Options

184.32k DEFENSE...23.3K STOLEN...R U KIDDING ME?

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
What the heck...i just had 23.3k stolen from me, and in playing my 3 PVP matches, i came across a 184.32 base defense...how is that even possible? Is Glu telling us that u now go from a 92k BD up to 184k, with nothing in between? I couldnt even beat the 92k BD even tho my weapon power is the same, and now we're going 2 get matched against 184k BD??? Come on, what kind of sense does that make? And why is it that when i was doing my PVP and trying 2 find matches that i cud win, that i didnt come across one that offered the 23k that was just stolen from me? The most i saw was the same as b4, 13.55k. So far, this update is looking just as bad as the 3.0 update. Hopefully my game/app wont keep crashing every 10-15 mins like it has been 4 almost the last 2 wks. I have no idea how the drone system is working as i wasnt even wasting my time with that b4...took 2 long, was 2 confusing, and required way 2 many diamonds.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    What the heck...i just had 23.3k stolen from me, and in playing my 3 PVP matches, i came across a 184.32 base defense...how is that even possible? Is Glu telling us that u now go from a 92k BD up to 184k, with nothing in between? I couldnt even beat the 92k BD even tho my weapon power is the same, and now we're going 2 get matched against 184k BD??? Come on, what kind of sense does that make? And why is it that when i was doing my PVP and trying 2 find matches that i cud win, that i didnt come across one that offered the 23k that was just stolen from me? The most i saw was the same as b4, 13.55k. So far, this update is looking just as bad as the 3.0 update. Hopefully my game/app wont keep crashing every 10-15 mins like it has been 4 almost the last 2 wks. I have no idea how the drone system is working as i wasnt even wasting my time with that b4...took 2 long, was 2 confusing, and required way 2 many diamonds.

Sorry you're getting hit for so many diamonds.

With regards to the BASE POWER, they changed the ratings system somewhat. Think of it this way, what was 92K is now 184K. If you start upgrading your TIER 11 BASE you will see the relative values that lie between.

I have also found that the matchups are more "fair", for lack of a better term.

I feel your frustration, I encountered the infamous "RE-SYNCHRONIZATION ERROR" this morning. Some things have been fixed, other issues still remain, but overall I believe they've made progress.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    The offering of lowered powered bases with 23K diamonds offered is going to raise a huge stink!

Now I feel bad "steeling" from these guys, but the alternative is spinning the wheel and ending up loosing out on the higher payout as well as the spinning.

What used to be 90% of the players offered were bots, now appears more like 30-40% which means more actual players suffer. Maybe when the global gets rockin' more this won't be the case.

It's very unfair to loose that much if you're a Tier 9 defense producing so much less. Maybe those tiers disappearsapear when I step up to Tier 11, but it still won't change the situation for them.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    The offering of lowered powered bases with 23K diamonds offered is going to raise a huge stink!

Now I feel bad "steeling" from these guys, but the alternative is spinning the wheel and ending up loosing out on the higher payout as well as the spinning.

What used to be 90% of the players offered were bots, now appears more like 30-40% which means more actual players suffer. Maybe when the global gets rockin' more this won't be the case.

It's very unfair to loose that much if you're a Tier 9 defense producing so much less. Maybe those tiers disappearsapear when I step up to Tier 11, but it still won't change the situation for them.

I agree with you entirely about the "fairness" with regards to diamonds. It's GLU's way of saying, "Upgrade Your Base or Pay The Price". The difference being that in order to WIN 25k diamonds, for example, you need to fight a superior opponent.

Parity does have it's limits however. You can't expect to be "treated" as if you had a max'd out drone/defense and a 12.0 rated weapons a*r*s*e*nal, then the whole point of UPGRADES would be meaningless, and we cannot have that right !!!

It's sort of like the big bad bully taking your lunch money, but when you stand up to him and try to get it back, you find he's already spent half of it **SMILES** If they're going to provide a "REVERNGE" option, they should, in the very least, make it possible to get back what was stolen from you.

