Options

Game unplayable after update

RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
After this latest update the drones are now upgradable but if anything but me is firing in PvP the screen locks up terribly. The frame rates drop so low I'm a sitting duck. This is worse than the drone problem. I can't even play it this way.

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The upgrade is working great for me, video breakup gone, drone weapons change is much better, still can't figure how to upgrade weapons, but the scrolling is now very fast.

Matchups wildly erratic, but that may be because nobody is back on. I haven't seen any bots so far.

You can now see the valuye of the other guy's Drone.

For me, so far so good!
  • Options
    For me I didn't have any issues other than the drone problem before this. Now as soon as anything else other than me firing happens the frame rate drops so low it's unreal. You can't even really aim, just spray and pray!

I'm on iPhone 5s. Name same as here.
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    For me I didn't have any issues other than the drone problem before this. Now as soon as anything else other than me firing happens the frame rate drops so low it's unreal. You can't even really aim, just spray and pray!

I've also started to see a bit of a frame drop with this new update.
    I'm on 6+
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Frame rate is now horrible for me as well. Breaking up so bad can hardly play in pvp!! I'm iOS and iPhone 6 plus as well. Not fun at all
  • Options
    bysbys Registered Users 165 Posts
    Frame rate is now horrible for me as well. Breaking up so bad can hardly play in pvp!! I'm iOS and iPhone 6 plus as well. Not fun at all

It's really bad when meeting an opponent with a drone. It's fairly ok when they don't have a drone...
    Wonder if GLU programmers do any testing on iPhones...
    ===============
    One BITE at a time!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    It appears to be hit or miss with regards to video. Are all iPads rated equally? I doubt it, but what do I know ... I'm on Android.

We'll see what's up in a couple of hours ... I hope.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Yeah the drones really mess it up. I'm having to pick the weakest opponent I can find so I can handle all the damage I'm taking.
  • Options
    mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    on the iphone 6 here - framerate is completely horrible with alot of machine gun fire - from drones and/or the heavy gunners (can't rememeber what they're called).
  • Options
    also, i noticed that at least on the iphone platform, you win 2 pts for each victory, however, it gave me 4 for a win even though it said i won only 2. that's weird. I have the main guy jumping over the balcony onto the ground instead of coming down the stairs. there's guys that are sometimes suspended in mid air... i think this stuff may have to do with the drone framerate issue?? but the pts are weird
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    mcjpayd wrote: »
    also, i noticed that at least on the iphone platform, you win 2 pts for each victory, however, it gave me 4 for a win even though it said i won only 2. that's weird. I have the main guy jumping over the balcony onto the ground instead of coming down the stairs. there's guys that are sometimes suspended in mid air... i think this stuff may have to do with the drone framerate issue?? but the pts are weird

I would rather have 4AP than 2. That way, I can get my 50 gold faster. All this glitch does is help the players. Everyone is getting 4 points from winning so it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    I would rather have 4AP than 2. That way, I can get my 50 gold faster. All this glitch does is help the players. Everyone is getting 4 points from winning so it doesn't really matter.

True that :) but there's some guy on top with 284 pts - he climbed from 122 - 284 in around 30 mins... he has weapons that don't exist - none that i can find.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    True that :) but there's some guy on top with 284 pts - he climbed from 122 - 284 in around 30 mins... he has weapons that don't exist - none that i can find.

He used gold in the VIP event to get those exclusive weapons. He then used his gold to buy energy to win.
  • Options
    He used gold in the VIP event to get those exclusive weapons. He then used his gold to buy energy to win.

that's what i thought too - but the past couple weeks vip event were only 2 10.5 grade weapons - not the ones he has... usually even though we can't win them in the bronze, they show up as 0/50 parts in the build screens... the weapons he has aren't even there... oh yeah - he's at 354 now... seems like it depends on the enemies you face -- for ex. 33.4k enemy - got 4 pts... 151k enemy - i got 12 pts. weird stuff - maybe i'm crazy
  • Options

The points issue has been experienced by others as well. You are free to discuss it in the forum, however (I mentioned this to another player as well) and HANDLES Chimed in also:
    ... if it's happening for everyone, then there is no foul. Please generate a screenshot so we can hand it over to HANDLES.

Start a new thread as well: "HANDLES: VP Totals Glitch" or something to that effect.

