Options

Bots in PVP challenges

xsgt1xsgt1 Registered Users 41 Posts
Out of the last 4 challenges, it would appear that 3 of them were tier 11 Bots. It is all of a 10 second match. Anyone else catching nothing but Tier 11 match-ups ???

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    xsgt1 wrote: »
    Out of the last 4 challenges, it would appear that 3 of them were tier 11 Bots. It is all of a 10 second match. Anyone else catching nothing but Tier 11 match-ups ???

Thank your stars you're not getting TIER 12s ,,, yet LOL ... Yeah they appear to come in clusters, usually immediately preceding or following a CONTENT UPDATE or NETWORK ERROR. I have a theory I'm working on and will post my findings when I've collected enough data.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Thank your stars you're not getting TIER 12s ,,, yet LOL ... Yeah they appear to come in clusters, usually immediately preceding or following a CONTENT UPDATE or NETWORK ERROR. I have a theory I'm working on and will post my findings when I've collected enough data.

I am getting a steady diet of Tier 12 Short contests on Amazon. Most are not maxxed out though, typically 209 to 229 K with 17 to 25 K Vaults. Lots of Diamonds but I am back to using Medkits 50% of the time with maxxed out Medusa
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I am getting a steady diet of Tier 12 Short contests on Amazon. Most are not maxxed out though, typically 209 to 229 K with 17 to 25 K Vaults. Lots of Diamonds but I am back to using Medkits 50% of the time with maxxed out Medusa

Glad they fixed that glitch! :) My Medusa and Mudflow are still at stock power. My diamonds go to trying to get to tier 11 base yet. I keep getting short tier 11s on ios.
  • Options

YEP ... same here ... it's a curse having been around long enough to see the BIG picture. The only thing that came to mind when I first saw these TIER 12 DEFENSES was ... OMG the GLUTONS just bounced us back another 4 weeks.

Starting to see a pattern here My Man? HERE's a great one ... after the latest CONTENT UPDATE ended my WIN STREAK, I wanted to see what was so freakin' important to interrupt my game play, so I went to the STORE, or should I say I tried to go into the store ... every time I try, the game restarts !!!

This just gets BETTER and BETTER !!!! LMAO
  • Options
    This situation is continuing on !!! I have expended many, many, many thousands of diamonds in an attempt to find a favorable match-up. I continually catch Tier 11 opponents, and when I finally relent and play, the challenge ends up being a bot. This really blows !!!
  • Options
    Lucky that I have not yet encountered the Tier 12 challenges yet ... lol
  • Options
    Lucky that I have not yet encountered the Tier 12 challenges yet ... lol

The most likely reason your matched against a bot is because there is no REAL opponent available. Now this could be for a variety of reason ranging from ... EVERY registered player playing (not likely) to NETWORK ERRORS resulting in false positive with regards to player availability to outright game failures ...

Take your pick ... SMH
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    The most likely reason your matched against a bot is because there is no REAL opponent available. Now this could be for a variety of reason ranging from ... EVERY registered player playing (not likely) to NETWORK ERRORS resulting in false positive with regards to player availability to outright game failures ...

Take your pick ... SMH

I think that after cycling through too many opponents, the game is bound to give you a bot.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts

Playing on IOS:
    184.3 base power (Maxed out TIER 11)

Guitar (equipped) with 203.79K power is my max short range weapon (My heavy is not really heavy ... :o)
    ORCA (equipped) with 129K power is my max equipped long range weapon
    MUDFLOW (crafted not equipped) with 205K power is the max long range weapon in my inventory (when I couldn't get any more 37.2K vaults, I took it off the shelve and put it in use)

I can also confirm that since 12 hours ago and the latest content update, the TIER 9 glitch is fixed. No more 37.2K payouts. I usually get paired with TIER 11.
    Usual Short range opponent in PVP: 184K base power (Payout ranges from 15-32K). I take them down without using meds or knives, bombs, etc with my guitar.
    Usual Long range opponent in PVP: 130K base power (Payout ranges from 10-22K). I take them down without using meds or knives, bombs, etc with my ORCA.

SO, I reckon it is safe to assume that:

1) Things have been rationalized in payouts and opponents
    2) The weapon power that really matters now is of the weapon's you have equipped and not the max you have in your inventory

What do you guys think?

Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Tier 9 glitch is gone. I am still not sure about whether weapons that are not equipped are used by the algo. Scorpion thinks they are.
  • Options
    Tier 9 glitch is gone. I am still not sure about whether weapons that are not equipped are used by the algo. Scorpion thinks they are.

