I have question about drone...!!!

Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts
I have 2 puctures here shown that
Drone weapon upgrade and its color like
I shown below...theres no automatic changing
Color on drone weapon like u upgrade 11.5k
Blue color shown in its still green why...?

23j1sv7.jpg
2hx0s8w.jpg

I want ur concern about this matter...!!!

Comments

• bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    No problem. You are upgrading the 7.0 weapon, it won't change color. Just keep upgrading it until you hit the 26.9 K max.
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    No problem. You are upgrading the 7.0 weapon, it won't change color. Just keep upgrading it until you hit the 26.9 K max.

Really?
    So you really got what he said buddy?
    I didn't get a single word I'm afraid (No offense)
    This is why I look up to you! ;)
    You will go where you look at...
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    BRADR752 has been and always will be my mentor when it comes to this game, and it's features. He's simply the BEST there is !!!

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    I still think that the Drone weapons upgrade process is confusing. We have known that you can't upgrade a weapon beyond the Drone power, but it is not possible to tell in advance how much additional power you get from advancing one level on a particular weapon. It is impossible to decide whether to upgrade a weapon or to wait and concentrate on getting the Drone itself to a new threshhold. This is not particularly hard with an 8 K+ Drone since it is a long way to 51 K and the next available weapons.

One hits 8 K at Level 69, and reaches 51 K is Level 91. I am told that 64 K is Level 100, but I am struggling to get above Level 96, which is 58 K. (The upgrade from Level 95 to 96 increased Drone power only 1 K)

My current strategy at Drone Level 80 (16.8 K) is to upgrade the Machine Gun, since it is the Drone's go to weapon. The 8 K weapons are upgradeable to 26.9 K, which should correspond to approximately Drone Level 85.

To make a complicated story only slightly less complicated my current rule is above 8 K, upgrade weapons along with Drone power.

Above 51 K, upgrade to 56 K power on all weapons when you can, then hold out for the 64 K guns. The 51 K weapons max out at 134 K so they should be good for a while.

I don't claim to speak with any authority at all on this topic, so if anybody has any clearer notion of how to prioritize the Drone upgrade process. I would love to see your thoughts.
  • Stork007Stork007 Registered Users 91 Posts
    Thanks buddy
    I still think that the Drone weapons upgrade process is confusing. We have known that you can't upgrade a weapon beyond the Drone power, but it is not possible to tell in advance how much additional power you get from advancing one level on a particular weapon. It is impossible to decide whether to upgrade a weapon or to wait and concentrate on getting the Drone itself to a new threshhold. This is not particularly hard with an 8 K+ Drone since it is a long way to 51 K and the next available weapons.
    One hits 8 K at Level 69, and reaches 51 K is Level 91. I am told that 64 K is Level 100, but I am struggling to get above Level 96, which is 58 K. (The upgrade from Level 95 to 96 increased Drone power only 1 K)
    My current strategy at Drone Level 80 (16.8 K) is to upgrade the Machine Gun, since it is the Drone's go to weapon. The 8 K weapons are upgradeable to 26.9 K, which should correspond to approximately Drone Level 85.
    To make a complicated story only slightly less complicated my current rule is above 8 K, upgrade weapons along with Drone power.
    Above 51 K, upgrade to 56 K power on all weapons when you can, then hold out for the 64 K guns. The 51 K weapons max out at 134 K so they should be good for a while.
    I don't claim to speak with any authority at all on this topic, so if anybody has any clearer notion of how to prioritize the Drone upgrade process. I would love to see your thoughts.

Hey Bradr752

This is a very interesting analysis, thank you very much for sharing.
    I got some questions/notes (not trying to play smart, I just want to build up on what I think is a very very interesting conversation and thanks again for sharing with the rest of us mortals :) ):

1) "One hits 8 K at Level 69, and reaches 51 K is Level 91. I am told that 64 K is Level 100, but I am struggling to get above Level 96, which is 58 K. (The upgrade from Level 95 to 96 increased Drone power only 1 K)"

I've encountered players with the following drone milestones: 51K, 54K, 55k, 57K, 58K, 60K, 63K, 64K.
    Having said that, if 51K is level 91, then 64K is level 98, right?
    OR, since 58K is level 96, then 64K is level 99.

