How Are We Doing: GLOBAL 06/18/15

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    NOT THIS TIME !!!

drone_sos.png

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and LITTLE ME will get you ... Last night after at least 3 meaningful WIN STREAKS halted due to persistent game issues, I started this battle with yet another win streak in the balance. To NO surprise, as soon as I moved UP to attack the JUGG and his gang, the controls again disappeared or refused to respond ... here we go again ... just as I was contemplating whether or not to FORFEIT, LITTLE ME locked on to the spook. I said why not see if all the training for my baby boy has paid off. First he blanketed me with a SHIELD and then proceeded to save the day, killing the spook and preserving my WIN STREAK ... way to go LITTLE ME.

You know what I am going to say: I told you so! It is good to see you drinking the Drone Koolaid. The Drone mess is finally becoming a positive for those who stuck with it. It is a long way to 51 K but worth it. I am told that the 64 K and 72 K upgrades are giant leaps in Drone usefulness.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    You know what I am going to say: I told you so! It is good to see you drinking the Drone Koolaid. The Drone mess is finally becoming a positive for those who stuck with it. It is a long way to 51 K but worth it. I am told that the 64 K and 72 K upgrades are giant leaps in Drone usefulness.

I admire you for your diligence ... I one described your tenacity as that of a pit bull. My ONLY real complaint was not being to build a drone because the feature was broken. They have somewhat fixed that and the writing is on the wall, CLEAR AS DAY ... KEEP UP and ADAPT or DIE !!! I was never to fond of death.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    I admire you for your diligence ... I one described your tenacity as that of a pit bull. My ONLY real complaint was not being to build a drone because the feature was broken. They have somewhat fixed that and the writing is on the wall, CLEAR AS DAY ... KEEP UP and ADAPT or DIE !!! I was never to fond of death.

HANDLLES did not lie when he said Drones were a long term project. I haven't really committed any extra play or Gold to the Drone project, when I had Diamonds I put them in. I may regret that when Tier 12 arrives and I am woefully underdeveloped in Tier 11. The next issue is that of Drone upgrade vs Drone Weapons upgrade. My view one sub 8k Drones was easy: Just upgrade the Drone to 8 K. Don't bother with weapons. (An easy decisions since you couldn't upgrade anyway. With my IOS Drone with 51 K weapons, am a not going to upgrade weapons but concentrate on getting to 64 K and changing to the 64 K weapons.

The situation that I am struggling with is the 8 K Drone I have on the Amazon platform. It is a long way to Level 91 and 51 K. I am wondering if weapons upgrades may be in order along the way. Any thoughts?
    HANDLLES did not lie when he said Drones were a long term project. I haven't really committed any extra play or Gold to the Drone project, when I had Diamonds I put them in. I may regret that when Tier 12 arrives and I am woefully underdeveloped in Tier 11. The next issue is that of Drone upgrade vs Drone Weapons upgrade. My view one sub 8k Drones was easy: Just upgrade the Drone to 8 K. Don't bother with weapons. (An easy decisions since you couldn't upgrade anyway. With my IOS Drone with 51 K weapons, am a not going to upgrade weapons but concentrate on getting to 64 K and changing to the 64 K weapons.

The situation that I am struggling with is the 8 K Drone I have on the Amazon platform. It is a long way to Level 91 and 51 K. I am wondering if weapons upgrades may be in order along the way. Any thoughts?

The 12.5 HEAVY that comes out in the next update cycle, is definitely a top priority, Anything else weapon wise can wait assuming we get our 11.5 TESLA. That should set us up for 1-2 months of defensive upgrades. That's my objective ... grab the TESLA (take care of longs for 4-6 weeks), continue to upgrade defense and drone. Next battle worth competing in is the 12.5 HEAVY.
    The 12.5 HEAVY that comes out in the next update cycle, is definitely a top priority, Anything else weapon wise can wait assuming we get our 11.5 TESLA. That should set us up for 1-2 months of defensive upgrades. That's my objective ... grab the TESLA (take care of longs for 4-6 weeks), continue to upgrade defense and drone. Next battle worth competing in is the 12.5 HEAVY.

Some things never change in CKS and one of those things is that you have to own the nastiest Heavy you can get your hands on. I am saving up for the Heavy Global in 2 weeks.

