New region not opening

Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
Anyone else having problems opening the new region. It tells me it's locked I have already completed ascention but it still won't open

Comments

• NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Android or Amazon?
    You will go where you look at...
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Dressed to Kill won't open until next week. Probably Wednesday. It was released by accident on Android/Amazon. Locked to all until official release.
  • Chipp116Chipp116 Registered Users 61 Posts
    In my case, with the new region, and I started playing yesterday afternoon, the game was stopped, a message saying that there was an update; and suddenly could no longer play the new region Dressed to Kill.
  • HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    Dressed to Kill was accidentally released to early. We had to lock it till we release it at the actual release date. Sorry for the confusion.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Wish you could have locked all the Tier 12 players, too!
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Wish you could have locked all the Tier 12 players, too!

It was too late ... these maniacs pounced on it as soon as they saw it. The TIER 12 computer generated opponents is another problematic issue altogether .....
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    It was too late ... these maniacs pounced on it as soon as they saw it. The TIER 12 computer generated opponents is another problematic issue altogether .....

Guilty admission: I am one of those maniacs. Believing, per Handles, that the Tier was going to be removed, but that progress in Tier 12 would remain, I used Gold to Max out Tier 12 Base Economy on the Amazon platform. I couldn't stand the thought of my competitors getting 14.2 K Diamonds every hour, while I did not for a week until the tier reopened. Of course, the Tier didn't close, but at least I am getting the Diamonds.

Historically, I have used Gold to max out Base Economy to get the additional Diamond production, but now it seems that Base production is much less important, given the size of the Vaults in PVP play. I am actually toying with not doing Base upgrades at all or at least until absolutely necessary. Bases seem to be less of an advantage in the current game.

My IOS platform is caught up, once again, in the endless weapons upgrade cycle, so I won't be able to get to Base upgrade. The truth is, nobody without a giant budget can keep up with weapons upgrades, drone upgrades, drone weapons upgrades and Base upgrades. I play a lot but can't get enough Diamonds for weapons upgrades, let alone the rest.
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Guilty admission: I am one of those maniacs. Believing, per Handles, that the Tier was going to be removed, but that progress in Tier 12 would remain, I used Gold to Max out Tier 12 Base Economy on the Amazon platform. I couldn't stand the thought of my competitors getting 14.2 K Diamonds every hour, while I did not for a week until the tier reopened. Of course, the Tier didn't close, but at least I am getting the Diamonds.

Historically, I have used Gold to max out Base Economy to get the additional Diamond production, but now it seems that Base production is much less important, given the size of the Vaults in PVP play. I am actually toying with not doing Base upgrades at all or at least until absolutely necessary. Bases seem to be less of an advantage in the current game.

My IOS platform is caught up, once again, in the endless weapons upgrade cycle, so I won't be able to get to Base upgrade. The truth is, nobody without a giant budget can keep up with weapons upgrades, drone upgrades, drone weapons upgrades and Base upgrades. I play a lot but can't get enough Diamonds for weapons upgrades, let alone the rest.

You know everyone has different priorities. For me player health is something I would max out if using GOLD. My vault has never, as long as I can remember, ever reached full capacity. I get most of the diamonds from PvP and TRIAL campaigns.

But that's me **SMILES**

... and BTW I would have done exactly what you did had I been able to. I had not started playing ASCENSION and I am still UPGRADING my 11 BASE LOL
    You know everyone has different priorities. For me player health is something I would max out if using GOLD. My vault has never, as long as I can remember, ever reached full capacity. I get most of the diamonds from PvP and TRIAL campaigns.

But that's me **SMILES**

... and BTW I would have done exactly what you did had I been able to. I had not started playing ASCENSION and I am still UPGRADING my 11 BASE LOL

Take another look at Player Health. At lower Tiers increases in Player Health paid off. As I entered Tier 11 my Player Health was at 357,353. Maxsed out Tier 11 it rises to 371817, an increase of 4%. Cost to upgrade: 4.3 M Diamonds. No longer a higher priority investment for me.

