Options

I got jacked for over 37k diamonds!

RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
What's up with that? Not once but twice!

https://flic.kr/p/v6N7Vf

https://flic.kr/p/v8B1iy

You can see its not like I had a ton of them either. You can see my totals. Both cases I lost over half my total. Has anybody else noticed this happening?

Name same as here

iPhone 5s

iOS 8.3.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Yup. Had that happen to me yesterday. I had around 44k diamonds in my vault and got raped for 23.7k. I guess GLU took the limits off for losses with the last update. I thought it was ~10% of vault total but who knows. Needless to say, I always spend my diamonds now before closing out
  • Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    It's still happening. I keep getting hit in one attack for more than I can get from 3! What's going on?
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    RMorr50912 wrote: »
    It's still happening. I keep getting hit in one attack for more than I can get from 3! What's going on?

I had this happen 2 me and think i have finally figured it out. The people getting us 4 37k diamonds r working on their tier 12 bases, and those getting us 4 23k r working on their tier 11 bases. In short, the max payout keeps getting greater as u move up tiers, which makes sense since the cost 2 upgrade bases keeps getting more insane as u move up.
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    I had this happen 2 me and think i have finally figured it out. The people getting us 4 37k diamonds r working on their tier 12 bases, and those getting us 4 23k r working on their tier 11 bases. In short, the max payout keeps getting greater as u move up tiers, which makes sense since the cost 2 upgrade bases keeps getting more insane as u move up.

I see tons of the 37k payouts and I'm only working on my tier 11 base.
    You must have a tier 9 base as that's the ones that I see that payout like that.
    Who would have thought tier 9 payout is much higher than a tier 11.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Merc316 wrote: »
    I see tons of the 37k payouts and I'm only working on my tier 11 base.
    You must have a tier 9 base as that's the ones that I see that payout like that.
    Who would have thought tier 9 payout is much higher than a tier 11.

Merc 316 is right.
    We get 37.2K when our tier 11 base economy level is maxed out and only when attacking TIER 9 bases (approx 23K-46K base power). AT least on IOS
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Tier 9 on amazon lucky to get 15k diamonds
    ( + )
  • Options
    Tier 9 on amazon lucky to get 15k diamonds

It's obvious that your No1 priority should be to max out your TIER 9 and move o TIER 10.
    Bigger payouts for you, less payouts for your attackers.
    Don't you think?
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    Merc 316 is right.
    We get 37.2K when our tier 11 base economy level is maxed out and only when attacking TIER 9 bases (approx 23K-46K base power). AT least on IOS

My best guess on this is only based on the two numbers I have, but if you multiply your base max capacity by .0283 you get what you max take can be. Some rounding required to display numbers in the "k" format. For example, when I was at 512k max capacity and tier 9, I could only get 14.5k diamonds. When I upgraded to tier 10, but before I could update my production, I could still only get 14.5k diamonds and had 512k capacity. I just upgraded my production to 588.8k capacity and can take 16.7k diamonds. 512000*.0283=14490(rounded) which would display at 14.5k. 588800*.0283=16663, which would display as 16.7k. See if that works for you all.
    It's obvious that your No1 priority should be to max out your TIER 9 and move o TIER 10.
    Bigger payouts for you, less payouts for your attackers.
    Don't you think?

I don't believe upgrading your tier equates to less payouts for attackers. Attackers can still take you for whatever their max is. At least as far as I know so far.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I don't believe upgrading your tier equates to less payouts for attackers. Attackers can still take you for whatever their max is. At least as far as I know so far.

That is the way that it is supposed to work, but there is clearly a glitch right now, Level 9 Bases get hit for 37.2 K even if that is their entire vault. Level 10 and 11 Bases get hit for only 8% of Vault value.

The appropriate strategy is to upgrade to Level 10 ASAP, not an easy strategy to execute, since every time you go off line, your Vault gets cleaned out.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    That is the way that it is supposed to work, but there is clearly a glitch right now, Level 9 Bases get hit for 37.2 K even if that is their entire vault. Level 10 and 11 Bases get hit for only 8% of Vault value.

The appropriate strategy is to upgrade to Level 10 ASAP.

