Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    geolike wrote: »

Hell ... I guess they really wanted that SNIPER **SMILES**
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    I wanted to follow up with the Silver League Day #1 results to conclude my example started in this thread regarding "predicting" where a threat might emerge in the field that included an early rabbit and several contenders, for anyone else interested in such things.

The early LEADER (rabbit) never did regain the form he exhibited during the first 12 hours; he finished 5th. The player that finished 3rd also attempted a late surge but was to far back to catch up without spending GOLD; something that he decidedly was NOT going to do.

The REAL threat emerged exactly where I predicted. The player that started slowly but played methodically made his move with just over 3 hours remaining and had clearly been saving his GOLD for this moment.

I decided early on not to spend any GOLD, other than the 100 BARS I used to get into the contest; we fought like hell and the better player (this time around) emerged on top. That "threat" finally won the event handily by 12 VP. I graciously tipped my hat and collected my 16 PARTS ... KUDOS !!!

One final thought ... All TOP 3 finishers started at the back of the pack; none of the early leaders survived; I offer my sincere condolences.

36 PARTS down ... 14 to go.

Time to start and do it all over again ... DAY #2

Good Lord ... we have ANOTHER rabbit ... oh well, here we go again !!

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    geolikegeolike Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 22 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I wanted to follow up with the Silver League Day #1 results to conclude my example started in this thread regarding "predicting" where a threat might emerge in the field that included an early rabbit and several contenders, for anyone else interested in such things.

The early LEADER (rabbit) never did regain the form he exhibited during the first 12 hours; he finished 5th. The player that finished 3rd also attempted a late surge but was to far back to catch up without spending GOLD; something that he decidedly was NOT going to do.

The REAL threat emerged exactly where I predicted. The player that started slowly but played methodically made his move with just over 3 hours remaining and had clearly been saving his GOLD for this moment.

I decided early on not to spend any GOLD, other than the 100 BARS I used to get into the contest; we fought like hell and the better player (this time around) emerged on top. That "threat" finally won the event handily by 12 VP. I graciously tipped my hat and collected my 16 PARTS ... KUDOS !!!

One final thought ... All TOP 3 finishers started at the back of the pack; none of the early leaders survived; I offer my sincere condolences.

36 PARTS down ... 14 to go.

Time to start and do it all over again ... DAY #2

*** SMILES ***

lol i have the same kind of players today ... o happy me !:p
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    No rabbit, or someone with 80+ points for me this time when I joined this morning. I was the ONLY person in there when I joined, which worried me. After a couple battles, it was full. The only rabbit right now has 10. I have 6 and tied with 17 other players. :)

On a side note. I'm only going on about 4 hours sleep. Knowing Wednesday (or possibly tonight) depending on when I get on the road, is shot, I had to go for 3rd place. Cost me 100 gold. 50 if you don't count the 50 I won reaching 100. I stayed up till just before the end, where I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. I think I finished with 158. 1st was at 194 when I took my last screenshot and belonged to a midday rabbit SquiddyGoose. The guy that was given the 80 point headstart only finished with 142 and in 6th.

26 Parts down, two top 6 finishes to go. I'm hoping Wednesday is as easy as can be if I decide to get on the road then.

Scorpion, I know you have the EST handicap, but do you usually stay up till the end of the events? Do you have the luxury of sleeping in when you do? Jealous if so.
  • Options
    geolikegeolike Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 22 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    No rabbit, or someone with 80+ points for me this time when I joined this morning. I was the ONLY person in there when I joined, which worried me. After a couple battles, it was full. The only rabbit right now has 10. I have 6 and tied with 17 other players. :)

On a side note. I'm only going on about 4 hours sleep. Knowing Wednesday (or possibly tonight) depending on when I get on the road, is shot, I had to go for 3rd place. Cost me 100 gold. 50 if you don't count the 50 I won reaching 100. I stayed up till just before the end, where I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. I think I finished with 158. 1st was at 194 when I took my last screenshot and belonged to a midday rabbit SquiddyGoose. The guy that was given the 80 point headstart only finished with 142 and in 6th.