The importance of Base Economy is two fold: First, upgrade prices in Guard Level, Sentry Level and Player Health exceed the size of your vault, you can't upgrade anything unless you increase Vault size first; and Second, increasing Economy increases Diamond production, Maxxed out Tier 11: 9460 D per hour; maxxed out Tier 12 14.2 K per hour, an increase of 50%.

My current thinking: FWIW, Base Economy is the only Base upgrade worth anything.
    Take another look at Player Health. At lower Tiers increases in Player Health paid off. As I entered Tier 11 my Player Health was at 357,353. Maxsed out Tier 11 it rises to 371817, an increase of 4%. Cost to upgrade: 4.3 M Diamonds. No longer a higher priority investment for me.

The importance of Base Economy is two fold: First, upgrade prices in Guard Level, Sentry Level and Player Health exceed the size of your vault, you can't upgrade anything unless you increase Vault size first; and Second, increasing Economy increases Diamond production, Maxxed out Tier 11: 9460 D per hour; maxxed out Tier 12 14.2 K per hour, an increase of 50%.

My current thinking: FWIW, Base Economy is the only Base upgrade worth anything.

You're definitely correct ... when I mentioned the player health with GOLD I was speaking hypothetically, since my last real point of reference was going from 9-10 and that is where I sat forever until I could start winning diamonds ... I'd say 6 weeks behind was where I was until recently.

From early May until MEDUSA week, I literally had nothing to upgrade ... I couldn't WIN many diamonds because of the 9.5 HEAVY I was using, I had no weapon to upgrade because, well, I had no weapons to upgrade. The drone feature was broken ... all I could do is wait for the next HEAVY ... talk about cruising ... I had all but stopped playing LMAO Grabbed an 11.5 ASSAULT along the way just to keep in the game. That one GLU screw up had a cascading effect through the entire game for me.

But I did spend countless hours analyzing PVP play and collecting stats.
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    You're definitely correct ... when I mentioned the player health with GOLD I was speaking hypothetically, since my last real point of reference was going from 9-10 and that is where I sat forever until I could start winning diamonds ... I'd say 6 weeks behind was where I was until recently.

From early May until MEDUSA week, I literally had nothing to upgrade ... I couldn't WIN and diamonds because of the 9.5 HEAVY I was using, I had no weapon to upgrade because, well, I had no weapons to upgrade. The drone feature was broken ... all I could do is wait for the next HEAVY ... talk about cruising ... I had all but stopped playing LMAO Grabbed an 11.5 ASSAULT along the way just to keep in the game. That one GLU screw up had a cascading effect through the entire game for me.

You think that was bad? My account was glitched and didn't allow me to purchase assault/sniper weapons for credits. Because of that, I had no choice but to compete for those inferior weapons. Yeah, and I ended up wasting a grand total of 300 gold for energy upgrades. To make my life even more complicated, I tried competing for the Medusa but didn't get my 15 parts for the gun because this game decided to be difficult.
    You think that was bad? My account was glitched and didn't allow me to purchase assault/sniper weapons for credits. Because of that, I had no choice but to compete for those inferior weapons. Yeah, and I ended up wasting a grand total of 300 gold for energy upgrades. To make my life even more complicated, I tried competing for the Medusa but didn't get my 15 parts for the gun because this game decided to be difficult.

Now see that issue regarding not getting your parts has me dumb founded. It makes no sense at all. Let me ask you something, what happens when they carry over your AP and you don't compete? Do you actually start with 4,000 AP OR does your status read N/A on the leader board?

From early May until MEDUSA week, I literally had nothing to upgrade ... I couldn't WIN many diamonds because of the 9.5 HEAVY I was using, I had no weapon to upgrade because, well, I had no weapons to upgrade. The drone feature was broken ... all I could do is wait for the next HEAVY ... talk about cruising ... I had all but stopped playing LMAO Grabbed an 11.5 ASSAULT along the way just to keep in the game. That one GLU screw up had a cascading effect through the entire game for me.

But I did spend countless hours analyzing PVP play and collecting stats.

You and I have talked about this for some time, but it becomes increasing important every "improvement" in this game: This game is about getting your hands on the baddest Heavy and Tesla you can. I see advice: Don't upgrade your weapons, you will just get tougher opponents. This ignores the dynamics that Glu has built into this game: They are going to throw tougher and tougher opponents at you, so you have to escalate.

