How Are We Doing: GLOBAL 06/18/15

amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
Google Android 2 DAYS 20 HOURS REMAINING IN GLOBAL EVENT
Event Was About 17 Hours Late In Starting Due To System Maintenance and Upgrades

RANK #1: 6,396 AP (NOTINMEFORPVP)
RANK #2: 5,713 AP (DIEGO)
RANK #30: 2,519 AP (OMOH)
RANK #80: 1,048 AP (SCORPION)

Got off to an unusual early lead, I always come on late. But since most did NOT get the start time memo, I took advantage and made an early move; I hate sitting on a lead so early in the competition, so I went to bed (too much Jack, I suppose).

*** SMILES ***

Delayed start or NOT, the leaders are where they should be AND so am I LOL
Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
Prev134567

Comments

• unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    IOS 2 days 19 hrs 45mins remaining

Rank 1 Sidver 11496 AP

Rank 30 3871 AP

Rank 213 me 1560 AP
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    unhappy wrote: »

Rank 1 Sidver 11496 AP

Rank 30 3871 AP

Rank 213 me 1560 AP

As my "unhappy" friend said:

Rank 1 Sidver 11496 AP

Rank 30 3871 AP

Rank 257 me 1510 AP

So, SCORPION, I get 1510AP being 213th and you get 80th with 1048AP? Nice job! :-)
    You will go where you look at...
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    As my "unhappy" friend said:

Rank 1 Sidver 11496 AP

Rank 30 3871 AP

Rank 257 me 1510 AP

So, SCORPION, I get 1510AP being 213th and you get 80th with 1048AP? Nice job! :-)

REMEMBER we started 17 hours after you did LOL Usually I would have 2,500-3,000 AP by now.

So my friend, you are exactly where you're supposed to be AND so am I **SMILES** It never fails to mystify me how some always seem to think they are at a disadvantage somehow. You give em a full days head start, if you will, and they still find something to complain about.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    REMEMBER we started 17 hours after you did LOL Usually I would have 2,500-3,000 AP by now.

So my friend, you are exactly where you're supposed to be AND so am I **SMILES** It never fails to mystify me how some always seem to think they are at a disadvantage somehow. You give em a full days head start, if you will, and they still find something to complain about.

1) "It never fails to mystify me how some always seem to think they are at a disadvantage somehow."
    I hope you understand I am not one of those "some". I was only joking. Maybe my poor english didn't get the message across and I honestly apologize for that.

2) "You give em a full days head start, if you will, and they still find something to complain about"
    You call those 17hours a head start? It should be at least 36! LOL
    NO FOUL apology is accepted, but you know what you were trying to say and so do I ... no problem, it's only a game.
    NO FOUL apology is accepted, but you know what you were trying to say and so do I ... no problem, it's only a game.

Thank you. ;-)
    If you take a look at my post (here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?138207-Multiple-devices-problem&p=310406#post310406) which I addressed to you 70 minutes before, you'll realize that I wasn't trying to say anything else other than make an obviously unsuccessful joke. I didn't even know before that we compete on different leagues.
    Anyway, water under the river.
    Thanks again SCORPION.

By the way, can someone please answer those questions? :-)

1) IOS players is referring to people playing on iphone/ipad. Android players is for people playing on android cells/tablets. Amazon players? What is this for?

2) If we all play on different systems, do we compete on different leagues too?

3) The mystery with the tie breaker on brackets during league events. Who ends up being first at the end? The one who there first/last? The one who spent more gold? Alphabetically? Does anyone trully know?
    Yes I saw your post and JUST NOW answered your questions, I hope that helps some ... don't sweat it ... my sense of humor doesn't kick in until I have some coffee LOL

Good Hunting !!!
    I just saw it. It's a great help!
    THANKS!
    Just a comment on game play. I have found the graphics have improved but aren't perfect. Since I've been tinkering with my devices settings, I have found you will need the following to eliminate these related problems entirely.

2.0 GHz CPU or better
    450 MHz GPU

As with some software upgrades, and Microsoft immediately comes to mind, sometimes you simply need a better machine to take advantage of the new features. I don't think GLU is going to rollback features, so to speak, to fix this type of problem however.

It would be nice for them to publish some sort of minimum requirements so that people going in know what to expect.

Another option, and many other games have adopted this solution, would be to allow the player to select the level of graphics detail they can live with (i.e. exploding rounds, contrails, tracer rounds, etc. MIN, AVG, MAX sort of thing). Those with devices capable of highly detailed sprites and textures can select that ... those with moderately capable devices can select lesser detail, if they wish. But how long would that actually take to implement? For now we're just stuck with what we have.

All devices are not created equally, and not all players use the same device in the same way.

On another note, I also find that, iPad users experiencing these issues, really surprising. But if your device is a year or more past it's prime, it may be time for a newer model. Tablets / phones are still evolving and were never designed to live past a year or two anyway; that's another topic of conversation though.
    Google Android 2 DAYS 16.5 HOURS REMAINING IN GLOBAL EVENT (17 HOURS LOST)

RANK #1: 8,946 AP (PCHELA) ... Last Weekend's WINNER, glad you could make it Bro.
    RANK #2: 8,871 AP (NOTINMEFORPVP) ... DIEGO slipped to RANK #4 6,579 AP.
    RANK #30: 3,394 AP (GADGETHOUND) .... OMOH has dropped the ball.
    RANK #86: 1,448 AP (SCORPION) ... I've slipped a bit, but hey the leaders are back.

It didn't take long for the GLOBAL to restore itself back to normal, given a 17 hour delay.

You can really just about set your watch using the results, it never ever changes.