26 Parts down, two top 6 finishes to go. I'm hoping Wednesday is as easy as can be if I decide to get on the road then.

Scorpion, I know you have the EST handicap, but do you usually stay up till the end of the events? Do you have the luxury of sleeping in when you do? Jealous if so.

first place on my league was over 350 gold skills .... yeeee
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts

How many less VP was RANK 4?
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    There ARE times when statistics don't mean **** and one must allow the PRIMEVAL KILLER to indulge in that which he LOVES !!! THE HUNT

silver_league_a.png

silver_league_b.png

They don't realize it yet, but there's a trained killer amongst them and he doesn't take prisoners.

Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    There ARE times when statistics don't mean **** and one must allow the PRIMEVAL KILLER to indulge in that which he LOVES !!! THE HUNT

silver_league_a.png

silver_league_b.png
    Good luck, but somehow I don't think you'll need it!!

They don't realize it yet, but there's a trained killer amongst them and he doesn't take prisoners.

Good Hunting !!!

Good luck, but I'm guessing you won't need it!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Scorpion has never conjured up the image of Elmer Fudd to me! Bugs is in for some serious stew.
  • Options
    NK14 wrote: »
    How many less VP was RANK 4?

RANK #4 finished with 102 VP.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Scorpion has never conjured up the image of Elmer Fudd to me! Bugs is in for some serious stew.

Currently the leader (GANSTER) has 90 VP, I'm sitting in 2nd with 80 VP, RANK #3 has 70 VP ... then it's 50-60 VP range for RANKS #4 thru #17. It's anyone's prize at this point ... I love it !!!

The "rabbit" spit the bit early and is sitting in 6th with 60 VP; the same total he had 5 hours ago. No staying power at all LOL his GF must be proud. Maybe he only needs 10 parts, I don't know but he better get his *** in gear soon.

Anyways, it's time to do some work ... fun time is over until later this evening.

Good Luck !!!

*** SMILES ***
  • Options

Good question ... I am an early riser by nature and usually awaken around 6 AM. When there is a weapon I want at stake, I'll hit the sack early say around 9 PM and wake myself up at 1 AM just for the late surge. I'll usually start the next event immediately after and play until I reach 25 VP (the first milestone) and go back to sleep and wake up again by 9 AM ... play for the next milestone and then head off to work.

Weekend Globals are a little less stressful; I really don't start playing until DAY #3. My goals set are modest in the beginning ... 1,250 AP per DAY, making the required adjustments on DAY #4.

Obviously I have no problem at all falling asleep OR waking up LMAO I mean if I put my head down I'm sleep in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    When I'm at work playing the free energy, I try to keep an eye on the leader so I know what to expect when I get home this evening. What's funny is he's 10 VP ahead and no matter what I do, he only plays when I do. If I don't play for 2 hours, neither does he ... If I register 3 quick victories, so does he ...
    ... I think he's trying to hold his lead and that 10 VP cushion gives him some sense of security.

This also suggests to me that he doesn't want to spend any GOLD since he could take off at any time and I would NOT chase him.

He doesn't realize that it's not his #1 RANK that I'm after ...
    ... I will be satisfied with RANK #2-3 so I can complete my weapon.

It's sort of like "cat and mouse" to see who will blink first ...
    ... Maybe I'll burn a few BARS to see how he reacts?

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    When I'm at work playing the free energy, I try to keep an eye on the leader so I know what to expect when I get home this evening. What's funny is he's 10 VP ahead and no matter what I do, he only plays when I do. If I don't play for 2 hours, neither does he ... If I register 3 quick victories, so does he ...
    ... I think he's trying to hold his lead and that 10 VP cushion gives him some sense of security.

This also suggests to me that he doesn't want to spend any GOLD since he could take off at any time and I would NOT chase him.

*** SMILES ***

Nice. I was sitting nice 4 points behind the leader and tied with 2nd place, but got distracted with work and lost over 2 hours. I've dropped to 12th, and the leader played a couple extra. But I have 26 parts, so I only really need a top 6 finish, but I'd be happier with a top 3, and then I only need to be a top 10. Only thing better is a #1 finish and then I just need to finish in the top 20. :)

1 Play and I jumped to 7th. It's a pretty leisure pack with 10 players in the 50s.
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I just hope the new update that comes out doesn't affect anyone's league event if it should pop up tomorrow. Just putting it out there.
  • Options
    I just hope the new update that comes out doesn't affect anyone's league event if it should pop up tomorrow. Just putting it out there.

