Registered Users 39 Posts
    Here you Go ...

catwalk.png

This was posted by another player, but essentially the same exact thing happened to me. The enemy has taken cover under the catwalk and it's impossible to get at him. The drone sees him and is firing straight down ... problem is he's too weak to do any damage.

Maybe this additional info helps. The enemy is not stuck in this one position, he is running from side to side but always under the floor. He is impossible to hit also when he is over on the left side.
  • Options
    Scorpion, at least you had targeted the opponent to "tag" him showing his name. In the long battle I had where he ends up under the rear upper deck, I looked and looked for him, tesla blasting the length of the walkway, and the "tag" never appeared. Just saw the drone shooting straight down with him being the last player on the field. The only thing a screen shot would have shown is the floor which doesn't prove anything!
  • Options

OK That particular shot(s) were taken from my Android device. I am currently working my way through the latest REGION named "Ascension!", so I am not sure what you're referring to. You did mention this before when I asked, so please clarify ... do I need to FINISH the campaign OR was it supposed to be fixed in Ascension!? OR is the fix coming next month?
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Scorpion, at least you had targeted the opponent to "tag" him showing his name. In the long battle I had where he ends up under the rear upper deck, I looked and looked for him, tesla blasting the length of the walkway, and the "tag" never appeared. Just saw the drone shooting straight down with him being the last player on the field. The only thing a screen shot would have shown is the floor which doesn't prove anything!

Yeah he had the tag because he was hit earlier and RAN and HID like a 9 yo girl LMAO
  • Options
    I've also encountered in a LONG when the enemy's tag is visibly moving as he is scooting around behind a wall ... NO FOUL though, I just blasted him to MARS with my TESLA ... I wish I had taken a shot, that one was really amusing.

You know and without appearing too sympathetic, I can appreciate the technical effort the developers are putting in given the 30 day release schedule they must meet. It's human nature with all the thousands of weapons parts, drones parts, base upgrades, bug fixes and the lot, that glitches continue to slip through every now and again.

Some bugs like the VP total thing and not getting GOLD when reaching a milestone are symptoms of fatigue, nothing else.

It's high time, GLU, that you give your developers and customers a breather, we HAVE earned it ... a one month hiatus should do the trick, besides ...
    ... Monsoon season is approaching ...

**SMILES**
  • Options
    This would make complete sense with the continual doubling of base upgrades and latest weapon upgrades. It will help when payouts increase, too. I just topped off my Tier 10 base. Now I need to concentrate on the Medusa if the power matchups actually occur as Bradr has said. I will still be way behind once I up to the next base, then everything goes to M from K values!

I may be in Tier 11 forever! Please, GLU - give us an extra month before more insanity! YOU NEED THE TIME TO CONCENTRATE ON MORE FIXES. Not just a new rehashed mission location and Tier 12 release!