Options

Raven & basilisk useless

TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
I have the Raven & Basilisk, level 12 sniper & assault weapons. Both @ 356k, a bad mistake on my part. On the level 12 maxed out bases it takes over 4 shots or a 45 shot clip & 1/2 just to take out a merc. Sentrys are 6 shots & 2 clips at.least. The Raven only has a 3 shot clip. The level 11 bases can be beaten but you have to thin ranks with rockets or.granades. These & other level 12 guns need to be tweeked. It should not take more than 2 head shots.to take out an opponent. The only weapon that works now are Tesla's 10.5 or higher IMO. If this isn't changed the game is over. Also, with Lvel 12 guns, I am matched with level 12 maxed out bases that can't be beat without meds and it takes several thousand diamonds to get to level 11 opponents. My own base is L11 @107 k. My only hope is my drone is just about 400k diamonds short till I reach 51K and I hope it will make up difference.

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    TBK wrote: »
    I have the Raven & Basilisk, level 12 sniper & assault weapons. Both @ 356k, a bad mistake on my part. On the level 12 maxed out bases it takes over 4 shots or a 45 shot clip & 1/2 just to take out a merc. Sentrys are 6 shots & 2 clips at.least. The Raven only has a 3 shot clip. The level 11 bases can be beaten but you have to thin ranks with rockets or.granades. These & other level 12 guns need to be tweeked. It should not take more than 2 head shots.to take out an opponent. The only weapon that works now are Tesla's 10.5 or higher IMO. If this isn't changed the game is over. Also, with Lvel 12 guns, I am matched with level 12 maxed out bases that can't be beat without meds and it takes several thousand diamonds to get to level 11 opponents. My own base is L11 @107 k. My only hope is my drone is just about 400k diamonds short till I reach 51K and I hope it will make up difference.

Lolz on you, assault and sniper rifles are completely useless in battle. I'm just sad to hear that you wasted all that gold on an obsolete weapon. Live and learn I guess.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I found grenades and rockets were getting that you needed to use 3 or 4 they've tweaked these a bit still need two grenades or 1 knife so let's hope the guns get tweaked seeing more tier 12 in pvp so guns need to be up to the mark
    ( + )
  • Options
    TBKTBK Registered Users 20 Posts
    Handels, how can a level 12, 368k gun be so ineffective. What about all the other guns you are offerring now? As players, we have to trust the power ratings you assign. I am relagated to battleing level 12 bases with weak guns. And if not changed, you will lose me and many others as your customers
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The simple truth is no Sniper or Assault weapon is suitable for current PVP play. This is absolutely true of the Sniper and the situation is little better for the Assault weapons. My 11.5 Guitar fully upgraded is a great gun in campaigns, but not ready for prime time PVP. Sorry!
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The simple truth is no Sniper or Assault weapon is suitable for current PVP play. This is absolutely true of the Sniper and the situation is little better for the Assault weapons. My 11.5 Guitar fully upgraded is a great gun in campaigns, but not ready for prime time PVP. Sorry!

Agreed. The game would be a little too easy (and Glu wouldn't make much money) if you could take down maxed out bases with the free primary weapons. A maxed out base should be difficult to take down, even with the advanced secondary weapons. It's how Glu gets you to want those hard to get guns. Use gold to get one, then use that gun to start winning more PVP battles to get a better one. ;)
  • Options
    I and many others have posted on this subject many times, so this is not late breaking news, but for those who are new here i will post it one more time:

Do not ever buy a Sniper or an Assault weapon with Gold, and do not spend to upgrade it beyond the minimum power reqjuired to get through the current campaign. Concentrate on the "Secondary weapons", the Tesla and the Heavy. Teslas are forgiving guns and can be used through a couple of cycles, but PVP in CKS REQUIRES the best, nastiest Heavy you can get, concentrate your efforts and your Gold on acquiring one. Having done that, get ready to acquire another one next month, since the shelf life of a Heavy is no more than 4 weeks.

Perhaps that is not fair or just, but it is the way this game is currently played.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts

I take exception to labeling ASSAULT rifles as useless in PvP ... it was all I had for weeks and in "capable hands" it can be an effective weapon *** SMILES *** I'll even use my SNIPER at times just for fun ...

ONE SHOT ... ONE KILL and some help from LITTLE ME.

Just busting chops ... in reality not everyone is a nut like me ... TESLA and HEAVY are the ticket.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    I was a victim of Glu's stupidity and couldn't win the Medusa heavy and had my points ported over to the following week where I was unfortunate enough to compete for an assault weapon.
  • Options
    I was a victim of Glu's stupidity and couldn't win the Medusa heavy and had my points ported over to the following week where I was unfortunate enough to compete for an assault weapon.

So you haven't had a chance to test out our theory as yet? Just keep it in the back of your mind ...
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I take exception to labeling ASSAULT rifles as useless in PvP ... it was all I had for weeks and in "capable hands" it can be an effective weapon *** SMILES *** I'll even use my SNIPER at times just for fun ...

ONE SHOT ... ONE KILL and some help from LITTLE ME.

Just busting chops ... in reality not everyone is a nut like me ... TESLA and HEAVY are the ticket.

You know the Assault used to be my favorite weapon. I used it over the Heavy for several Campaigns. Reloading is a minor hassle, but I usually need to duck at that point anyway. And I admire how you made do for a month with no Heavy to speak of, but the current situation is tough even for Heavies as you know.

The only comparison I can make now is between my 210 K Guitar and the Medusa at 315 K, and this is not a fair comparison at all. I have tried the Guitar against lower rated opponents and it does OK, but it just leaves you exposed for way to long. I would think that a 356 K Assault should be good to go against any opponent, but it would require more work (and more Medkits.)