Well I've gotta tell you my man, GLU's recent track record with monthly upgrades is 100% ... FAILURE ... and it always happens on HEAVY GLOBAL WEEKEND ... SMH

It's been nothing but one failure after another ever since CKS 3.0 was released ... you would think after 2 successive disasters and a SO CALLED accidental early release, they would take a break ... the GLU TREADMILL MUST CONTINUE, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Nice. I was sitting nice 4 points behind the leader and tied with 2nd place, but got distracted with work and lost over 2 hours. I've dropped to 12th, and the leader played a couple extra. But I have 26 parts, so I only really need a top 6 finish, but I'd be happier with a top 3, and then I only need to be a top 10. Only thing better is a #1 finish and then I just need to finish in the top 20. :)

1 Play and I jumped to 7th. It's a pretty leisure pack with 10 players in the 50s.

Just keep to a schedule that uses FREE energy and gets you to 100 VP by midnight (EST) ... drastic RANK fluctuations using FREE energy in a small field is common when you miss a couple of battle sets, as you've noticed, it is quite easy to restore your rank.

When you're able, definitely put aside 3-4 hours of play time for yourself and put this puppy to bed.

Good Hunting !!!
  • Options

*** SMILES ***

OK ... I burned some GOLD and wiped out his 10 VP lead, just to "spook" him a bit and remind him that ... I AM HERE ... 15 minutes later he galloped out to a 20 VP lead LOL.

Now that I know his TRUE intentions, I can relax and keep the late comers on in check.

This Will Be Done.
  • Options
    league_event_20150630.png

tier11_upgraded.png

mudflow_equipped.png

CLARINET is in play ... 1,000 BARS of GOLD safely secured in the vault.

Today is target practice AND drone training missions day ... BRADR752 ... This Bud's for YOU.

I'm ready for the upcoming battle ... Bring It On !!!
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    DRESSED TO KILL and NOBODY TO FIGHT ... for 24 HOURS

league_event_20150630.png

tier11_upgraded.png

mudflow_equipped.png

CLARINET is in play ... 1,000 BARS of GOLD safely secured in the vault.

Today is target practice AND drone training missions day ... BRADR752 ... This Bud's for YOU.

I'm ready for the upcoming battle ... Bring It On !!!

What? You think you're better than us? Showing off those screenshots, seriously? Haahaha... jk!
  • Options
    RANK #4 finished with 102 VP.

Thanks buddy.
    Now this is a very good example of what I wanted to point out (driven mainly by my own bad experience).
    This should be just a feedback to all our newcomers that do not want to spend much (I totally agree with you, you need to spend something to get somewhere).

The exact same thing was happening to me on my early days.
    I was spending gold easily and for no reason. At least you do it and you know why you do it, I didn't! :)

In this case, you finished 2nd, probably with 150+ vp.
    You chased a #1 position which you actually did not need for fun's shake and I salute that!
    My point is that you took your 16 parts when you could get the same parts with a 110 finish (i.e. approx 120golds less), without spending as much gold as you did (if not 0 gold). This was your day 1.
    Your day 2, was pretty much similar, finishing 2nd, 20VP above #4 (i.e. approx 60golds less), which is again something that could be easily avoided.

To cut the long story short:
    1) If you people don't have a clear target, don't spend your gold (unless your pockets are big)
    2) If you don't want to spend your gold for no reason, you have to be patient (it's a 3-days event not 1 day)
    3) The sooner you will realize that in PVP leagues you are up against people and not robots, the less you'll have to spend
    4) If you don't want to spend your gold at all (I don't care how you got them, free or not), then PVP leagues is not your game.

This is my experience so far.
    I humbly salute you.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    What? You think you're better than us? Showing off those screenshots, seriously? Haahaha... jk!

No but it's obvious YOU believe so ... screen shots are something everyone shares, you should try it some time.
  • Options
    Thanks buddy.
    Now this is a very good example of what I wanted to point out (driven mainly by my own bad experience).
    This should be just a feedback to all our newcomers that do not want to spend much (I totally agree with you, you need to spend something to get somewhere).

The exact same thing was happening to me on my early days.
    I was spending gold easily and for no reason. At least you do it and you know why you do it, I didn't! :)

In this case, you finished 2nd, probably with 150+ vp.
    You chased a #1 position which you actually did not need for fun's shake and I salute that!
    My point is that you took your 16 parts when you could get the same parts with a 110 finish (i.e. approx 120golds less), without spending as much gold as you did (if not 0 gold). This was your day 1.
    Your day 2, was pretty much similar, finishing 2nd, 20VP above #4 (i.e. approx 60golds less), which is again something that could be easily avoided.