Next update at 1.5 DAYS REMAINING.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Amazon
    2 days 1 hours
    1st range 6118
    15th tec78 1995
    30th scanner 1341 ap
    ( + )
    2 days and 16 hour's
    ( + )
    Ranger 1st
    tec78 15th
    schanzer 30th
    ( + )
    Cleaned House? Nope Wait A Minute ... What's That Beneath My Feet ... You See Him Boy? Get 'Em ... NOT

catwalk_global.png

This one issue persists and cost me my WIN STREAK !!! I can tell you he didn't get there by running the length of the battle field either ... he was ALWAYS there.
    We need heat seeking missiles adding to the shop sucks you lose winstreak I've had a short where opponent hid halfway up stairwell and wouldn't come out that sucked too
    ( + )
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    If it was a long, no problem. Makes you want to bump your device to jostle him out of his self-imposed trap. They can jump out of windows steping on imaginary stairs in the air, why not jump through walls?

We need EMP grenades - create a local tesla style blast!
    My winstreak been reset to zero 4 times by kindle logging off during pvp using home wifi serious bug affecting other members of joinifyouclan
    ( + )
    My winstreak been reset to zero 4 times by kindle logging off during pvp using home wifi serious bug affecting other members of joinifyouclan

When you say logging off are you saying the game suddenly exited with no warning?
    Sadly that is the case game exits after pvp starts causing winstreak to reset to zero and energy used making my position as 15th hard to hold onto
    ( + )
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Can someone tell me at what win streak does the ap rewards change
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me at what win streak does the ap rewards change

I think 100 BRONZE ... 1,000 ... 2,500 SILVER ... 3,000 ... 4,000 50 GOLD ... 8,500 GOLD LEAGUE
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The win streak awards are 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 and 25 for the seventh and subsequent wins.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The win streak awards are 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 and 25 for the seventh and subsequent wins.

Oops had something else on my mind SORRY MUDBUG ... got all my drone weapons up to speed BRAD
    Oops had something else on my mind SORRY MUDBUG ... got all my drone weapons up to speed BRAD

Great work! Now work on getting that Drone t 51 K!
    Great work! Now work on getting that Drone t 51 K!

I am ... is it me, OR have they stopped giving us drone parts. I noticed in during the last league event but wasn't sure until now, I guess either it's a screwup OR they wanted to stop the problem from getting any worse. That would explain why they haven't collapsed the parts into groups. Did you notice this on IOS?

More updates to follow for sure ...
    I am ... is it me, OR have they stopped giving us drone parts. I noticed in during the last league event but wasn't sure until now, I guess either it's a screwup OR they wanted to stop the problem from getting any worse. That would explain why they haven't collapsed the parts into groups. Did you notice this on IOS?

More updates to follow for sure ...

Yes, they have stop giving weapons parts, which I viewed as a good thing. Also note that the Ascension campaign doesn't give away upgrade Drone parts, which you need to upgrade the Drone itself. I am going back to Kill Club and The Unchosen campaigns to get parts to craft the Drones.

The upper level weapons (92 K) are given away as Clan prizes in the Globals. I am told that there are 79 K weapons out there, but I haven't seen any. How do you keep track of all this?
    Yes, they have stop giving weapons parts, which I viewed as a good thing. Also note that the Ascension campaign doesn't give away upgrade Drone parts, which you need to upgrade the Drone itself. I am going back to Kill Club and The Unchosen campaigns to get parts to craft the Drones.

The upper level weapons (92 K) are given away as Clan prizes in the Globals. I am told that there are 79 K weapons out there, but I haven't seen any. How do you keep track of all this?

That's true ... we have enough parts for awhile. What's your theory on how people have had 369k drones all this time? I can't figure it out .... even if they had all the diamonds required I just can't see how they did it, but then again patience of that nature has NEVER been my strong point. **SMILES**

I mean you're at 51-60K the last I checked and that's only a fraction ... JEEZ
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Thanks for the info guys, kinda disheartening because at that rate i never see myself as a contender for winning any weapons outright without spending serious gold. My measly 8.6k drone is a fly in the drone world but it still serves a purpose of pointing out tagets. I throw the pup a bone every now and then by softening up the boss and letting him get the kill shot lol
    That's true ... we have enough parts for awhile. What's your theory on how people have had 369k drones all this time? I can't figure it out .... even if they had all the diamonds required I just can't see how they did it, but then again patience of that nature has NEVER been my strong point. **SMILES**

I mean you're at 51-60K the last I checked and that's only a fraction ... JEEZ

I am a member of the top Clan in both IOS and Amazon, which have all of the top players on both platforms. None of them have over 80 K drones. PatrickPiolllot, who is number 1 on the All-Time leaderboard on IOS has a 105 K drone. Gary0694, top ranked on Amazon has a Drone at 26.9. The highest Drone power that I can find on either leaderboard is Tonyzaper22, who is ranked 4th on IOS, right behind me, he has a 123 K Drone. Anything higher than that is a figment of somebody's imagination.

BTW, 369 K Drones are not that difficult to defeat. Everybody on the forum is obsessed by them, but if you actually take one on, they are not particularly difficult. The problem has been video breakup. If you can track them, they are not difficult to kill. On my ipad which has no video problems, I don't have any problem with them. The Drones above 51 K are an offensive threat, but defensively not so much.
    NOT THIS TIME !!!

drone_sos.png

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and LITTLE ME will get you ... Last night after at least 3 meaningful WIN STREAKS halted due to persistent game issues, I started this battle with yet another win streak in the balance. To NO surprise, as soon as I moved UP to attack the JUGG and his gang, the controls again disappeared or refused to respond ... here we go again ... just as I was contemplating whether or not to FORFEIT, LITTLE ME locked on to the spook. I said why not see if all the training for my baby boy has paid off. First he blanketed me with a SHIELD and then proceeded to save the day, killing the spook and preserving my WIN STREAK ... way to go LITTLE ME.