I just found out that it's happening to tier 8 bases also.
    A person with a tier 8 base but all level 11 and 11.5 guns hit my tier 11 base this am.The poor sucker only got
    Around 800 diamonds as I had emptied before I shut down.When I hit revenge they had 37.2k payout like the tier 9 bases.Felt sorry for him but hey I got upgrades to do.
  • Options
    My best guess on this is only based on the two numbers I have, but if you multiply your base max capacity by .0283 you get what you max take can be. Some rounding required to display numbers in the "k" format. For example, when I was at 512k max capacity and tier 9, I could only get 14.5k diamonds. When I upgraded to tier 10, but before I could update my production, I could still only get 14.5k diamonds and had 512k capacity. I just upgraded my production to 588.8k capacity and can take 16.7k diamonds. 512000*.0283=14490(rounded) which would display at 14.5k. 588800*.0283=16663, which would display as 16.7k. See if that works for you all.

My vault has a max of 1.31M.
    1.31M*0.0283=37.073K pretty close to the actual 37.2K best case scenario.
    Good job!

From what is obvious so far, there must be a glitch/bug/miscalculation in the max payout when attacking SPECIFICALLY TIER 9 bases. There's no other explanation. I can get 37.2K ONLY when I attack TIER 9's. When attacking (IOS) any other TIERs, it's never more than 25-27K, including bots TIERs. I am pretty sure about it. This is why I say he should be "freed" from TIER 9.
    Cheers
  • Options

The appropriate strategy is to upgrade to Level 10 ASAP, not an easy strategy to execute, since every time you go off line, your Vault gets cleaned out.

I'll have to take a look, but I'd swear I've seen tier 10 and 11 that I could take for my max. I was under the impression the max you can take is based on your max, not what you are attacking. Maybe the numbers are based on the production max/per hour instead of vault max, but I don't know those numbers since upgrading.
  • Options
    I'll have to take a look, but I'd swear I've seen tier 10 and 11 that I could take for my max. I was under the impression the max you can take is based on your max, not what you are attacking. Maybe the numbers are based on the production max/per hour instead of vault max, but I don't know those numbers since upgrading.

Take another look, 37.2 K targets are all Tier 9. Big payouts from Tier 10, 11 and 12 all represent lower percentage takes from the much larger vaults. BTW, Vault size for maxxed out Tier 12 is 2.1 M, so 8% of that would be 168 K!
  • Options
    Take another look, 37.2 K targets are all Tier 9. Big payouts from Tier 10, 11 and 12 all represent lower percentage takes from the much larger vaults. BTW, Vault size for maxxed out Tier 12 is 2.1 M, so 8% of that would be 168 K!

I'll keep my eye open on it. What is your max take right now, what tier are you now and what is your production per hour and production limit?
  • Options

Bradr752,
    Did you take the Heavy Gun Trial before they locked "Dressed to Kill"?
    I wanted to know what gun is offered (dmg, power etc) and at what cost.
    I'm in desperate need of a heavy gun, even though..."my guitar rocks"!
    Thanks
  • Options
    Bradr752,
    Did you take the Heavy Gun Trial before they locked "Dressed to Kill"?
    I wanted to know what gun is offered (dmg, power etc) and at what cost.
    I'm in desperate need of a heavy gun, even though..."my guitar rocks"!
    Thanks

I did the Heavy trial and I don't remember what they offered, but I do know that it was WAY inferior to my Medusa. I wasn't even tempted
  • Options
    I did the Heavy trial and I don't remember what they offered, but I do know that it was WAY inferior to my Medusa. I wasn't even tempted

Good to know
    Thanks
  • Options

Here you go. Tier 11 with my max take.

By my original theory, it wasn't 8% of max vault, it's only 2.83%. Max would be around 60k. But that was just my original theory.

343rrkh.png
  • Options

By my original theory, it wasn't 8% of max vault, it's only 2.83%. Max would be around 60k. But that was just my original theory.

343rrkh.png

Take is based on the amount in the Vaolt and collector combined. 16.7 K would mean he had 200 K in his Vault. BTW, the 8% figure is my calculation based on my losses as a percentage of my Diamonds. The 8% figure is now dated, but it held steady over time. My max take from a Tier 11 Base is 29 K.
  • Options

343rrkh.png

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    This is against a robot. Maybe this makes the difference.
  • Options
    Yeah, Conan has been real good to me. I have hit him at least 50 times, both on Amazon and IOS.

I don't that there is a difference but I don't know how you could ever figure that out, since Vault contents aren't displayed.
  • Options
    Take is based on the amount in the Vaolt and collector combined. 16.7 K would mean he had 200 K in his Vault. BTW, the 8% figure is my calculation based on my losses as a percentage of my Diamonds. The 8% figure is now dated, but it held steady over time. My max take from a Tier 11 Base is 29 K.