BTW, you know I was a little disappointed in the last Heavy, the Medusa. Since the upgrade, I have gotten more enthusiastic. It powers through the current crop of opponents real well. Still, I will not pass up the chance for an upgrade.
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    I think i will have to spend some gold to upgrade my level 9 base to stem the flow of lost diamonds. Currently i am using an Orca and a Seth that are fully upgraded and the work fine for me so unless a really awesome deal comes out to replace and have them just sit in storage until i can use them, i will pass. The advice from you guys is sinking in, dont let weapons get too far ahead of base power. Kinda waiting to see if a vip thing comes out so i can at least get something back for the gold spent.
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    I think i will have to spend some gold to upgrade my level 9 base to stem the flow of lost diamonds. Currently i am using an Orca and a Seth that are fully upgraded and the work fine for me so unless a really awesome deal comes out to replace and have them just sit in storage until i can use them, i will pass. The advice from you guys is sinking in, dont let weapons get too far ahead of base power. Kinda waiting to see if a vip thing comes out so i can at least get something back for the gold spent.

If you're gonna spend GOLD to upgrade a BASE, TIER 9 is certainly the place to do it. Getting up to TIER 10 will stem the diamond raids as well. It will also improve your survivability is battles.

What I recommend is put TIER 9 behind you as fast as possible. Once your TIER 10 stats are open, increase your vault capacity next then max out your player health (this is where you spend the GOLD). After that gradually upgrade the remaining rows and columns using diamonds. I think that's your fastest path to catching up.

Also a word of warning, DO NOT increase vault capacity beyond 1st column until you need to. Doing so increases the cost of subsequent upgrades. Like so many other things about the game, it's NOT published anywhere.
    Google Android 1 DAY 13 HOURS REMAINING IN GLOBAL EVENT (17 HOURS LOST)

RANK #1: 22,482 AP (PCHELA) ... Last Weekend's WINNER, continues to lead the pack.
    RANK #2: 17,774 AP (ROKKY) ... NOTINMEFORPVP has slipped to RANK #9 14,016 AP.
    RANK #30: 8,611 AP (DADA) .... GADGETHOUND has dropped the ball.
    RANK #88: 3,970 AP (SCORPION) ... Another 24 Hours and it will be time to start playing for parts.

Next update at 18 HOURS REMAINING.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    ...Also a word of warning, DO NOT increase vault capacity beyond 1st column until you need to. Doing so increases the cost of subsequent upgrades. Like so many other things about the game, it's NOT published anywhere.
    This is news to me? Are you talking gold cost? As far as I know, diamond cost is unchanging. My tier 10 is fully paid for in diamonds.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    1st ranger 9343
    15th 55D 3857
    30th guestf75355ed3 2445
    1day 13 hours to go
    ( + )
    try_again wrote: »
    This is news to me? Are you talking gold cost? As far as I know, diamond cost is unchanging. My tier 10 is fully paid for in diamonds.

No I'm talking about diamonds. For example, let's say we're in the first column and no upgrades have been applied as yet. To keep it simple, I'll use round, relatively small numbers.

COLUMN #1
    VAULT CAPACITY - 100 Diamonds brings your capacity to 120
    GUARD LEVEL - 120
    SENTRY LEVEL - 120
    PLAYER HEALTH - 120

So far so good ... you upgrade column #1 and move to the next column.

COLUMN #2
    VAULT CAPACITY - 120 Diamonds brings your capacity to 150
    GUARD LEVEL - 150
    SENTRY LEVEL - 150
    PLAYER HEALTH - 150

Now here is where it get's tricky ... if you accidentally upgrade your vault capacity BEFORE you finish the other upgrades in the column, this is the result. Let's say COLUMN #3 VAULT CAPACITY - 150 Diamonds brings your capacity to 200. If you go back and look at Column #2, this is what you'll see.

COLUMN #2
    VAULT CAPACITY - *** HAS BEEN UPGRADED ***
    GUARD LEVEL - 200
    SENTRY LEVEL - 200
    PLAYER HEALTH - 200

In short, the cost of the remaining upgrades are based on your vault's capacity and are NOT static.

Now as a caveat, I noticed this quite some time back and it may have changed since then; I was unwilling to experiment to confirm that was still the case. Either way, when using diamonds, it's prudent to complete all upgrades in a column BEFORE you move to the next column unless you want to mas out PLAYER HEALTH. In that case, GOLD would be your only option since the vault's capacity would be to small.
    So did your last level (except economy) of base 10 cost less than 819k?