You story is the perfect example: Through no fault of your own, you miss a chance to pick up a state of the art Heavy. That costs you one month of successful play. And it is no fun to lose! You and I lived through the period last month where Glu threw nothing but 369 K Bots at us and we didn't have the firepower to take them on, so it was just no fun. Now that we have Heavies up to the task, life is good again.

People in my Clan have Tier 9 defenses and 11.5 weaponry and they are kicking butt. People with Tier 11 bases and 10 or 10.5 Secondary weapons are struggling. That's the name of the game for me.
    You and I have talked about this for some time, but it becomes increasing important every "improvement" in this game: This game is about getting your hands on the baddest Heavy and Tesla you can. I see advice: Don't upgrade your weapons, you will just get tougher opponents. This ignores the dynamics that Glu has built into this game: They are going to throw tougher and tougher opponents at you, so you have to escalate.

You story is the perfect example: Through no fault of your own, you miss a chance to pick up a state of the art Heavy. That costs you one month of successful play. And it is no fun to lose! You and I lived through the period last month where Glu threw nothing but 369 K Bots at us and we didn't have the firepower to take them on, so it was just no fun. Now that we have Heavies up to the task, life is good again.

People in my Clan have Tier 9 defenses and 11.5 weaponry and they are kicking butt. People with Tier 11 bases and 10 or 10.5 Secondary weapons are struggling. That's the name of the game for me.

I agree with you totally with a single caveat ... a weapon out of the box is less effective than a fully equipped lower rated weapon of the same class. So unless I'm prepared to start equipping the new weapon, I would rather NOT use it at all. See what I am getting at ... I have no real interest in battling for this SNIPER and the NARWAHL can defeat just about everything except the max'd out 12s (another GLU screw up) with a drone. I will sit on the MUDFLOW a bit, but it WILL be fully equipped in time for the 12.5 HEAVY ** SMILES **
    Now see that issue regarding not getting your parts has me dumb founded. It makes no sense at all. Let me ask you something, what happens when they carry over your AP and you don't compete? Do you actually start with 4,000 AP OR does your status read N/A on the leader board?

If I choose not to compete, it's a N/A.
    I agree with you totally with a single caveat ... a weapon out of the box is less effective than a fully equipped lower rated weapon of the same class. So unless I'm prepared to start equipping the new weapon, I would rather NOT use it at all. See what I am getting at ... I have no real interest in battling for this SNIPER and the NARWAHL can defeat just about everything except the max'd out 12s (another GLU screw up) with a drone. I will sit on the MUDFLOW a bit, but it WILL be fully equipped in time for the 12.5 HEAVY ** SMILES **

It is interesting that you say that, but it is true. On paper the new gun looks superior, but it is not as good as the old one. I always use the new one anyway, because I am too lazy to dig into the store to do the upgrade. That is why I said, mid level 3 is where you begin to get benefits of upgrades.
    If I choose not to compete, it's a N/A.

So then you should be able to carry over your AP until you see a weapon you want to compete for no?

Next time it happens, try this. Deliberately skip the next GLOBAL (unless it happens to be something you want) ... one of two things will occur, your AP will continue to carry over OR you'll get weapon parts without firing a single shot.

There's really little risk ,,,
    It is interesting that you say that, but it is true. On paper the new gun looks superior, but it is not as good as the old one. I always use the new one anyway, because I am too lazy to dig into the store to do the upgrade. That is why I said, mid level 3 is where you begin to get benefits of upgrades.

With the TESLA, the NUMBER OF CHARGES spec sort of resembles clip size. In order to get the maximum possible damage, you need to get the charge up to 10. When you reach the 3rd column of upgrades, the number of charges is 6-8 and that's where it is equal to the previous TESLA you owned. Beyond that it starts to become 'butter" LOL When I used to say I'm going to play for "target practice" I wasn't kidding my friend. I literally measure everything regarding a weapon in combat.
    So then you should be able to carry over your AP until you see a weapon you want to compete for no?

