New Update: Dressed to Kill!

HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
Hello All!

I have information on the upcoming update Dressed to Kill.

The update will be taking place on July 3rd (Friday). This will have an effect on this weekends PvP and Sales events.

iOS

PvP and Sales events will start Friday July 3rd after the update is complete.

Android

The weekend PvP and Sales events will not be taking place this weekend. This means that all Android players will begin next weeks League Brackets in the Bronze League.

We thank you for your patience in this matter.

Update:

There will be no League Bracketed event for Android this week. I apologize.
Prev134

Comments

• SlummerSlummer Registered Users 70 Posts
    Handles,

Thanks for the update.

Will the frame freezing issue be resolved so some of us can play again?

iTunes
    iPad
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thank you! The only logical sane update from the game. Now, if they fixed the glitch that prevents players from getting weapons that would be great.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Handles wrote: »
    The weekend PvP and Sales events will not be taking place this weekend. This means that all Android players will begin next weeks League Brackets in the Bronze League.

Does this mean no PvP play at all OR only the Global PvP will be cancelled? Just asking since PvP is the only way to get diamonds.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Yes, same question! If no PVP, then there's only finishing region, if you haven't done it yet. And if you haven't, then the only thing you get is Cash, no diamonds, no health, no level update and gold! Basically might as well just see this game next week... MAYBE.
  • fhookefhooke Registered Users 32 Posts
    Need to just fix it correctly and completely, then release level......also stop the hackers. Thanks
  • the_illustrious_kthe_illustrious_k Registered Users 1 Posts
    Greetings Handles,

Thanks for the info and head-up on the update slated for this Friday (7/03 '15).

As many of us are wondering what the new campaign stage will be like, as well as

what everyone is vying for gun-wise for the upcoming (impacted) global event, could

you shed a little light on what exactly we can expect for event rewards.

Thanks again and lookin' forward to your reply.

the_illustrious_k
    hardware: iPhone 5S 64GB iOS: 8.3
    CK:S software: 3.0.1
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Does this mean no PvP play at all OR only the Global PvP will be cancelled? Just asking since PvP is the only way to get diamonds.

Handles says PVP "event" must mean Global and the PVP will continue.

It looks like Glu is going to screw you out of a Heavy again this month.
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Handles says PVP "event" must mean Global and the PVP will continue.

It looks like Glu is going to screw you out of a Heavy again this month.

Undoubtedly ... every Android player will be placed in the BRONZE LEAGUE? ... I'll stick to collecting diamonds LOL
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • ysuryysury Registered Users 1 Posts
    Can somebody explain to me more about dressed to kill? is it a new region?
  • Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    ysury wrote: »

Yup. New region and new tier 12 base. Yay!
  • NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Greetings Handles,

Thanks for the info and head-up on the update slated for this Friday (7/03 '15).

As many of us are wondering what the new campaign stage will be like, as well as

what everyone is vying for gun-wise for the upcoming (impacted) global event, could

you shed a little light on what exactly we can expect for event rewards.

Thanks again and lookin' forward to your reply.

the_illustrious_k
    hardware: iPhone 5S 64GB iOS: 8.3
    CK:S software: 3.0.1
    ysury wrote: »

I have some time to kill so let me shed some light on your questions.
    You can actually help yourselves by checking related threads and posts.
    This is how I was I able to contribute something here at the first place.

I'll grab the chance and give you a tip, since you are new in the forum.
    Always try to follow-up on posts and threads in the forum (ideally before popping questions).
    There are people here who spend their time so as to share their knowledge with us (Bradr752, Amsoft2000, Angels Holocaust, SmokingJoe, unhappy, crafty, merc316, try again etc).

So, back to our topic.
    "DRESSED TO KILL" is the new region to be "officially" released for all platforms (IOS, Android, Amazon) on Friday, July 3rd.
    I say officially because it was "accidentally" released on Android and Amazon 10 days or so ago and then was locked up again.

As Bradr752 said on one of his earlier posts, this new region is a retouched version of the previous regions you already are familiar with. Nothing changes in game-play, graphics, spooks, opponents, need for gold etc. We will all need 11.5 primary weapons to complete the region.
    At the same time TIER 12 bases will also be released for those who have already maxed out their TIER 11 base.