That's what "revenge" is ... getting EVEN. LOL
  • Options
    Ok, this is friggin ridiculous...i only had about 50k diamonds in my vault when i left my 1st job this afternoon, and when i came hm 2nite from my 2nd job, i found i was attacked twice 4 over 14k diamonds each time, that is bull c r a p! With the amt of diamonds i am losing everytime i get attacked, my vault is going 2 b wiped out in no time. Once again, another update that sucks! Not 2 mention, the issue i have been having with the game/app crashing has not stopped. Man, cant Glu do anything right????
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Ok, this is friggin ridiculous...i only had about 50k diamonds in my vault when i left my 1st job this afternoon, and when i came hm 2nite from my 2nd job, i found i was attacked twice 4 over 14k diamonds each time, that is bull c r a p! With the amt of diamonds i am losing everytime i get attacked, my vault is going 2 b wiped out in no time. Once again, another update that sucks! Not 2 mention, the issue i have been having with the game/app crashing has not stopped. Man, cant Glu do anything right????

I got a solution for you, leave your game on so you don't get attacked or use enough energy to upgrade your base!
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts

I'm in Tier 11 and those Tier 9 bases are still there.Lol the only difference now is the payout is 37.2K per win.
    Most of those Tier 9 players got their base to weapons out of sync by playing for the latest greatest blaster they could get and now they are showing up on the big boys boards.
  • Options
    I got a solution for you, leave your game on so you don't get attacked or use enough energy to upgrade your base!
    I play on my phone, so i cant leave it on at my 2nd job, but ever since almost 2 wks ago, i cant leave it on anyway, bc it keeps crashing every 10-15 mins. I keep logging in but the game/app keeps crashing, it sucks so bad!
  • Options
    geolikegeolike Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 22 Posts
    well the new skill= more gold
  • Options
    I am so ticked off right now. I dont know how Glu rigged this now in determining how many diamonds get stolen from a base, but i am getting taken 4 14k-24k every time and my base defense power is only 29k, but yet i am getting matched up with bases up to 184k, and am only getting rewarded with 4k, 6k, wimpy amts like that...how the heck is that fair and how does it even make sense? The most diamonds i have been able 2 get (only once so far) has been 14k. Glu SUCKS!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    After some mixed experiences with the global, I'm very happy with the larger 23.3K payouts. However, I don't understand why these are only coming from a lower Tier 9 than from a Tier 11 that typically only offers 12-15K. This is on both short and long attacks. And, there are very few Tier 10 (my rating) players for some reason.

As arnman has stated, being taken for 23.3K is sending his capability to upgrade base, weapons, or drone into the negative gain area. Effectively, he has lost the game for winning a current weapon in an event. [I don't think GLU allows purchasing a weapon too far out of your base rating?]

A tweak of the payout structure would improve it for both of us, bring base rating into play by having higher payouts tied to stronger bases in addition to attackers weapon power.

This would make it tougher for me fighting a higher player health base, but the incentive for higher payouts would improve my playing. And it would give the lower player heath targets a chance to keep their vaults from being raided.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Sorry you're getting hit for so many diamonds.

With regards to the BASE POWER, they changed the ratings system somewhat. Think of it this way, what was 92K is now 184K. If you start upgrading your TIER 11 BASE you will see the relative values that lie between.

I have also found that the matchups are more "fair", for lack of a better term.

I feel your frustration, I encountered the infamous "RE-SYNCHRONIZATION ERROR" this morning. Some things have been fixed, other issues still remain, but overall I believe they've made progress.
    So if the old 92k BD is now 184k, indicating everyone's BD power was doubled, why am i still at the same power i was b4 the upgrade?
  • Options
    After some mixed experiences with the global, I'm very happy with the larger 23.3K payouts. However, I don't understand why these are only coming from a lower Tier 9 than from a Tier 11 that typically only offers 12-15K. This is on both short and long attacks. And, there are very few Tier 10 (my rating) players for some reason.