Next time it happens, try this. Deliberately skip the next GLOBAL (unless it happens to be something you want) ... one of two things will occur, your AP will continue to carry over OR you'll get weapon parts without firing a single shot.

There's really little risk ,,,

Holy ****, you're a genius like me. I might try that, I don't know why but this game has always glitched when I competed for heavy weapons. As such, my points are transferred over to the following week for an assault rifle. If your strategy works, I'll be able to compete for Tesla rifles for nothing.
    Holy ****, you're a genius like me. I might try that, I don't know why but this game has always glitched when I competed for heavy weapons. As such, my points are transferred over to the following week for an assault rifle. If your strategy works, I'll be able to compete for Tesla rifles for nothing.

Since you mentioned it, the most likely reason it happens on HEAVY week is because that's the start of the new cycle. I also believe that GLU's approach to updates is a cumulative upgrade in place task as opposed to an entire replace of the binaries.

It would be interesting to note what all of the players affected by this glitch have in common. It IS there, we just need to dig deep enough to uncover it.

I'll also bet you've never actually sat out a GLOBAL following the GLITCH. **SMILES**
  • Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
    How much gold will it take to get some parts for the next heavy and get rest in silver league? And is player health beneficial for defense or offense? Like i said before once all minions are dead, the spook/boss does more damage to my eyes tracking him as he runs back and forth than actually shooting at me
    Since you mentioned it, the most likely reason it happens on HEAVY week is because that's the start of the new cycle. I also believe that GLU's approach to updates is a cumulative upgrade in place task as opposed to an entire replace of the binaries.

It would be interesting to note what all of the players affected by this glitch have in common. It IS there, we just need to dig deep enough to uncover it.

I'll also bet you've never actually sat out a GLOBAL following the GLITCH. **SMILES**

Well, I could never sit out on a Global event because I wasted too much time earning the heavy weapon and if I didn't compete for the assault weapon, I would have lost out on everything. I do remember some players never receiving their weapons for 3-4 weapons straight and their points carried over week after week.
    Mudbug308 wrote: »
    How much gold will it take to get some parts for the next heavy and get rest in silver league? And is player health beneficial for defense or offense? Like i said before once all minions are dead, the spook/boss does more damage to my eyes tracking him as he runs back and forth than actually shooting at me

You can get 20 parts with very little GOLD provided you can put together 100+ win streaks and score 50-60 victories per day or roughly 1,250 AP ... the goal being 5,000 AP for the GLOBAL. To get 35 parts will require 1,000 GOLD minimum depending on the competition and we're talking about 7,000 - 8,000 AP. Last week's GLOBAL required 8,300 AP to RANK #84.

The thing to remember is that your success or failure depends upon how many battles you fight and maintaining the win streak. When my win streak ends, I start it back up as soon as possible. On an average day, I can get 7 quick wins in about 10 minutes ... here you need to spend 48 GOLD to restore your streak.

One other thing is to ALWAYS save GOLD for at least one of the league events, preferably DAY #1. To win and get 20 parts usually requires 100 victories (200 AP). This is the equivalent of two global days without spending GOLD. To put it in perspective, the most you could score playing for 24 hours and not losing is 72 victories. Since we cannot freeze time, LOL, we must spend GOLD.
    Mudbug308 wrote: »

Great question. My name is Angels Holocaust and I'm one of the few "pro" players who have achieved success without having to spend real life money. I managed to use a grand total of 440 gold to earn my mudflow tesla rifle. I earned 20 pieces on the global event. 12 pieces on the first day. 16 pieces on the second day. 5 pieces on the last day giving me access to my Holocaust cannon. It took me 7 days to get that weapon and I slept 5 hours a day.
    Great question. My name is Angels Holocaust and I'm one of the few "pro" players who have achieved success without having to spend real life money. I managed to use a grand total of 440 gold to earn my mudflow tesla rifle. I earned 20 pieces on the global event. 12 pieces on the first day. 16 pieces on the second day. 5 pieces on the last day giving me access to my Holocaust cannon. It took me 7 days to get that weapon and I slept 5 hours a day.

PERFECT ... between the contrast in styles, he'll have enough to put together his own plan that works for him.