2) "My current strategy at Drone Level 80 (16.8 K) is to upgrade the Machine Gun, since it is the Drone's go to weapon. The 8 K weapons are upgradeable to 26.9 K, which should correspond to approximately Drone Level 85."

I'm at Drone Level 80. I find it hard to sweep my short range maxed TIER 11 opponents with my 11.5 assault gun (210K). Long bases maxed TIER 11 are easy to deal with, even with a 10* fully upgraded Tesla. You got me wandering if I should focus on upgrading my Machine gun in expense of my drone. Do I really need to? I'm getting by with the longs and shorts, with the occasional use of a med kit. BUT, what happens when TIERS 12 are released on IOS? "Longwise" I'm OK but "shortwise" I could really use the help of an extra reliable gun. This leads me to think that it's probably best that I try to bring my drone's power in balance with my weapons and base power and inject my gems in my drone. This of course also means that I'll have to burn myself out next week for the heavy gun (or of course dry my pockets :) ).

3) "Above 51 K, upgrade to 56 K power on all weapons when you can, then hold out for the 64 K guns. The 51 K weapons max out at 134 K so they should be good for a while."
    This sounds pretty reasonable and I'm with you on that. Looking forward to the day when this is a practical question for me!

I apologize if I got you tired.
    Cheers
    Let me take a crack at answering your questions. I also want to amend my earlier post to reflect my current thinking.

First let me reiterate that this is largely speculation on my part, since it is hard to nail down the data.

First, my amendment and maybe an answer to your second question: I am rethinking the suggestion that one should upgrade weapons with your Drone Power between 8 and 51 K. I have expiremented with upgrading the machine gun from 8 to 17 K. I can notice the difference but it is not a "game changer" in that it doesn't affect my win rate, speed of play or consumption of Handgrenades and Medkits.

Further, the cost of the upgrades would degrade the ability to put Diamonds to use in Base and Weapons upgrades. With a limited gaming budget, one has to prioritize, recognizing that you will probably never be able to get to the lower priority items. I am now placing all Drone weapons upgrades to the bottom of the list.

Getting to 51 K Drone power is a game changer and you can change to the 51 K weapons with no additional cost. The weapons at that level really do help noticeably.I am told that the 64 K weapons are a substantial jump as well.

In short, my new advice on Drone weapons upgrades is: Don't!

As far as your other point which relates to the relationship between Drone level upgrades and power, I think you are generally correct. Here is what I know: First the progress in Drone development is heavily back loaded, which means that most of the development comes very late in the upgrade process. I am at Level 96, which is 80% of the way through the 120 total levels, yet I am only at 58 K, which is on 15.7% of the 369 K of max power. In order to get to 369 K in the next 24 levels I must receive an average of 13 K increase in power for every level. I only got 1 K in going form level 95 to level 96.

The number of XP required to advance a level increases with every level. At Level 71, 275 XP are required to go to level 72. At level 96, 93 XP are required to get to Level 97

In addition, the cost of each XP rises every 10 Levels. At Level 61, the cost per XP is 1200 Diamonds, at Level 71 it is 1800 Diamonds per XP. At Level 81 it goes to 2600 and at Level 90 it is 4000 Diamonds per XP.

Your sequence of 51 to 64 K values is nearly correct. My belief is that 51 K is Level 91, 52 K is Level 92, followed by 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, and finally 64 K at Level 99, but maybe there is another Level at 62. I probably won't figure that one out until I get there, and I may or may not live long enough to see 64 K.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Thanks for re-thinking this. I was also starting to upgrade the drone weapons from your original post. At least those where much cheaper, so didn't wast a lot of daimonds compared to the drone's base power.

Appreciate your posts, since there's no guide from GLU! Experience is much better than a hand expecting your money. GLU loves its design traps.
    Let me take a crack at answering your questions. I also want to amend my earlier post to reflect my current thinking.

First let me reiterate that this is largely speculation on my part, since it is hard to nail down the data.

First, my amendment and maybe an answer to your second question: I am rethinking the suggestion that one should upgrade weapons with your Drone Power between 8 and 51 K. I have expiremented with upgrading the machine gun from 8 to 17 K. I can notice the difference but it is not a "game changer" in that it doesn't affect my win rate, speed of play or consumption of Handgrenades and Medkits.