Weapons-wise, we were all anticipating for this week's Global event to compete for the heavy. Yet another surprise from GLU (again on a "heavy" week), this will only be available on IOS. It is logical to assume that there will be a set of 12.5 heavies to compete for but I do not put my money on it until I see them. Em , wait a minute. I can't put my money on it since the banks are closed here in Greece! :)

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
  • streetboy124streetboy124 Registered Users 69 Posts
    Please fix the freeze frames hard to play the game
  • mcjpaydmcjpayd Registered Users 100 Posts
    Please fix the freeze frames hard to play the game

yeah i hope they fix the framerate, otherwise this game is barely worth playing until they do. used to have a ton of health packs. You can barely beat an opponent u shpuld be able to beat with ease.
  • unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    I can't put my money on it since the banks are closed here in Greece! :)

Don't let them see gold in your account, they will want it more than GLU..!
  • JanbenzonJanbenzon Registered Users 23 Posts
    Does the dress to kill been uploaded yet and ready for download? I have been playing and no notice for this version yet.
    Handles wrote: »
    Hello All!

I have information on the upcoming update Dressed to Kill.

The update will be taking place on July 3rd (Friday). This will have an effect on this weekends PvP and Sales events.

iOS

PvP and Sales events will start Friday July 3rd after the update is complete.

Android

We thank you for your patience in this matter.

Any sort of ETA?
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    unhappy wrote: »
    Any sort of ETA?

Exactly what I wanted to know as well.
    My guess would be noon. Have a successful hunt, my heart is with you guys! Will be a short tough event, so, hang in there.

Please, let us guys on the sideline know what heavy is up for dibs, and the weapon power. We are blind to this one.
    unhappy wrote: »
    Don't let them see gold in your account, they will want it more than GLU..!

LMAO How true!
    try_again wrote: »
    My guess would be noon. Have a successful hunt, my heart is with you guys! Will be a short tough event, so, hang in there.

Please, let us guys on the sideline know what heavy is up for dibs, and the weapon power. We are blind to this one.

Will do buddy, no worries.

NEWSFLASH, 14:45 C(entral)E(uropean)T(ime) OR 08:45 E(astern)D(aylight saving)T(ime): NO UPDATE YET ON IOS
  • streetboy124streetboy124 Registered Users 69 Posts

NEWSFLASH, 14:45 C(entral)E(uropean)T(ime) OR 08:45 E(astern)D(aylight saving)T(ime): NO UPDATE YET ON IOS

What time is in east Asia for the update to be running currently the time is 8.56 pm..
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I hope I am wrong, but I am beginning to doubt that a new Tier, new Campaign and new Global will get off the ground for IOS users today.

Since Android user already have Tier 12 and the new Campaign downloaded, why delay the release to them?

Also it is a holiday in California today. Nobody working.

I hope I am wrong but I have got a bad feeling. Glu has disappointed so many times before, it is hard to believe they will manage this one correctly.
  • Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts

Just wondering what these times are for. Did I miss something?
    I hope I am wrong, but I am beginning to doubt that a new Tier, new Campaign and new Global will get off the ground for IOS users today.

Since Android user already have Tier 12 and the new Campaign downloaded, why delay the release to them?

I hope I am wrong but I have got a bad feeling. Glu has disappointed so many times before, it is hard to believe they will manage this one correctly.

I get the same feeling Bradr752.
    Another hour passed and nothing yet
    Just wondering what these times are for. Did I miss something?

HANDLES said 2 days ago that new Tier, new Campaign and new Global will be released for IOS users today (07/03)
    is the 4th July a holiday too?

I don't think it's possible that GLU has the servers in California - home of silicon valley! With the record they've shown so far, it can't be near US on a holiday to declare a kick off. And with the quality I've seen of the IT performance, I'd bet the servers are in India with cows mulling around, and chickens underfoot of the programmer(s) management team. I'm not knocking their capability and education (better than the average American), just their infrastructure not being top notch.

And yes, since all times in the game are relative to PDT (all events and leagues), noon there.
    4th of July is a holiday plus it's Saturday
    NEWSFLASH, 18:30 C(entral)E(uropean)T(ime) OR 12:30 E(astern)D(aylight saving)T(ime): THE UPDATE AND GLOBAL PVP ON IOS IS FINALLY ON!!!
    PVP PRIZES:

RANKS 1-10: VALKYRIE ELITE (HEAVY), 12.5*, POWER 460.8K
    RANKS 11-30: HUGINN (HEAVY), 12.5*, POWER 384K
    This is the heavy gun on sale. Looks familiar?

5Pq7ZSm.png

This is VALKYRIE ELITE

guRXhSw.png

This is HUGINN

UHZzfsQ.jpg

Cheers