I've been taken by the attacker's max when I barely had 20k in my vault. I've also been attacked within the same hour and the second attacker took more than the first. I believe the last update really messed up the max takes. It looks like as long as they have enough to satisfy the max, you can take it. Are maybe that was just tier 9. Can't say much about tier 10 since I just got there. It should probably be something like: You can take up to 8% of the enemies diamonds or your max take, whichever is less. So if someone has 100k in the vault, the choice is 8%= 8k, or (for me right now) 16.7k, so I would only get 8k from them. If they have 300k, 8%=24k, so I can only get my max of 16.7k. Once again, I don't agree with this because if they are a higher tier, they can revenge me for more than I can get from them.
  • Options
    I've been taken by the attacker's max when I barely had 20k in my vault. I've also been attacked within the same hour and the second attacker took more than the first. I believe the last update really messed up the max takes. It looks like as long as they have enough to satisfy the max, you can take it. Are maybe that was just tier 9. Can't say much about tier 10 since I just got there. It should probably be something like: You can take up to 8% of the enemies diamonds or your max take, whichever is less. So if someone has 100k in the vault, the choice is 8%= 8k, or (for me right now) 16.7k, so I would only get 8k from them. If they have 300k, 8%=24k, so I can only get my max of 16.7k. Once again, I don't agree with this because if they are a higher tier, they can revenge me for more than I can get from them.

There is nothing fair about this for sure Tier 9 gamers are being pummelled. The good news is life gets better if you can somehow save enough Diamonds to get to Tier 10.

I haven't seen a Tier 9 37.2 K opponent for a while. I wonder if they have fixed this glitch. Or maybe they have bankrupted all of the Tier 9 vaults. Can anybody report a recent 37.2 K loss?
  • Options
    There is nothing fair about this for sure Tier 9 gamers are being pummelled. The good news is life gets better if you can somehow save enough Diamonds to get to Tier 10.

I haven't seen a Tier 9 37.2 K opponent for a while. I wonder if they have fixed this glitch. Or maybe they have bankrupted all of the Tier 9 vaults. Can anybody report a recent 37.2 K loss?

17 hours ago, I had a 37.2k loss. I believe this was after I got to tier 10 though, but not positive.
    1D ago I had two 37.2k loss and that was definitely before I was tier 10.

However, I was just taken for only 5.8k by a tier 10, and I had almost 200k in my vault, and 2 hours ago I was only taken for 2.3k by a tier 11 guy. I'm sure I had more than 100k in the vault at that time. Maybe we'll make sense of this yet.
  • Options
    17 hours ago, I had a 37.2k loss. I believe this was after I got to tier 10 though, but not positive.
    1D ago I had two 37.2k loss and that was definitely before I was tier 10.

However, I was just taken for only 5.8k by a tier 10, and I had almost 200k in my vault, and 2 hours ago I was only taken for 2.3k by a tier 11 guy. I'm sure I had more than 100k in the vault at that time. Maybe we'll make sense of this yet.

Congratulations on your arrival to the safer waters of Tier 10.
  • Options

On iOS they are still there.I have been seeing them all morning long.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    It's really sad to see all these players whining and crying over getting diamonds. With a tier 11 base, it will take forever to upgrade your base if you didn't take the max amount. I like the diamond payout, it really helps speed up the upgrade process.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    When I first started taking 27k from tier 9's regularly, and it crept up to now 33k, I was hoping it was generated GLU bots. I think GLU now fills in that missing data on the battle log that was missing?

But now, it sounds like these could be actual players. GLU needs to add tier 9 to the bot generation if we are allowed to attack them, and real players should be taken out of the selection. A real parity problem!
  • Options
    unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    just got a content update, looks like this has all changed :-\ back to 2 or 3k pots
  • Options
    It's really sad to see all these players whining and crying over getting diamonds. With a tier 11 base, it will take forever to upgrade your base if you didn't take the max amount. I like the diamond payout, it really helps speed up the upgrade process.

I'm shocked. Tier 11 bases like that they can attack a tier 9 or 10 and take 30k+ diamonds while, if revenged, the lower tiers can only get back half that!? I certainly agree that it has helped me progress through tier 9 much quicker, but it's also unfair that I cannot revenge a STRONGER opponent and get as many if not more diamonds from them.