To cut the long story short:
    1) If you people don't have a clear target, don't spend your gold (unless your pockets are big)
    2) If you don't want to spend your gold for no reason, you have to be patient (it's a 3-days event not 1 day)
    3) The sooner you will realize that in PVP leagues you are up against people and not robots, the less you'll have to spend
    4) If you don't want to spend your gold at all (I don't care how you got them, free or not), then PVP leagues is not your game.

This is my experience so far.
    I humbly salute you.
    Cheers.

I agree with you totally except for one thing. I wasn't chasing the leader (I could have taken him at any time if that was my intention), I was just safely staying ahead of RANK #3-4 since I didn't want to go through another league day is all. Scoring 174 is really no big deal at all for me and is relatively cheap for $5-10. I will trade $10 for an entire day of competition ... anytime ... any day. My time is just too valuable; some do not agree with this reasoning and it's their choice not to.

What I was illustrating was how tight the ranks became towards the end. The 100+ VP club extended all the way down to RANK #22. Dead last registered 90 VP. The competition is getting really tough ... this was for a SNIPER. I see 300 VP on the horizon.

Definitely not for the faint of heart OR pockets, I'm afraid. Simply put, soon it will be impossible to compete at all without spending some GOLD. The newer players will never win enough parts and if they're willing to spend GOLD there will always be someone willing to spend more. If you're new to the game and on Android, better head over to Amazon is the best advice I can give.

It's already nearing the point where you cannot win 35 PARTS without landing in the GOLD LEAGUE. The numbers never lie and when that fateful day arrives ... that will be the end of the road for me personally.

But until then ...

Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The days of a Top 250 finish on Global, followed by three days of Top 10 finishes to craft a free weapon are gone on IOS as well. This weekend will definitely require some financial commitment,whatever your strategy.

BTW, I have 47 parts for the Clarinet on IOS. Hope I can get that last Topo 20 finish today
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    BTW, I have 47 parts for the Clarinet on IOS.Hope I can get that last Topo 20 finish today
    I got 42 parts. You know something the rest of us don't? (Update, reduced 3rd day etc)
  • Options
    silver_league_day3.png

I promised you DAY #3 would be a cake walk ... but there's something else on the menu, and it isn't cake LMAO
  • Options
    silver_league_day3.png

I promised you DAY #3 would be a cake walk ... but there's something else on the menu, and it isn't cake LMAO

1) Double trouble! Scorpion vs Scorpion!! The other guy is killing you, buddy! :)
    2) REALLY? I mean, REALLY? #1 has 12VP afther 8 hours? This must be a photoshop...
    3) Go SCORPION!!!

Cheers!

PS. I guess all players in your bracket already have the Clarinet, right?
  • Options
    1) Double trouble! Scorpion vs Scorpion!! The other guy is killing you, buddy! :)
    2) REALLY? I mean, REALLY? #1 has 12VP afther 8 hours? This must be a photoshop...
    3) Go SCORPION!!!

Cheers!

PS. I guess all players in your bracket already have the Clarinet, right?

YEP that's the way Android Silver League shapes up ... DAY #1 the heavy hitters are playing RANK #1 is 225-250 VP. DAY #2 is what I've posted earlier in this thread; it's the most competitive by far and this is where the low-medium spenders can get down. DAY #3 is for mopping up ... the competition is light.
  • Options
    I was kinda hoping that DTK would be unlocked today ... anyone know when they plan to unlock Dressed To Kill?
  • Options
    I was kinda hoping that DTK would be unlocked today ... anyone know when they play to unlock Dressed To Kill?

Just got the word from HANDLES. There will be NO PVP this weekend for ANDROID. All Android users will be placed in the BRONZE LEAGUE.

Yet an other month long wait for a new HEAVY. At least I know BEFORE hand what to expect.

Can you imagine EVERY ANDROID user in the BRONZE LEAGUE? LOL I will be a "passive" observer on this one. On the other hand, there won't be the usual 4 day marathon to determine league qualifications.

TWO WINS in a 3 day event ... SMH

BASE 12 and DRONE upgrades come to mind. In a way, this is exactly what I needed. I can wait for 13.5 weapon ... I suppose it won't kill me. LOL