Further, the cost of the upgrades would degrade the ability to put Diamonds to use in Base and Weapons upgrades. With a limited gaming budget, one has to prioritize, recognizing that you will probably never be able to get to the lower priority items. I am now placing all Drone weapons upgrades to the bottom of the list.

Getting to 51 K Drone power is a game changer and you can change to the 51 K weapons with no additional cost. The weapons at that level really do help noticeably.I am told that the 64 K weapons are a substantial jump as well.

In short, my new advice on Drone weapons upgrades is: Don't!

As far as your other point which relates to the relationship between Drone level upgrades and power, I think you are generally correct. Here is what I know: First the progress in Drone development is heavily back loaded, which means that most of the development comes very late in the upgrade process. I am at Level 96, which is 80% of the way through the 120 total levels, yet I am only at 58 K, which is on 15.7% of the 369 K of max power. In order to get to 369 K in the next 24 levels I must receive an average of 13 K increase in power for every level. I only got 1 K in going form level 95 to level 96.

The number of XP required to advance a level increases with every level. At Level 71, 275 XP are required to go to level 72. At level 96, 93 XP are required to get to Level 97

In addition, the cost of each XP rises every 10 Levels. At Level 61, the cost per XP is 1200 Diamonds, at Level 71 it is 1800 Diamonds per XP. At Level 81 it goes to 2600 and at Level 90 it is 4000 Diamonds per XP.

Your sequence of 51 to 64 K values is nearly correct. My belief is that 51 K is Level 91, 52 K is Level 92, followed by 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, and finally 64 K at Level 99, but maybe there is another Level at 62. I probably won't figure that one out until I get there, and I may or may not live long enough to see 64 K.

Hey Bradr752, do you feel it? Having read your email (which by the way is for standing ovation), I sense something or someone in the air. Do you feel it/him?
    YES, you're right...
    SCORPION IS COMING!!!
    :)

That is the difference of 7.0-8k max 26.9k
    7.0-11.5k max46.1k
    w5smh.jpg
    Stork007 wrote: »
    That is the difference of 7.0-8k max 26.9k
    7.0-11.5k max46.1k
    w5smh.jpg

There is a difference but you shouldn't care. Once you have committed to upgrading a weapon, it makes no sense to switch, only to make a change when you make the next level (51K) Concentrate on upgrading the Drone then move to the 51 K weapons, no cost. BTW, I have modified my advice in other posts, don't upgrade weapons, too expensive, Get that Drone ot 51 K ASAP.
    There is a difference but you shouldn't care. Once you have committed to upgrading a weapon, it makes no sense to switch, only to make a change when you make the next level (51K) Concentrate on upgrading the Drone then move to the 51 K weapons, no cost. BTW, I have modified my advice in other posts, don't upgrade weapons, too expensive, Get that Drone ot 51 K ASAP.

Ok i understand thanks..
    Stork007 wrote: »
    Ok i understand thanks..

Good, then maybe you can explain it to me. I keep shooting my mouth off about Drone upgrades when it is totally incomprehensible to me.

My current advice to concentrate on Drone development and to ignore weapons upgrades is based on nothing more than the impossility of upgrading the Drone, let alone spending Diamonds on weapons.

Weirdly, it appears that there are only a couple of us interested in this subject, which seems to me to be the key to a cost effective approach to this game.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Good, then maybe you can explain it to me. I keep shooting my mouth off about Drone upgrades when it is totally incomprehensible to me.

My current advice to concentrate on Drone development and to ignore weapons upgrades is based on nothing more than the impossility of upgrading the Drone, let alone spending Diamonds on weapons.

Weirdly, it appears that there are only a couple of us interested in this subject, which seems to me to be the key to a cost effective approach to this game.

Plenty of us are interested Buddy ... as always, you're so thorough in your responses that I have no questions left to ask **SMILES** I've read every single word you have ever published on this forum ... I'm always there listening and learning.

How was your trip?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Plenty of us are interested Buddy ... as always, you're so thorough in your responses that I have no questions left to ask **SMILES** I've read every single word you have ever published on this forum ... I'm always there listening and learning.

How was your trip?

My trip was hot (104) I abandoned the race in the heat. Ten hour drive, DNF. Life is good.
    amsoft2000 wrote: »

Of course we are plenty!
    There will be more, when more people realize that down the road, only 1 guy with a gun and some med-kits will not be able to stand in a PVP match-up for more than 5 seconds.