Somehow, I'm not buying this. I'd like to see someone else confirm it. I've always maxed out economy, then health, then either of the other two. That way, I have the most diamond rate maxed earliest, albeit 6300 diamonds/hr isn't going to speed things up like a PVP will.

I've always found the next level of economy is the same amount as the previous other rows. Every tier I can recall.
    So did your last level (except economy) of base 10 cost less than 819k?

Somehow, I'm not buying this. I'd like to see someone else confirm it. I've always maxed out economy, then health, then either of the other two. That way, I have the most diamond rate maxed earliest, albeit 6300 diamonds/hr isn't going to speed things up like a PVP will.

I've always found the next level of economy is the same amount as the previous other rows. Every tier I can recall.

I can't remember TIER 10 and they don't display the cost afterwards, which is probably why nobody ever noticed.

Think of it this way, the cost of upgrades is NEVER less than your vault's capacity ... right? It's always DEAD ON or GREATER.

If you max out the vaults capacity (economy) first and go back, the cost should have been much less than the capacity. As I said I'm no willing to experiment to confirm and it may have changed.

Anyways, increasing diamond production beyond your ability to protect them is counter productive, agreed?
    I hope you're right, I'd love to same some time and diamonds for other upgrades!

Maybe Brad could weigh in on this, or someone else that's experienced this? I never noticed any level's price change - as a matter of fact, I keep it logged in Excel as I upgrade, so, I'm almost positive it never changed.
    I hope you're right, I'd love to same some time and diamonds for other upgrades!

Maybe Brad could weigh in on this, or someone else that's experienced this? I never noticed any level's price change - as a matter of fact, I keep it logged in Excel as I upgrade, so, I'm almost positive it never changed.

You should remember at least this part since I don't think you max'd your TIER 10 too long ago. Were you able to upgrade any two items with a single vault supply? If the answer is YES, then I'm wrong ... if the answer is NO, then you got ahead of yourself.

I hope I am wrong ... ** SMILES **
    This is what I paid for Tier 10

Base Economy Level---512,000 588,800 665,600 742,400
    Guard Level
    588,800 665,600 742,400 819,200
    Sentry Gun Level
    Player Health
    Anyone currently paying these by column, and not by row have different numbers?

Sorry for the poor formatting.
    This is what I paid for Tier 10

Base Economy Level---512,000 588,800 665,600 742,400
    Guard Level
    Sentry Gun Level
    Player Health
    Anyone currently paying these by column, and not by row have different numbers?

Sorry for the poor formatting.

Remarkable memory you have :-) OK why are the 2 numbers for each column? Nevermind, I've got it ...

So you max'd out the vault BEFORE any other upgrades right? If so then your capacity would have been 742,400 when you upgraded guard level for 568,600, if so then I am wrong because you would have about 200,000 diamonds left in your vault.
    Only one number. 512,000 is the longhand of 512K (then 588.8K, 665.6K, 742.4K). And, no, like I said, I put this in a spreadsheet back when I was at Tier 8 recording this so I could see it on screen outside of being in-game.
    Only one number. 512,000 is the longhand of 512K (then 588.8K, 665.6K, 742.4K). And, no, like I said, I put this in a spreadsheet back when I was at Tier 8 recording this so I could see it on screen outside of being in-game.

GREAT ... but I need you to confirm that you max'd out your vault BEFORE you paid for any other upgrades since that would mean the issue no longer exists.
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys, kinda disheartening because at that rate i never see myself as a contender for winning any weapons outright without spending serious gold. My measly 8.6k drone is a fly in the drone world but it still serves a purpose of pointing out tagets. I throw the pup a bone every now and then by softening up the boss and letting him get the kill shot lol

If it makes you feel any better, you cannot win a weapon outright without spending a fortune in GOLD regardless of what weapons or base tier you have. I'd say a minimum of $300-400 sounds right. Obviously, this means NOTHING to the leaders and they're NOT playing to win a cheap weapon either. **SMILES**

They are competing amongst themselves or even against themselves and are truly in a league of their own.
    GREAT ... but I need you to confirm that you max'd out your vault BEFORE you paid for any other upgrades since that would mean the issue no longer exists.