HANDLES:
    Yes providing evidence of an issue would be great.

Also provide:

In-game name:
    Device:
    OS version:

Just in case the devs need it.
    This is the information that is needed to isolate the problem and get it fixed. I would do it myself, but I am on Android.

I hope this helps ...
  • Options
    Well I managed to get to 100 but no gold. Got all the stupid diamonds but it screwed me for the gold. When I scored 100 it only showed 98 in the milestones section but on the leaderboard it showed the 100. Left the game and came back, now everything shows the 100 and the 50 gold milestone is checked but I didn't get it.
  • Options
    Still having terrible frame rate issues. It really gets bad when the Juggs or drones start firing. I'm a sitting duck at that point. I have noticed that even though I can't move the Tesla is charging up at a normal rate and if I can manage to duck it clears up a bit but still incredibly frustrating to deal with. I hope this doesn't take as long to fix as the drone issue did.
  • Options
    Still having terrible frame rate issues. It really gets bad when the Juggs or drones start firing. I'm a sitting duck at that point. I have noticed that even though I can't move the Tesla is charging up at a normal rate and if I can manage to duck it clears up a bit but still incredibly frustrating to deal with. I hope this doesn't take as long to fix as the drone issue did.
    Totally agree with you on this one. If it's not fixed by tomorrow(wishful thinking) it's going to really suck in the global event.
  • Options
    Well what ever they did with this maintenance it didn't do anything for the frame rate issue. No way I'll be able to score high enough for parts this weekend. Guess I'll be in Bronze league again.
  • Options
    Well what ever they did with this maintenance it didn't do anything for the frame rate issue. No way I'll be able to score high enough for parts this weekend. Guess I'll be in Bronze league again.

I've been tinkering around with my device's settings and I believe I've isolated two key settings that can eliminate the stutter for those that are experiencing these persistent hiccups:

CPU: 2.00 - 2.25 GHz
    GPU: 450 MHz

These are controlled by something called a CPU/GPU governor. .With Android, I can easily modify these settings using root access. If you can figure out how to get to these settings in IOS, FIRST CHECK just how fast your hardware can actually run, you may be surprised (most CPUs are designed to run at least 25% faster than the manufacturer says), then increase the clock frequency in 10$ increments until you reach a point where the stutter is minimized.

It will drain your battery faster (if not on AC) and the device may start to get hot, so please be careful.

Of course, if your device is much slower than these ... DO NOT TRY THIS ... you'll fry the processor.
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    For those having the graphics/frame rate issues please provide the following:

In-game name:
    Device:
    OS version:

• Options
    SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Glu Super Admin:

Since last update having graphics frame rate issues that never had before.

Contract Killer: Sniper 3.0.1
    iPad
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts

Well those points cost me, because not everyone was getting the points. In some occasions I get 10 which was good but at end I loose. I stay awake just to see how a guy jump me. I was unable to win two reason he was getting more points than me... And I was getting hard opponents I jump to try to find an easy ones but just didn't happen, and also the problem of the game is to glichi.. Well is part of the game some said.
  • Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Holy ****!! I finally experienced this issue. It is impossible to win!! Everything is fine until the enemy drone starts firing. Then everything stutters. Once you kill the drone everything goes back to normal. Not sure why this took an entire day to occur. I guess it was waiting for me to build up my win streak...

Imreef
    IPhone 6
    IOS 8.1
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44
    iPhone 6 plus
  • Options
    freddagofreddago Registered Users 39 Posts
    freddagor
    Ipad2
    IOS 8.3
  • Options
    RMorr50912
    iPhone 5 S
    iOS 8.3
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    There will be fixes for this issue in the next game update.
  • Options
    ToogreysToogreys Registered Users 36 Posts
    I started out fine just after the update and then the frame rate steadly got worse. I think, but not sure, this may be what is causing me to crash to my home screen. That issue has also has gotten worse over time. During the last Global event the first day was great got upwards to 50 or so straight wins. Next day it crashed all the time, I couldnt get more than 7 or 8 wins in a row if that before it would crash again. Its about as bad as it was when the loading new content box would pop up and you would lose the match. Makes it hard to build up the points when you have to keep starting over.
    Username is Toogreys iPad 2 - 8.3