As arnman has stated, being taken for 23.3K is sending his capability to upgrade base, weapons, or drone into the negative gain area. Effectively, he has lost the game for winning a current weapon in an event. [I don't think GLU allows purchasing a weapon too far out of your base rating?]

A tweak of the payout structure would improve it for both of us, bring base rating into play by having higher payouts tied to stronger bases in addition to attackers weapon power.

This would make it tougher for me fighting a higher player health base, but the incentive for higher payouts would improve my playing. And it would give the lower player heath targets a chance to keep their vaults from being raided.

If these 23k payouts r in fact just from tier 9 players, which is where i am, the question is why did Glu single us out? And again, how is that fair, and why am i not getting PVP match-ups against these players so i can win 23k diamonds?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Simple solution for losing Diamonds when off-line is to empty your vault before closing the app. Drone upgrades come in very small increments and your Drone needs the Diamonds more than your opponents do. Having a nearly empty vault is a deterrent to attack and having a powerful Drone even more so.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Simple solution for losing Diamonds when off-line is to empty your vault before closing the app. Drone upgrades come in very small increments and your Drone needs the Diamonds more than your opponents do. Having a nearly empty vault is a deterrent to attack and having a powerful Drone even more so.[/QUOTE

I dont waste diamonds on drones, that whole system makes no sense 2 me and costs way 2 many diamonds 4 minimal gain. I concentrate on my base, so emptying my vault everytime i have 2 b away from the game is obviously impossible.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Simple solution for losing Diamonds when off-line is to empty your vault before closing the app. Drone upgrades come in very small increments and your Drone needs the Diamonds more than your opponents do. Having a nearly empty vault is a deterrent to attack and having a powerful Drone even more so.[/QUOTE

I dont waste diamonds on drones, that whole system makes no sense 2 me and costs way 2 many diamonds 4 minimal gain. I concentrate on my base, so emptying my vault everytime i have 2 b away from the game is obviously impossible.

That is a tough one. I think you are wrong about the Drones, but sooner or later you need to save up Diamonds for Base upgrades. My personal solution has been to pick a time when I can leave my device on and then play hard until I get the upgrade, then take a break. Not a solution for all but it has worked for me.

You discount the value of Drones but my 55 K Drone never gets attacked. In 8 hours off-line, I was attacked 1 time and my Defense won. I agree that the Drone program is time consuming, but over the long term it will pay off.
  • Options
    I'll agree on several points, and I would like to add that, I know you've noticed, this game is extremely complex and has many moving parts. Game glitches aside, there are two basic things that are required, STRATEGY and TACTICS.

Diamonds and BASE strategy are really quite simple, use the diamonds as fast as you can AND protect your diamonds with base upgrades. If you're losing 20K+ diamonds at TIER 9 then your base is simply to weak and you have too many diamonds in your vault. To put it simply, you cannot afford to fall as far behind as you are. Most players are playing for 11.5 weapons or better, a TIER 9 level player is not only a sure win it attracts the wolves.

Now I am not quite sure what game levels you've completed, but my advice remains the same as it always has from the beginning. You're not ready for PvP until you complete the campaigns up to the current region (or level). You can compete and maybe even win a weapon here and there, but you're going to get attacked; there's no way around that.

GLU has actually made the game battles easier for you to compete at a level LESS THAN the current difficulty by matching you up against players with similar strength. But DEFENSE wins battles over the long haul and without a DEFENSE equal to your enemies, you're going to get attacked. Several months ago, winning PvP being 2 levels below the competition was unthinkable.

At least now you have a chance to compete. Losing diamonds is a part of the game, I don't even think about it. If I lose diamonds after an attack, I just shrug and keep moving. If I get attacked too often, I upgrade my BASE DEFENSE and empty my vault as soon as possible. In 2 weeks (barring a delay that I've asked for BTW), you will be at a CRITICAL disadvantage if you haven't upgraded your base to at least TIER 10, preferably a partially upgraded TIER 11.