Yes, as I said in post #43.
    Update on Global with 30 hours remaining:

IOS
    #1st 26582
    #10 15737
    #30 8943
    #46 6582 Me, note that the top 30 is already Gold League. I will quit at 8499 or lower, since if I get in Gold League, but not in top 30 I get nothing.

I have spent some leftover energy credits for this one as a commitment to my Clan (Elites), no buy ins in 6 weeks in this account.

Amazon:
    #1 9818
    #10 5336
    #16 4222 Me, not looking for top 10 finish.
    #30 2832

$45 Gold purchase, most of it unspent so far.

Once again, Amazon a much easier gig.

This has been a good Global for me. In spite of Content Updates which ended streaks twice in both platforms, I have streaks of 125 and 87. Finding juicy vaults, a lot of 37 K purses in both platforms. Life is good!
    This has been a good Global for me. In spite of Content Updates which ended streaks twice in both platforms, I have streaks of 125 and 87. Finding juicy vaults, a lot of 37 K purses in both platforms. Life is good!

The Google Android Global has me a little baffled. I am currently RANK #76 with just over 5.200 AP but that's not what I find out of the ordinary/ The leaders are where they should be; it took them awhile to get going after the 17 hour delay, but they're fine now. You've read my referencing the GREAT WALL that forms just prior to the late surge, usually with about 5-6 hours remaining. We've got more than a day and I can "feel" the WALL starting to form. I can't explain why and it's bothering me. Perhaps a new trend is developing. I wish I could see what lies between me and RANK #30.

I think your going to the front early may have been a sound strategy to use on Google. It might be that because of the late start, coupled with the fix for the drones, has players going harder than they would have in recent weeks. Curious ... I'll need to follow this trend for 1-2 more GLOBALS.

There may be a whole new "underclass" of players that have been cruising along like myself and have finally awakened. **SMILES** but they really feel like "leaders" coming back to the game perhaps.
    The Google Android Global has me a little baffled. I am currently RANK #76 with just over 5.200 AP but that's not what I find out of the ordinary/ The leasers are where they should be; it took them awhile to get going after the 17 hour delay, but they're fine now. You've read my referencing the GREAT WALL that forms just prior to the late surge, usually with about 5-6 hours remaining. We've got more than a day and I can "feel" the WALL starting to form. I can't explain why and it's bothering me. Perhaps a new trend is developing. I wish I could see what lies between me and RANK #30.

I think your going to the front early may have been a sound strategy to use on Google. It might be that because of the late start, coupled with the fix for the drones, has players going harder than they would have in recent weeks. Curious ... I'll need to follow this trend for 1-2 more GLOBALS.

There may be a whole new "underclass" of players that have been cruising along like myself and have finally awakened. **SMILES** but they really feel like "leaders" coming back to the game perhaps.

It may be nothing more complicated than that the competition is just getting tougher. Tougher, but not smarter. Anybody who goes over 8500 AP but finishes outside the top 30 is hosed. Last week on IOS, there were 11 players between 8500 and the top 30. This week it looks to be close to 30.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    It may be nothing more complicated than that the competition is just getting tougher. Tougher, but not smarter. Anybody who goes over 8500 AP but finishes outside the top 30 is hosed. Last week on IOS, there were 11 players between 8500 and the top 30. This week it looks to be close to 30.

A fool and his money are soon parted, let them taste defeat.
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    @Amsoft, not sure how yall copy and paste stuff on here but thanks for the info. I must confess that at the onset i got carried away and regretfully spent more than $300 on this game in a week buying and upgrading stuff. I pulled my Ebrake as soon as I realized what i had done so now if i spend i give it great consideration. By that point i was too far in to just quit but i vowed never to spend real $ like that on fake **** better buy real guns and shoot at drawings of drones lol
    A fool and his money are soon parted, let them taste defeat.

What are they thinking? Players pouring tons of money into the game, finish 31st, get nothing. Go figure!
  • Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
    What are they thinking? Players pouring tons of money into the game, finish 31st, get nothing. Go figure!

Agreed, but don't forget some tried hard for clan's point and get appreciated by the team.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    Agreed, but don't forget some tried hard for clan's point and get appreciated by the team.

That is simply adorable. The purpose of a clan is to further yourself and that's it.
  • Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts

I can't answer for the two players sitting at 31 and 32 but I'm sitting very nicely at 33 with 8499 and still in silver league.
    I figure that should be good enough to finish in the top 90 for 35 parts.