It is funny, every week in League play there is some guy who I never heard of who is kicking my butt. I look at his profile and he doesn't even have a Heavy, yet he is 50 points ahead in League play, so his Assault weapon is obviously working for him.

In any event, I am not thinking about trading my Medusa in for a brand new Assault weapon, even 12.0.
  • Options
    You know the Assault used to be my favorite weapon. I used it over the Heavy for several Campaigns. Reloading is a minor hassle, but I usually need to duck at that point anyway. And I admire how you made do for a month with no Heavy to speak of, but the current situation is tough even for Heavies as you know.

The only comparison I can make now is between my 210 K Guitar and the Medusa at 315 K, and this is not a fair comparison at all. I have tried the Guitar against lower rated opponents and it does OK, but it just leaves you exposed for way to long. I would think that a 356 K Assault should be good to go against any opponent, but it would require more work (and more Medkits.)

It is funny, every week in League play there is some guy who I never heard of who is kicking my butt. I look at his profile and he doesn't even have a Heavy, yet he is 50 points ahead in League play, so his Assault weapon is obviously working for him.

In any event, I am not thinking about trading my Medusa in for a brand new Assault weapon, even 12.0.

*** SMILING ***

Empty your clip at a JUGG ... duck back down ... RELOAD ... then the SENTRY, then the MERCS... made a living doing that for weeks. You would be surprised what you can in 5 minutes with a little bit of patience.

ONE BITE AT A TIME
  • Options
    Scorpion, you have got me rethinking my earlier disparaging remarks about the Assault. As I think about it, there is absolutely no reason why a 356 K 12.0 Assault shouldn't be superior to my 314 K Medusa Heavy. I haven't had a chance to use the 12.0 Assault, of course, but if it doesn't at least match the 11.5 Heavy, there is something wrong with the ratings system, which would not come as a surprise to anybody.
  • Options
    Scorpion, you have got me rethinking my earlier disparaging remarks about the Assault. As I think about it, there is absolutely no reason why a 356 K 12.0 Assault shouldn't be superior to my 314 K Medusa Heavy. I haven't had a chance to use the 12.0 Assault, of course, but if it doesn't at least match the 11.5 Heavy, there is something wrong with the ratings system, which would not come as a surprise to anybody.

I think the difference is the fire rate. Sure, one is more powerful, but the other is throwing more lead and getting more hits per second.
  • Options

The rating system is like the game cash ... it's funny. When the dust settles, take your ASSAULT out for some target practice. I'll tell you, rate of fire aside, the GUITAR can inflict as mush damage as the MEDUSA when fighting one opponent at a time.

The HEAVY spoils us because there's no need to reload. But it will over heat at times. I use the assault sparingly, of course, but it does have it's uses.

Another thing to keep n mind is that the ASSAULT rifle is far more accurate !!
  • Options
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I think the difference is the fire rate. Sure, one is more powerful, but the other is throwing more lead and getting more hits per second.

You confirm my suspicions. Firing an Assault always leaves you with the sinking feeling that it is just taking too long. And just standing there. blasting away, against a strong opponent is a losing game.

Still, an accurate ratings system should take that into account.
  • Options
    You confirm my suspicions. Firing an Assault always leaves you with the sinking feeling that it is just taking too long. And just standing there. blasting away, against a strong opponent is a losing game.

That's because you have an "inner clock" that gets impatient after 60 seconds of fighting. When we're playing for FREE energy, there's no rush ... slow down ... use the full five minutes if necessary.
  • Options
    The Assault does have one other major advantage: It is mostly upgradeable with Game $. I generally upgrade Assaults when I can for Game $ and upgrade at a leisurely pace. The weekend of July 11 will have the Assault up for the Global competition, you can bet I will be seeing if I can trade up with minimal expense.
  • Options

Still, an accurate ratings system should take that into account.

Anyone know how the gun power is calculated? I mean, I checked the Basilisk and I figure that it's calculated as a per second "power". Damage = 24576, Rate = 500/min. 24576*500/60 = 204.8K, which is exactly the Weapon Power listed for stock Balisisk.

However, My Medusa, which isn't quite stock: Damage = 19584 and Fire Rate = 640, so 19584*640/60=208.896k. However, my Medusa power only says it is 200.83k right now. I'm guessing somehow the "Critcal chance" comes in to the calculation somehow, but I haven't figured out how yet.
  • Options
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    Anyone know how the gun power is calculated? I mean, I checked the Basilisk and I figure that it's calculated as a per second "power". Damage = 24576, Rate = 500/min. 24576*500/60 = 204.8K, which is exactly the Weapon Power listed for stock Balisisk.

However, My Medusa, which isn't quite stock: Damage = 19584 and Fire Rate = 640, so 19584*640/60=208.896k. However, my Medusa power only says it is 200.83k right now. I'm guessing somehow the "Critcal chance" comes in to the calculation somehow, but I haven't figured out how yet.

Yeah, I keep hoping someone will explain critical chance to me.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Always thought critical chance had something to do with standard deviation. The higher the CC the tighter groupings get. But then, CC is always the last on my list to upgrade.
    The heavy is just fun to try and hold steady. You still end up spraying all over the place, but sometimes it evens out - even on a moving target.
  • Options
    Yeah, I keep hoping someone will explain critical chance to me.

After looking if over, I'm not sure my first thoughts are right, or Glu (more likely) took shortcuts and are calculating some weapons wrong. I was just scrolling through and guns with a 900 fire rate still are only showing a weapon power of Damage * 10. Which is what you would get for a 600 fire rate Power = Damage * 600/60 is the same as Power = Damage * 10. Did Glu miscalculate and just times all the damages by 10, forgetting they are 900 fire rates? I don't know, but I am curious now.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Vernonmt wrote: »

HANDLES, can't you just delete this post?
    You will go where you look at...