NOT Fully Equipped YES ... NOT Yet CRAFTED NO ... whatever is the HIGHEST (strongest) rating in your inventory for a given class, is used by the match maker regardless of whether you actually use it or not. So using a lower rated weapon WILL NOT get you weaker opponents.

Weapons not yet CRAFTED are not considered as part or your weapons inventory until you craft them, therefore the match maker effectively ignores these even if you have collected 50 parts.

Hey Bro I am experiencing some strange hiccups ... nothing serious YET, but strange indeed.
  • Options
    NOT Equipped YES ... Not Yet CRAFTED NO

Hey Bro I am experiencing some strange hiccups ... nothing serious YET, but strange indeed.

I was under the same impression until last update. Maybe they changed that?
    Wouldn't this mean that with the following status, I should be paired with 200+ long bases?

MUDFLOW (crafted not equipped) with 205K power is the max long range weapon in my inventory
  • Options
    NK14 wrote: »
    I was under the same impression until last update. Maybe they changed that?
    Wouldn't this mean that with the following status, I should be paired with 200+ long bases?

MUDFLOW (crafted not equipped) with 205K power is the max long range weapon in my inventory

YEP ... give it some time ... you'll get your wish very soon. Now that you've added the MUDFLOW to your inventory, you must now get it FULLY EQUIPPED. NOT equipped it's pretty much useless anyways.

CHECK YOUR NUMBERS the MUDFLOW is rated 192K.

Please note that your match ups are based on the HIGHEST powered (NNN.nk) weapon in your inventory NOT the highest RATED (11.5 for example). But even being UN-equipped, the MUDFLOW's power rating is still HIGHER even though, in reality, it is less effective. So now you MUST equip it.

You may find that battles you easily WON with the ORCA, may be a little more difficult using an under powered MUDFLOW. To the players this doesn't make much sense, but to GLU ....

... awarding you a weapon is easy and costs GLU nothing at all. Equipping it is another story altogether and that's where GLU makes it's profits (some of it anyway).
  • Options
    YEP ... give it some time ... you'll get your wish very soon. Now that you've added the MUDFLOW to your inventory, you must now get it FULLY EQUIPPED. NOT equipped it's pretty much useless anyways.

CHECK YOUR NUMBERS the MUDFLOW is rated 192K.

Please note that your match ups are based on the HIGHEST powered (NNN.nk) weapon in your inventory NOT the highest RATED (11.5 for example). But even being UN-equipped, the MUDFLOW's power rating is still HIGHER even though, in reality, it is less effective. So now you MUST equip it.

You may find that battles you easily WON with the ORCA, may be a little more difficult using an under powered MUDFLOW. To the players this doesn't make much sense, but to GLU ....

... awarding you a weapon is easy and costs GLU nothing at all. Equipping it is another story altogether and that's where GLU makes it's profits (some of it anyway).

Yeap, I now get your point. Thanks.
    My excuse is that the payouts I was getting (before I crafted the MUDFLOW and after the TIER 9 glitch was fixed) in long PVP's were (and still are) not worth it.
  • Options
    I realize that with a tournament in progress that actual players are somewhat limited. However, I am catching like 3 Bots to one player. I cycle through potential players (probably Bots) in an attempt to find an even match. After expending ludicrous amounts of diamonds, I attempt to play, of course losing to the Bot. lol
  • Options
    I realize that with a tournament in progress that actual players are somewhat limited. However, I am catching like 3 Bots to one player. I cycle through potential players (probably Bots) in an attempt to find an even match. After expending ludicrous amounts of diamonds, I attempt to play, of course losing to the Bot. lol

Well you're probably fighting (and winning at times) more bots than you realize. What I do sometimes to end the cycle of repeated streams of similar opponents, is fight the first opponent that comes up ... that seems to end the "loop". I do realize that many players do not have that option however, for me it's more of a decision on whether or not to use MedKits.
  • Options
    I have tried that !!! I am still ending up playing Bots...
  • Options
    I have tried that !!! I am still ending up playing Bots...

I don't know how bad the problem actually is. My LONG weapons are rated at 10.5 and I frequently get 12.0 (MAX'd) opponents. That being said, if your weapons are 9.5, for example, then following the same logic you SHOULD be getting 11.0 (MAX'd) opponents. If that's the case, then there is no foul. You can't get an easy win every time out; that's an unreasonable expectation. Sometimes you must fight.

If your getting blasted away in short order then it could be the result of poor player health.

Post all of your vitals so I can see if there is any noticeable weaknesses. Weapons strength and power rating, base defense rating and upgrade status.