Every player in the game has gone through the UPGRADE my BASE, get a better WEAPON cycle. As a first person SHOOTER you get to shoot at your enemies, but this game is more about STRATEGY and defense is just as important as offense.

I tend to get long winded at times, so I'll end this with this advice ... analyze your weaknesses and remedy them. Put together a 30 day objective and stick to it ... you'll eventually catch up and the diamonds raids will stop ... that I can assure you.
  • Options
    Scorpion (amsoft2000) has given a great summary of the requirements to play this game without going crazy. Let me add a couple of thoughts: CKS is a frustrating game that demands a certain mindset if you intend to go beyond casual play. It demands a certain focus on the longer term strategy and the ability to put the short term frustrations aside.

At the top level, this game requires an astonishing level of commitment and a fair amount of cash. At the intermediate level, it requires commitment and a cost effective strategy for advancement. A lot of people on this forum have worked out their own solutions to this.

That being said, this game is not for everybody. It is an odd game in many ways and has way more than its share of frustrations. It may not be a good fit for most players, and that's OK. There are a lot of other games out there. As Scorpion often points out: It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. If you are not having fun, find something else that is fun.

Recognize that at its core CKS is a game designed around the concept of attacking the Bases of off-line players. This is very unlikely to change. If that is upsetting, you need to find another game.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I'll agree on several points, and I would like to add that, I know you've noticed, this game is extremely complex and has many moving parts. Game glitches aside, there are two basic things that are required, STRATEGY and TACTICS.

Diamonds and BASE strategy are really quite simple, use the diamonds as fast as you can AND protect your diamonds with base upgrades. If you're losing 20K+ diamonds at TIER 9 then your base is simply to weak and you have too many diamonds in your vault. To put it simply, you cannot afford to fall as far behind as you are. Most players are playing for 11.5 weapons or better, a TIER 9 level player is not only a sure win it attracts the wolves.

Now I am not quite sure what game levels you've completed, but my advice remains the same as it always has from the beginning. You're not ready for PvP until you complete the campaigns up to the current region (or level). You can compete and maybe even win a weapon here and there, but you're going to get attacked; there's no way around that.

GLU has actually made the game battles easier for you to compete at a level LESS THAN the current difficulty by matching you up against players with similar strength. But DEFENSE wins battles over the long haul and without a DEFENSE equal to your enemies, you're going to get attacked. Several months ago, winning PvP being 2 levels below the competition was unthinkable.

At least now you have a chance to compete. Losing diamonds is a part of the game, I don't even think about it. If I lose diamonds after an attack, I just shrug and keep moving. If I get attacked too often, I upgrade my BASE DEFENSE and empty my vault as soon as possible. In 2 weeks (barring a delay that I've asked for BTW), you will be at a CRITICAL disadvantage if you haven't upgraded your base to at least TIER 10, preferably a partially upgraded TIER 11.

Every player in the game has gone through the UPGRADE my BASE, get a better WEAPON cycle. As a first person SHOOTER you get to shoot at your enemies, but this game is more about STRATEGY and defense is just as important as offense.

I tend to get long winded at times, so I'll end this with this advice ... analyze your weaknesses and remedy them. Put together a 30 day objective and stick to it ... you'll eventually catch up and the diamonds raids will stop ... that I can assure you.

I hear what u r saying but i will NOT spend any $$ on a game, so i am stuck having 2 upgrade my base using diamonds, which even at tier 9, is very time consuming since it requires approx 300-500k diamonds 4 each upgrade. And since i work 2 jobs and have a family, i dont get a whole lot of time 2 play, so it can take a few days 4 me 2 get enuf diamonds 4 1 upgrade. As far as my weapons, i have the best that in-game $$ can buy, which is at the 10x level, and i am at level 100 and have completed all regions of play, so obviously my area of focus continues 2 b my base.